Orphix Venom: Hotfix 29.6.1

14 hours ago, A_Webb said:

Also, doesn’t shield gate guarantee that you can’t be 1-shotted?  Do you not let yourself use warframe or operator abilities or something? id recommend taking a look at frames that offer some defensive capabilities if you are struggling to survive.  

There are numerous things in game currently that can execute you, even through any number of DR or even Rhino's Iron Skin and Shield Gating. On the Test Server, I played Hildryn against the acolytes and had enhanced shieldgating and overshields with both arcane aegis and barrier and still got one shot by them. There's a level of fair damage and then there are grenades, toxic ancients, and now steel path acolytes. It isn't challenging or hard - it's bullS#&$ and can't be looked at reasonably any other way

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ThatsSoWitty said:

There are numerous things in game currently that can execute you, even through any number of DR or even Rhino's Iron Skin and Shield Gating. On the Test Server, I played Hildryn against the acolytes and had enhanced shieldgating and overshields with both arcane aegis and barrier and still got one shot by them. There's a level of fair damage and then there are grenades, toxic ancients, and now steel path acolytes. It isn't challenging or hard - it's bullS#&$ and can't be looked at reasonably any other way

I have killed many acolytes and died to them on occasion, but never been 1-shot by them even on squishy frames so I guess I’d have to see this to understand it, but seems shocking I have yet to encounter it.

I will give you high level toxin clouds pretty much will just kill you if they hit you and not much you can do about it other than keep them from getting remotely close to you. 

2 hours ago, A_Webb said:

I have killed many acolytes and died to them on occasion, but never been 1-shot by them even on squishy frames so I guess I’d have to see this to understand it, but seems shocking I have yet to encounter it.

I will give you high level toxin clouds pretty much will just kill you if they hit you and not much you can do about it other than keep them from getting remotely close to you. 

I've killed heaps as well but one caught me by surprise and the end result was I got one shot killed by one, normally I'm more careful.

Got me as I landed from jumping around. This below is from my death log.

killed by 1,635 damage at 637 health from a level 115 MALICE using a AcolyteOpticor

Necramechs keep disappearing when the new alien thing spawns. Also can we not be teleported back to the last place the warframe was used, when we die as operator?...

Yeah.. the Alien films created a lot of suspense, tension, everything the characters did mattered. Because they could easily die, they were hunted.

Seems pretty cheap to rip off their art style and storyworld, and not do them the honor of adding that kind of feel to the game.

Edited by fungame_dot_exe
  • Like 1
On 2020-12-20 at 7:55 PM, parttimeparty said:

Glaives are the only way im able to play steel path solo. If they nerf them Im quitting for good.

Its ridiculous that Im MR30, have everything maxed out in the game, and the dumb accolyte who drops 2 steel essence, one shots me.

Im done *@##$ing about .5 dispo rivens.

Theyve taken every advantage we've had. It has killed any reason to play this game.

While I manage to work around all their nerfs, because they'll never catch everything in time before new things shift, I totally understand and mirror this feeling, and every time they take something else away I worked on it makes me sad and angry, sangry if you will, they're just constantly nerfing things that don't need nerfs, I keep playing because I do feel like the content is worthwhile, but my god the nerfs hurt my enjoyment of this game so much.

• Like 2

Many people have all ready stated this but no matter what archgun I bring to the operation it will receive no XP when I return to the orbiter. 

I just finished my voidrig the other day and so I got the masulon fresh. I have a riven for my fluctus I would like to put on but can't. Got the duel decurions which seem like they would be nice with a couple of forma. 

I have maxed out my voidrig four times to fit more forma but no matter what archgun or how it says maxed out during the op, wether I'm the host or client, when I return to the orbiter it zeroes back out. 

Makes this operation very, very frustrating. 

On 2020-12-19 at 12:52 AM, Cradicias said:

Prisma Dual Decurion is not retaining the XP it earns in mission. Keeps resetting to unranked upon returning to Orbiter.

mech using only one of them is awkward when he is acrually hold both

also lavos is buged...

22 hours ago, Dreadlox said:

Try to use the IronBride on thr Orphix you can melt it with 3-4 swings if you build is with corrosive. The animation is much more problematic. Sometimes i stuck in animation loop. 

yeah if only I can reach the Orphix with melee....
Many times it spawns on the ceiling. 

