Jump to content

[IC] Depths of the Vallis (dead)


DarthContusion
 Share

Recommended Posts

In the back room of Fortuna, Biz directed the various brats to set up chairs and tables for whatever Tenno might show up to the Solaris' little event. It seemed not many had answered the call yet, perhaps due to a lack of concrete information, perhaps due to a surplus of adventure elsewhere.

However, Suno owed Eudico a couple favors, so she was "supervising." All she was really doing was sitting in the corner absently gazing at the steam rising up off the cup of coffee she had no intention of coming out of her Gara warframe to drink. It was probably bitter, soon it would be cold too. She might be more inclined to indulge if it was alcohol rather than coffee, but you can't be drunk on an operation. You could be more inclined to take out aggression than strictly necessary, and for a Tenno as repressed as she there was a lot of pent up aggression to take out. That was how the milk carton incident happened, after all.

No, no booze, no coffee, no nothing. Just a brown puddle of bean water and too many memories for her brain to sort through properly. They seemed to bubble to the surface of the coffee in an incoherent deluge of faces and names all disconnected from one another. It was getting harder and harder to even want to sort out dreams from reality, She wanted to doze off and forget all the troubles. Indeed if it were not for the pestering of her cephalon, she would pilot her ship out into the void and sit there alone until supplies got too low.

Even so, favors were owed, respect was had, the wheels of the social order that kept all hominids from going completely insane kept turning. She couldn't just disappear because of the damnable feelings that connected her to the other intelligences across the system. She found herself raising the cup of coffee to nonexistent lips, earning a chuckle from the little gremlins Eudico had roped into "helping" if it could be called that. They were almost as easily distracted as she was, stopping their work to skag it up for a good five minutes at a time until someone dismissed them. The number of helpers was steadily dwindling for that very reason. They weren't even expected to work for a solid hour, and only expected to do any light labor at all because the adult Solaris were too busy either looking for their missing fellows or going through their daily labors.

Missing fellows were what this was all about, after all. Around the central holo-display stood Eudico, Biz, Little Duck, and a worried looking Corpus crewman. An informant, no doubt. The recent disappearances affected everyone, laborers and soldiers alike, and money could buy only so much silence, even from a Corpus.

Suno knew in broad strokes what Eudico knew: there was some unseen predator disappearing people in the Vallis and their job was to find out what it was.  The first phase would surely be to infiltrate a Corpus facility and nab one of their eggheads, make him talk. How he talked would determine what happened next.

She gave up on coffee reading and turned to the entrance to the back room, staring at it with the same vacant insistence she had been using to sort through her liquid demons. If anyone else was coming, they'd have to come through that door, barring any creepy void horse pucky.

Edited by DarthContusion
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The next arrivals did, indeed, come through the door.  They were a pair of tall Grineer, one of them just barely able to walk through the door standing, the other so tall that she had to stoop to fit through, brushing a hand on the top of the door frame as she did so.  A drone flew through the door behind them just as it closed, a sensor regulator with a harpak hanging underneath it by a jury-rigged and slightly crooked attempt at a turret.

The less tall of the two wore the white and blue armor of an arctic eximus.  Her face was unreadable; a piece of coarse blue cloth covered the lower half, an eyepatch covered the left eye socket, and an ocular implant filled the other.  Between them, only a tiny bit of skin was visible, smooth and shiny around the eyepatch.  A vulkar on her back peeked over her shoulder.  She stopped a respectful distance from the proceedings at the table, and gave a nod to Suno.

The taller one walked directly to the table, listening to the conversation with a quizzical expression.  She too had an ocular implant, but her other eye was undamaged, regarding the world in pale-green wonder.  Her skin was blotched with many shades, typical for a grineer, but the blotches seemed to have a directionality to them, sweeping across her face from the right and downward to the left.  Her armor was orange, signifying an arson eximus, and she carried no obvious weapon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Corpus informant shrunk from the enormous Grineer and Little Duck instinctively placed herself between the two.

"Don't recall inviting tubers to the party," she said, abrasively enough that even Suno could recognize the tension in her voice.

I wish that woman had a mucking filter, Suno thought. Still she recognized the actions of the big Grineer as those of a fellow socially oblivious eccentric, and moved to intercept. Pushing off from her seat and speed-walking over, she shoved her coffee into the big Grineer's big hands, gestured to the one who had nodded at her, and called out, "Someone get my other friend a coffee, quick-like!"

