Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[IC] Depths of the Vallis (dead)

DarthContusion

28 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

Vlad looked around for a way to knock the spidery creature off the cliff. "I can make Shadow Clones to distract and take out its legs. After that, I'm dropping down to check out Kacilius." Vlad weaved through the falling stalactites, slashing at the creature's legs while creating several Shadow Clones to push the creature towards the edge.

4 minutes ago, DarthContusion said:

Hearing her comrades mention trying to push the beast off the ledge, Suno activated mass vitrify. There was no aiming the skill with limited use of her arms, but it might glass the critter's legs and make it easier to shove around.

Dante then got an idea so crazy that it might work. He holster his current weapons, dash, bullet jump and rolled his way toward the beast. Once he was less than a meter away from said creature, he moved his right arm back, clutched his fist, charge it with his energy to then cast his soul punch ability right at the face of the creature while yelling "Soooul punch!", sending a violent surge of shadow void energy through his arm to the end of his fist. This caused a shadow image of the creature's soul to briefly pop out before it vanished. 

Either this crazy plan of his worked and said beast was flung over the edge or he was in for a world of pain.

15 hours ago, WolfmanX9 said:

Dante then got an idea so crazy that it might work. He holster his current weapons, dash, bullet jump and rolled his way toward the beast. Once he was less than a meter away from said creature, he moved his right arm back, clutched his fist, charge it with his energy to then cast his soul punch ability right at the face of the creature while yelling "Soooul punch!", sending a violent surge of shadow void energy through his arm to the end of his fist. This caused a shadow image of the creature's soul to briefly pop out before it vanished. 

Either this crazy plan of his worked and said beast was flung over the edge or he was in for a world of pain.

The creature didn't really have a soul, but it was the thought that counted. The beast was not flung, but it was shoved. And that shove was enough to throw the thing over the edge. Suno scrambled out from under it as it went tipped over on a one-way trip to the bottom.

On 2021-04-10 at 9:02 PM, EpicdudeX said:

Vlad looked around for a way to knock the spidery creature off the cliff. "I can make Shadow Clones to distract and take out its legs. After that, I'm dropping down to check out Kacilius." Vlad weaved through the falling stalactites, slashing at the creature's legs while creating several Shadow Clones to push the creature towards the edge.

Meanwhile, in the chasm, Kacilius was cursing out Vlad. "Vlad, you %$#$." He continued to grumble when something nearby cracked. Kacilius stopped and readied his Velox. "What was that?" He slowly got up and aimed in the direction of the sound. Suddenly, cracks started erupting around Kacilius. Harsh screeches began to fill the air. "That's not good."

A large, deformed creature emerged from the shadows. Three heads sprouted from an enormous blob of flesh held up by three legs. An Infested stench emitted from the creature, and turned all three heads to look at Kacilius. "That's Lephantis." Another creature walked out behind Kacilius. "That's another Lephantis. Wait, another?" Two more creatures appeared from the sides. "Don't tell me this is a Lephantis nest." The sound of bursting flesh told Kacilius that yes, it was a Lephantis nest.

Kacilius swapped to Day Form and activated Maim. The (whatever the plural of Lephantis is, I'm just going to use Lephanti for now) Lephanti screeched and swung their scythe heads in formation, stabbing Kacilius and lifting him up. Kacilius screamed in pain and flailed as the Lephanti started cocooning him in Spore Bombs. Can't... move... Kacilius fell unconscious as he became completely covered in Spore Grenades. The Lephanti then placed him in a corner and started roaming around in the nest.

Vlad heard a faint scream from the chasm. "Not good." He ran over to the edge and jumped down, landing on a pile of mutilated Corpus bodies. Vlad wiped the gore off his frame and looked around. "Kacilius! Where are you!" A Lephantis snuck up behind Vlad and screeched. Vlad Smoke Screened and Teleported onto the Lephantis as it swung its scythe head. "Suno, Dante, we have an Infestation problem here. Anak, Kelekh, stay up there if you can." He saw a white spike poking out of a mass of Spore Bombs. "Kacilius is down. Repeat, Kacilius is down." Another Lephantis screeched and started spitting Toxin Grenades. Lephantis nest. Vlad created as many Shadow Clones as he could. "I need backup. We've got a Lephantis nest down here. I can't buy too much time."

