Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orphix Venom: Hotfix 29.6.1

[DE]Rebecca

this event sucks even more than Scarlet Spear and feels like it was only made to justify the existence of Necramechs. which i don't even have because the grind to get those isn't fun either and the vacant fallen Necramechs in the Operation are complete trash

can you buff stamina on the mechs, i want to get to location without running out of juice. if there are mods to make it better, its not clear and stamina is not a viewable stat, its a kind of important stat.  add stamina boost to the vitality mod, as a catch all. add like 20%~50%. 

can you make the orphrix explode and drops hp

the section in the grineer tile with the solar system hologram, the doorway with railing, you get stuck on the lip on the opening (if you jump) and you can clip the wall running around the side.

So...another day.  Let's review why my opinion is continuing to decrease.

Each kill in the mission is 200 points.  Points seem to award phasic cells on a ratio of 10 points to 1 cell.  This means  you tack on an extra zero to each number to figure out the actual kill counts.  Let's do so.

800*21=16800 cells for a single full arcane.  This represents 168000 points...or 840 kills.  Sweet jebus!

1500 cells, or 15000 points for a Lavos blue print.  

4500 cells, or 45000 point, or 225 kills for one whole Lavos.  

Same 4500 cells for a full weapon.

I want you to understand, this is not fun.  It is not challenging.  It is Scarlet Spear levels of face melting grind, and it ABSOLUTELY BLOWS.  You cannot even use it to grind levels on your equipment, because of the buggy spaghetti of code that you insist is fixed time and again despite it never seeming to be fixed.

So, you've gotten past the mission grind....how about that affinity?  First time I experienced it, but the loss of affinity is still happening.  Morgha from 0 to 15...then 0...then to 5...and at mission end no affinity period.  Bonewidow from 32 to 34, but none of that either.  Yay.

This is obviously going to need a rebalance....but that's apparently the business of the interns.  They'll be there in the last two weeks of the year to salvage another failure...BECAUSE SCARLET SPEAR APPARENTLY TAUGHT US NOTHING.

You'll note intentional capslock, and bolding.  It's frustration, because every time I offer you positivity it bites me in the @**.  I wanted to post about how it's been a few days, and the corpus ships reworked from Deadlock Protocol seem to no longer be spawning things outside the walls.  I wanted that...and then I did a void mission and a syndicate medallion spawned in one of the challenge rooms behind a wall that didn't unlock.  It's never anything just right with you guys, it's always an asterix.

Just once.  I want just one operation not to suck.  I don't mean that I don't like the content, but that things suck because they're buggy messes.  This entire year has been a never ending cascade of crap.  It's good to know that DE is at least consistent in setting the bar on the floor, that way I know it's only a matter of time before I find absolutely game breaking glitches.  You see, this is why I never give you unqualified praise.  It's an invitation to be wrong in mere moments.

23 hours ago, I.V.A.R.A said:

Alrighty.

So, as always with every single thing you release without fail, the time vs reward isn't worth it. Maybe if you didn't have to track 500m+ at times after waiting far too long for it to tell you to go there to begin with instead of them just spawning right away. I get it's a delicate balance, but can't we ever just have good rewards in a decent amount of time? I feel like you say "it keeps people playing" without realizing how many people would actually be playing opposed to looking at it and saying "3 hours for one arcane... nah...".

As for Lavos, he is cool and unique for sure. Aside from random Lavos in your group all changing each other's mixtures for some reason (really hope this is a bug), and aside from cooldowns he feels good. I see that you wanted to put some kind of limit since there isn't energy, but every other frame has ways to bypass not being able to cast. It feels really bad at times, and his 3 kind of sucks. At base it's 1.0s for every enemy it shocks... at 175% efficiency (on the first frame in too long that doesn't want some of everything) it's 1.75s. This is a Harrow problem all over again, or Nidus, because we have to depend on team mates not wiping every enemy. And there's no do-overs on the cast so you can't even say "oh well" you're just screwed on getting a tiny boost on cooldown. He needs much less of a detriment. Any other frame, with far stronger powers, can cast constantly with energy pizzas. Lavos doesn't. 

