Necramechs are in the shop for 375 platinum , opinions

Lol this game been pay2win since forever. Waay back in 2013 at first you couldnt trade anything, then they made the mods tradable, but you still had to earn primes yourself. But then they quickly made primes tradable too, despite all the protesting.

Edited by Monolake

I played/ground the release of Deimos obsessively to pick up the Voidrig, and even more so when the Bonewidow came out since it appealed to my aesthetic a dozen times more. I worked my ass off to get each of them, harder than I have worked for something in a game in a long time. But this is is such a tiny-baby take. "Waaaah, I can't join on single-digit MR players on the Plains and flex my Dreadnought anymore because everyone who can use them will have one, waaaah!" I was very glad to see them made buyable outright, because the grind to get them is a bit prohibitive in a few respects for those who can't dedicate multiple afternoons in a row to just gathering ingredients. Players like you drive away newcomers all the time with this petulant whining about how you don't feel exclusive enough and that the plebeians don't deserve to have equal access to content they can't afford to waste their lives farming for. Grow up and drop the gatekeeping attitude.

• Like 2

Necramechs not a problem, but, the only weapon I have for them is the original as Necramech weapon parts simply refuse to drop for me.

Sometimes, the RNG is too much.

RNG does not equate to difficulty DE, it never has and it never will do.

19 hours ago, UUDDLRLRBA_START said:

Bad move. I put about 7 forma on each mech to make them workable (9 polarized slots, 3 neutral).

Buying a mech doesn't make you know the ins and outs of mech combat in a game called "Warframe".

Well this makes no sense. Farming a mech doesn’t give you that knowledge either. No matter how you get it you have to play with the thing to learn it so what are you even talking about. 

• Like 7

personally on viewing it it makes a good side option to doing the HOD stuff and allows you to grab n go with it which imo should have been on release of HOD 

de has always given a  (grind) or (buy) option for most content , and if you so wish to grind and earn it that is fair and i think a cost should reflect the actual grind de intended 

(though imo i feel much of the market needs a price overhaul and cost reduction qol )

the hod will eventually force you to grind to earn the additional faction stuff anyway but the ability to pick and choose is not a bad idea , i mean plenty of vets and even normal users when they figure the trading grofit that is our wf stone age trade system can easily gain plat to do things and spend it at their leisure 

I consider the concept of clunky mechs in a spaceninja game a bad move. Forcing me to play as one of those clunky things is also a bad move. Hiding frames behind events and then adding them to plat store is a bad move. (I'd love to know how often this operation comes back)

Mechs that can be acquired any time being in plat store is not an issue in my book.

The latest event requires you to have a Necromech to be effective. Don't have one? No problem! You can pick up one on the map..........except the loadout for that mech is garbage. Don't worry though you can just buy one of the Necromechs for 375p. Its not insidious because we put that ungeared mech on the map remember?

• Like 8

Indeed, it's not a compromise at all. Demanding the Necramech at all is a non-negotiable deal breaker. It's a scope-creep mechanic; a redundancy of the Warframe, and it doesn't have any room to exist in the game.

This event is an exercise in making it the player's problem for the developers making game-design mistakes. Unfortunately, it's also their modus-operandi. Just means I won't play it though. Fortunately, I'm not impressed by the rewards this time around, and will miss out on nothing for not playing it.

Edited by Krion112
  • Like 4

Honestly, this is just ridiculous. DE bends over backwards to make sure the game isn't pay-to-win. Getting the parts for one is a few hours' grind, nothing more. You'll spend more time waiting for the forge to finish than you will grinding the components.

• Like 7
7 minutes ago, Genitive said:

You had 4 months to get one. The event lasts until January 18, that's another month.

Thats not how this works. It doesn't matter how long you had to get one, you didn't need one before now and now you do. I shouldn't have to prepare for 90% of the content I already have to be instantly unusable as a prerequisite if I want to participate. 

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, Krion112 said:

Indeed, it's not a compromise at all. Demanding the Necramech at all is a non-negotiable deal breaker. It's a scope-creep mechanic; a redundancy of the Warframe, and it doesn't have any room to exist in the game.

This event is an exercise in making it the player's problem for the developers making game-design mistakes. Unfortunately, it's also their modus-operandi. Just means I won't play it though. Fortunately, I'm not impressed by the rewards this time around, and will miss out on nothing for not playing it.

