Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Necramechs are in the shop for 375 platinum , opinions

DonGheddo

2 hours ago, TheBrsrkr said:

Thats not how this works. It doesn't matter how long you had to get one, you didn't need one before now and now you do. I shouldn't have to prepare for 90% of the content I already have to be instantly unusable as a prerequisite if I want to participate. 

Yes, it's just pure madness to expect that existing game content might be used in future game content.

21 minutes ago, CephKaron said:

"few hours" Is this a joke? Do you really think slogging through the same janky crappy bossfight mission for a SINGLE sub-3% drop rate part for hours on end is insignificant? I'd have a more productive experience if I spent the same time yanking my pubes out one by one

Don't know what to tell you, guy. I managed to put mine together playing an hour or two a day for 3-4 days. By the time Bonewidow came out, I had enough spare parts to build her immediately. Now Equinox, THAT was a grind.

Just now, motorfirebox said:

Yes, it's just pure madness to expect that existing game content might be used in future game content.

Don't know what to tell you, guy. I managed to put mine together playing an hour or two a day for 3-4 days. By the time Bonewidow came out, I had enough spare parts to build her immediately. Now Equinox, THAT was a grind.

Equinox grind was better than this crap, the tyl regor fight you could do really quickly and it had just one step to it, and the fight itself actually worked as it should.

Both in mission design and enemy design, Tyl Regor bossfight is lightyears ahead of both the isovault mission in its entirety and especially the necramech enemies. 

Ermagherd, you need to play the game in order to play the game! The nerve!

You need to play through the archwing mission to be able to do the fomorian event, though you'd do pretty terribly with unleveled archwing stuff without being carried. You need to play through planets to easily make sure you can get to Baro when he comes. As for comparisons to Scarlet Spear and hitching a ride on a railjack if you weren't just doing ground missions, technically as long as you have full spoiler mode, you could tag along on someone else's Orphix missions and not use the mechs at all as long as you had a carry there as well. Amps will damage the Orphix, generators, and other enemies. If the carrier didn't care, you could just see about mostly staying alive while in spoiler mode.

I'm sure there would be people complaining if they didn't add the ability to buy mechs as well. 🙄

1 hour ago, TheBrsrkr said:

You want to do Eidolons, you can go do Eidolons or not. You don't need an amp, though it's way easier with one. They're always there if you want to farm them. Gravimag is a way for you to use the Archguns you already have with frames you already have in content you can already access. This event ignores everything you already have to get something you may not even want, as a requirement to participate. Not option, requirement. It doesn't matter if it's a month, a day or a year, the principle of forcing you to ignore all of the content you already have to use niche content you don't have to get is a bad design choice 

You want to do Orphix Venom, you do Orphix Venom. You don’t need a mech, though it’s way easier with one. There are mechs lying around if you don’t want to build your own.

1 hour ago, CephKaron said:

That isn't the issue, the issue is that DE are just selling you the necramech (or at worst demanding you buy it) instead of making the effort to make the iso vaults actually half decent to play through. These are the types of MTX that are insidious, it will only get worse from here. It always does.

The relevant parts of ISO vaults are fine now pretty much. Enemy mechs have been nerfed enough that they’re mildly engaging instead of unfair. Main issue is Loid now, but you can just skip him as he’s just a bonus, not a requirement.

I'm a sucker for punishment and grind my gear. War (totally from scratch, no wasting that BWar), Khora, Nidus, Ivara, Harrow, and so on. Someday I'll have the ESO vandals... eventually. That being said, who cares if someone else bought frames and weapons instead of praying to RNG like I did. More power to them. As long as someone else's enjoyment of a game doesn't directly have a negative effect on yours, then they can do whatever they want. Someone else buying something doesn't hurt you in any way. Heck it means more people are likely to be around that have a mech that's actually going to be helpful in the missions if they hadn't already been working on them or don't wait until later in the event after they've gotten and powered up their own mech from scratch.

I don't even have Ignis Wraith in my solo dojo, but I get them and give them out because exclusivity sucks. Someone who did the grind for an item might be more dedicated than someone that bought something, but that doesn't make them more special. Everyone should be able to enjoy the game either way.

FWIW I think the most straightforward solution is to disable the anti-Warframe shield when the Orphix is vulnerable. That way the Necramechs are still required (well, with Ops, "required"), but if the Mech you have is sub-par (i.e. the free one), you have a fallback in standard weaponry.