Little Duck, for once in her life, took the hint and went back to her position. The conversation contained little more than pleasantries and at this point, although the Corpus would occasionally find an opening to brag about his stock portfolio or try to chat about the Index, before sheepishly falling silent again. There was no real malice in it, but he was clearly struggling to fit in with the more traditionally working class Solaris. Eudico was doing her best to include him; cultural differences aside they were all laborers here.

If one had been listening closely, they might have gleaned a few names of missing Corpus and Solaris (of which there were in all dozens) as well as the coordinates of their last known positions.

She turned back to the first Grineer, trying to figure how she would phrase things to herself, having gleefully adopted metaphor and sarcasm as part of her every day speech even though she frequently missed such cues herself.

"We're grateful for the help, but what brings Steel Meridian out here?" she asked. She wondered if she had forwarded the message to Steel Meridian or maybe some other Tenno. It would have been a good idea. Many hands make light wetwork. More excitedly, she also asked, "And, how's Cressa doing? Any trouble, any at all? All my merchandise in working order?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, DarthContusion said:

I wish that woman had a mucking filter, Suno thought. Still she recognized the actions of the big Grineer as those of a fellow socially oblivious eccentric, and moved to intercept. Pushing off from her seat and speed-walking over, she shoved her coffee into the big Grineer's big hands, gestured to the one who had nodded at her, and called out, "Someone get my other friend a coffee, quick-like!"

"What--" The tall arson eximus stepped back slightly as the coffee mug was pressed into her hands.  "Uh.  Is this for me?"  "Probably," her sister answered, with a hint of amusement in her voice.  The tall eximus frowned and said, "You're not being very helpful."

21 hours ago, DarthContusion said:

"We're grateful for the help, but what brings Steel Meridian out here?" she asked. She wondered if she had forwarded the message to Steel Meridian or maybe some other Tenno. It would have been a good idea. Many hands make light wetwork. More excitedly, she also asked, "And, how's Cressa doing? Any trouble, any at all? All my merchandise in working order?"

The arctic eximus regarded Suno eyelessly, waiting for her to finish asking questions before answering in a grumpy monotone with a slight twang of sarcasm.  "Cressa is alive, and guns shoot.  I'm not going to talk about important things in here, but if you want juicy gossip, I've got plenty of that."  She shrugged.  "And why we're here?  Why wouldn't we be?  If there's something dangerous out there, anybody who might want to do anything in the area would want to know about it."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

After the two Grineer arrivals, two more Tenno entered through the door. One was an elegant Equinox Prime, entering with a slight flourish. The other was a crimson red Ash Prime who immediately turned to the nearest corner and hid himself from view, quietly watching the others while absentmindedly spinning a Despair knife around in his hand. The Equinox glanced at the Ash before sighing. Well, Vlad's enjoying himself. Kacilius looked over at the others. There was a Gara as well as two Grineer. Hmm... these Grineer must be from Steel Meridian. He pulled a chair over and sat down, leaning slightly on the back two legs. "So, what's the situation so far?" Kacilius asked with a slight cheery tone while removing his helmet to reveal a slightly strange Infested hood. Meanwhile, Vlad just continued to watch as he palmed another knife and started juggling them with one hand.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just like that Suno felt overwhelmed with weirdos and cranks. Four new people in a single room? Too much. Time to throw in the towel.

No, no, she couldn't do that. Favors, right? Because of the thing with the kitguns?

"So, what's the situation so far?" asked one of the sketchy looking Tenno.

She turned away from the Grineer to give a recap to sketchy Tenno #1.

"Well right now we're waiting for Eudico to give us the go ahead. It'll probably be within a couple minutes. Right now we're just. Getting to know each other, I guess. As far as I know, something, something, eating people, so we have to kidnap an egghead," she explained unhelpfully.

"Can I get you and your friend-" she gestured at the knife juggling sketchy Tenno #2, "-a coffee? Let me get you a coffee. HEY GET THESE TWO A COFFEE! AND WHERE'S THE FIRST COFFEE!?"

The youngsters groaned and put down their loathsome instruments to wait on the group.

"I'm Suno, by the way," she addressed all four. "I'm sort of in charge but not exactly? I'm in charge of herding Ventikids at least."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DarthContusion said:

Just like that Suno felt overwhelmed with weirdos and cranks. Four new people in a single room? Too much. Time to throw in the towel.

No, no, she couldn't do that. Favors, right? Because of the thing with the kitguns?

"So, what's the situation so far?" asked one of the sketchy looking Tenno.

She turned away from the Grineer to give a recap to sketchy Tenno #1.

"Well right now we're waiting for Eudico to give us the go ahead. It'll probably be within a couple minutes. Right now we're just. Getting to know each other, I guess. As far as I know, something, something, eating people, so we have to kidnap an egghead," she explained unhelpfully.

