Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gradivus Dilemma Afk Abuse

Keetsune

Atleast one person in matchmaking is always AFK. I'm bet that most of this AFK'ers is multiaccount abuse of members of top clans. As for this event it is too late to do something with that, but this shall be considered in future events. 

As for me i don't care if they abuse, just this sh`t is ruining my game experience, why the hell i always should wait 1 min for extraction because of those AFK'ers???

If people were abusing multi-accounts for clan titles why would they be in a pug match?

Paranoia much.

People are AFKing because doing 100 of the exact same mission is a bit tedious.  A single player on a few frames can run through and clear the whole run so trying to get any kills can be pointless.  OR there are plenty of people who are just not good at rushing getting left behind... looks like AFKing but they simply can't keep up.  OR lag.  holy crap have I had some ridiculous lag in some of these matches.

There are tons of reasons to understand this isn't a real issue, and hardly any reason to believe it is somehow alt accounts trying to pad their clans stats.

If people were abusing multi-accounts for clan titles why would they be in a pug match?

Paranoia much.

Because of limit 4 max in one match? Yeah sure PARANOIA! And as i said before: i don't care why they AFK, it should be prevented.

Edited by Keetsune

Easy, just record non-extractions and balance them with completes. Then if a player has more than 10 non-extractions, allow them to be kicked by the host. Done deal.

Of course, you will never go negative on non-extractions so you have to be consistent with where you play and with completing missions fully.

Edited by Stygi

Because you just need to join the mission and then go afk in a pug. If you do it solo, you can afk as long as you want, you'll need to clean up the ship on your own afterwards. And private session with yourself? Well, same problem - you'll have to clean it up with your main alone, while your alts afk.

I accidentally afk'd through 6 matches when I left to cook dinner while I was extracting. Usually after I finish a mission I get DC'd so I assumed it happen like normal. Apparently I had a pretty good connection to them and got carried along for a ride. I felt pretty bad afterwards and apologized repeatedly.

This morning, I had another case that looked like afk, but wasn't. 3/4 spawned halfway through the mission, already on the enemy's side. Only one unlucky guy spawned at the start and had to rush through the whole mission to catch up with us just as we reached extraction.

I had two afks in my mission just now. That said, I don't mind since their mission completions count for my objective too and I can solo these just as easily as I can do them in a group. They're essentially giving their assault power or "votes" to my personal use.