Jump to content

[IC/Open] Depths of the Vallis


Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, DarthContusion said:

Suno followed Kacilius under the creature and fired a couple shots into its belly, forgetting that the Komorex was an explosive weapon and blasting herself into the ground. Now she was stuck underneath the thing, which was great, and fun, and a good time all around.

The creature was reeling from damaged pincers and a wounded eye, and let out a shriek that shook the cave walls and caused stalactites to rain down on the Tenno. Distracted by Kacilius’ and Suno’s respective gambits, it took the time to drop the considerable weight of its wounded belly on top of the hapless Suno and slashed wildly at the surrounding area in hopes of warding off its attackers.

8 minutes ago, WolfmanX9 said:

"Good thinking, see if we can somehow either lure it over the edge or maybe make the ground crack below it. I could create shadow clones of myself to distract it long enough, but they won't be as durable as shadow clones of enemies I would normally use" he informed Anak as he used one of his Kohmak's to destroy a rock that was about to hit him. In fact, he brought out his second Kohmak just in case of more falling rocks trying to hit him.

Vlad looked around for a way to knock the spidery creature off the cliff. "I can make Shadow Clones to distract and take out its legs. After that, I'm dropping down to check out Kacilius." Vlad weaved through the falling stalactites, slashing at the creature's legs while creating several Shadow Clones to push the creature towards the edge.

Meanwhile, in the chasm, Kacilius was cursing out Vlad. "Vlad, you %$#$." He continued to grumble when something nearby cracked. Kacilius stopped and readied his Velox. "What was that?" He slowly got up and aimed in the direction of the sound. Suddenly, cracks started erupting around Kacilius. Harsh screeches began to fill the air. "That's not good."

A large, deformed creature emerged from the shadows. Three heads sprouted from an enormous blob of flesh held up by three legs. An Infested stench emitted from the creature, and turned all three heads to look at Kacilius. "That's Lephantis." Another creature walked out behind Kacilius. "That's another Lephantis. Wait, another?" Two more creatures appeared from the sides. "Don't tell me this is a Lephantis nest." The sound of bursting flesh told Kacilius that yes, it was a Lephantis nest.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hearing her comrades mention trying to push the beast off the ledge, Suno activated mass vitrify. There was no aiming the skill with limited use of her arms, but it might glass the critter's legs and make it easier to shove around.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

Vlad looked around for a way to knock the spidery creature off the cliff. "I can make Shadow Clones to distract and take out its legs. After that, I'm dropping down to check out Kacilius." Vlad weaved through the falling stalactites, slashing at the creature's legs while creating several Shadow Clones to push the creature towards the edge.

4 minutes ago, DarthContusion said:

Hearing her comrades mention trying to push the beast off the ledge, Suno activated mass vitrify. There was no aiming the skill with limited use of her arms, but it might glass the critter's legs and make it easier to shove around.

Dante then got an idea so crazy that it might work. He holster his current weapons, dash, bullet jump and rolled his way toward the beast. Once he was less than a meter away from said creature, he moved his right arm back, clutched his fist, charge it with his energy to then cast his soul punch ability right at the face of the creature while yelling "Soooul punch!", sending a violent surge of shadow void energy through his arm to the end of his fist. This caused a shadow image of the creature's soul to briefly pop out before it vanished. 

Either this crazy plan of his worked and said beast was flung over the edge or he was in for a world of pain.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

15 hours ago, WolfmanX9 said:

Dante then got an idea so crazy that it might work. He holster his current weapons, dash, bullet jump and rolled his way toward the beast. Once he was less than a meter away from said creature, he moved his right arm back, clutched his fist, charge it with his energy to then cast his soul punch ability right at the face of the creature while yelling "Soooul punch!", sending a violent surge of shadow void energy through his arm to the end of his fist. This caused a shadow image of the creature's soul to briefly pop out before it vanished. 

Either this crazy plan of his worked and said beast was flung over the edge or he was in for a world of pain.

The creature didn't really have a soul, but it was the thought that counted. The beast was not flung, but it was shoved. And that shove was enough to throw the thing over the edge. Suno scrambled out from under it as it went tipped over on a one-way trip to the bottom.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2021-04-10 at 9:02 PM, EpicdudeX said:

Vlad looked around for a way to knock the spidery creature off the cliff. "I can make Shadow Clones to distract and take out its legs. After that, I'm dropping down to check out Kacilius." Vlad weaved through the falling stalactites, slashing at the creature's legs while creating several Shadow Clones to push the creature towards the edge.

Meanwhile, in the chasm, Kacilius was cursing out Vlad. "Vlad, you %$#$." He continued to grumble when something nearby cracked. Kacilius stopped and readied his Velox. "What was that?" He slowly got up and aimed in the direction of the sound. Suddenly, cracks started erupting around Kacilius. Harsh screeches began to fill the air. "That's not good."

