Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Necramechs are in the shop for 375 platinum , opinions

DonGheddo

Well im honestly quite happy. I have all the parts and the rep but i somehow dont have enough materials for crafting one.
And since i really dont enjoy going mining etc, im seriously thinking about pulling the trigger. 
On the other side i have no actual reason, it would be just for the sake of having a Necramech. wich i dont really like, i dont like in general this thing that they force us to use very specific gear for everything, being the operators, archwing, mechs... i just want to play the new and fun things with my 7 years worth of gring gear

14 hours ago, Deminisis said:

You can say that now, but just wait till people are running voidrig guard mode and pushing millions of dmg on hydron, sedna with a protea dispenser for energy. Sure, bonewidow is bad but that exalted grenade launcher is going to be everywhere.

Considering a Frost already locks Hydron down with 4 spam, that's not really a change. Dealing a million damage against something with 4000 health is just as effective as dealing 4000 damage to something with 4000 health. But hey, props to you if you enjoy nuking Hydron.

Gerade eben schrieb (NSW)Electropuncher:

Considering a Frost already locks Hydron down with 4 spam, that's not really a change. Dealing a million damage against something with 4000 health is just as effective as dealing 4000 damage to something with 4000 health. But hey, props to you if you enjoy nuking Hydron.

yes, actually you don't need much damage in warframe. You can see that with kuva nukor, bubonico etc. 3+ status effects and everything dies in SE. or this 10h camping with mele ...
especially why so much damage? There is no good reward in long missions anyway (or is it ???). I can't even do the event to myself. 55 minutes with the same content make me yawn.

3 hours ago, Battle.Mage said:

yes, actually you don't need much damage in warframe. You can see that with kuva nukor, bubonico etc. 3+ status effects and everything dies in SE. or this 10h camping with mele ...
especially why so much damage? There is no good reward in long missions anyway (or is it ???). I can't even do the event to myself. 55 minutes with the same content make me yawn.

They are actually correct. Voidrig will be the absolute top tier meta for steel path, it has the highest DPS in the game and will trivialize that mode. (I don't wanna hear about Khoras stupid statstick whip builds. That's the highest damage not the highest DPS) You simply set up in a corner and one tap steel path enemies in surv missions.

Gerade eben schrieb Whitestrake0:

They are actually correct. Voidrig will be the absolute top tier meta for steel path, it has the highest DPS in the game and will trivialize that mode. (I don't wanna hear about Khoras stupid statstick whip builds. That's the highest damage not the highest DPS) You simply set up in a corner and one tap steel path enemies in surv missions.

yes ... will be very funny with 4x Dispensary and with loot frames behind the back. but that leads to afk macros toggle with a left mouse click. and that is what devs supposedly wanted to avoid.
will be interesting how they solve it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2020-12-18 at 4:33 PM, rushari said:

It does not take weeks. Weapons are harder but mechs parts are raining from iso vaults. Also easiest syndicate to level. Having the plat option is good though. I sometimes skip even the easiest grinds when they are not fun.

What about the son tokens. I agree that that the overall grind is actually very easy, but 40 son tokens are outrageous. I've been playing for 3 hours and only have 4 tokens plus some extra tags that can't be cashed in

15 hours ago, xxswatelitexx said:

Besides the event, exomechs have little use in the game.

So doesn't matter at all. Also you can buy any warframe at any time so why does it matter?

because '' muh speshial becawe i grindeed'', but serious, DE creates an event to stress test something, i would obvious lead to an easier way to get it

funny that when bonewidow lauched i had everything that i just went to get the bps, and as was going to be away at the weekind, i didn't felt the time it took to make it

Any resistance to a plat alternative for ANYTHING in the game, be it outright purchases or boosters that speed up the process in the “pay to progress faster” sense is being shortsighted.

These alternatives ALLOW YOU TO PLAY FOR FREE ON SOMEONE ELSE’S DIME.

If you have that much trouble with it, go invest some time in the real world and spend a few dollars.

A ”Pay-to-Win” example would be offering Customizable/modable Mechs through a Plat-only option for Operation Orphix Venom and then forcing players who don’t pay to use inferior “NPC event mechs” for the event and THEN making them farmable after the fact.

Let’s not get it twisted.

On 2020-12-18 at 9:32 PM, Monstrosity87 said:

For those of us that have rep grinded and done what was necessary to get that necramech it is not right to out a pay to win aspect.

Random person: buy plat with real money then oh I go buy necramech.

That gives an unfair advantage to those who can't buy plat for real money. As well as cheapens the experience of having a necramech in the first place.

I can agree with decreasing what is required to EARN it, but to just allow people to buy it right out is wrong.

Thanks

You still need to rank the mech through effort anyway.
Its no different from buying Hyldrin, Baruk, etc with plat.

