Necramechs are in the shop for 375 platinum , opinions

Im more of in between if that counts. Not a good move but also not bad so idk what move that is. I think thats the usual price they go to because some if not most of the warframes you can buy with platinum reach a max of 375 Plat.

Absolutely fine with it. I mean, why not? Last time I checked majority of content released by DE in the last 6 years was with premium currency, which is tradable. 

It only means that more people can get one now without having to spend weeks/months farming.. I'm fine with that.

• Like 18

For those of us that have rep grinded and done what was necessary to get that necramech it is not right to out a pay to win aspect.

Random person: buy plat with real money then oh I go buy necramech.

That gives an unfair advantage to those who can't buy plat for real money. As well as cheapens the experience of having a necramech in the first place.

I can agree with decreasing what is required to EARN it, but to just allow people to buy it right out is wrong.

Thanks

• Like 10
5 minutes ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Absolutely fine with it. I mean, why not? Last time I checked majority of content released by DE in the last 6 years was with premium currency, which is tradable. 

It only means that more people can get one now without having to spend weeks/months farming.. I'm fine with that.

It does not take weeks. Weapons are harder but mechs parts are raining from iso vaults. Also easiest syndicate to level. Having the plat option is good though. I sometimes skip even the easiest grinds when they are not fun.

• Like 7
vor 8 Minuten schrieb rushari:

It does not take weeks. Weapons are harder but mechs parts are raining from iso vaults. Also easiest syndicate to level. Having the plat option is good though. I sometimes skip even the easiest grinds when they are not fun.

Tell me about it.. i have enough matrixes for the next YEARS of additions to Deimos 😂 

I was more directing towards casuals who often can't even log in daily.. they need way longer than us. So yh, I agree. More ways to get something is always better. 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Monstrosity87 said:

As well as cheapens the experience of having a necramech in the first place.

How does it cheapen it?
Why does it matter to you if someone buys it?
How would you even know if someone got it the hard way or by making plat ingame or by spending real money?
Do you feel the same way about frames and weapons? If not, why?

I'm sorry, but for me it is just the strangest thing to be upset over how someone acquires something in a game.

• Like 19

@Leyvonne its just a matter of time they will be showing up everywhere. Instead of it being something that people go aweee with. It will be like the ignis wraith. Everyone has it...move on...and also for people like me that did the rep grind and isolation vaults to get stuff. Completely invalidates the time I wasted for it when I could have just farmed prime parts sold it for plat and bought it or just paid real money.

• Like 2

@Xylena_Lazarow ok what about new players that dont have MR or know how to earn plat in game. Those that just buy plat can have a pay to win experience. Along with you fail to recognize the rep grind and daily rep required to earn the voidrig in the first place. Underminds the efforts of those doing it the way the game was until DE made it pay to win a necramech and heavy archgun....

• Like 2

Perfectly fine. Deimos launched nearly 4 months ago which is more than enough time to have gotten them before they were "necessary" (which everyone knew was inevitable). While the price of them is fair considering the pricing on other items and the barriers one gets to skip by purchasing them.

• Like 2

speaking of which , i have a few questions for the incoming event as it is on pc currently if someone would be kind enough to answer :
One of my friend/buddy doesn't have necramech as of yet and i fear he might not be able to play this event at all , hence my questions : 

and i heard it was possible to "rent" a necramech during the event , is it possible with credits or free ?  or does it needs to be platinum and be bought on the market ?
Also , whether it require platinum or not , how much platinum does voidrig currently cost in the market ?

I also saw this line on the patch note : 
"Fully crafted components for the Necramech/weapons are now tradeable. "
Which might make it easy for me to "give" a necramech to him even if he doesn't have rank 3 on deimos maybe (to craft the gems etc..) if i craft them myself , but i'am not sure if it'll be doable.

Edited by (NSW)Gamma83
40 minutes ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

You can EARN plat without paying real money.

i'd say this wasn't his point...

...but also i can't say i agree with his anger about the whole affair - warframe was never pay to win (as he claims) but always pay for not waiting (or grind) which is not the same and totally ok for both kind of players (the paying and the freeloader who have to grind and pay with their time for the game).

the main reason for the mechs in the store is likely to give those (lazy) players a way to participate in this test... ehm... event (and ofc, to make some money too ^^)  and lets not forget that those mech-buyer neither have the mods yet to make the squishy tincan into a weak-sauce tincan nor have they much 'experience' with the clunky movement system of them.... my bet is they will regret the purchase soon after they used the mech for the first time... and wouldn't that be a fine joke, OP?

18 minutes ago, Monstrosity87 said:

@Leyvonne its just a matter of time they will be showing up everywhere. Instead of it being something that people go aweee with. It will be like the ignis wraith. Everyone has it...move on...and also for people like me that did the rep grind and isolation vaults to get stuff. Completely invalidates the time I wasted for it when I could have just farmed prime parts sold it for plat and bought it or just paid real money.

sorry, but that's such a silly 'elitist' way of thinking... also you forget the simple, important fact that DE needs to make money - especially since the majority of players use the game for free (aside from their time).

don't get worked up over something THAT unimportant... we all lived through those newbies running around with frost prime some time back, casting globes all around, annoying the other team members... they grew in experience and now we only see them seldom, or rather they dojn't differ from us any longer. if you have to complain, do it about other things DE did with this update (or did not).

19 minutes ago, Monstrosity87 said:

@Xylena_Lazarow ok what about new players that dont have MR or know how to earn plat in game. Those that just buy plat can have a pay to win experience. Along with you fail to recognize the rep grind and daily rep required to earn the voidrig in the first place. Underminds the efforts of those doing it the way the game was until DE made it pay to win a necramech and heavy archgun....

uhm... the 'rep-grind'? really now? that was by far the most easiest 'grind' from any faction we had so far... i practically did this on-the-fly while farming stuff and doing occasional bounties just because it was the fastest way to do so... especially with the iso vaults - which ironically is now a walk in the park compared to right at the relese... and do you complain about how unfair that is for us who grinded through 3 iso-vaults (and recently the extra missions too)? no, beause it doesn't matter.

but there is a lesson to learn here too: next time DE releases any new contend, don't play it until a few months later and you too will have an (likely) more easier way to get the things done... think you can do that?

• Like 1

It wont have a big impact. We been having Warframes for years in both in game and shop, and everyone was fine with it. Same for all weapons. Necramechs being in the shop wont be of any difference, is just another way to get em, if you do not wanna go through the grind we all did went for the first necramech.

1 hour ago, DonGheddo said:

Do you consider this a good or a bad move ?

it's morally grey, and depends on whetehr or not you wanna farm iso-vaults for the mechs. for newer players, they now have the option to get a mech without slogging through countless T3 runs, havign to mine and fish a lot of parts, and then wait sveeral days to actually build the thing. and then you still have to slot in a potato to fit the mods you want. this is simply a pay-for-convenience thing.

45 minutes ago, Monstrosity87 said:

You didn't really answer the questions, but I can see that this is basically a "I can't show off anymore and don't feel special" tantrum. And that is my cue to go to bed.

• Like 16