On 2021-04-12 at 4:36 PM, EpicdudeX said:

Kacilius swapped to Day Form and activated Maim. The (whatever the plural of Lephantis is, I'm just going to use Lephanti for now) Lephanti screeched and swung their scythe heads in formation, stabbing Kacilius and lifting him up. Kacilius screamed in pain and flailed as the Lephanti started cocooning him in Spore Bombs. Can't... move... Kacilius fell unconscious as he became completely covered in Spore Grenades. The Lephanti then placed him in a corner and started roaming around in the nest.

Vlad heard a faint scream from the chasm. "Not good." He ran over to the edge and jumped down, landing on a pile of mutilated Corpus bodies. Vlad wiped the gore off his frame and looked around. "Kacilius! Where are you!" A Lephantis snuck up behind Vlad and screeched. Vlad Smoke Screened and Teleported onto the Lephantis as it swung its scythe head. "Suno, Dante, we have an Infestation problem here. Anak, Kelekh, stay up there if you can." He saw a white spike poking out of a mass of Spore Bombs. "Kacilius is down. Repeat, Kacilius is down." Another Lephantis screeched and started spitting Toxin Grenades. Lephantis nest. Vlad created as many Shadow Clones as he could. "I need backup. We've got a Lephantis nest down here. I can't buy too much time."

Dante heard Vlad's message loud and clear.

"Got it" he responded back as he looked down from the edge of the cliff, knocking down a small rock down the cliff by accident. It was so deep that he couldn't see the bottom of it. He would then turn his attention to the group

"Bad news, there's a group of Lephantis down at the bottom of the pit and Kacilius is down. I suggest that we split up the group into two teams. Team Alpha continue with our current mission while team Beta goes down the pit and help the other with the insfestation problem. Consider it's the infested, I don't think that any non tenno should go down there"

3 hours ago, WolfmanX9 said:

Dante heard Vlad's message loud and clear.

"Got it" he responded back as he looked down from the edge of the cliff, knocking down a small rock down the cliff by accident. It was so deep that he couldn't see the bottom of it. He would then turn his attention to the group

"Bad news, there's a group of Lephantis down at the bottom of the pit and Kacilius is down. I suggest that we split up the group into two teams. Team Alpha continue with our current mission while team Beta goes down the pit and help the other with the insfestation problem. Consider it's the infested, I don't think that any non tenno should go down there"

"Really?"  Anak held up her hand, and a flame rose from her palm.

Kelekh crouched at the edge, concentrating.  Ice grew under the ledge.

18 hours ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

"Really?"  Anak held up her hand, and a flame rose from her palm.

Kelekh crouched at the edge, concentrating.  Ice grew under the ledge.

“You two aren’t thinking of going down there, right? Not that I think you can’t do it, but it might be pretty dangerous. However, if you two want to go down there, I won’t stop you. It’s your choice after all” he explained his “reasoning” on what he thought. He then look at Suno, offered her his hand.

”You feeling ok?” He casually asked Suno

"I'm fine," Suno said a bit dismissively. She took the extended hand and hauled herself up.

"I think we should wipe these jerks out before they become a problem later," she said, aiming the scope of her Komorex down into the chasm and taking a deep breath. "We'll get picked off one by one if we split up down here, remember? Those infested were probably hibernating. My bet is that either the Corpus or our new friends woke them up."

Through the inky darkness, she caught enough of a glimpse of one of the monsters to take aim at one of its heads and opened fire with explosive rounds.

3 hours ago, DarthContusion said:

"I'm fine," Suno said a bit dismissively. She took the extended hand and hauled herself up.