"Can I get you and your friend-" she gestured at the knife juggling sketchy Tenno #2, "-a coffee? Let me get you a coffee. HEY GET THESE TWO A COFFEE! AND WHERE'S THE FIRST COFFEE!?"

The youngsters groaned and put down their loathsome instruments to wait on the group.

"I'm Suno, by the way," she addressed all four. "I'm sort of in charge but not exactly? I'm in charge of herding Ventikids at least."

"Well I'm Kacilius Venrai. The Ash Prime over there is Vlad. I'd... try not to get on the bad side of him." He said with a slight smile. "Vlad doesn't drink coffee, but I'll gladly take one."

While Kacilius was talking with Suno, Vlad's hand slipped, causing the two Despair knives to clatter on the ground. He swiftly stepped on them, slid them towards the wall, flipped them onto his feet and kicked them into the air before swiping his hand and catching the two in a reverse grip and slotting the two knives back into his hip holster. Vlad then discreetly opened a private channel to Kacilius. "When are we going to kill some Corpus? I'm itching for a fight." Kacilius quietly tapped his helmet. "Vlad, just wait a bit. We can kill some Corpus after we receive whatever info we have." Vlad just grunted. "Tell the Gara that the VIP is mine."

Kacilius sighed. "So something in the Vallis, eating people? Alright, I'm guessing there's not really much information." Vlad flung a Despair knife at the table, sticking it right next to Kacilius' hand. "Vlad, just juggle your Despair for a bit longer. We should head out in a bit." Kacilius said while tossing the knife back.

Edited by EpicdudeX
Removing a line that didn't fit in
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

"What--" The tall arson eximus stepped back slightly as the coffee mug was pressed into her hands.  "Uh.  Is this for me?"  "Probably," her sister answered, with a hint of amusement in her voice.  The tall eximus frowned and said, "You're not being very helpful."

The arctic eximus regarded Suno eyelessly, waiting for her to finish asking questions before answering in a grumpy monotone with a slight twang of sarcasm.  "Cressa is alive, and guns shoot.  I'm not going to talk about important things in here, but if you want juicy gossip, I've got plenty of that."  She shrugged.  "And why we're here?  Why wouldn't we be?  If there's something dangerous out there, anybody who might want to do anything in the area would want to know about it."

Suno turned back to the Grineer and threw up her hands.

"Well, Steel Meridian seems primarily concerned with the earth sphere, but- well, forget it. Waste of time, I know, I know." She kind of wanted to know the gossip, but that could wait. If it had to. The sketchy Tenno were getting antsy.

Little Duck began talking, looking very tired.

"Alright, you lot. We don't have all the intel we want yet, so I'll make this simple. Our friend here," she gestured to the Corpus, "has provided us with enough data to break into a Corpus facility without too much trouble. We only get one shot, so if you muck it up, you have to make do. Understand?"

Eudico took over where she left off.

"Right. We're going to kidnap a Corpus scientist. He may or may not be cooperative. Use any means to extract the information, but he has to be alive at the end of the operation, right? A-L-I-V-E." She looked directly at Vlad.

It was Biz's turn:

"Now the first obstacle you're going to face is, er, dismantling the Corpus barrier just outside Fortuna. Limiting access to the Vallis is the first smart thing Nef has done here, but, unfortunately, it's too little, too late, and we need to get past it because he's not the only one with people missing, and we care about ours an awful lot more than he does his." Biz gently patted the Corpus informant on the shoulder. "We aren't looking for a bloodbath here, but if they don't back off, well, do what you have to."

Eudico spoke again:

"Alright, I'll mark the locations on your maps. We're ready to go as soon as everyone's done here. If we get any reinforcements, we'll send them your way. Stay in touch."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2020-12-22 at 2:18 PM, DarthContusion said:

Suno turned back to the Grineer and threw up her hands.

"Well, Steel Meridian seems primarily concerned with the earth sphere, but- well, forget it. Waste of time, I know, I know." She kind of wanted to know the gossip, but that could wait. If it had to. The sketchy Tenno were getting antsy.

Little Duck began talking, looking very tired.

"Alright, you lot. We don't have all the intel we want yet, so I'll make this simple. Our friend here," she gestured to the Corpus, "has provided us with enough data to break into a Corpus facility without too much trouble. We only get one shot, so if you muck it up, you have to make do. Understand?"

Eudico took over where she left off.