Could we please have the Mecha Set icon that appears above enemies be made larger and affected by kubrow colours?
As it is, it's extremely hard to see, making the set clunky to use for no reason. Additionally, it doesn't disappear when the mark on an enemy expires.

It's especially bad as a player with sight issues, and I enjoy the set quite a lot. Even if the icon turns out low quality or otherwise ugly, it needs at least 2x the size to be easy to spot in combat.

On 2020-12-21 at 1:46 AM, Blyker said:

I had that a few times as well but since i know the way into those rooms it was no problem for me. Maybe time to explore a bit?

if u think i did not explore warframe in 5000 hours than i dont know who explored more

On 2020-12-19 at 7:31 PM, GrazeZeroLow said:

If you stayed in the mission longer than you should have, that's your fault - not DE. 

Next time, hit the letter "P" to check your ranks. That way, you won't look like a trolling fool.

Pfft, staying in a mission longer than you are supposed to....if i stay in hydron for 50 waves of defense, after being maxed after 5 waves, tell me wtf does that have to do with losing ranks?  not a gdam thing, you are the trolling idiot, fuqoff noob. Its not like there aren't numerous "fixes" towards mechs losing affinity, or you don't read or play enough?

Really appreciate the work even during holiday times. Everyone in the world is chilling (due to weather) at home during Christmas and New Year vacations, still you guys are working hard to give the Warframe community a great gaming experience.

A big salute to the Warframe Development, QA and Deployment Team for releasing latest content and quick fixes despite being so many negative comments around in the forum.

Kudos and cheers. 👍

• Like 1
Le 18/12/2020 à 15:49, Voltage a dit :

Thanks for the hotfix.

This event is very poorly designed. Having a mission where 99% of your account, gear, play time, or progression doesn't matter is extremely frustrating. Disabling the title of this game that has been built for 7 years for an Operation removes all sense of optimization or enjoyment within the mission. Scarlet Spear had many issues, but atleast your gear mattered. Right now, it's just Fluctus on Voidrig. Anything else is not a great time. Sure, you can use Protea's Dispenser to get Necramech energy, but that is an exception to the major handicap this mission puts on the player.

I signed up for Warframe, and the Warframe really does not matter in this Operation. That makes it unfun. I didn't get Mastery Rank 30 or Forma up every item in the game to use 2 arsenal items out of 600+.

Capping an endless mission isn't endurance by the way. Unless the word endurance is describing doing this for 30 days.

And I will just add that the reason this Operation is vacant of major bugs is because almost none of the arsenal can be used for the majority of the mission.

TooLong,Didn'tRead Version:  I feel like I am part of a minority here that actually likes and appreciates this event lol.  I feel like everyone is making this event to be much worse that it really is, but it is ok if you see it as otherwise.  I agree that it sucks to not be able to use your warframes much at all in this mission (there are some exceptions, but you're basically right about this), but that is not what this event is about.  It's all about getting players familiar with Necramech combat in a normal tileset environment (which may become a reality soon in all missions).  This event is done in a way that makes the Necramechs the center of the stage, forcing players to really learn the mechanics of Necramechs without the reliance on trivializing warframes like Mesa and Saryn, among others.  That's all the event is.  Your comment is screaming to me that you want rewarding endgame content that can only be maximally grinded by those with the best gear, but I could be wrong here (if so just lemme know, and I didn't mean this in an offensive way, it's just genuinely how it comes off to me).  It is absolutely not endgame content, so if that is what you wanted, then I'm sorry to say, but it does not look like this event's purpose was ever to be "endgame."  Perhaps when Raids 2.0 or Railjack+Lich 2.0 come out in the future (who know's when tbh), then we can really buckle down and create a more concrete meta as a community together, but as for now, all this event ever truly was meant to be was a Necramech-only survival mode that can be tried out for old and newer players alike.  With that said, it delivers well at giving the player a fun Necramech survival experience in normal tilesets, and so I don't see much of an issue with that.  Much like archwing gamemodes, it can be interesting to try out a new type of play that restricts warframe use from time to time.  It is a fun Necramech survival mode to me and I enjoy crunching hordes of enemies, and I think adding in warframe synergy is not the focus here, but later on it might be!  Finally, you say there is a complete removal of "all sense of optimization or enjoyment within the mission," but again, I think it delivers at what it's trying to do, and delivers in an enjoyable way that rewards players that have fully-built mechs and archguns (even if it is just the fluctus and VoidRig) as opposed to those who struggle a bit more without such modded and battle-ready items.