"I think we should wipe these jerks out before they become a problem later," she said, aiming the scope of her Komorex down into the chasm and taking a deep breath. "We'll get picked off one by one if we split up down here, remember? Those infested were probably hibernating. My bet is that either the Corpus or our new friends woke them up."

Through the inky darkness, she caught enough of a glimpse of one of the monsters to take aim at one of its heads and opened fire with explosive rounds.

“Now that you put it that way, I guess you do have a great point. Dismiss my idea and go with Suno’s idea instead. Question is, how should we get down there safely?” He would then ponder an idea or two

On 2021-04-11 at 1:00 PM, DarthContusion said:

The creature didn't really have a soul, but it was the thought that counted. The beast was not flung, but it was shoved. And that shove was enough to throw the thing over the edge. Suno scrambled out from under it as it went tipped over on a one-way trip to the bottom.

The creature crashed to the ground below with a pained screech. It was then promptly devoured by the Lephanti. Vlad took this chance to Teleport over to Kacilius and started chipping away at the cocoon.

On 2021-04-12 at 10:36 AM, EpicdudeX said:

As the Infested did its work, Kacilius found himself in a strange, dark place. Where am I? He looked around. A large Infested creature approached him from the shadows. Kacilius raised his hand and tried to cast Rest before noticing he was only in his Emissary suit. What? Where? How? The creature came closer before performing a slight bow. "Master..."  What? Did that just call me its master? "Yes, I did." "Wha-" Kacilius stumbled backwards. "What are you?"

"I am the Infested that grows within you. We have almost merged."

"Infested inside me? What do you mean?"

"The Suit. I believe you call it the 'Emissary Suit'? I am that Suit."

"But what do you mean by merging?"

"You should already know."

“I really @#$&ing don’t wanna down there, but…” Suno mumbled to herself, an unfortunate series of events forming in her mind. Now was not the time for hesitation. Now was the time for sick moves that would get you killed.

She took careful aim through the scope of the Komorex, trying to determine at least one Lephantis’ exact position, and, once she was satisfied with her target, hurled herself off the cliff, throwing down a glass ramp as she went to reduce the impact at the bottom. She flipped off the ramp, raising the dreaded zaw Pickle Slicer above her head, and spun her body vertically to embed the blade directly through the center of one of the Lephanti’s heads and cleave through its flesh on her trip down to the floor of the cavern.

Upon reaching the floor, she cast a small barrier around herself and Kacillius in hopes that it would deter any nasty infested projectiles if nothing else. She then switched her Komorex out of sniping mode and started taking pot-shots at the things’ heads.

On 2021-04-18 at 5:42 PM, UnremarkableUsername said:

Kelekh crouched on the edge, aiming her gun down into the abyss.  "I'm not going down there.  I was just strengthening the edge."
She took a shot, and glanced at Anak as she reloaded.  "You'll have to be careful though."

"Yeah..." Anak  regarded the icy edge with a concerned look.  "I'll watch the back."

"I see. In that case, see you two in a moment, depending how it goes down there" 

Dante would then walk to the edge, bring out his Tatsu from his back and looks down the the dark pit of infested nightmare. He would then back away a bit from the pit, sprint toward it and then while he was in mid-air, he deployed his k-drive that appeared below his feets. Gravity then kicked in as he started to fall down quite rapidly, but once he saw the glims of a lephantis head, he used his body to move over to said head and started to grind down the spine of the beast. While he was grinding down, he planted his two handed nikana into the spin and let it drag behind him as he kept on grinding all the way down to the top of the middle body. Once at the middle body, he lept into the air, still having his Tatsu with him as he then went for a downward stab with said weapon, aiming toward the middle of the body. If the sword was now partially in the body, he would take the opportunity to blast the wound with one of his Kohmak while holding onto Tatsu in his other hand

• 1 month later...

The combined efforts of the Tenno eviscerated the Lephantis. Infested gore filled the air and rained down on them. It was disgusting.