"Right. We're going to kidnap a Corpus scientist. He may or may not be cooperative. Use any means to extract the information, but he has to be alive at the end of the operation, right? A-L-I-V-E." She looked directly at Vlad.

It was Biz's turn:

"Now the first obstacle you're going to face is, er, dismantling the Corpus barrier just outside Fortuna. Limiting access to the Vallis is the first smart thing Nef has done here, but, unfortunately, it's too little, too late, and we need to get past it because he's not the only one with people missing, and we care about ours an awful lot more than he does his." Biz gently patted the Corpus informant on the shoulder. "We aren't looking for a bloodbath here, but if they don't back off, well, do what you have to."

Eudico spoke again:

"Alright, I'll mark the locations on your maps. We're ready to go as soon as everyone's done here. If we get any reinforcements, we'll send them your way. Stay in touch."

Vlad just shrugged. "That depends. I'll try not to spill too much blood." He said in a deep grumble. Kacilius replaced his helmet. "Well, if that's the briefing, I'm ready." He stood up and walked over to Vlad. "Seriously, don't straight up kill them. Just smack them in the head hard enough to knock em out, not straight up kill them." Kacilius warned Vlad. "We both know about our grudges, but we're operating with Vox Solaris, not by ourselves. Try to shelve the bloodlust until we get the green light." Vlad unholstered his Dread and twirled it. "I need something to shoot at." He walked out the back room and towards the elevator to the surface. Kacilius sighed with a slight chuckle. "I'll go check on Vlad to make sure he doesn't kill anyone. Sorry about that. Now..." He ran out the back room to follow Vlad.

Edited by EpicdudeX
Removing a line that didn't fit in
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, DarthContusion said:

Eudico spoke again:

"Alright, I'll mark the locations on your maps. We're ready to go as soon as everyone's done here. If we get any reinforcements, we'll send them your way. Stay in touch."

The arson eximus held up a hand, still holding the coffee in the other.  "Do we get any food before we go?  I burn calories in a very literal sense."

4 hours ago, EpicdudeX said:

"Well I'm Kacilius Venrai. The Ash Prime over there is Vlad. I'd... try not to get on the bad side of him."

3 hours ago, EpicdudeX said:

Vlad just shrugged. "That depends. I'll try not to spill too much blood." He said in a deep grumble. Kacilius replaced his helmet. "Well, if that's the briefing, I'm ready." He stood up and walked over to Vlad. "Seriously, don't straight up kill them. Just smack them in the head hard enough to knock em out, not straight up kill them." Kacilius warned Vlad. "We both know about our grudges, but we're operating with Vox Solaris, not by ourselves. Try to shelve the bloodlust until we get the green light." Vlad unholstered his Dread and twirled it. "I need something to shoot at." He walked out the back room and towards the elevator to the surface. Kacilius sighed with a slight chuckle. "I'll go check on Vlad to make sure he doesn't kill anyone. Sorry about that. Now..." He ran out the back room to follow Vlad.

The arctic eximus elbowed Kacilius as he passed her.  "You realize, right, that saying not to get on that guy's bad side is an invitation to do exactly that, right?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

The arctic eximus elbowed Kacilius as he passed her.  "You realize, right, that saying not to get on that guy's bad side is an invitation to do exactly that, right?"

Kacilius shrugged. "If you want to be dismembered, stabbed through the heart, then decapacitated while he tears out each individual organ from your lifeless body, then I'm not stopping you." He said while leaving the room. Vlad was waiting next to the elevator. "Are they going to join us?" "Well, with you rushing out, I have no idea." Kacilius cracked his knuckles. "Since you're itching for a fight, let's warm up with some sparring, eh?"

Without hesitating, Vlad leapt back while flinging three Despair knives at Kacilius. Kacilius smiled before unsheathing his Glaive and spinning it to catch the knives. "Nice. But not fast enough." Kacilius flicked the knives into his free hand as he threw his Glaive at Vlad's feet. Vlad unsheathed his Nikana Prime and stepped on the Glaive, catching it slightly with the blade of his Nikana and redirecting it back towards Kacilius. Kacilius flicked out his Ceti Lacera, catching his Glaive with the whip end before throwing the Despair back at Vlad. Vlad deflected them down to the ground before dashing at Kacilius with a wide slash. Kacilius deflected the strike with the blade and retreated, sheathing his Glaive. Vlad stepped back, picking up his Despair with a flick on his Nikana. He then slid towards Kacilius, slashing his Nikana upwards. Kacilius leapt away and flung his Lacera's whip around Vlad's arm. Vlad twisted, pulling the Lacera out of Kacilius' hands. He then unwrapped the Lacera from his arm and handed it back to Kacilius. "I win this time." Vlad said as he sheathed his Nikana. Kacilius chuckled. "Still sharp as always. Did that help a bit?" Vlad nodded. "So now we wait. I kinda enjoy waiting. Makes the kill more satisfying." "Like I said earlier, unconscious, not dead. But yes, waiting sometimes pays off."

