Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Necramechs are in the shop for 375 platinum , opinions

DonGheddo

What is it with people going "I had to suffer and work and everyone else should be forced to do the same thing as well!!!!"

Honestly: What's the point?  Who cares?  And really how would you know if they grinded it out or bought it with plat?  And why does it matter at all how they got the mech?
They still need to put all of the effort into leveling it and getting the mods and everything else so that they are actually worth a damn.

And seriously: Who cares if someone buys it?  I mean do you care if someone somewhere actually bought a frame with plat instead of grinding it out the "hard" way?
And really, I don't consider the "grind" to get a necramech anything special.....its a relatively easy grind that was recently made much easier through changes to the isolation vaults.  It wasn't some huge accomplishment or "wow" factor to have a mech at rank 40 before they put them on the store.

2 hours ago, Monstrosity87 said:

its just a matter of time they will be showing up everywhere. Instead of it being something that people go aweee with.

Who gives a damn?
I mean seriously.  No one, and I mean no one cares what gear you have or how you got it.  No one is fangirling around you in missions going "Oh wow you got that weapon?" they probably don't even notice or care what frame you have equipped, let alone anything else.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Gamma83 said:

and i heard it was possible to "rent" a necramech during the event , is it possible with credits or free ?  or does it needs to be platinum and be bought on the market ?
Also , whether it require platinum or not , how much platinum does voidrig currently cost in the market ?

You can find damaged necramechs around the level where you're doing the event that you can use if you don't have one of your own, just like the damaged necramechs you find on Deimos.
Completely free.
They just referred to it as "rent-a-mech" due to it being an easy way to describe it, and even scott said he was hesitant to call it that.

Just be warned: The damaged necramechs aren't that good....they are functional but no where near the level of a properly leveled and owned one.

3 hours ago, Monstrosity87 said:

As well as cheapens the experience of having a necramech in the first place.

If you came to Warframe in search for an exclusivity club, I suggest you look somewhere else.

I had no issues grinding my 2 mechs, the same way I did not have any issues with giving my friends any extra parts I had (so, entire sets) so that they could build their mechs without paying for them in effort or plat. Which would be even worse than buying them with plat, if we played by your rules.

It's the exact same thing with Warframes and weapons. You can grind them, or you can buy them. And it doesn't cheapen the experience one single bit.

This is the first I heard about it and I had to go check. Personally I'm pretty happy about that. I suppose it comes down to a matter of perspective. Having taken a year off from this game I came back to tons of things I need to catch up on. I'm farming requiem mods, new weapons and frames and putting forma on them, maxing out Fortuna rep and working on Deimos rep, trying to get mods added in the past couple years, and working on focus a bit more. Oh and the Ropalolyst taught me I need more than one amp because Shwaak is not what you want in that fight. Now with the event I'm adding trying to get some arcanes to the list. 

So last night when I was knocking out isolation vaults for building my necramech I was a little discouraged to find out I also need to get into railjack to build it. I'm not saying I don't want to get into railjack eventually, but I had some concerns about vertigo which are less now that someone reassured me. And I mean come on look at how much stuff I have on my plate. So I figure if I can just buy one once my Xmas cards come in and level it up for this event that at least will be one less thing I need to worry about right now. 

But that's where everyone's personal viewpoint comes in. Maybe I should be punished for taking a year off? Maybe not. To me it's a good thing because I could really use that time saver.

4 hours ago, Monstrosity87 said:

For those of us that have rep grinded and done what was necessary to get that necramech it is not right to out a pay to win aspect.

Random person: buy plat with real money then oh I go buy necramech.

That gives an unfair advantage to those who can't buy plat for real money. As well as cheapens the experience of having a necramech in the first place.

I can agree with decreasing what is required to EARN it, but to just allow people to buy it right out is wrong.

Thanks

This is so selfish man....

I think it's overdue. They're priced as much as a frame though, which feels a bit harsh. If you could use them literally everywhere then I'd say it's fair.

I got my Voidrig Nec' pretty fast, but it took a really long time to get the garbage needed for Bonewidow. I'd have gladly bought it to save myself fighting the obnoxious Necramech mobs.

1 hour ago, Gravemind93 said:

I think it's overdue. They're priced as much as a frame though, which feels a bit harsh. If you could use them literally everywhere then I'd say it's fair.

I got my Voidrig Nec' pretty fast, but it took a really long time to get the garbage needed for Bonewidow. I'd have gladly bought it to save myself fighting the obnoxious Necramech mobs.

Most of the parts you can get from the ISO Vaults after doing the optional section with Loid.