Biz’s voice came over the communicator. Suno sighed. She really didn’t want to deal with him.

“What the devil is happening out there? Give me a status report!”

Suno really didn’t want to give him a status report, so she outsourced it to the people least able to give an accurate status report.

“You heard the man, give him a status report,” she told the Grineer over the comms.

Looking around, she could tell the walls belonged to the sunken bottom of a corpus facility. Were these escaped lab experiments? Or was this the lab? Either way, she found a weak point in the wall and kicked it down, gaining access to the facility.

“Alright, Biz. We’re in. Give us our marks.”

After some grumbling from Biz, the data on four targets showed up on the Tenno’s HUDs.

On 2021-06-06 at 6:30 PM, DarthContusion said:

“You heard the man, give him a status report,” she told the Grineer over the comms.

Kelekh looked over the edge.
"A few Tenno on Archwing were forced to land by something big bird.  In this cave we were attacked by a very deformed warframe that was then swallowed by the earth without a trace.  There were a bunch of tiny robotic bugs and a giant organic spider, which we killed.  Also at the bottom of the cave there's an Infested nest, biggest sikkhat I ever seen.  A few Tenno fell in, but they seem to be doing okay, surprisingly."

On 2021-06-07 at 12:30 AM, DarthContusion said:

The combined efforts of the Tenno eviscerated the Lephantis. Infested gore filled the air and rained down on them. It was disgusting.

Biz’s voice came over the communicator. Suno sighed. She really didn’t want to deal with him.

“What the devil is happening out there? Give me a status report!”

Suno really didn’t want to give him a status report, so she outsourced it to the people least able to give an accurate status report.

Looking around, she could tell the walls belonged to the sunken bottom of a corpus facility. Were these escaped lab experiments? Or was this the lab? Either way, she found a weak point in the wall and kicked it down, gaining access to the facility.

“Alright, Biz. We’re in. Give us our marks.”

After some grumbling from Biz, the data on four targets showed up on the Tenno’s HUDs.

"Gotta be honest, kinda expected the fight to be longer, but I suppose it's best that it didn't last as long" he simply remarks as he picked up his k-drive, followed by pressing a button that made it vanish into him or away.

• 1 month later...

The marks appeared and quickly disappeared from the HUD.

"Biz, the marks you gave us are bogus," Suno whined.

“This is strange. They should be directly tied to their specific lifesigns. If they aren’t functioning…” there was a second of silence. “They’re dead, somehow. Get out of there, this is a wash.”

“I don’t get paid for failed missions,” Suno stubbornly insisted. Silence from the radio ensued. “Biz, are you there?”

Biz was not there. Instead the eerie music from earlier played over the comms, drowning out everything else. Suno was a little unnerved. She readied her Komorex and peered into the Corpus facility. 

The Garuda warframe peered back from inside.

“Oh, not you again,” Suno complained, taking aim immediately. 

The Garuda’s armor was cracked and battered and large chunks of it seemed to be stitched together with ethereal tentacles. It looked like it should be falling apart, but something was keeping it alive. Even though it looked just as awkward as it had before, it gave off an aura of desperation and determination.

In a stomach-churning display of power, it summoned its talons. Talon after shining, tentacular talon slid out from its flesh and filled the air, dozens chasing down each Tenno. Talons also blasted out of the inside of the facility, some dragging along hapless Corpus corpses from inside with them. There were more talons than there was oxygen down here. This creature had no intention of losing here, in the depths, on its own turf.

Instinctively, Suno cast her shards on herself and her allies, holding the talons at bay, but just barely, and only for now. She fired several shots, but all were intercepted by the damned talons filling the air with the efficiency of billowing fumes.

Damn them!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 2020-12-19 at 3:45 AM, DarthContusion said:

gazing at the steam rising up off the cup of coffee she had no intention of coming out of her Gara warframe to drink. It was probably bitter, soon it would be cold too.

This made me laugh! 

"nah ah not going to drink your bitter coffee Biz" 

Archived