A large, deformed creature emerged from the shadows. Three heads sprouted from an enormous blob of flesh held up by three legs. An Infested stench emitted from the creature, and turned all three heads to look at Kacilius. "That's Lephantis." Another creature walked out behind Kacilius. "That's another Lephantis. Wait, another?" Two more creatures appeared from the sides. "Don't tell me this is a Lephantis nest." The sound of bursting flesh told Kacilius that yes, it was a Lephantis nest.

Kacilius swapped to Day Form and activated Maim. The (whatever the plural of Lephantis is, I'm just going to use Lephanti for now) Lephanti screeched and swung their scythe heads in formation, stabbing Kacilius and lifting him up. Kacilius screamed in pain and flailed as the Lephanti started cocooning him in Spore Bombs. Can't... move... Kacilius fell unconscious as he became completely covered in Spore Grenades. The Lephanti then placed him in a corner and started roaming around in the nest.

Vlad heard a faint scream from the chasm. "Not good." He ran over to the edge and jumped down, landing on a pile of mutilated Corpus bodies. Vlad wiped the gore off his frame and looked around. "Kacilius! Where are you!" A Lephantis snuck up behind Vlad and screeched. Vlad Smoke Screened and Teleported onto the Lephantis as it swung its scythe head. "Suno, Dante, we have an Infestation problem here. Anak, Kelekh, stay up there if you can." He saw a white spike poking out of a mass of Spore Bombs. "Kacilius is down. Repeat, Kacilius is down." Another Lephantis screeched and started spitting Toxin Grenades. Lephantis nest. Vlad created as many Shadow Clones as he could. "I need backup. We've got a Lephantis nest down here. I can't buy too much time."

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2021-04-12 at 4:36 PM, EpicdudeX said:

Kacilius swapped to Day Form and activated Maim. The (whatever the plural of Lephantis is, I'm just going to use Lephanti for now) Lephanti screeched and swung their scythe heads in formation, stabbing Kacilius and lifting him up. Kacilius screamed in pain and flailed as the Lephanti started cocooning him in Spore Bombs. Can't... move... Kacilius fell unconscious as he became completely covered in Spore Grenades. The Lephanti then placed him in a corner and started roaming around in the nest.

Vlad heard a faint scream from the chasm. "Not good." He ran over to the edge and jumped down, landing on a pile of mutilated Corpus bodies. Vlad wiped the gore off his frame and looked around. "Kacilius! Where are you!" A Lephantis snuck up behind Vlad and screeched. Vlad Smoke Screened and Teleported onto the Lephantis as it swung its scythe head. "Suno, Dante, we have an Infestation problem here. Anak, Kelekh, stay up there if you can." He saw a white spike poking out of a mass of Spore Bombs. "Kacilius is down. Repeat, Kacilius is down." Another Lephantis screeched and started spitting Toxin Grenades. Lephantis nest. Vlad created as many Shadow Clones as he could. "I need backup. We've got a Lephantis nest down here. I can't buy too much time."

Dante heard Vlad's message loud and clear.

"Got it" he responded back as he looked down from the edge of the cliff, knocking down a small rock down the cliff by accident. It was so deep that he couldn't see the bottom of it. He would then turn his attention to the group

"Bad news, there's a group of Lephantis down at the bottom of the pit and Kacilius is down. I suggest that we split up the group into two teams. Team Alpha continue with our current mission while team Beta goes down the pit and help the other with the insfestation problem. Consider it's the infested, I don't think that any non tenno should go down there"

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WolfmanX9 said:

Dante heard Vlad's message loud and clear.

"Got it" he responded back as he looked down from the edge of the cliff, knocking down a small rock down the cliff by accident. It was so deep that he couldn't see the bottom of it. He would then turn his attention to the group

"Bad news, there's a group of Lephantis down at the bottom of the pit and Kacilius is down. I suggest that we split up the group into two teams. Team Alpha continue with our current mission while team Beta goes down the pit and help the other with the insfestation problem. Consider it's the infested, I don't think that any non tenno should go down there"

"Really?"  Anak held up her hand, and a flame rose from her palm.

Kelekh crouched at the edge, concentrating.  Ice grew under the ledge.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

"Really?"  Anak held up her hand, and a flame rose from her palm.

Kelekh crouched at the edge, concentrating.  Ice grew under the ledge.

“You two aren’t thinking of going down there, right? Not that I think you can’t do it, but it might be pretty dangerous. However, if you two want to go down there, I won’t stop you. It’s your choice after all” he explained his “reasoning” on what he thought. He then look at Suno, offered her his hand.
 

”You feeling ok?” He casually asked Suno

Link to post
Share on other sites

"I'm fine," Suno said a bit dismissively. She took the extended hand and hauled herself up.

"I think we should wipe these jerks out before they become a problem later," she said, aiming the scope of her Komorex down into the chasm and taking a deep breath. "We'll get picked off one by one if we split up down here, remember? Those infested were probably hibernating. My bet is that either the Corpus or our new friends woke them up."

Through the inky darkness, she caught enough of a glimpse of one of the monsters to take aim at one of its heads and opened fire with explosive rounds.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DarthContusion said:

"I'm fine," Suno said a bit dismissively. She took the extended hand and hauled herself up.