Also, regarding the comparisons to other sorts of things:

- Initial Archwing is given via mission, not syndicate / RNG grind

- Eidolons and Profit Taker aren't time-limited events, so while they have a similar grind aspect, they're not over in a month.

Not passing judgement by saying that, just pointing out that there are some apples-and-oranges comparisons creeping up.

(Though in all honesty, this is not a good way for me to turn around and like Necramechs. Have had a better time using Operators thusfar.)

On 2020-12-18 at 3:32 PM, Monstrosity87 said:

For those of us that have rep grinded and done what was necessary to get that necramech it is not right to out a pay to win aspect.

Random person: buy plat with real money then oh I go buy necramech.

That gives an unfair advantage to those who can't buy plat for real money. As well as cheapens the experience of having a necramech in the first place.

I can agree with decreasing what is required to EARN it, but to just allow people to buy it right out is wrong.

Thanks

...So, what you're saying is that DE should remove everything from the plat shop except skins. I ground out Equinox, Trinity, and a ton of other stuff. The game is PVE, so there's literally no such thing as pay to win unless you're one of those conclave psychos. Someone else having something you have does not take it away from you. It's a mech, not the food in your hands. 

On 2020-12-19 at 12:05 AM, Deminisis said:

I'm not surprised or mad that mechs are on the market now, but I still think 375 plat is too cheap. If you get to bypass 2 syndicate grinds and part farming then the plat value should be more than most standard frames in the market. Also i'm curious if they appear in the market for new players with no space kid. Hopefully not.

370 plat is $20. I think what a lot of longtime players forget is that not everyone has the time or patience to grind out plat on the market, and the plat has to come from somewhere in the first place. Baruuk is 325, and has an equally egregious grind. Factor in the idea that Necramechs have almost zero real necessity outside of this event and are really just a luxury/status item for players, and to me, $20 and some change seems fair for that. I still really don't get what their point is, as my limited time with them just reminds me of WF when it launched.

2 hours ago, Tyreaus said:

- Initial Archwing is given via mission, not syndicate / RNG grind

- Eidolons and Profit Taker aren't time-limited events, so while they have a similar grind aspect, they're not over in a month.

Fair enough on AW being a quest given item. This event is limited, but since the frame at least won't be, it's likely the 'trial' for a new mission type to be added in full time later. Even if it ends up being a recurrent event, Lavos will end up available somehow all the time.

32 minutes ago, (NSW)Electropuncher said:

370 plat is $20. I think what a lot of longtime players forget is that not everyone has the time or patience to grind out plat on the market, and the plat has to come from somewhere in the first place. Baruuk is 325, and has an equally egregious grind. Factor in the idea that Necramechs have almost zero real necessity outside of this event and are really just a luxury/status item for players, and to me, $20 and some change seems fair for that. I still really don't get what their point is, as my limited time with them just reminds me of WF when it launched.

Nova, Frost, and Rhino each cost 375 plat in the market. You can farm all three from some bosses on the starchart with little effort. Those aren't worth $20, but its the same price of a necramech. There is a obvious disparity in warframe pricing as a whole, but we should be spending more platinum for skipping days of progress for mechs than what we spend for these frames that I could farm in less than an hour.

I seriously don't understand how this is a thing that warrants multiple threads of discussion.  Warframes and weapons are also available in the market, fully built and potato'd.  How is this any different?  Pretty sure archwings are also in there, and I know the Sentinels are.  The only thing I would find odd being in the market would be a fully built railjack, but that's only because there's a whole quest about building your own from fallen ships.

And I still wouldn't care because it's not my plat getting spent on it.

You can buy your whole damn arsenal and all the forma that you put on it from the market and the only thing that matters to me is if you're straight up luggage in a mission.

Just now, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

I seriously don't understand how this is a thing that warrants multiple threads of discussion.  Warframes and weapons are also available in the market, fully built and potato'd.  How is this any different?  Pretty sure archwings are also in there, and I know the Sentinels are.  The only thing I would find odd being in the market would be a fully built railjack, but that's only because there's a whole quest about building your own from fallen ships.

And I still wouldn't care because it's not my plat getting spent on it.

You can buy your whole damn arsenal and all the forma that you put on it from the market and the only thing that matters to me is if you're straight up luggage in a mission.

EDIT:  Additionally, mechs were available for plat from day one.  These parts have always been tradeable to the best of my knowledge.  That's still buying a mech with plat.