This right here. At least with the archwing you could justify it was adding a different environment to play in. Heck even railjack I guess but someone please tell me the point of a slightly bigger warframe in a game about warframes that has its own progression and for all intents and purposes is WAY worse and less mobile unless DE forces you to use it.

• Like 2

Yup.

At least with Scarlet Spear, even though it was clearly having the same intent as this event (pushing Railjack, just like this is pushing Necramechs), at least you had Ground Assault if you didn't feel like using Railjack, didn't have a Railjack or didn't have a good Railjack. This time around, there is no such a compromise. It's just a blatant push to sell you Necramechs, their most boring system to date.

I returned to play Warframe and I will play Warframe. This event doesn't allow me such a thing, so I will not play it.

And no DE,  coercion is not how you sell your boring mechs. It's a really good way to make people hate them forever though.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, TheBrsrkr said:

Thats not how this works. It doesn't matter how long you had to get one, you didn't need one before now and now you do. I shouldn't have to prepare for 90% of the content I already have to be instantly unusable as a prerequisite if I want to participate. 

This is exactly how it works, because it worked like that in the past. We got amps – we needed them for eidolons. We got gravimag – we needed it for Profit Taker. We got necramechs – we will probably need them for something in the future. With each open world we got something new that would be required to progress through a fight or an event. It was obvious it would be the case with Deimos, too.

But even if you didn't want to or couldn't prepare, now you have a month to farm your own necramech. It is plenty of time if you don't want to spend money. If the operation was shorter then I would agree with this topic. But it is pretty long and over holidays.

• Like 4
On 2020-12-18 at 1:12 PM, DonGheddo said:

Do you consider this a good or a bad move ?

I don't see why it would be a bad move.  It gives people options.  If they want it "for free," they can grind for the parts, or grind Relics to sell for platinum to trade to other players.  (Or to just buy it.)

The only people I see it being "bad" for are the ones trying to charge 600p for a single component.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Fl_3 said:

Necramechs not a problem, but, the only weapon I have for them is the original as Necramech weapon parts simply refuse to drop for me.

Sometimes, the RNG is too much.

RNG does not equate to difficulty DE, it never has and it never will do.

The Mausalon seems to be the best of the necramech weapons anyway though.  The Cortege is... not great, and the Moghra is okay.  Just... okay.  It might do okay DPS, but it fires projectiles that have at least a bit of travel time and that arc when fired.  It's a giant grenade launcher.  It's fun for blowing up the constant flood of hall trash in the mission, but less good at actually damaging the Orphix.  Or at least that's been my experience so far.

One one side the nekramechs are easy to aquire. I built 2 and have spare parts for 4 more. Plus the parts are tradable. So getting one via plat is unnessesary. But on the other hand if you are just having badd luck its a way around it. As long as the mr requirement stays at mr 14 im ok with it. It be unfair if they let mr 5 excalinoobs run around with a nekramech. So yea powerful stuff should either be locked behind gameplay only, or a high mastery. I think its fair. (Unlike the helmith system)

1 hour ago, Genitive said:

This is exactly how it works, because it worked like that in the past. We got amps – we needed them for eidolons. We got gravimag – we needed it for Profit Taker. We got necramechs – we will probably need them for something in the future. With each open world we got something new that would be required to progress through a fight or an event. It was obvious it would be the case with Deimos, too.

But even if you didn't want to or couldn't prepare, now you have a month to farm your own necramech. It is plenty of time if you don't want to spend money. If the operation was shorter then I would agree with this topic. But it is pretty long and over holidays.

You want to do Eidolons, you can go do Eidolons or not. You don't need an amp, though it's way easier with one. They're always there if you want to farm them. Gravimag is a way for you to use the Archguns you already have with frames you already have in content you can already access. This event ignores everything you already have to get something you may not even want, as a requirement to participate. Not option, requirement. It doesn't matter if it's a month, a day or a year, the principle of forcing you to ignore all of the content you already have to use niche content you don't have to get is a bad design choice 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Kylo. said:

You had plenty of time to get yourself a Necramech, you still do.

Because sitting for hours hoping for an infinitesimal drop rate in a slog of a repetitive mission is so much fun. Some of us actually value our time. I'd love to make my own necramech, but they insist on forcing people to slog through a 💩 buggy bossfight in a boring repetitive mission that doesn't even have a guaranteed drop of one of the parts you need. 

It's clear DE either are sipping their own kool aid, or they flat out don't respect their players time. That's if Bungie locked the new destiny subclasses behind a sub-single digit drop rate, and then made an event where it was required. It's asinine

• Like 3