23 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

Revert or replace the line of sight added to Khora's Whipclaw in U29.5.0.

giphy.gif

It constantly reports false negatives when nothing is visibly blocking line of sight, and makes using Khora's primary, central ability spotty and frustrating.

giphy.gif

This has been broken for now 10 hotfixes and a minor release. Intentionally introducing bugs that harm the usability of a frame is not the right way to address balance problems.

The line of sight also breaks in some circumstances when it interacts with Strangledome.

Replace it with something else - anything else - so I can hit the things I'm aiming at and know I should hit. The "simple" LoS constantly fails, a simple damage falloff would not.

Edit: Now normally I'd also say "this also affects Ember's Fireball and primary Tombfinger Kitguns in the same way".

But here's the fun part!

THE LINE OF SIGHT CHECK ALSO NEGATIVELY AFFECTS BONEWIDOW'S BRAND NEW HEAVY ATTACK!

So you can charge up your big new heavy attack, land it right next to an enemy, and have it do nothing! Quit it with the LoS on projectiles, it does not work right!

23 hours ago, Killa_Byte said:

larvos probe goes no where when launched

23 hours ago, Cradicias said:

Prisma Dual Decurion is not retaining the XP it earns in mission. Keeps resetting to unranked upon returning to Orbiter.

23 hours ago, Duality52 said:

Please revert the healing "fixes" that prevented any form of reliable healing on friendly Necramechs. Voidrig does not have a single option of healing (not mentioning two of them at them moment).

The Sentient's status immunity highlights their awful artificial difficulty. Even if you are stripping their resistances, the bulk of it comes from the armor and status immunity. Please give them the Kuva Lich treatment like Kuva Guardians and hostile Necramechs.

Finally, allow friendly AI Necramechs to spawn in to help us in the fight. It's so monotone to see the Corpus/Grineer decide to shoot at us over the Sentients.

EDIT: Please also allow the Sentient energy cores to restore the Health, Shields, and Energy of your Necramechs too.

23 hours ago, dataskin said:

Necramechs are garbage, please allow everyone to play this event (or/and any other, future events/bounties/etc) with regular warframes.

I've never got one and while playing this event - I'm 100% sure that I never will. The gameplay is just slow and boring, moving from point A to B on the other side of the map is a huge pain. This isn't fun at all.

To be precise: Event is fine, necramechs in this game are total garbage. Slow, painful to play with, monotone.
Even archwing missions are more fun that this necramech trash, and they were at the complete bottom of what I consider enjoyable, when it comes to this game.

Up to this point necramechs didn't bother me, because I haven't felt like they're mandatory in order to get into any part of the game.
But they do now, since I'm forced to use them in order to have a chance to enjoy this event (and the rewards that come with it) at all.

23 hours ago, Ardhanarishvara said:

It is currently possible for the Orphix's linkedydoodledronerinos to spawn inside some of Jupiter's SECRET ROOMS. The ones that require a whole process to open. This presents an issue for many runs.

Alright these are just few of the major issues going on or STILL GOING ON. One thing I gotta point out is the loss of affinity. Bonewidow and Voidrig had major affinity loss issues and now Prisma Decurions cant retain a single point of affinity. This bug has to go not in 4 months (DE's usual fix time for something), not in 2 months, now. I cannot imagine what it will be like at the end of all this. So much lost affinity over 3 items to the point where releveling is simply not going to cross anyone's mind. I speak for my self from a selfish prospective; I do not want to spend time leveling anymore than I have to. Although the game revolves around releveling, I cannot stand leveling sometimes since it is something I do over and over and I help people with again and again just to make sure they don't live that horror for as long as I do. That being said, I would like DE to give me all the lost affinity back. I would like this done for the other people as well who lost affinity. It isn't okay and for those who do not have the free time to spend many hours on warframe, it just feels garbage to do lose affinity. 