Intro:
Hey.  I read your comment and I couldn't help but notice that it sounds a lot like the feedback given about other game updates that seemed promising at first, but didn't deliver (Old Blood, Railjack, Scarlet Spear).  I just wanted to share my perspective and first let you know that I agree with much of what you say, but your tone from your endurance joke or words like "That makes it unfun" sounds like the event left a bad taste in your mouth, which is fine, but I wanted to say this as to what I see going into this comment response.  By the way, I do value your opinion and I respect the hell outta you, so with that out of the way, here are my comments:

Context/What I Think is the Focus or Goal of This Event:
I understand your frustration, Voltage (god damn it I love that name and I use it for everything but can't use it in WF, tho I'm glad whoever uses it is at least active and cares about the game enough to provide constructive feedback).  However, hear me out pls.  I think that the focus of this event is on Necramechs and to entice all players to become familiar with how they work.  I understand that you have spent many hours in the game and are MR 30 and have forma'd many builds and want to use them to their fullest potential possible, and I'm right there with ya (I'm also basically MR 30, I have 605/607 but have yet to take the MR test which I'll probably do tonight), and I do know that the game is about warframes and killing PvE enemies in overpowered ways, but this is my two cents:  I know you want the focus to be on warframes.  But, Necramechs are a new breed of warframes and DE wants to highlight this new breed with an event that limits usage to just them.  DE is telling all players to use them and get more familiar with them since Necramech combat is a relatively new and unique addition to the game, much like Archwing and Operator combat were.  A Necramech (in my opinion) is just a beefier type of Warframe (it literally is a metal frame that you transference into, much like a warframe, and has 4 abilities just like warframes).  Still, there are many differences, the prime examples being that there are only 2 Necramechs at the moment, and that they are not currently ready to be used in regular missions... yet.  Bear in mind that this is only the beginning and that both of these things will change over time (namely that there will most likely be more necramechs to use in the future, and that this event is actually a test at porting them into regular missions for the first time which could become a reality in everyday missions very soon).

Addressing Whether Orphix Venom Succeeds at Accomplishing its Goals:
Since the event is about highlighting the use of Necramechs, then forcing us to learn how best to play a Necramech-only mission where energy-orb and damage management is understandable.  For what it's worth, even though this isn't endgame content (which I would love too!), I actually quite enjoyed playing this event for the first time since I never had any real reason to use a Necramech before until now.   In the event, I learned how best to manage energy (you can use dispensary, as you mentioned, but I've found that Spectrosiphon(SoulPunch Subsume) Max-Range/Efficiency Nekros (no despoil) is a better option since one is able to fuel up everybody's mech plentifully whilst also providing health orbs and lots of loot: ~500 hexanon per 24 rounds without even trying which is nice when you consider desecrate can idle outside the noWarframe zone).  I also learned how to manage Necramech movement in normal game tilesets as well, which is nice for when they finally bring the Necramechs into normal tilesets in a future non-event update.  This event is what you make of it, and it really isn't all that bad in my eyes, as it forces new and old players alike into learning positioning (for movement purposes and for setting up good angles for each NM's ultimate ability) and energy management in case one wants to play with a Necramech for major game missions (when that comes out later).  An event where you learn how to play the game in a different way is a good event in my eyes, especially with the direction DE is trying to take with this new system.  Scarlet Spear was essentially a mobile defense that got trivialized with Limbo, with a slight focus on Railjack, but the issue there was that the Railjack really wasn't the star of the show; the mobile defense was.  Here, players of all skill levels get a real feel for the intended focus of the event, that being Necramech usage in the face of adapting sentient enemies, and I like that.  It's not a mobile defense like we already know how to do; it's a kill everything that you see or that is marked using the new Necramech system.  It's essentially a survival mission for Necramechs, but it's still new and forces us to use the new Necramech mechanic in a much more meaningful way than railjack was to Scarlet Spear (if I recall, having a fast and tanky ship was about the only thing that really mattered outside of the mobile defense part).  I don't usually play survival missions for fun, but I had fun with this event because it felt new to me.  It felt good to crunch through a large horde with my Fluctus/Arquebex/BonewidowChargeDamageWhile4Equipped (there are some serious enemy hordes of regular Grineer/Corpus in this event that I've never seen before, as in, the concentration of enemies in one area is sometimes bigger than most survivals I've played up until now).  Anyways, what I'm trying to say here is that the focus's corresponding implementation of the event is spot-on.  The focus is on Necramechs and it really does feel like it's about Necramechs, and DE does it in an engaging way that's not too easy for most players unless they have a kitted setup.  Therefore I conclude that this event succeeds at accomplishing its goals of throwing us into an environment with challenging (not for you or me, but for unprepared players) Necramech gameplay in a normal tileset setting.

