Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orphix Venom: Hotfix 29.6.1

[DE]Rebecca

vor 8 Stunden schrieb o0Despair0o:

A sca- dude what.

That's not how scams work. Unless the definition of scam was changed in the past 10 minutes for some reason.

Calling something endurance that has a CLEAR cap is SCA( *A scam is a deceptive scheme or trick used to cheat someone out of something, especially money.*) tricking us into thinking its endurance,a  competitive event,while it has clearly a cap which you can even reach in about an hour,

9 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Fixes:

• Fixed several crashes related to Operation: Orphix Venom. 
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when switching between Operator and Necramech after firing any type of Glaive. 
  • Fixed a crash when trading with certain Weapon and Mod combinations.
  • Fixed multiple Lavos’ overriding selected elements when imbuing. 
  • Fixed an issue where a given Necramech’s Exalted Weapon would not properly update when in the Arsenal. 
  • Fixed two players being able to occupy the same Necramech in Operation: Orphix Venom. 
  • Fixed a crash related to Lavos’ passive.
  • Fixed a crash related to Arson Eximus units. 
  • Fixed a crash associated with Equinox abilities on Orphix Venom. 
  • Fixed some missing localization items for Update Notes.
  • Fixed an issue where Orphix would not be destroyed even if their health was at 0. 
  • Fixed various Script Errors and crashes. 
  • Fixed an issue where some accounts got bonus duplicate Mausolons. Feel free to sell or use these if you were one of these players! 
  • Fixed a crash associated with Explosive Legerdemain being used when not fully ranked. 
  • Fixes towards Host Migration not working with Isolation Vault Stage 1. 
  • Fixed an issue where the Dioramas when catching Lobotriscid or Falgellocanth are swapped.
  • Fixed erroneous Antenna in Nora’s Nightwave landing craft. 

Full Update Notes: 

I don't have footage, but I ran into a bug. I can't hover in the air with my Voidrig Nechramech with holding down space. Only when I'm aiming. But in the open-world, I can hover no problem.

9 hours ago, Voltage said:

Thanks for the hotfix.

This event is very poorly designed. Having a mission where 99% of your account, gear, play time, or progression doesn't matter is extremely frustrating. Disabling the title of this game that has been built for 7 years for an Operation removes all sense of optimization or enjoyment within the mission. Scarlet Spear had many issues, but atleast your gear mattered. Right now, it's just Fluctus on Voidrig. Anything else is not a great time. Sure, you can use Protea's Dispenser to get Necramech energy, but that is an exception to the major handicap this mission puts on the player.

I signed up for Warframe, and the Warframe really does not matter in this Operation. That makes it unfun. I didn't get Mastery Rank 30 or Forma up every item in the game to use 2 arsenal items out of 600+.

Capping an endless mission isn't endurance by the way. Unless the word endurance is describing doing this for 30 days.

And I will just add that the reason this Operation is vacant of major bugs is because almost none of the arsenal can be used for the majority of the mission.

If all you're focused on is your current content, then you missed the point of why this event exists in the first place: to test necramechs in non-landscape maps and focusing on bugs related to necremech arsenals

Although you are right on the "endurance" mission not being true endurance

Hopefully you guys will not be so absorbed with some of the most vocal naysayers here since you do have players who just sit quietly, appreciate your efforts and totally understand the point and the plot you are trying to introduce with Necramechs in this event.

Thank you for the quick hotfixes, it is definitely not a polished test release but I already enjoy it way better than Scarlet Spear. I also greatly appreciate the token system with Father, nice one!

Thanks for the hotfix.

This event is very poorly designed. Having a mission where 99% of your account, gear, play time, or progression doesn't matter is extremely frustrating. Disabling the title of this game that has been built for 7 years for an Operation removes all sense of optimization or enjoyment within the mission. Scarlet Spear had many issues, but atleast your gear mattered. Right now, it's just Fluctus on Voidrig. Anything else is not a great time. Sure, you can use Protea's Dispenser to get Necramech energy, but that is an exception to the major handicap this mission puts on the player.

I signed up for Warframe, and the Warframe really does not matter in this Operation. That makes it unfun. I didn't get Mastery Rank 30 or Forma up every item in the game to use 2 arsenal items out of 600+.

Capping an endless mission isn't endurance by the way. Unless the word endurance is describing doing this for 30 days.

And I will just add that the reason this Operation is vacant of major bugs is because almost none of the arsenal can be used for the majority of the mission.

THIS. Me and my friends never liked Necramechs because they are very slow, clunky and akward to use compared to Warframes. Its like the opposite of Warframe and what the game stands for (=space ninjas).

I dont like being forced to use these things, especially in an event like this with very good rewards you cant pass on...

I wish in the future they would at least give us an option to use warframes for events like this.