As for this event, its basically Scarlet Spear, in a claustrophobic mess. The reasons why I like this event, I dont have to be part of the rando pub group doing Eidolons for arcanes and I get to wipe out grineer with a mech. Downside, if you are in a group with 2 or more rent a mechs, prepare to carry your entire team. People who do not have personal mechs will suffer. My friend literally said he just didnt care to go beyond round 6 because it was too obnoxious in a rent a mech. He gets his Voidrig in 4 days but still it is a night and day difference. I played a round on a voidrig that was on the floor only to find out it took 6 shots from the 4th ability to take or a corpus. 6 shots... that isn't okay. They are mechs without mods. And for those who want the rewards, I hate to break it to you but the rewards outside of mech stuff are extremely hard to get with a rent a mech. Ceti Lacera was nerfed with whips and Basmu needs a damage buff because the only balanced thing about it was the fact that before its patch its life steal could actually kill. Prepare to be not amazed by its extremely low damage because it does not do any damage. Arcanes are fine. I am just glad theorem arcanes are not polluting this loot pool. 

In terms of the other bugs like Khora and stuff, I feel so bad for those who were avid Khora fans. Khora needs that fix NOW. Cephalon Cy likes to say he wants you in X place yesterday, well Khora needs that fix more than just yesterday, weeks ago. The change was at best pretty stupid and didnt make sense. Call me a hater all you like but fun police-ing a game that has no PvP (I am talking actual PvP not this crap that conclave is) there is no need to super hard balancing. You have cooldowns on Bonewidows shield? Why, that is a stupid change. I spend more time with cooldowns on her shield than actually having the shield deployed and if you tell me just put transient fortitude, I'd say stop watering down necramech mods and archwing mods. Who the heck things Furor is a good mod please raise your hand. Now if you did raise your hand please leave the room since your opinion of that mod is trash. Regular melee mods: Berserk 75% attack speed increase at max, Fury 30%, primed Fury 55%, and there is so many more. Furor is a 10% increase to melee attack speed. That means you are better off using Necramech Fury and if you need that slot for something else too bad because DE decides giving watered down versions of mods for vehicles is "Balance". DE does not know how to balance their game or understand where to apply balance. I could not tell you for sure where balance should be. I dont design games nor do I think I should have that power. What I do know is that I do not think these decisions are at all helpful and from what ive seen from people responding to patch notes and hearing people's complaints in game is that people are not happy with these watered down vehicle mods. If you are going to give us a mod, give us the real thing. Necramech Rage15% of damage done to health turns into energy. Regular Rage gives 40% with the combo mod giving 45%. So not only do we have to put 2x the forma into a necramech, we have to put 5x the time to level, 2x the forma or more, and lose 300% of our braincells trying to come out with anything plausable of an answer to this "BALANCING". Bonewidow is bad, Rent a mechs make me hurt, the loss of affinity is painful, and on and on. The good stuff I cannot bother to applaud for because people already give enough applause for DE but I cannot be payed to be optimistic or content. I am doing this event to get arcanes for my friends. Thats it. After that I will go back to my hiatus till DE actually fulfills what they said they would do which if you are curious there is a page on the wiki and u can go back to earlier dev streams about railjack, story and all that stuff. 

Last thing I want to say, there has not been a single step in story progression for 1.5 years. Take that with a salt shaker.

3 hours ago, ShakaZulu.PW said:

So, sat in arsenal, equipped my Voidrig (Rank 38), put a forma, back to Rank 0, go to the event, went until wave 36, Voidrig now RANK 38! Yes maxed, but not Rank 40, wtf DE fix your bullS#&$, wasting time, ate my forma. Nothing is ever ready, mechs have problems still after countless (fixes) towards affinity, ranking, whatever. Bunch of liars, straight up!

3 hours ago, Murathas said:

THAT SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME..... WASTE OF FORMAS....

3 hours ago, ShakaZulu.PW said:

Biz as usual right???? Kinda reminds me of a certain game that just came out, game with some numbers in it, 7 0 2 7, something like that. They suck at their game, so whats the diff, they'll make their money anyways!

If you stayed in the mission longer than you should have, that's your fault - not DE. 

Next time, hit the letter "P" to check your ranks. That way, you won't look like a trolling fool.

5 hours ago, Talon_Gaming said:

Tenno:   Uh... ok... We’ve got Storm Shroud.  I suppose we can use Energy Siphon and Squad Restores to keep our energy up, and use Shroud to last longer.

