Orphix Venom: Hotfix 29.6.1

Necramechs are garbage, please allow everyone to play this event (or/and any other, future events/bounties/etc) with regular warframes.

I've never got one and while playing this event - I'm 100% sure that I never will. The gameplay is just slow and boring, moving from point A to B on the other side of the map is a huge pain. This isn't fun at all.

To be precise: Event is fine, necramechs in this game are total garbage. Slow, painful to play with, monotone.
Even archwing missions are more fun that this necramech trash, and they were at the complete bottom of what I consider enjoyable, when it comes to this game.

Up to this point necramechs didn't bother me, because I haven't felt like they're mandatory in order to get into any part of the game.
But they do now, since I'm forced to use them in order to have a chance to enjoy this event (and the rewards that come with it) at all.

Edited by dataskin
  • Like 18

On the contrary to what other say. I appreciate the event. 

I find stupid to ask for it to be played with warframes, since this very event was born as a test for mechs in normal missions. And the result for this test is the following:

Mechs give the beautifull feeling of being able to bring 2 warframe and 2 set of weapons together and this make the gameplay extremely versatile, but the geometry of the tileset sometimes makes hard to navigate throught it, especially if the paths are very sharp and other mechs walk with you. 

The only thing I find a bit annoying is the "delay" between actions, (for example when you stop from the "running" you sorta become stunned for some seconds and this prevent you from shooting, jumping and so on. This delay becomes nerve-wracking while using bonewidow since every attack with its exalted melee have extremely slow arcs + extremely long recover. All this make the mechs feeling a bit clunky and slow,

If only they would be a bit more reactive and have a bullet jump to help navigate and adjust movement errors would be fine for me.

Edited by Cloud
  • Like 15
5 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Fixed erroneous Antenna in Nora’s Nightwave landing craft. 

I liked that tho. 

Ok so I gotta say why does it feel like the orphixes spawn faster solo vs groups? Shouldn't it be the other way around? Also the "survival" part is kinda dumb. Its stupid easy (which is something I thought I would never have to say) especially in squads. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Revert or replace the line of sight added to Khora's Whipclaw in U29.5.0.

giphy.gif

It constantly reports false negatives when nothing is visibly blocking line of sight, and makes using Khora's primary, central ability spotty and frustrating.

giphy.gif

This has been broken for now 10 hotfixes and a minor release. Intentionally introducing bugs that harm the usability of a frame is not the right way to address balance problems.

The line of sight also breaks in some circumstances when it interacts with Strangledome.

Replace it with something else - anything else - so I can hit the things I'm aiming at and know I should hit. The "simple" LoS constantly fails, a simple damage falloff would not.

Please never stop posting this...seriously. you are an MVP!!

• Like 21
4 minutes ago, Cradicias said:

Prisma Dual Decurion is not retaining the XP it earns in mission. Keeps resetting to unranked upon returning to Orbiter.

I also can't see it in my profile's equipment tab (prisma twin gremlins and prisma dual cleavers are there)

"To honor the spirit of giving, gifting Lavos to another player in-game means you’ll receive an additional Lavos Transmutation Probe Decoration!" 

Gifted a friend Lavos but haven't received the decoration?
Note: only sent frame, not bundle since the patch notes didn't specify. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I signed up for Warframe, and the Warframe really does not matter in this Operation. That makes it unfun. I didn't get Mastery Rank 30 or Forma up every item in the game to use 2 arsenal items out of 600+.

Then dont play it. Buy Lavos from the marketplace and move on.

• Like 13
8 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Fixed an issue where some accounts got bonus duplicate Mausolons. Feel free to sell or use these if you were one of these players! 

Don't talk to me, or Mausolon, Mausolon, Mausolon, and Mausolon ever again.😆

• Like 4

This event is fantastic! Necramechs felt limited in open world spaces, but in tilesets they're a blast to use, and I hope this event won't be a one-time thing. Although I do wish destroying the resonators would actually shrink the pulse area, as implied, so that people who want to use their frames can have a little more freedom if they focus on the objective, at least from range.

Also, although it's an incredibly fun weapon, Mausolon and/or other archguns could use some balance tuning. imo other archguns should be brought to the damage potential of Mausolon, and Mausolon's ammo economy should see a bit of a nerf- Lower magazine, and a slower reload, because being able to fire it constantly AND have superb damage overshadows the other archguns.

Edited by Lightning_Bloom
  • Like 3
9 minutes ago, I.V.A.R.A said:

Alrighty.

So, as always with every single thing you release without fail, the time vs reward isn't worth it. Maybe if you didn't have to track 500m+ at times after waiting far too long for it to tell you to go there to begin with instead of them just spawning right away. I get it's a delicate balance, but can't we ever just have good rewards in a decent amount of time? I feel like you say "it keeps people playing" without realizing how many people would actually be playing opposed to looking at it and saying "3 hours for one arcane... nah...".

As for Lavos, he is cool and unique for sure. Aside from random Lavos in your group all changing each other's mixtures for some reason (really hope this is a bug), and aside from cooldowns he feels good. I see that you wanted to put some kind of limit since there isn't energy, but every other frame has ways to bypass not being able to cast. It feels really bad at times, and his 3 kind of sucks. At base it's 1.0s for every enemy it shocks... at 175% efficiency (on the first frame in too long that doesn't want some of everything) it's 1.75s. This is a Harrow problem all over again, or Nidus, because we have to depend on team mates not wiping every enemy. And there's no do-overs on the cast so you can't even say "oh well" you're just screwed on getting a tiny boost on cooldown. He needs much less of a detriment. Any other frame, with far stronger powers, can cast constantly with energy pizzas. Lavos doesn't. 

20 rounds on t3 is an arcane energize...took like 30 min.

• Like 1