Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My personal review of the new Operation Venom

Blaudari

Warning: This is an opinion & my experience is different from others.

So I'm loving the new event. Rewards are meh honestly but that's just me. I have yet to have a problem with the update. No new bugs that i've encountered no glitches etc.

I do like its just straight to the point & I'm actually having fun playing the new event instead of doing chores on Warframe, there's no grind feel to getting the event currency to me & I don't have to rely on coop to participate in the event.

I think this is an improvement for DE, I love the game & want to see it improve & I'm glad this event turned out to be great, I'm glad i stuck around so hopefully DE continues to improve.

Not gonna lie, i do hope this is a new game mode they add because it feels so simple & while Necramechs are already powerful, it does feel good to well....feel powerful against the sentients., Almost reminds me of the good old days of Warframe.

Lastly, I find the little detail to be cool to me when you walk into the doorways & you grind the top of your mech on the top door frame.

Just now, Celtic_Guardian said:

I'll giving a shot once I can get home.

Get home safe, Tenno. The necramechs lying around are Bonewidow's with Mausolin (I think its a mix of Bonewidow's & Voidrigs) So if you don't have a Necramech then you got those to use, Oh & they are all level 30 mechs but obviously no mods attached 

The fact that Necramechs move like a garbage bin on one wheel -

The fact that Orphix Resonators sometimes spawn in places that you can only reach via bullet jump -

The fact that Necramechs can't bullet jump -

Forces me to conclude that this event WORSE than Scarlet Spear.

I will never exchange vanilla Warframe parkour for this choppy thing that can only be described as "anti-movement" system.

Gerade eben schrieb Hayrack:

The fact that Orphix Resonators sometimes spawn in places that you can only reach via bullet jump -

I will never exchange vanilla Warframe parkour for this choppy thing that can only be described as "anti-movement" system.

it can work if you have pimped operator with all important passives active and good amp gun. and necramech must survive now or you deal not enough damage.

3 minutes ago, Hayrack said:

Yeah me and my friends are hating it. Its like the opposite of Warframe, very slow, clunky, akward and you have to do it A LOT to get all the rewards you want :(

Eh. Not really what I play Warframe for, but not too bad. Just shoot stuff and shoot more stuff, nothing too complicated. I think Imperator Vandal works best here. Already completed all three nodes and got a decent amount of Phasic Cells in the process. With an under-levelled Voidrig, too.

This event last 30 days, every day of which I intend to make use of. Already got all the Scarlet Spear stuff, and the third node dropped Lavos BP for me, so that's 1,500 Cells already saved. Think I'll just do a quick run or two a day, then go back to celebrating my new RTX 3070 and SSD upgrade with a third play-through of Horizon Zero Dawn.

34 minutes ago, Hayrack said:

if only you had an operator that can VOID DASH... Uhm.... If only we had operators... just pressing a button.. uhhm...

I only had time for one run this evening, but I know what I'm going to be doing tomorrow!

I'm enjoying the leap from slow and solid mech to fast agile operator and the way it flows through the mission.

Thumbs up DE, Well done.

33 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

521 credits in 33mins from 1st mission. and you need 1000 or even 1500 for useful stuff. and there are a lot new items or old arcanes...

and again: host left after ~20 mins... i dont most stuff solo at the end.

i check mission 2 and 3... 🤮

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

SCORING & PHASIC CELLS

Each Orphix has an initial value of 100 points in the first Operation mission. As your fight evolves, so will the Orphix, awarding you more points at a greater difficulty. Orphix will be worth 200 points at the hardest difficulty (Endurance), and scale up from there! Kill Sentients to increase your score as well. The higher your score, the more Phasic Cells you’ll walk away with. 
Try to survive for as long as you can - 36 Orphix will be the maximum amount in the Endurance mission, so once you’ve hit 36, it’s time to extract! The first two Operation missions have a limit of 24 Orphix. Players looking to maximize their score should head to Endurance! .

Phasic Cells can be earned in any Operation mission. But remember - Endurance gives the most points per Orphix, so you’ll earn the most Phasic Cells there. A prepared and coordinated squad even more so! While this Operation is possible Solo, best results will come from coordinated Squads! 

vor 53 Minuten schrieb Battle.Mage:

521 credits in 33mins from 1st mission. and you need 1000 or even 1500 for useful stuff. and there are a lot new items or old arcanes...

and again: host left after ~20 mins... i done most stuff solo at the end.

i check mission 2 and 3... 🤮

226 phasic cells from lvl 3 mission after 14 mins. so hf with farming 🤮

It is a fun event aslong as you dont run into bugs.