Good news! Helminth offers Dispensary... I put it on Excalibur Umbra and tested it out. I think it helped the team. What a cool thing to provide the team!

But...

Tenno:   Uh... ok... We've got Excalibur Umbra's passive. He can help CC the area of residual enemies and sentients right?

DE:  Nope. Your Excalibur Umbra will kneel at the boundary of the area where the Orphix lands. He will not be able to use his passive as he will be kneeling and lifeless.

Moral of the story is that you can put Dispensary on any frame you want... Because frames don't do anything in this event... even if they're designed to operate while you're busy as Operator.

Thank you for the hot fix. Think the operation is okay, not super fussed.

Just a heads up, I forma’d some gear (Necramech and Mausolon) so that I could rank it up whilst playing the operation. This works fine for the mech, but about half of the time, the arch gun I am using with my Necramech gains no affinity at all, and doesn’t show up in the TAB screen showing where affinity goes. Please look into, thanks.

Alright, it's been a couple days.. the community has spoken. The update is phlacid, uninvolving, and not worth it. I'll elaborate in short bullets.

-The rewards vs the time spent in game are TRASH AND UNFAIR.

-The limitations you are putting on the gameplay for the event is terrible and causes the missions to feel samey and lack luster.

-The rewards themselves are questionable at best, most of them recycled.

If either the prices of the rewards in cells went down, or the rate at which you gain the cells were even just increased, I feel like the event would at least feel worth it, but in its current state Im uninterested. All this is coming from somebody who's watched this game mature into what it is today from back during Update 7, and playing some of the earlier events which seemingly have just gotten stale since a few updates ago. Please address some of this..

I'm a huge fan of the necramechs being added to the game, but DE really should have made them an optional part of this operation and allowed people to still contribute with their warframes in some way or in a separate mission like the Scarlet Spear earth and space missions did back when not everyone had their Railjacks up to snuff yet.

Also is the neacramech skin for the body not being part of the rewards intentional?

7 hours ago, staranow said:

Yo DE, you do know that your shiny new weapon Prisma Dual Decurions affinity gain is totally busted right? Leveled it to level 30 twice now and yet somehow its level 6 lol.

PSA: To all tenno don't bother leveling it until its fixed!

I ranked mine from 0-30 (I'm host) so it's only effecting certain players, my squad/clan mates also have no problem ranking up gear as clients. So it's gotta really suck for those that get the bug, I feel your frustrations.

6 hours ago, -Vitesse- said:

ib4 fluctus nerf

You're a bit late it had a nerf a little while back, it's not the gun it use to be. ;)

On 2020-12-18 at 6:49 PM, Voltage said:

Thanks for the hotfix.

This event is very poorly designed. Having a mission where 99% of your account, gear, play time, or progression doesn't matter is extremely frustrating. Disabling the title of this game that has been built for 7 years for an Operation removes all sense of optimization or enjoyment within the mission. Scarlet Spear had many issues, but atleast your gear mattered. Right now, it's just Fluctus on Voidrig. Anything else is not a great time. Sure, you can use Protea's Dispenser to get Necramech energy, but that is an exception to the major handicap this mission puts on the player.

I signed up for Warframe, and the Warframe really does not matter in this Operation. That makes it unfun. I didn't get Mastery Rank 30 or Forma up every item in the game to use 2 arsenal items out of 600+.

Capping an endless mission isn't endurance by the way. Unless the word endurance is describing doing this for 30 days.

And I will just add that the reason this Operation is vacant of major bugs is because almost none of the arsenal can be used for the majority of the mission.

Dude just take a break. The new event is a bit buggy, but a ton of fun if you have a halfway decent archgun. Also, you don't even need to do this event. 99.99% of the game still allows for you to use a warframe, including half of the operation that you're complaining about.

You used to have fairly respectable complaints, advice, and praises but over the past few months you've slowly transitioned to partially factual rants. If you take a break for a few months and try some other things, I bet you'll enjoy warframe significantly more than you do now.

2 hours ago, RedSon95 said:

Thank you for the hot fix. Think the operation is okay, not super fussed.

