Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disable portal for the Limbo

quxier

When the Limbo rolls it makes a portal. Through that portal teammates & you can go to "alternate dimension".
Turn it of for the Limbo because it servers no purpose. The Limbo can already go from/to alternate dimension by simply rolling. Leaving portals makes it harder for limbo to go to certain dimension. For example: You roll from the Rift to the normal dimension but you have the portal in front of you, hence you go back to the Rift. One roll should equal one change from/to the Rift.

the portal is for your fellow tenno technicly not really for you.

Maybe the proper fix would be making limbo not trigger in his own portal but keeping it for the fellow tenno is worth it because an example:  ash can bladestorm out of the rift while being in the rift ^.^ and so many more insane tricks like that

Totaly missread the word "off" basicly just we are clear the portal stay there but would not affect limbo right ?

31 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

the portal is for your fellow tenno technicly not really for you.

Maybe the proper fix would be making limbo not trigger in his own portal but keeping it for the fellow tenno is worth it because an example:  ash can bladestorm out of the rift while being in the rift ^.^ and so many more insane tricks like that

Ermmm that is what he is asking?

Tiles are large, the tear in the rift lasts for 5 seconds. This is not a relevant problem for most game modes. 

The purpose is for the unlikely case that a teammate would like to enter the rift, but they don't feel like actively communicating with you for them to be banished, so they can enter of their own volition. It will not be going away

1 hour ago, trunks013 said:

the portal is for your fellow tenno technicly not really for you

It seems to be primarily for trolls to annoy their fellow tenno. It's yet another "feature" that actually discourages coop play, and is yet another reason why players immediately leave void fissure missions if they see a Limbo in them. Nobody wins here, especially not Limbo players, so how about we get rid of it altogether?

4 minutes ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

It seems to be primarily for trolls to annoy their fellow tenno. It's yet another "feature" that actually discourages coop play, and is yet another reason why players immediately leave void fissure missions if they see a Limbo in them. Nobody wins here, especially not Limbo players, so how about we get rid of it altogether?

Well someone forgot what it was like before when limbo could just rift people right and left and also rolling out of it was impossible.

16 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

Well someone forgot what it was like before when limbo could just rift people right and left and also rolling out of it was impossible.

Well, those memories are another reason why players immediately leave coop missions if they see a Limbo, who may be less intrusive now, but players still don't want to be responsible for personally managing someone else's frame mechanics. "Why can't I hit anyth... oh I got put in the mucking Rift again." I'm also unsure why we still can't shoot enemies inside the Rift from outside of it, other than some dev's stubborn RP ideas of how the Rift should technically work if it were Real Magic.

2 hours ago, trunks013 said:

Totaly missread the word "off" basicly just we are clear the portal stay there but would not affect limbo right ?

Visually it could go either way (the portal can stay or not) but main thing I'm asking for is the bolded part.

2 hours ago, ShichiseitenYasha said:

Tiles are large, the tear in the rift lasts for 5 seconds. This is not a relevant problem for most game modes. 

Take some (mobile) defense or excavations. You stay in one place.

58 minutes ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

Well, you should make a different thread.

26 minutes ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

Well, those memories are another reason why players immediately leave coop missions if they see a Limbo, who may be less intrusive now, but players still don't want to be responsible for personally managing someone else's frame mechanics. "Why can't I hit anyth... oh I got put in the mucking Rift again." I'm also unsure why we still can't shoot enemies inside the Rift from outside of it, other than some dev's stubborn RP ideas of how the Rift should technically work if it were Real Magic.

Yeah well technicly its not RP idea about Real magic but more a physics stand point.

That being said it could be solved with RP weird huh. But more on the other way around a tenno should be able to shoot enemies outside the rift from within the rift as if they would be able to let projectile quit the rift but not enter making them almost invulnerable. Also stating that would make limbo player way more broken then they are right now.

I understand that from a playing perspective its annoying as hell. But form a story , mechanic and playing stand point lets be honest its a super strong character with amazing synergy and background. Feels like Obito from Naruto or any speedsters from DC or even Vision form Marvel universe and if we want to go far we could state Casper ^.^ 