So far I havent had many, but those I've had have been crippling and straight up game breaking for the mission I was in. 

Bug #1: Cannot transfer out of the Mech nor use any Mech skills. Thus no operator option, so cant reach certain places where the thingy you need to destroy is placed.

Bug#2: Thingy you need to destroy spawns in a locked room, happens on Jupiter tilesets quite often in the "hangar" room.

Really sucks getting either if you try to push for the max. However, the operation has been kind to me so far, got 3 Lavos pieces early on, so only had to buy one.

Saddest part about the update... we still cannot use Mechs in all missions, it is restricted to the event tiles. Made me a massive sad panda when I went to Hydron to level my Widow, since it just dawned on me that I wont be able to bring them to Steel Path yet.

edit: Other than that I enjoy it and the Mech (atleast Widow) feels beefy versus ground enemies. I love picking up a Nox and using him as my personal snackpack as I mow through his friends.

7 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Bug #1: Cannot transfer out of the Mech nor use any Mech skills. Thus no operator option, so cant reach certain places where the thingy you need to destroy is placed.

Bug#2: Thingy you need to destroy spawns in a locked room, happens on Jupiter tilesets quite often in the "hangar" room.

To add to those:

#3 Orphix might just not open once the targets are dead
Only way is to rush fast to extraction, happened to me at about 30 and ironically our Gauss barely made it before control reached 100%

#4 if your rig is dead and on CD AND operator dies it ports you back to a 0hp frame and resets any gained affinity up to this point.
Yes, yes I'm a horrible person for going without a maxed rig, but I'm on the 7th forma now because of the new mods and with the current affinity booster + one more from the market + the mr30 I go from 0-10 on the 1st or 2nd Orphix.

I like the event, couldn't stand mechs before this, but here I like them for some reason. The market skin is unbelievably awesome (imo) and it might be half the reason I like them more. I feel a lot more like a Goliath from SC with it, which feels better than corn (or golden s#$%) with a skull on top.

So far, so good, no bugs thus far and the pacing seems good. I've only done the beginner level so far  but once I got my head around stuff it's all right. I did groan when I saw this was released right before the weekend but it seems toche holding up just fine right now.

There's  no defense objective and theres no buggy af op link to worry about either. It's just survival with a twist or two. 

I'll just get the necramech mods and peace out though. I have the arcanes that are useful already and lavos I can get elsewhere if I dont get the parts while running missions.

2 hours ago, Blaudari said:

Warning: This is an opinion & my experience is different from others.

So I'm loving the new event. Rewards are meh honestly but that's just me. I have yet to have a problem with the update. No new bugs that i've encountered no glitches etc.

I do like its just straight to the point & I'm actually having fun playing the new event instead of doing chores on Warframe, there's no grind feel to getting the event currency to me & I don't have to rely on coop to participate in the event.

I think this is an improvement for DE, I love the game & want to see it improve & I'm glad this event turned out to be great, I'm glad i stuck around so hopefully DE continues to improve.

Not gonna lie, i do hope this is a new game mode they add because it feels so simple & while Necramechs are already powerful, it does feel good to well....feel powerful against the sentients., Almost reminds me of the good old days of Warframe.

Lastly, I find the little detail to be cool to me when you walk into the doorways & you grind the top of your mech on the top door frame.

What do I have to buy from the cash shop to just be able to play the new game mode with Banshee? That's quite a bit more enjoyable than having to slog through this using the necramechs and their not-at-all tileset friendly camera viewpoint.

The biggest problem I faced in my runs was that the tile-sets (at least the grineer ones) are designed with warframes in mind and not mechs. Half the time it is difficult to see because your perspective is too high. I feel it would have been better either on an open world tileset or they should have stuck to earth since you can move easily there. Even with operator movement, traversing these maps is not smooth as warframe is supposed to be. Also, found a bug on host migration, I lost all my modded damage on my mausolon (easy to spot since I had an automatic trigger and the fire rate dropped to abysmal and I was barely tickling the orphix whereas before the migration I could one shot with alt fire). I tried re-summoning my mech and still was stuck with underpowered weapons.

12 hours ago, Ver1dian said:

#3 Orphix might just not open once the targets are dead
Only way is to rush fast to extraction, happened to me at about 30 and ironically our Gauss barely made it before control reached 100%

Dont worry about rushing to extract if something bugs, you wont fail if the control reaches 100%, the mission just ends at that point, much like how survival works once you've done atleast one rotation. Only time it fails if it reaches 100% is if you havent met the minimum requirement yet for rota A. Though it is a pita bug when the Orphix doesnt open.

Archived