Edited by EpicdudeX
Typo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

The arson eximus held up a hand, still holding the coffee in the other.  "Do we get any food before we go?  I burn calories in a very literal sense."

The arctic eximus elbowed Kacilius as he passed her.  "You realize, right, that saying not to get on that guy's bad side is an invitation to do exactly that, right?"

Suno was feeling like she would prefer hanging out with the Ventikids after all. She quickly rustled up a kid who rustled up some pastries for the hungry Grineer. They were called "donuts," but they were clearly not "donuts." They were more like sugared hardtack. They did, however, contain the calories that the arson eximus seemed to crave.

As the pastry-adjacent food changed hands, she hoped that at least she and the arson eximus might get along even if no one else did, but, she was not a people person and did not know how to make friends. There was one topic of conversation maybe she could get out of the arctic eximus.

"How about you tell me some of that juicy gossip, huh?" she said, feigning some sort of enthusiasm.

1 hour ago, EpicdudeX said:

Kacilius shrugged. "If you want to be dismembered, stabbed through the heart, then decapacitated while he tears out each individual organ from your lifeless body, then I'm not stopping you." He said while leaving the room. Vlad was waiting next to the elevator. "Are they going to join us?" "Well, with you rushing out, I have no idea." Kacilius cracked his knuckles. "Since you're itching for a fight, let's warm up with some sparring, eh?"

Without hesitating, Vlad leapt back while flinging three Despair knives at Kacilius. Kacilius smiled before unsheathing his Glaive and spinning it to catch the knives. "Nice. But not fast enough." Kacilius flicked the knives into his free hand as he threw his Glaive at Vlad's feet. Vlad unsheathed his Nikana Prime and stepped on the Glaive, catching it slightly with the blade of his Nikana and redirecting it back towards Kacilius. Kacilius flicked out his Ceti Lacera, catching his Glaive with the whip end before throwing the Despair back at Vlad. Vlad deflected them down to the ground before dashing at Kacilius with a wide slash. Kacilius deflected the strike with the blade and retreated, sheathing his Glaive. Vlad stepped back, picking up his Despair with a flick on his Nikana. He then slid towards Kacilius, slashing his Nikana upwards. Kacilius leapt away and flung his Lacera's whip around Vlad's arm. Vlad twisted, pulling the Lacera out of Kacilius' hands. He then unwrapped the Lacera from his arm and handed it back to Kacilius. "I win this time." Vlad said as he sheathed his Nikana. Kacilius chuckled. "Still sharp as always. Did that help a bit?" Vlad nodded. "So now we wait. I kinda enjoy waiting. Makes the kill more satisfying." "Like I said earlier, unconscious, not dead. But yes, waiting sometimes pays off."

She was not feeling any enthusiasm at all truth be told, she was feeling deep existential dread, which only intensified as she stepped out into Fortuna to see the sketchy Tenno sparring near the exit from the bustling colony. Glass began to spin in the air around her as her anxiety sky-rocketed. She let out a noise like a choking Kubrodon as they finished their dangerous dance of knives and swords, nearly apoplectic at the antics but relieved that they had not caused any casualties (or real property damage). As she started breathing again, glass that had been accumulating in the air dissolved back into nothing.

"Wha- What do you think you're doing out in broad-" she gestured up at the various light sources in Fortuna, none of which could be called 'daylight,' "What if someone- What if-!" her speech devolved into unintelligible yet clearly frustrated noises.

Was this one of those, uh, one of those gender things? One of the things about men that women complained about on social media? Probably not, but she'd never had a very strong grasp on the subject of gender to begin with.

"This is another milk carton incident just waiting to happen! Do you know how long it took for me to, and the whole thing was such a mess!" she was losing the thread quickly and getting lost in the ornate halls of her mind palace. "I can't even look at a K-Drive anymore. Do you understand?"

Her glass armor clattered furiously in response to her feelings. Indeed, the clinking sound was what brought her back down to reality. She breathed in and out deeply several times before walking directly into the elevator like no one else was even there. She muttered to herself, "It's fine, it's fine, it's fine."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, DarthContusion said:

Suno was feeling like she would prefer hanging out with the Ventikids after all. She quickly rustled up a kid who rustled up some pastries for the hungry Grineer. They were called "donuts," but they were clearly not "donuts." They were more like sugared hardtack. They did, however, contain the calories that the arson eximus seemed to crave.