Expectations + Next Steps:
Many players, yourself included, were hoping that this event would be something more than what it currently is.  Many had hoped that Orphix Venom would have ushered in a completely new way to play the game of Warframe, where one could use both warframe and Necramech to accomplish a task, ideally one complementing the other.  I want that too, but unfortunately, DE is still only on the first step of integrating Necramechs into normal gameplay.  They are not ready to test beyond Necramech-only missions because I would imagine that doing so would most assuredly introduce many game-breaking bugs to the game.  They would need more time to fully implement an event or future update that also allows for Necramechs to be used in synergy with warframes fighting alongside them.  We should be patient, as I'm sure that this is their eventual goal as well, as evidenced by their release of Orphix Venom which brings Necramechs one step closer to being a part of daily warframe missions.  I believe that one day we will get what you want, Voltage.  We will be able to take our warframes alongside our Necramechs in any mission.  But until that day arrives, we should just treat this event as an opportunity to hone our Necramech skills and mold our Necramech gear in such a way that makes us less reliant on our warframes in normal tileset environments, because that's what this event has always been about.

Also, there are lore reasons as to why this event is 99% Necramech-only, but I mentioned this lastly because I feel like it's the least-compelling argument for why things are the way they are right now.  I would assume that Necramech-only missions might become a minor theme in some future lore missions, but I don't think that they will all necessarily have to be that way all the time.

Conclusion:
If anybody finds this event as a let-down, then I understand.  It probably takes time to buff out any glitches that might occur from side-by-side Necramech and warframe gameplay in normal tilesets, but I am hopeful that this will be the norm in the future.  With that said!  Let us look more closely at what this event is all about and take full advantage at what it offers us.  It offers a potentially fun experience that rewards building your own Necramech and building your own fluctus (or other archgun if you like using it, or prefer to play bonewidow during the grineer map of the event) with hours of an engaging Necramech-only survival mode filled with adapting sentient enemies.  If you like old-school survival, or you're interested in learning more about your Necramech, then this event just might be a super fun event for you like it is for me.  I forgot to address the tenno that don't care about events and are only really in it for the rewards, but if you are one of those tenno who need the gear as quick as possible, then just know that you can still get through the event quickly with a non-fluctus or a Bonewidow or whatever as long as you have a good teammate or two to help you out; you're not restricted to Voidrig and Fluctus, but it is faster if you have at least one teammate with one or both of those things.  Anyways, always try new things in fun ways, tenno, and thanks for reading this far!  I really do appreciate it and hope you have a good holiday season :)

Edited by -Section-
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, -Section- said:

