Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orphix Venom and Quest Sequence-Breaking (SPOILERS!)

Galoain

Question

Should I just bite the bullet and do Heart of Deimos so I can participate in Orphix Venom even though I haven't done The Sacrifice yet, meaning the Lotus hasn't gone rogue yet, or should I sit this one out like I did Scarlet Spear because I hadn't completed War Within by that point, a decision that haunts me to this day?

11 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Galoain said:

Should I just bite the bullet and do Heart of Deimos so I can participate in Orphix Venom even though I haven't done The Sacrifice yet, meaning the Lotus hasn't gone rogue yet, or should I sit this one out like I did Scarlet Spear because I hadn't completed War Within by that point, a decision that haunts me to this day?

As long as you did the main story mission, that unlocked your Transference ability, go for it.

If you don't have a necramech of your own, just pop into one that's laying around in that mission tile. 

21 minutes ago, GrazeZeroLow said:

As long as you did the main story mission, that unlocked your Transference ability, go for it.

If you don't have a necramech of your own, just pop into one that's laying around in that mission tile. 

That's what I'll have to do, but it'll be missing all the context of The Sacrifice, the Ropalolyst battle, the Railjack quest and Erra, etc.

Part of me actively WANTS content draught just so I can get caught up and do the story in the correct order with some halfway-decent-looking FashionFrame!

almost no story to speak of in ropalolyst or railjack, nor in this one.  Besides, story in the middle of a mission is a questionable development practice at best.  I'm always too busy to pay attention and have to re-read it afterwards anyway.  Pretty sure all the dialog in this one can be summed up as "go git 'im!" but have to wait for someone to transcribe it.

20 minutes ago, mkah_mvet said:

almost no story to speak of in ropalolyst or railjack, nor in this one.  Besides, story in the middle of a mission is a questionable development practice at best.  I'm always too busy to pay attention and have to re-read it afterwards anyway.  Pretty sure all the dialog in this one can be summed up as "go git 'im!" but have to wait for someone to transcribe it.

Ropalolyst establishes the Sentients are in the process of invading, the narrative that Orphix Venom is part of, and Railjack reveals TMITW's finger in the Railjack, foreshadowing Heart of Deimos' other body-horror aspects, as well as giving you access to the Erra quest, which is the immediate predecessor to these New War operations.

in regards to story and the event, this is just a skirmish of the upcoming war, just fight and push the sentients back. There is no necessary context needed to understand what is happening other than the lotus going rogue. The one spoiler you may see is the lotus' face. in terms of lore, there are no lore reveals that have any relevance to anything in railjack, ropalolyst, or erra. this operation is not meant to be lore heavy, just a fun "fight the sentients" operation

22 hours ago, Galoain said:

war within an heart of deimos is all that is needed to do it

I decided to follow your advice but I did The Sacrifice first, and I completed it tonight, but I think Deadlock Protocol messed things up because I couldn't find the Somachord part in the Corpus segment of pursuing Umbra.  If I redo the quest to try and find it, will I end up with multiple Umbras sitting in my inventory, or does it just skip that part if you've already done it?  I want to scratch my obsessive completionist itch, but not if it's going to make even more of a narrative mess!

1 hour ago, Galoain said:

I decided to follow your advice but I did The Sacrifice first, and I completed it tonight, but I think Deadlock Protocol messed things up because I couldn't find the Somachord part in the Corpus segment of pursuing Umbra.  If I redo the quest to try and find it, will I end up with multiple Umbras sitting in my inventory, or does it just skip that part if you've already done it?  I want to scratch my obsessive completionist itch, but not if it's going to make even more of a narrative mess!

you will not get another umbra an you will go through the quest the same but wont be needing to craft umbra.
its the same with all quests that have you craft something

Archived