As the pastry-adjacent food changed hands, she hoped that at least she and the arson eximus might get along even if no one else did, but, she was not a people person and did not know how to make friends. There was one topic of conversation maybe she could get out of the arctic eximus.

"How about you tell me some of that juicy gossip, huh?" she said, feigning some sort of enthusiasm.

She was not feeling any enthusiasm at all truth be told, she was feeling deep existential dread, which only intensified as she stepped out into Fortuna to see the sketchy Tenno sparring near the exit from the bustling colony. Glass began to spin in the air around her as her anxiety sky-rocketed. She let out a noise like a choking Kubrodon as they finished their dangerous dance of knives and swords, nearly apoplectic at the antics but relieved that they had not caused any casualties (or real property damage). As she started breathing again, glass that had been accumulating in the air dissolved back into nothing.

"Wha- What do you think you're doing out in broad-" she gestured up at the various light sources in Fortuna, none of which could be called 'daylight,' "What if someone- What if-!" her speech devolved into unintelligible yet clearly frustrated noises.

Was this one of those, uh, one of those gender things? One of the things about men that women complained about on social media? Probably not, but she'd never had a very strong grasp on the subject of gender to begin with.

"This is another milk carton incident just waiting to happen! Do you know how long it took for me to, and the whole thing was such a mess!" she was losing the thread quickly and getting lost in the ornate halls of her mind palace. "I can't even look at a K-Drive anymore. Do you understand?"

Her glass armor clattered furiously in response to her feelings. Indeed, the clinking sound was what brought her back down to reality. She breathed in and out deeply several times before walking directly into the elevator like no one else was even there. She muttered to herself, "It's fine, it's fine, it's fine."

"We just warmed up and traded blows, was that not allowed?" Kacilius said. Vlad just quietly watched Suno walk into the elevator. "Seems like she still doesn't have much control." Vlad smirked. "Can't even speak clearly when agitated." Kacilius shrugged. "I mean, we contained our sparring. No one got hurt and nothing got destroyed, so..." He looked at the elevator.  "Should we enter the elevator? I don't know about you, but..." Vlad just walked past Kacilius as he spoke. "Hey, wait!" Kacilius ran to follow Vlad, who was leaning against the corner. Kacilius walked over next to Vlad and opened a private channel to Suno. "Hey there, sorry about our show. Don't worry, we both knew what we were doing. Are you alright?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, EpicdudeX said:

"We just warmed up and traded blows, was that not allowed?" Kacilius said. Vlad just quietly watched Suno walk into the elevator. "Seems like she still doesn't have much control." Vlad smirked. "Can't even speak clearly when agitated." Kacilius shrugged. "I mean, we contained our sparring. No one got hurt and nothing got destroyed, so..." He looked at the elevator.  "Should we enter the elevator? I don't know about you, but..." Vlad just walked past Kacilius as he spoke. "Hey, wait!" Kacilius ran to follow Vlad, who was leaning against the corner. Kacilius walked over next to Vlad and opened a private channel to Suno. "Hey there, sorry about our show. Don't worry, we both knew what we were doing. Are you alright?"

Suno couldn't decide whether to answer for a few seconds. Finally, she broke her silence.

"Yeah, I'm alright. You'll just be lucky if Eudico doesn't hear you had weapons out on the inside." She didn't mean it to sound like a threat, Eudico sure wouldn't find out from her. "Biz scares me sometimes, and if you have any brains at all you'd be careful getting on his bad side too."

This was probably a profound mischaracterization of Biz, but Suno was still a little high strung.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A bit later, Dante had just finished a visit to the vent kids “club house” as they wanted to see his purple velocipod that he had bounded with. How they managed to get that information outside of Fortuna and orb valis remains a mystery for him. In any case, he would then wander toward the “back room” after a short moment, spotting familiar faces or lack of faces cause of the whole half robot, half human look. Searching the room with his gaze, he noticed that he was the only non Solaris person in the room, with the exception of the the nervous looking corpus guy, most likely the infomat of this mission.

”Did I arrive here early or did the “party” already leave for the mission?” He asked in a quite neutral tone with a hint of curiosity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2020-12-22 at 11:42 PM, DarthContusion said:

Suno was feeling like she would prefer hanging out with the Ventikids after all. She quickly rustled up a kid who rustled up some pastries for the hungry Grineer. They were called "donuts," but they were clearly not "donuts." They were more like sugared hardtack. They did, however, contain the calories that the arson eximus seemed to crave.