TooLong,Didn'tRead Version:  I feel like I am part of a minority here that actually likes and appreciates this event lol.  I feel like everyone is making this event to be much worse that it really is, but it is ok if you see it as otherwise.  I agree that it sucks to not be able to use your warframes much at all in this mission (there are some exceptions, but you're basically right about this), but that is not what this event is about.  It's all about getting players familiar with Necramech combat in a normal tileset environment (which may become a reality soon in all missions).  This event is done in a way that makes the Necramechs the center of the stage, forcing players to really learn the mechanics of Necramechs without the reliance on trivializing warframes like Mesa and Saryn, among others.  That's all the event is.  Your comment is screaming to me that you want rewarding endgame content that can only be maximally grinded by those with the best gear, but I could be wrong here (if so just lemme know, and I didn't mean this in an offensive way, it's just genuinely how it comes off to me).  It is absolutely not endgame content, so if that is what you wanted, then I'm sorry to say, but it does not look like this event's purpose was ever to be "endgame."  Perhaps when Raids 2.0 or Railjack+Lich 2.0 come out in the future (who know's when tbh), then we can really buckle down and create a more concrete meta as a community together, but as for now, all this event ever truly was meant to be was a Necramech-only survival mode that can be tried out for old and newer players alike.  With that said, it delivers well at giving the player a fun Necramech survival experience in normal tilesets, and so I don't see much of an issue with that.  Much like archwing gamemodes, it can be interesting to try out a new type of play that restricts warframe use from time to time.  It is a fun Necramech survival mode to me and I enjoy crunching hordes of enemies, and I think adding in warframe synergy is not the focus here, but later on it might be!  Finally, you say there is a complete removal of "all sense of optimization or enjoyment within the mission," but again, I think it delivers at what it's trying to do, and delivers in an enjoyable way that rewards players that have fully-built mechs and archguns (even if it is just the fluctus and VoidRig) as opposed to those who struggle a bit more without such modded and battle-ready items.

Intro:
Hey.  I read your comment and I couldn't help but notice that it sounds a lot like the feedback given about other game updates that seemed promising at first, but didn't deliver (Old Blood, Railjack, Scarlet Spear).  I just wanted to share my perspective and first let you know that I agree with much of what you say, but your tone from your endurance joke or words like "That makes it unfun" sounds like the event left a bad taste in your mouth, which is fine, but I wanted to say this as to what I see going into this comment response.  By the way, I do value your opinion and I respect the hell outta you, so with that out of the way, here are my comments:

Context/What I Think is the Focus/Goal of This Event:
I understand your frustration, Voltage (god damn it I love that name and I use it for everything but can't use it in WF, tho I'm glad whoever uses it is at least active and cares about the game enough to provide constructive feedback).  However, hear me out pls.  I think that the focus of this event is on Necramechs and to entice all players to become familiar with how they work.  I understand that you have spent many hours in the game and are MR 30 and have forma'd many builds and want to use them to their fullest potential possible, and I'm right there with ya (I'm also basically MR 30, I have 605/607 but have yet to take the MR test which I'll probably do tonight), and I do know that the game is about warframes and killing PvE enemies in overpowered ways, but this is my two cents:  I know you want the focus to be on warframes.  But, Necramechs are a new breed of warframes and DE wants to highlight this new breed with an event that limits usage to just them.  DE is telling all players to use them and get more familiar with them since Necramech combat is a relatively new and unique addition to the game, much like Archwing and Operator combat were.  A Necramech (in my opinion) is just a beefier type of Warframe (it literally is a metal frame that you transference into, much like a warframe, and has 4 abilities just like warframes).  Still, there are many differences, the prime examples being that there are only 2 Necramechs at the moment, and that they are not currently ready to be used in regular missions... yet.  Bear in mind that this is only the beginning and that both of these things will change over time (namely that there will most likely be more necramechs to use in the future, and that this event is actually a test at porting them into regular missions for the first time which could become a reality in everyday missions very soon).