1. i don't want to say yes but there's room here for other fixes. I think that maybe good to call in some different procs and reload functions for players who use the rift and teleporters. limbo is confusing to use for a first time player but the story pushes you to get this warframe quickly, so its a good idea to rework all the basic functions of non-prime warframes, especially those connected to story proggress, limbo just needs other exclusive weapons like excalibur and mesa have with the abilities i feel are too perfect and dark 10/10, difficult for new players. and the energy or pickups could be transposed into refined bullets or procs to cause explosions and other psi-kinitic abilities,
  2. depending on the loot and mods you pickup, lastly i think switching to secondary and melee should use some energy or be based on abilities. in the future it makes sense to bring this energy collecting  and reload/switching and movement mechanics for players to require those pickuips to move faster or sprint, that way theres a sense of weight and need to, i have seen the function to drain energy but its akward, i think the broken septor is really strange, the broken war and "the war" are not complete with passive traits or special functions, so they should at least get some color or ephemeral status boosters which trigger on energy pickup or melee,
  3. switching and teleporting should mean that the pickups and mods are reflected, and in the future the environments or planets should adapt those vampire features into regular gameplay of low gravity and detriments to keep the game challenging without mod requirements or special items, i mean yea there could be some level up thingy or passive which keeps it random, usually there is a few riven and enhancements later on but they are outside the spectrum of general players who are walking around the orbiters and cities, so those city shops could use temporary based magic and enhancements that add regen, and MP recovery like final fantasy, or bullet and zaw rentals instead, this way the players can try out the higher end of the game without the time constrains, the rewards would be based on that logic and warfraame, operator and planet, so if ur playing limbo at the plains u can get creative with the apples and minning ores, as they deplete and are converted into spiritual channels for different bullet jump and reload, or shot types, the procs can add more punch-through for now and speed for movement could have different animations basic in other maps these can be like google prediction and spellcheck bonuses.

OP is right but with a wrong solution. The portal is needed by squad mates so they can also go into the rift. The problem is "falling" into the portal by accident not just be Limbo but by anyone in the squad. Sometimes you're just stuck doing a melee combo and hit that portal by accident and you can't roll out until your combo ends.

I think the better solutions is to require players to press the interact key if they want to use the rift portal instead of just touching it.Maybe the same could be done for other powers like Nova's Worm Hole.

14 hours ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

I don't get it. Limbo is viable chiefly for non-Corpus Mobile Defense and Rescue.

16 hours ago, quxier said:

Take some (mobile) defense or excavations. You stay in one place.

And in these cases, you can use Cataclysm. Maximum range enemies stop moving. Minimum range the objective is nearly invulnerable. 

The only game modes where this is a relevant problem are Hijacks and Sabotages as those require you to stand in an extremely small area or pass through short AND narrow corridors multiple times in quick succession, respectively. You are limited in no such way for any other game mode where cataclysm doesn't solve the problem immediately. 

20 hours ago, quxier said:

When the Limbo rolls it makes a portal. Through that portal teammates & you can go to "alternate dimension".
Turn it of for the Limbo because it servers no purpose. The Limbo can already go from/to alternate dimension by simply rolling. Leaving portals makes it harder for limbo to go to certain dimension. For example: You roll from the Rift to the normal dimension but you have the portal in front of you, hence you go back to the Rift. One roll should equal one change from/to the Rift.

Technically, Limbo has never "rolled" in his life, he skates into and out of the Rift. The portals are only used by teammates, Limbo doesn't need to go back thru them for any reason. Your example makes no sense, how can you roll forward and the portal be in front of you? The portal spawns BEHIND you, not in front.

6 hours ago, (PSN)mahoshonenfox said:

OP is right but with a wrong solution.

Not wrong just for Limbo.

6 hours ago, (PSN)mahoshonenfox said:

I think the better solutions is to require players to press the interact key if they want to use the rift portal instead of just touching it.Maybe the same could be done for other powers like Nova's Worm Hole.

This would fix Limbo problems as well!

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Your example makes no sense, how can you roll forward and the portal be in front of you? The portal spawns BEHIND you, not in front.

I think I need to be very specific. Here is long version for you (I say roll just for simplicity):
1) You are in the Rift

2) you roll forward

3) you get a portal behind you

4) you roll backward

5) you are in the Rift

6) you roll forward but there is a portal in front of you so you go through that portal

7) you are still in the Rift (you should be in the normal dimension)

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Don't backflip then

I guess, I need to write a lot. Look, when you "roll" a lot you are making a portals (it might be just one portal, I don't remember). It's not unusual that you go through the same place.

Your suggestion is just "don't roll". In hectic game I roll a lot.

4 hours ago, quxier said:

I guess, I need to write a lot. Look, when you "roll" a lot you are making a portals (it might be just one portal, I don't remember). It's not unusual that you go through the same place.

Your suggestion is just "don't roll". In hectic game I roll a lot.

You don't seem to get it, don't roll where you've already rolled. Geez, anybody can figure that out with Limbo. If you're having to "roll" so much as Limbo, you're playing him wrong then.

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

You don't seem to get it, don't roll where you've already rolled. Geez, anybody can figure that out with Limbo. If you're having to "roll" so much as Limbo, you're playing him wrong then.

I disagree but I won't argue with you. Whatever I will say you won't change your mind.

7 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Sorry but when I play Limbo, I pop in and out of the rift constantly. Sometimes just to pick up an ayatan star or to press a switch. Sometimes to grab the loot my companion's vacuum is carrying. Most times, its to avoid damage.When dodging, its very easy to slide back into your own portal if there's not a lot of space to maneuver. Limbo mains know not to use Limbo 24/7 in the rift. You're supposed to play peek a boo with him. That's why DE placed Rift Walk as his passive and removed it from being is 2.

Archived