As the pastry-adjacent food changed hands, she hoped that at least she and the arson eximus might get along even if no one else did, but, she was not a people person and did not know how to make friends. There was one topic of conversation maybe she could get out of the arctic eximus.

"How about you tell me some of that juicy gossip, huh?" she said, feigning some sort of enthusiasm.

The arson eximus ate quickly and efficiently, eager to fill her stomach.  Not one crumb escaped.  With a grateful smile and a quick "Thanks," she turned to follow her sister to the door, covering the distance in only a couple strides.  As she was about to duck through the door again, Suno's attention was drawn to the two tenno sparring, and both eximus drew back from the flying glass until Suno calmed down.

"I'd offer you a hug," said the taller one matter-of-factly, "but I really don't think that would be safe."
 

On 2020-12-26 at 11:50 AM, WolfmanX9 said:

”Did I arrive here early or did the “party” already leave for the mission?” He asked in a quite neutral tone with a hint of curiosity.

The arctic eximus answered him.  "Not quite.  We're just leaving now."

Edited by UnremarkableUsername
fixed a few typos
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

The arctic eximus answered him.  "Not quite.  We're just leaving now."

“Well then, I didn’t expect to see grineers being on this mission as well. A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one” he responded to the grineer who he assumed was a member of steel meridian. A group that he was part of briefly in the past and while he may not be in said group no more, at least Clem is all so kind to chat with him, even if all he says are “Clem” and “Grakata”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Suno was feeling more and more embarrassed about her outburst. It wasn't as though she had a lot of control, which just made it more embarrassing. But what irritated her more was that she was the irrational one here. True, she wasn't that good at expressing herself, and she got lost in her own mind, but was it really that irrational to be mad at sketchy Tenno pulling out their weapons and chucking knives in a civilian zone? Sure, maybe they knew what they were doing, or so they claimed, but Suno didn't know that with any confidence and neither did the Solaris.

She irritably brushed off the Arson Eximus.

"Enough. I don't need a hug or a floof or anything else. When we're done," she paused to make an exasperated movement with her hands, "showing off, we have business to take care of."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2020-12-24 at 12:02 PM, DarthContusion said:

Suno couldn't decide whether to answer for a few seconds. Finally, she broke her silence.

"Yeah, I'm alright. You'll just be lucky if Eudico doesn't hear you had weapons out on the inside." She didn't mean it to sound like a threat, Eudico sure wouldn't find out from her. "Biz scares me sometimes, and if you have any brains at all you'd be careful getting on his bad side too."

This was probably a profound mischaracterization of Biz, but Suno was still a little high strung.

21 hours ago, DarthContusion said:

Suno was feeling more and more embarrassed about her outburst. It wasn't as though she had a lot of control, which just made it more embarrassing. But what irritated her more was that she was the irrational one here. True, she wasn't that good at expressing herself, and she got lost in her own mind, but was it really that irrational to be mad at sketchy Tenno pulling out their weapons and chucking knives in a civilian zone? Sure, maybe they knew what they were doing, or so they claimed, but Suno didn't know that with any confidence and neither did the Solaris.

She irritably brushed off the Arson Eximus.

"Enough. I don't need a hug or a floof or anything else. When we're done," she paused to make an exasperated movement with her hands, "showing off, we have business to take care of."

"Alright. We'll keep that warning in mind." Kacilius said as he closed the channel. He noticed the two Grineer arrive. "Ah, the Steel Meridians are here." Kacilius fiddled his fingers. Usually Vlad was the one who got inpatient when there were things to kill. Yet even he was starting to get inpatient himself. Vlad began spinning a Despair knife around his fingers again. "Is everyone here now?" Vlad said with a bored, albeit sharp tone. "I'm actually also getting bored of waiting now." Kacilius added.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

"Alright. We'll keep that warning in mind." Kacilius said as he closed the channel. He noticed the two Grineer arrive. "Ah, the Steel Meridians are here." Kacilius fiddled his fingers. Usually Vlad was the one who got inpatient when there were things to kill. Yet even he was starting to get inpatient himself. Vlad began spinning a Despair knife around his fingers again. "Is everyone here now?" Vlad said with a bored, albeit sharp tone. "I'm actually also getting bored of waiting now." Kacilius added.

 

“Ahem, I’m here too you know” he said in a mildly annoyed tone.

”Anyway...I suppose I could share my name with you guys. Names Dante” he would then bow a bit to show some decency. First impressions is important after all or so he has been told by a friend of his.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Alright, two sketchy Tenno, two Grineer, and... Dante. All accounted for?" Suno asked, not really caring if all were accounted for. Hopefully everyone was in the elevator by that point. She slammed the elevator button. "Up we go."