Just a heads up, I forma’d some gear (Necramech and Mausolon) so that I could rank it up whilst playing the operation. This works fine for the mech, but about half of the time, the arch gun I am using with my Necramech gains no affinity at all, and doesn’t show up in the TAB screen showing where affinity goes. Please look into, thanks.

Yeah mech-based archgun affinity gain have been bugged in 29.6.1. There wasn't a problem in 29.6.0 though.

Also, my arch gun would continually level up in mission (I would get notifications constantly) but it would go away after I left the mech. And I ran into a bug at one point where once I entered my mech, I wasn't allowed to use transferance or abilities. Basically, I was tapped in my mech til it died, then I could use my frame and operator again. Issue arose again upon recasting my mech.

Has anyone run into a bug where you can't exit your mech via operator or warframe, or use any abilities until your mech dies and then your warframe dies?

If anyone has any insight into fixing this problem, please do tell! I've had to kill my mech and warframe 4-5 times already to fix this bug.

P.s. Please less relics. I like this event just fine, but omg, so many relics. I'd be more ok with the table diluted with something else.

On 2020-12-18 at 6:50 PM, PublikDomain said:

Revert or replace the line of sight added to Khora's Whipclaw in U29.5.0.

giphy.gif

It constantly reports false negatives when nothing is visibly blocking line of sight, and makes using Khora's primary, central ability spotty and frustrating.

giphy.gif

This has been broken for now 10 hotfixes and a minor release. Intentionally introducing bugs that harm the usability of a frame is not the right way to address balance problems.

The line of sight also breaks in some circumstances when it interacts with Strangledome.

Replace it with something else - anything else - so I can hit the things I'm aiming at and know I should hit. The "simple" LoS constantly fails, a simple damage falloff would not.

Edit: Now normally I'd also say "this also affects Ember's Fireball and primary Tombfinger Kitguns in the same way".

But here's the fun part!

THE LINE OF SIGHT CHECK ALSO NEGATIVELY AFFECTS BONEWIDOW'S BRAND NEW HEAVY ATTACK!

giphy.gif

So you can charge up your big new heavy attack, land it right next to an enemy, and have it do nothing! Quit it with the LoS on projectiles, it does not work right!

As a Khora main, plz stop. If you actually went and played khora you'd see that there isn't an issue, and if you have an issue litereally all you need to do is press 2. I have played ~30 hours of khora since the update and have had no issues using whipclaw.

14 minutes ago, _Tormex_ said:

As a Khora main, plz stop. If you actually went and played khora you'd see that there isn't an issue, and if you have an issue litereally all you need to do is press 2. I have played ~30 hours of khora since the update and have had no issues using whipclaw.

Actually went and played Khora? Bro I have 880k+ kills with her, I think I know the frame.

The LoS added to Whipclaw is a giant pain in the ass, and it remains a giant pain in the ass.

16 minutes ago, _Tormex_ said:

There's included gifs in the post showing the whipclaw not working when it should. If you're not having issues with it, that's great - but people have noticed some inconsistencies. I similarly don't think that "just use your two" is a solution for *the reason you play Khora* not functioning properly. As far as I know, this change was done because of the Steel Essence Khora farm, but that's already been changed, so there's no reason to keep the LoS check the way it is, especially if people are noticing issues with it. 

1 minute ago, Zenithrium said:

There's included gifs in the post showing the whipclaw not working when it should. If you're not having issues with it, that's great - but people have noticed some inconsistencies. I similarly don't think that "just use your two" is a solution for *the reason you play Khora* not functioning properly. As far as I know, this change was done because of the Steel Essence Khora farm, but that's already been changed, so there's no reason to keep the LoS check the way it is, especially if people are noticing issues with it. 

Two gifs for a poster don't equal actual in-game responsiveness, especially when the person using the ability can't seem to aim properly.

10 minutes ago, _Tormex_ said:

Two gifs for a poster don't equal actual in-game responsiveness, especially when the person using the ability can't seem to aim properly.

Two?

Spoiler

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

I mean I can get more if you'd like?

Editing these things takes way longer than it does to find examples ingame, but fine. I will do my duty and edit more examples for you so you can see that you're wrong.

Archived