En 19/12/2020 a las 0:49, [DE]Rebecca dijo:

Fixes:

• Fixed several crashes related to Operation: Orphix Venom. 
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when switching between Operator and Necramech after firing any type of Glaive. 
  • Fixed a crash when trading with certain Weapon and Mod combinations.
  • Fixed multiple Lavos’ overriding selected elements when imbuing. 
  • Fixed an issue where a given Necramech’s Exalted Weapon would not properly update when in the Arsenal. 
  • Fixed two players being able to occupy the same Necramech in Operation: Orphix Venom. 
  • Fixed a crash related to Lavos’ passive.
  • Fixed a crash related to Arson Eximus units. 
  • Fixed a crash associated with Equinox abilities on Orphix Venom. 
  • Fixed some missing localization items for Update Notes.
  • Fixed an issue where Orphix would not be destroyed even if their health was at 0. 
  • Fixed various Script Errors and crashes. 
  • Fixed an issue where some accounts got bonus duplicate Mausolons. Feel free to sell or use these if you were one of these players! 
  • Fixed a crash associated with Explosive Legerdemain being used when not fully ranked. 
  • Fixes towards Host Migration not working with Isolation Vault Stage 1. 
  • Fixed an issue where the Dioramas when catching Lobotriscid or Falgellocanth are swapped.
  • Fixed erroneous Antenna in Nora’s Nightwave landing craft. 

Full Update Notes: 

I won't be so negative about you guys forcing us to use the mech instead of our wfs like others are, but i will say this:

Limiting the gear so much will inevitably lead to boredom.

The rewards are pateticaly low, for example : to get the new frame it needs 6k cells(or what ever you guys called them) to get that amount you need to get 60k points in total (the cells are given by a factor of [points earned]/10 ) every orphix sorta gives in the 150 ish mark points -> 60k/150 = 400 kils  at a generous 3 mins per kil (if not bugged , if not stuck in ups i'll spawn npcs , if not in i'll way a bit for you to get annoyed ) gets us about 1200mins or 20 hours.  At a generous 4h relic hunt per day in 5 days we would have round about 1-2k plat.... that's a lot of Larvos right there, just saying ...

The kicker is that some times the frame parts will drop in the mission ... so if you buy the parts as soon as you get the points... well the game directly says f you to the player ....

En 19/12/2020 a las 0:49, Voltage dijo:

Thanks for the hotfix.

Taylor made experience , next gen, better graphics  , cyber city like you never seen it before ups sorry the last one wasn't for this forum

This event is 0 fun 0 effort let's trow in something so the "26 million registered losers" (history forgets, the internet doesn't, right @[DE]Rebecca ?) won't fly to cyberpunk(the pc ones at least xD)  or any other game.

Thanks for the hotfix.

I can see your point, however this is a new dimension where the frame doesn't matter. Roll with it for a while buddy, they are trying to open up new areas of play :)

one does play more lucrative by playing syndikat missions all the time, selling syndikat stuff and buying arcanes and all the rewards later on .... that is a wild guess but do the math, I bet on it... It would be a somewhat astonishing thing, if
ALL THE TENNOS just WOULD NOT PLAY THAT EVENT at all,
because it is somewhat "almost stupid" to play it (!)

Scarlet Spear* was more lucrative per hour played. DO play fissures, sell parts, buy arcanes from other players that already hav'em , and "evade" being forced to play with only your necramech ;) xD

*do you guys remember that after the event the counter was set on 365 days? Scarlet Spear will return next year at around same time I guess :P

I personally really enjoy the event. Sure, the Warframes aren't really used quite as much as other operations, but it's a change of pace, at least admit it people. The difficulty is quite balanced in this mode, the enemies make it special, playing with others as a mech is so much fun and it really feels like a new way to play. I really hope you'll soon be able to use your necramech in all missions.

Unfortunately, there are problems in this operation, like the amount of bugs that we encounter, or the general lack of interactions between Warframes and Necramechs. I'd like to see some Warframes able to buff them, heal them or even give them energy back. Another problem is the fact that the rewards at the end of 30 minutes of an Endurance run is quite disheartening. I mean, you just did 30 minutes with a good team, got about 20 Orphix and you only get about 800 or 900 event tokens. It really could use a boost, even a minor one like 25% or 50% more.

Otherwise, thank you DE for this operation, i am having fun with it, even if some people don't enjoy it quite as much.

The event in itself feels pretty good imo and stomping around regular tilesets in the mechs is fun, but the economy just seems to be highly screwed and needs some adjustments. In that aspect it feels like early Scarlet Spear all over again. Random drops during the runs are a step in the right direction though!

Hi DE. Really loving the event. Its fun and challenging when things go smoothly. I also appreciate the fact that we have dual ways to obtain the blueprints as opposed to only needing Phasic Cells. There are however a few issues: 

1) The markers on the Grineer tilesets , especially the Gallion, need to be more accurate. Countless times I've been sent in one direction only for the marker to move in the opposite direction effectively ending the match because the timer has reached 100%. Another solution could be to freeze the timers until the player reaches the designated area as in the case of bounties. In the case of two orphixes, killing one could cause the timer to freeze until you reach the zone. Just some thoughts.

2) Higher priority needs to be given to the player Necramech than the rental Necramech when transferring into it. I've stood directly next to my Mech only to be transferred into the rental which has an extremely long animation effectively ending the match if you're pushing time. The rental mechs are so underpowered that I would prefer not to have any around in the first place. I would rather head to extraction and start again if my mech was destoyed. I'm playing solo btw.