Since the event is about highlighting the use of Necramechs, then forcing us to learn how best to play a Necramech-only mission where energy-orb and damage management is understandable.  For what it's worth, even though this isn't endgame content (which I would love too!), I actually quite enjoyed playing this event for the first time since I never had any real reason to use a Necramech before until now.   In the event, I learned how best to manage energy (you can use dispensary, as you mentioned, but I've found that Spectrosiphon(SoulPunch Subsume) Max-Range/Efficiency Nekros (no despoil) is a better option since one is able to fuel up everybody's mech plentifully whilst also providing health orbs and lots of loot: ~500 hexanon per 24 rounds without even trying which is nice when you consider desecrate can idle outside the noWarframe zone).  I also learned how to manage Necramech movement in normal game tilesets as well, which is nice for when they finally bring the Necramechs into normal tilesets in a future non-event update.  This event is what you make of it, and it really isn't all that bad in my eyes, as it forces new and old players alike into learning positioning (for movement purposes and for setting up good angles for each NM's ultimate ability) and energy management in case one wants to play with a Necramech for major game missions (when that comes out later).  An event where you learn how to play the game in a different way is a good event in my eyes, especially with the direction DE is trying to take with this new system.  Scarlet Spear was essentially a mobile defense that got trivialized with Limbo, with a slight focus on Railjack, but the issue there was that the Railjack really wasn't the star of the show; the mobile defense was.  Here, players of all skill levels get a real feel for the intended focus of the event, that being Necramech usage in the face of adapting sentient enemies, and I like that.  It's not a mobile defense like we already know how to do; it's a kill everything that you see or that is marked using the new Necramech system.  It's essentially a survival mission for Necramechs, but it's still new and forces us to use the new Necramech mechanic in a much more meaningful way than railjack was to Scarlet Spear (if I recall, having a fast and tanky ship was about the only thing that really mattered outside of the mobile defense part).  I don't usually play survival missions for fun, but I had fun with this event because it felt new to me.  It felt good to crunch through a large horde with my Fluctus/Arquebex/BonewidowChargeDamageWhile4Equipped (there are some serious enemy hordes of regular Grineer/Corpus in this event that I've never seen before, as in, the concentration of enemies in one area is sometimes bigger than most survivals I've played up until now).  Anyways, what I'm trying to say here is that the focus and corresponding implementation of the event is spot-on.  The focus is on Necramechs and it really does feel like it's about Necramechs, and DE does it in an engaging way that's not too easy for most players unless they have a kitted setup.  Therefore I conclude that this event succeeds at accomplishing its goals of throwing us into an environment with challenging (not for you or me, but for unprepared players) Necramech gameplay in a normal tileset setting.

Many players, yourself included, were hoping that this event would be something more than what it currently is.  Many had hoped that Orphix Venom would have ushered in a completely new way to play the game of Warframe, where one could use both warframe and Necramech to accomplish a task, ideally one complementing the other.  I want that too, but unfortunately, DE is still only on the first step of integrating Necramechs into normal gameplay.  They are not ready to test beyond Necramech-only missions because I would imagine that doing so would most assuredly introduce many game-breaking bugs to the game.  They would need more time to fully implement an event or future update that also allows for Necramechs to be used in synergy with warframes fighting alongside them.  We should be patient, as I'm sure that this is their eventual goal as well, as evidenced by their release of Orphix Venom which brings Necramechs one step closer to being a part of daily warframe missions.  I believe that one day we will get what you want, Voltage.  We will be able to take our warframes alongside our Necramechs in any mission.  But until that day arrives, we should just treat this event as an opportunity to hone our Necramech skills and mold our Necramech gear in such a way that makes us less reliant on our warframes in normal tileset environments, because that's what this event has always been about.

Also, there are lore reasons as to why this event is 99% Necramech-only, but I mentioned this lastly because I feel like it's the least-compelling argument for why things are the way they are right now.  I would assume that Necramech-only missions might become a minor theme in some future lore missions, but I don't think that they will all necessarily have to be that way all the time.

Conclusion:
If anybody finds this event as a let-down, then I understand.  It probably takes time to buff out any glitches that might occur from side-by-side Necramech and warframe gameplay in normal tilesets, but I am hopeful that this will be the norm in the future.  With that said!  Let us look more closely at what this event is all about and take full advantage at what it offers us.  It offers a potentially fun experience that rewards building your own Necramech and building your own fluctus (or other archgun if you like using it, or prefer to play bonewidow during the grineer map of the event) with hours of an engaging Necramech-only survival mode filled with adapting sentient enemies.  If you like old-school survival, or you're interested in learning more about your Necramech, then this event just might be a super fun event for you like it is for me.  I forgot to address the tenno that don't care about events and are only really in it for the rewards, but if you are one of those tenno who need the gear as quick as possible, then just know that you can still get through the event quickly with a non-fluctus or a Bonewidow or whatever as long as you have a good teammate or two to help you out; you're not restricted to Voidrig and Fluctus, but it is faster if you have at least one teammate with one or both of those things.  Anyways, always try new things in fun ways, tenno, and thanks for reading this far!  I really do appreciate it and hope you have a good holiday season :)

Good Read... Appreciate the holiday vibe you got going on.

May I politely recommend you switch to decaf? 

• Like 2
Il y a 11 heures, Old_Fogie a dit :

Good Read... Appreciate the holiday vibe you got going on.

May I politely recommend you switch to decaf? 