The door opened again with a the roar of all the warm air fleeing the elevator. Just as had been predicted, there was a barricade. Three beam-barriers were erected, the first parallel to the door and the other two at angles to it blocking the Vallis from anyone who couldn't make a good eight foot jump. A good two dozen snipers were pointing their guns at the gang too. A foreman holding a very large shotgun approached the group.

"Get out of here. There's trouble out here, and if you're looking for it, I'll give it to you," he said gruffly.

"I do NOT feel like arguing today," Suno said, not exactly to anyone in particular. She decided she would make the first move. Maybe that would assuage any doubts about her competence. Or maybe they'd just think she was just as bloodthirsty as they were. She supposed Tenno couldn't be too choosy about their impressions.

She blasted her glass wall outwards, encompassing the foreman and blocking the first immediate volley of gunfire. It didn't seem like any of them were going to run.

She let the foreman sit there for now, struggling against his glass prison.

She turned to her comrades and gestured broadly at the situation in front of them.

"You're up."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The arctic eximus stepped forward.  "Cover me," she said, calmly but firmly, in no hurry.  Taking a wide, rooted stance just in front of the laser barrier, she held her hands together in front of her, and inhaled deeply.  As she exhaled, she thrust her palms out to the sides.

A ridge of ice extended from each foot like a molehill, and as it approached the barrier, it swooped upward into a thick pillar on each side, blocking the barrier.  Steam hissed where the lasers struck the ice, but the Eximus held her stance, pushing more ice into the two pillars.

"Through," she said.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DarthContusion said:

"Alright, two sketchy Tenno, two Grineer, and... Dante. All accounted for?" Suno asked, not really caring if all were accounted for. Hopefully everyone was in the elevator by that point. She slammed the elevator button. "Up we go."

The door opened again with a the roar of all the warm air fleeing the elevator. Just as had been predicted, there was a barricade. Three beam-barriers were erected, the first parallel to the door and the other two at angles to it blocking the Vallis from anyone who couldn't make a good eight foot jump. A good two dozen snipers were pointing their guns at the gang too. A foreman holding a very large shotgun approached the group.

"Get out of here. There's trouble out here, and if you're looking for it, I'll give it to you," he said gruffly.

"I do NOT feel like arguing today," Suno said, not exactly to anyone in particular. She decided she would make the first move. Maybe that would assuage any doubts about her competence. Or maybe they'd just think she was just as bloodthirsty as they were. She supposed Tenno couldn't be too choosy about their impressions.

She blasted her glass wall outwards, encompassing the foreman and blocking the first immediate volley of gunfire. It didn't seem like any of them were going to run.

She let the foreman sit there for now, struggling against his glass prison.

She turned to her comrades and gestured broadly at the situation in front of them.

"You're up."

Kacilius rubbed his hands in glee. Vlad just palmed several Despair and threw them at the Corpus Crewmen, hitting three of them in the head. "Vlad, nonlethal!" Kacilius yelled as he threw his Glaive at the snipers to the left. He whipped out his Ceti Lacera, wrapping the whip end around a Crewman's throat and slamming them to the wall. Vlad grumbled as he Teleported past the barrier onto a Corpus, Smoke Screened, and wacked several Corpus unconscious in the head with his Nikana. Kacilius cast Rest against two other snipers on the right and jumped through the barrier, slightly singing his leg as it grazed the beam. "Ow!" He grabbed his leg while casting Pacify. "They're weak, take them!" Vlad Teleported over to Kacilius and Smoke Screened. "You good?" Kacilius nodded. "The three earlier... where did you hit them?" "The eye. Don't worry, they'll survive, just with one eye left." Kacilius sighed. "Alright."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With Dante observing for a bit over the actions that his teammates did, he decided to finally step in. He had transferred into his Irkalla nekros during the elevator ride while he had waited for said elevator to stop. 

He would then casually walk out of the elevator, passing the barrier thanks to the arctic eximus grineer, standing in the middle of the corpus group or as middle as he could to then let out one of his signature move, terrify, only affecting the corpus crewmember's. Maybe this would teach them to mess with the tenno and allies alike. Just in case, he brought out his glaive onto his right hand, in case of any stray energy bullets that flew toward him so he could block them with ease. He didn't say anything after his move, just standing there out in the open, ready for anything with laser focused attention.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • DarthContusion changed the title to [IC] Depths of the Vallis (dead)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...