3) Relics are really diluting the drop tables. The drop rates for the blueprints are already low as it is without throwing relics into the mix. 

4) Could you please allow players to trade extra blueprints from the event back to Father in return for Phasic Cells. I just spent a few thousand Cells on Lavos parts only for them to drop after a few more runs. That makes me hesitant to buy anything until the last day of the event which I don't think is ideal. 

Thats my two cents on the event so far. Hoping to see the issues ironed out because this is a nice change of pace. Also loving the new Necramech skin. It looks awesome. 

4 hours ago, Colyeses said:

To clarify what's wrong with this sentiment: game design should not be oriented towards making the acquisition of new content as painful and dull as possible in order to boost sales. 

If people buy Lavos to skip the operation, DE is, from a business point of view, encouraged to make events worse and worse.

The problem is that its your opinion. In my opinion the event is awesome and i cant wait for necramechs to be it the game full time.

Il y a 4 heures, Colyeses a dit :

To clarify what's wrong with this sentiment: game design should not be oriented towards making the acquisition of new content as painful and dull as possible in order to boost sales. 

If people buy Lavos to skip the operation, DE is, from a business point of view, encouraged to make events worse and worse.

This is exactly why i haven't brought (and probably never will buy) the Korrudo.

Maaan, this playerbase. Soo many years and they never learn. Play this event now or wait for further fixes if you don't like it. No one is forcing anything on anyone. This game is by FAR the most vast content wise game you will probably find anywhere. Yes, the event could be grindy but maybe they will address this next week. It is not like this one will be only a week duration or anything. As many pointed out this is testing ground for the Necramechs on normal missions. Most of you asked for it and now most just whine about it when it is in testing. Also some things from the event table drop in the event itself. On my first ever run on the tier 1 I got the Lavos BP. That's 1500 event points less to spend. I presume a lot more rewards are included in the drop tables.

As usual some people will take the grind to the extreme. Don't expect DE to just make your time in it a "worth it" from day one. Imagine if it wasn't that grindy at first by the time they manage to fix things we will have people with probably tens if not hundreds of thousands of event currency by Monday... 

As usual the Endurance is not a real endurance unlimited run. But just as usual these become a cheese/bug abuse fest after some point. At least DE learned that from past events and are providing a CAP since then. Maybe they can raise the CAP a little bit for the elitist community but this is something that will be probably addressed next week. We were and always be the best testing ground for everything new to the game. And as usual we will find the best combos, cheese tactics and abuse mechanics to get maximum results for less than supposed effort. Don't flame DE for being a safe switch in such situations. 

What I would do to improve Operation: Orphix Venom:

Score & Phasic Cells:

• As many others have commented, even Operation: Scarlet Spear was more worthwhile than Operation: Orphix Venom. We should be receiving at the very least double the amount of Phasic Cells than we are right now.
  • Killing other Sentient enemies besides the Orphix should also reward a little bit of score per kill. The amount of score awarded per kill should scale with difficulty (Normal, Advanced and Endurance modes should each award more than the previous).

Grineer/Corpus & Sentients:

• We are busy trying to survive against the Sentients, right? Not the Grineer. Some Sentients should naturally spawn scattered throughout the level, attacking Grineer and Tenno alike, and less Grineer should spawn in general.
  • And the Grineer are also trying to survive against the Sentients, right? They should either be our allies or Sentient enemies should have a much higher threat level than us (thus making the Grineer much more likely to actually fight the Sentients instead of us).
  • Either make enemies spawned by an Orphix linger for a short while after the Orphix is defeated or make them not despawn in the first place.

Better Difficulties:

• "Endurance" mode should last and scale endlessly. There should be no limit to how many Orphixes you can defeat in Endurance mode.
    • If for whatever reason you guys still decide on not making Endurance mode endless, at least raise its Orphix cap to 48.
  • "Advanced" mode's Orphix limit should get raised to 36 Orphixes per mission. Even Advanced mode is way too short.

Mission Flow:

• Currently the Orphixes seem to spawn on a timer, not taking into account how quickly you are killing the Orphixes. I say that if you kill an Orphix, and there are no other Orphixes currently alive, then the spawn timer for the the next Orphix should be shortened.

Better Necramech Experience:

• When a Sentient Symbilyst dies it drops a "Sentient core" on the ground. When picked up by a warframe or another Sentient it will fully restore their Health, Shields and Energy. But there's a problem: Necramechs cannot interact with these "Sentient cores" in any way. I say Necramechs should be able to pick these up to restore their health, shields and energy. Even if these "Sentient cores" only restored half of a Necramech's health, shields and energy it would already be much better than not being able to pick them up at all.
  • And lastly, I ask that you also take a look at the following discussion I opened up yesterday, containing more suggestions I have for improving Necramechs:

12 hours ago, Fogg said:

I also had this happen when equipped as a Necramech weapon, I did not test this in archwing combat.

I had this happen not only with PRisma dual decurion but also Fluctus. both got to either max rank or 27 in game (and in the rewards screen) but once I got into my orbiter immediately back to 0.

Archived