A company who makes money from a free to play title will monetize every part of the game in order to force you to buy some platinum. In my opinion this is a normal move because they need to make money in every possible way and if someone not patient to farm then those will buy it for money. Money is tradeable but only able to trade if someone buy for real money and those are work for their money in most cases so not see this as unfair.

2 minutes ago, (NSW)IronElemental said:

Mostly agree, with you, except i'd use the term 'tempt' instead of 'force'. The easiest/most common 'plat available' powerupgrades i think are potatoes, those are still freely farmable through nightwave, sorties(theoretically, if it doesnt give primes pineapples all the time) and alerts sometimes.

DE never forced me to put money in their game, i still like to buy prime access anyway. Even far beyond 'needing' the plat for anything.

Tempt is a soft word for it because every company who uses free to play model need to make money if it is just a slight temptation then they will bankrupt so they need to make the illusion you need that platinum, that item, that warframe etc. There are stuffs which needs money anyway otherwise it's decrease your gameplay experience hard. I personally bought platinum only in my earliest days in warframe years ago since them 5-6 year no discounts for me so I stopped buying platinum. I live on a moderate amount which is enough for me for few year. 

While nowadays you can farm items which was not available back in the time still you pay with your time and they put you work for stuff what supposed to be a part of the gameplay. In this form your game turns into second, third job which is not the normal route when you wish to play a game so in the end you pay for the "convenience" to become able to play the game what you supposed to do in the beginning. 

I preffered always games which sells you a full product with an acceptable price. Warframe is an exception because the atmosphere and the gameplay is fun for few hours a day but beyond that it can be a hindrance. Other than this I would not like the free to play model becuse every created item, no matter if a game, food or other commodity is what we talking about actually have a price. If they were selling the game for a price tag maybe less players willing to buy the game yet a lot more feel okay to spend money with microtransactions which generates more money. This is all about the consumer psychology.

Seems inefficient to buy them in the first place - if you are an active player. Unless you skip Deimos entirely it's likely you get them anyways eventually. I don't mind them being purchasable for plat. It's farmable gear with an okay farm and tradable parts. I'd put them on the same gear level as K-Drives and you can buy those for plat too.

At worst it's a borderline newbie trap considering how relatively quickly they are to get if you play the content they are in. Especially if you utilize trade chat if you maybe miss a part or so. It's also way cheaper.

Also, who the f tries to show off in Necramechs? Outside of the event they have barely any use. Dafuq? I'd actually laugh if anyone tried to run infront of me in their mech "look at me!".

Come On What GIF by MOODMAN

What was the market cost for parts before they put it on sale? 20 plat for 4 parts?, an easily acquired set of syndicate shop BPs, and half a week of building? 

Why is this a subject? Frivolous complaints obscure real problems and subjects.

Did they put the three archguns on sale? That would be an improvement, those were unreasonably expensive to farm or trade for. 

On 2021-01-14 at 7:33 AM, (NSW)IronElemental said:

Just an assumption here, but i think you're confusing father tokens with son tokens?

Son tokens are a pain to collect, with the animal capture stuff, father just wants randon junk scavanged from deimos' surface.

The only thing that slowed down my required father token collection was his amount offered at any 1 time.

Yes sorry, I edited the post now to solve the confusion. Thank you

On 2021-01-19 at 2:51 AM, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

I was just joking :D

I know, so was I. 👍

On 2021-01-18 at 10:12 PM, BahamutKaiser said:

What was the market cost for parts before they put it on sale? 20 plat for 4 parts?, an easily acquired set of syndicate shop BPs, and half a week of building? 

Why is this a subject? Frivolous complaints obscure real problems and subjects.

Did they put the three archguns on sale? That would be an improvement, those were unreasonably expensive to farm or trade for. 

Honestly, it was far less of a grind than I expected. I started basically on Xmas and got it done by New Years Day. I suspect the reason there are so many complaints is because 1) people want to complain, and 2) because they hate the fact that they no longer would have to do something they didn't enjoy. To paraphrase a famous politician, "Saying you had it tough is not an argument for why it should be tough for others." And no, seems the new guns are syndicate only, at least for now.

On 2021-01-19 at 6:09 AM, (PSN)Deeceem said:

Seems inefficient to buy them in the first place - if you are an active player. Unless you skip Deimos entirely it's likely you get them anyways eventually.

Yes, i skipped it. I'm completely fine with not having a necramech, or i would be until DE makes the next quest enforce having one to progress. It has happened before. Also ostron and solaris. As long as necramechs aren't required for going forward, then i don't care, since the "open world" is BS. So, one hopes the people who decide things at DE aren't morons. I know, a dim hope, and i sure as hell won't support DE by buying anything regardless.

Archived