6 hours ago, Monstrosity87 said:

For those of us that have rep grinded and done what was necessary to get that necramech it is not right to out a pay to win aspect.

Random person: buy plat with real money then oh I go buy necramech.

That gives an unfair advantage to those who can't buy plat for real money. As well as cheapens the experience of having a necramech in the first place.

I can agree with decreasing what is required to EARN it, but to just allow people to buy it right out is wrong.

Thanks

They can buy the necramech, but they still need to forma it.

Along with the weapons.

I'm not surprised or mad that mechs are on the market now, but I still think 375 plat is too cheap. If you get to bypass 2 syndicate grinds and part farming then the plat value should be more than most standard frames in the market. Also i'm curious if they appear in the market for new players with no space kid. Hopefully not.

You...  You guys realize that like...  Whole warframes and weapons are on the market right?  Like Hildryn, Khora, Nidus, Harrow, and even Saryn and Equinox and several others were all way worse of a grind to me than getting a mech.  When Arcana dropped I just had literally everything I need to build Bone Widow and Morgha right from the word go.  The Scintillant were annoying for the first like month or two before DE fixed them, but credit where credit is due, Scintillant are easy to get now, so they aren't an issue anymore either. 

How are you mad that people are buying mechs from the market when people can also buy fully built frames and weapons from the market?  I've farmed every frame in the game twice, and I don't feel cheapened in the slightest by people just buying frames.  

This is that weird "muh exclusives" thing that people do where they just really want something they can lord over someone else, isn't it?  I have never understood that mentality.

When something new hits the game, i usually use plat to buy it off the players that dived in to farm said item. I look at my 50 Orcust disc, my 12 Rivens of trash players did not want, Arcanes a plenty from Eidolons and from Arbitrations, and many other areas and i say....kool beams. 

This will make it a smoother time to get myself ready for when this event hits Consoles to buy one as trudging through areas over and over is near impossible for me cuz got kids and ladies to entertain in the real as well as bugs crashing gets a bit annoying when getting things and losing them (looking at you Railjack....uck you).

Please tell me that these Mechs will have universal stats...not like Rivens or that TechWar:Global Conflict game. Buying mechs over and over to get stats you like is bullhorn.

Ah well....back to Tennobaun til update hits Xbox

Cheers 🥂

A great move, the more ways things get to be accessible to our playerbase with diverse lifestyles and levels of interest in the preceeding bit of content (I'm one of those people who really liked the content islands approach so your level of progress through one bit didn't stop you progressing through and enjoying the next bit).

I'm just not very interested in mechs, I've had a bit of fun running about going stompy stompy blasty blasty but it's rank 7 and without this event that's where it will stay. I don't enjoy doing the vaults so I'm not going to be chasing down the obscure mods with ridiculously low drop rates. (I won't chase anything below 10%).

And, if I really, really don't like it and want Lavos then I'll farm up some plat and buy him.

Completely disagree, If there's multiple paths to get something then more people will get it, use it and play the game mode.

Also, it doesn't matter how someone else gets something, it doesn't affect how you got it. Some people have more money than time, should they not be allowed to play? Some have more money than patience, should they not be allowed? Some don't like doing vaults, should they not be allowed?

The more people who can access a game mode the more customer retention you get from it.

I think whole railjacks should be available for 400 plat, in case people want them without going through the days of waiting for the building process.

I'd rather pay 375 plat for a thing rather than spend literally weeks or months farming it. It just isn't worth it.

I spent 3 straight days trying to get just 1 necramech part when deimos first dropped. I didn't get a single one.

I played/ground the release of Deimos obsessively to pick up the Voidrig, and even more so when the Bonewidow came out since it appealed to my aesthetic a dozen times more. I worked my ass off to get each of them, harder than I have worked for something in a game in a long time. But this is is such a tiny-baby take. "Waaaah, I can't join on single-digit MR players on the Plains and flex my Dreadnought anymore because everyone who can use them will have one, waaaah!" I was very glad to see them made buyable outright, because the grind to get them is a bit prohibitive in a few respects for those who can't dedicate multiple afternoons in a row to just gathering ingredients. Players like you drive away newcomers all the time with this petulant whining about how you don't feel exclusive enough and that the plebeians don't deserve to have equal access to content they can't afford to waste their lives farming for. Grow up and drop the gatekeeping attitude.

Necramechs not a problem, but, the only weapon I have for them is the original as Necramech weapon parts simply refuse to drop for me.

Sometimes, the RNG is too much.

RNG does not equate to difficulty DE, it never has and it never will do.

Archived