10 hours ago, Kylo. said:

You had plenty of time to get yourself a Necramech, you still do.

And full sets of components are dang near worthless at this point. I personally have like 20 to 30 of each component from trying to get necramech mods.

Just ask someone for the missing parts and do some vault runs. The syndicate requirements are a joke.

10 hours ago, SweetAnubis said:

ur only even required to use the mech when in an active bubble.... so u can switch back and forth all u want rly so long as ur not in an active bubble

Bud that IS the mission. What you are suggesting is you can sit on the sideline in your warframe. 

This event is the equivalent to an MMO where they release a new class and then run an event for players playing that class only.

Was there time for me to grind up theyir new class? I guess....

Would it have made much more sense if you needed at least 1-2 necromechs alongside warframes? yes. In fact the necromechs could give off a counter aura.

18 hours ago, Rauvian said:

The latest event requires you to have a Necromech to be effective. Don't have one? No problem! You can pick up one on the map..........except the loadout for that mech is garbage. Don't worry though you can just buy one of the Necromechs for 375p. Its not insidious because we put that ungeared mech on the map remember?

They're at R0, so they'll need leveling and the correct mods to be affective. 

Buying one from the market, isn't a solution - by any means.

On 2020-12-18 at 4:32 PM, Monstrosity87 said:

For those of us that have rep grinded and done what was necessary to get that necramech it is not right to out a pay to win aspect.

That gives an unfair advantage to those who can't buy plat for real money. As well as cheapens the experience of having a necramech in the first place.

I can agree with decreasing what is required to EARN it, but to just allow people to buy it right out is wrong.

Thanks

The necramechs and their weapons, are an empty R0. You'll still need the necramech mods which need to be bought for rep, dropped in the IVs, or the new set that drop from this event.

All DE did was cut out the farming / building processes. 

Well, you can take it that DE likes to slap their players for playing the game. As in the history of the game, things will only get easier after sometime or months after initiate release. So now you know, you can opt not to play new content when it is release, and only to play it when it becomes easier later on.

On 2020-12-18 at 1:32 PM, Monstrosity87 said:

Thanks

Matt Richards Crying GIF by HQ Trivia

You are hilarious.

Warframes, archwings, weapons etc. are all available with plat.

Necramechs being available to purchase with platinum is not an issue, your opinion/attitude is an issue.

If you're expecting the people of the forums to agree with your whining then you are sorely mistaken.

20 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

Ermagherd, you need to play the game in order to play the game! The nerve!

You need to play through the archwing mission to be able to do the fomorian event, though you'd do pretty terribly with unleveled archwing stuff without being carried. You need to play through planets to easily make sure you can get to Baro when he comes. As for comparisons to Scarlet Spear and hitching a ride on a railjack if you weren't just doing ground missions, technically as long as you have full spoiler mode, you could tag along on someone else's Orphix missions and not use the mechs at all as long as you had a carry there as well. Amps will damage the Orphix, generators, and other enemies. If the carrier didn't care, you could just see about mostly staying alive while in spoiler mode.

I'm sure there would be people complaining if they didn't add the ability to buy mechs as well. 🙄

There's a difference between playing the game and rotting your brain in a poorly designed game mode that you gain nothing of importance for except a slim chance at getting the one crafting component you need. I'm not "too stuck up" to trade for the parts, I'm frustrated because I WANT TO play the new content to get the rewards for it, but it's currently in a sorry af state. The fact you can buy or trade for it through plat doesn't change the fact the iso vaults and necramech fights in their current state are like a crappy tech demo.

17 hours ago, (NSW)Electropuncher said:

You can pay 375 plat to puchase from the ingame store or pay 15 to get the damaged components from players or 250 for either voidrig/bonewidow complete sets from players...

If people choose to go to the ingame store that is their own business. 

It is also disingenuous to use the retail price of platinum because most players do not purchase platinum at the retail price (most wait for prime access or coupons to purchase platinum, or just trade for it with ingame goods and spend no real money).

Think it's a non-issue. The parts were always tradable by user, so people always could pay their way to own them by buying them for next to nothing in trade chat. Heck they made this even easier now since you'll be able to trade fully built parts so users that buy the sets will not have to have all rock blueprints unlocked to craft them.

Selling them in the market isn't that bad, that said it's a little scummy considering they sell they for way more than the average trade chat guy does.

Archived