I'm glad you enjoyed the read!
And yeah, I never really did initially intend to write that much (sorry for the wall of text), but when I finished, I realized I had written over 2,000 words and had to organize the body into different sections so readers could hopefully follow this astronomical amount of text easier.  Funnily enough, I don't drink coffee, I'm just a student on winter break enjoying Warframe who now has the time to type up a completely uncalled-for amount of text on a videogame forum post lol.

• Like 3
17 hours ago, -Section- said:

Intro:

Context/What I Think is the Focus or Goal of This Event:

Since the event is about highlighting the use of Necramechs, then forcing us to learn how best to play a Necramech-only mission where energy-orb and damage management is understandable.  For what it's worth, even though this isn't endgame content (which I would love too!), I actually quite enjoyed playing this event for the first time since I never had any real reason to use a Necramech before until now.   In the event, I learned how best to manage energy (you can use dispensary, as you mentioned, but I've found that Spectrosiphon(SoulPunch Subsume) Max-Range/Efficiency Nekros (no despoil) is a better option since one is able to fuel up everybody's mech plentifully whilst also providing health orbs and lots of loot: ~500 hexanon per 24 rounds without even trying which is nice when you consider desecrate can idle outside the noWarframe zone).  I also learned how to manage Necramech movement in normal game tilesets as well, which is nice for when they finally bring the Necramechs into normal tilesets in a future non-event update.  This event is what you make of it, and it really isn't all that bad in my eyes, as it forces new and old players alike into learning positioning (for movement purposes and for setting up good angles for each NM's ultimate ability) and energy management in case one wants to play with a Necramech for major game missions (when that comes out later).  An event where you learn how to play the game in a different way is a good event in my eyes, especially with the direction DE is trying to take with this new system.  Scarlet Spear was essentially a mobile defense that got trivialized with Limbo, with a slight focus on Railjack, but the issue there was that the Railjack really wasn't the star of the show; the mobile defense was.  Here, players of all skill levels get a real feel for the intended focus of the event, that being Necramech usage in the face of adapting sentient enemies, and I like that.  It's not a mobile defense like we already know how to do; it's a kill everything that you see or that is marked using the new Necramech system.  It's essentially a survival mission for Necramechs, but it's still new and forces us to use the new Necramech mechanic in a much more meaningful way than railjack was to Scarlet Spear (if I recall, having a fast and tanky ship was about the only thing that really mattered outside of the mobile defense part).  I don't usually play survival missions for fun, but I had fun with this event because it felt new to me.  It felt good to crunch through a large horde with my Fluctus/Arquebex/BonewidowChargeDamageWhile4Equipped (there are some serious enemy hordes of regular Grineer/Corpus in this event that I've never seen before, as in, the concentration of enemies in one area is sometimes bigger than most survivals I've played up until now).  Anyways, what I'm trying to say here is that the focus's corresponding implementation of the event is spot-on.  The focus is on Necramechs and it really does feel like it's about Necramechs, and DE does it in an engaging way that's not too easy for most players unless they have a kitted setup.  Therefore I conclude that this event succeeds at accomplishing its goals of throwing us into an environment with challenging (not for you or me, but for unprepared players) Necramech gameplay in a normal tileset setting.

Conclusion:

I am glad to hear someone else say they enjoying this event and understand why it is the way it is. Beautifuly worded. Take my like, you have more earned it.

• Like 1
On 2020-12-21 at 2:09 AM, Yank31 said:

No, no, you're doing it wrong man.

Kiddo can void dash in any direction, even sideways (yes), even back and forth. While I agree this is one of the tricky room, kiddo can definitively dash upstairs (mouse look up, dash).

Also the mech can jump on those retracting pillars (when they are low), and then jump to the higher platform. You might need necramech hydraulics.

Kiddo doesn't seem to be willing to go straight up for me (I'm using a gamepad, that might be an issue), and even if he did, Void Dashing is super janky. I can't aim glide or double jump to help control my aerial movement better, and the moment the Void Dash ends I drop like I'm Wile E. Coyote and I just noticed there's no ground beneath me.

I can confirm that base jump height for mechs is insufficient, but grinding out a mod for it feels unreasonable since rentals can't do that.

Thanks anyway. Sorry for not responding sooner (Christmas).