"I think we should wipe these jerks out before they become a problem later," she said, aiming the scope of her Komorex down into the chasm and taking a deep breath. "We'll get picked off one by one if we split up down here, remember? Those infested were probably hibernating. My bet is that either the Corpus or our new friends woke them up."

Through the inky darkness, she caught enough of a glimpse of one of the monsters to take aim at one of its heads and opened fire with explosive rounds.

“Now that you put it that way, I guess you do have a great point. Dismiss my idea and go with Suno’s idea instead. Question is, how should we get down there safely?” He would then ponder an idea or two

Link to post
Share on other sites

Kelekh crouched on the edge, aiming her gun down into the abyss.  "I'm not going down there.  I was just strengthening the edge."
She took a shot, and glanced at Anak as she reloaded.  "You'll have to be careful though."

"Yeah..." Anak  regarded the icy edge with a concerned look.  "I'll watch the back."

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2021-04-11 at 1:00 PM, DarthContusion said:

 

The creature didn't really have a soul, but it was the thought that counted. The beast was not flung, but it was shoved. And that shove was enough to throw the thing over the edge. Suno scrambled out from under it as it went tipped over on a one-way trip to the bottom.

The creature crashed to the ground below with a pained screech. It was then promptly devoured by the Lephanti. Vlad took this chance to Teleport over to Kacilius and started chipping away at the cocoon.

On 2021-04-12 at 10:36 AM, EpicdudeX said:

Kacilius swapped to Day Form and activated Maim. The (whatever the plural of Lephantis is, I'm just going to use Lephanti for now) Lephanti screeched and swung their scythe heads in formation, stabbing Kacilius and lifting him up. Kacilius screamed in pain and flailed as the Lephanti started cocooning him in Spore Bombs. Can't... move... Kacilius fell unconscious as he became completely covered in Spore Grenades. The Lephanti then placed him in a corner and started roaming around in the nest.

Vlad heard a faint scream from the chasm. "Not good." He ran over to the edge and jumped down, landing on a pile of mutilated Corpus bodies. Vlad wiped the gore off his frame and looked around. "Kacilius! Where are you!" A Lephantis snuck up behind Vlad and screeched. Vlad Smoke Screened and Teleported onto the Lephantis as it swung its scythe head. "Suno, Dante, we have an Infestation problem here. Anak, Kelekh, stay up there if you can." He saw a white spike poking out of a mass of Spore Bombs. "Kacilius is down. Repeat, Kacilius is down." Another Lephantis screeched and started spitting Toxin Grenades. Lephantis nest. Vlad created as many Shadow Clones as he could. "I need backup. We've got a Lephantis nest down here. I can't buy too much time."

As the Infested did its work, Kacilius found himself in a strange, dark place. Where am I? He looked around. A large Infested creature approached him from the shadows. Kacilius raised his hand and tried to cast Rest before noticing he was only in his Emissary suit. What? Where? How? The creature came closer before performing a slight bow. "Master..."  What? Did that just call me its master? "Yes, I did." "Wha-" Kacilius stumbled backwards. "What are you?"

"I am the Infested that grows within you. We have almost merged."

"Infested inside me? What do you mean?"

"The Suit. I believe you call it the 'Emissary Suit'? I am that Suit."

"But what do you mean by merging?"

"You should already know."

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

“I really @#$&ing don’t wanna down there, but…” Suno mumbled to herself, an unfortunate series of events forming in her mind. Now was not the time for hesitation. Now was the time for sick moves that would get you killed.

She took careful aim through the scope of the Komorex, trying to determine at least one Lephantis’ exact position, and, once she was satisfied with her target, hurled herself off the cliff, throwing down a glass ramp as she went to reduce the impact at the bottom. She flipped off the ramp, raising the dreaded zaw Pickle Slicer above her head, and spun her body vertically to embed the blade directly through the center of one of the Lephanti’s heads and cleave through its flesh on her trip down to the floor of the cavern.

Upon reaching the floor, she cast a small barrier around herself and Kacillius in hopes that it would deter any nasty infested projectiles if nothing else. She then switched her Komorex out of sniping mode and started taking pot-shots at the things’ heads.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2021-04-18 at 5:42 PM, UnremarkableUsername said:

Kelekh crouched on the edge, aiming her gun down into the abyss.  "I'm not going down there.  I was just strengthening the edge."
She took a shot, and glanced at Anak as she reloaded.  "You'll have to be careful though."

"Yeah..." Anak  regarded the icy edge with a concerned look.  "I'll watch the back."

"I see. In that case, see you two in a moment, depending how it goes down there" 

Dante would then walk to the edge, bring out his Tatsu from his back and looks down the the dark pit of infested nightmare. He would then back away a bit from the pit, sprint toward it and then while he was in mid-air, he deployed his k-drive that appeared below his feets. Gravity then kicked in as he started to fall down quite rapidly, but once he saw the glims of a lephantis head, he used his body to move over to said head and started to grind down the spine of the beast. While he was grinding down, he planted his two handed nikana into the spin and let it drag behind him as he kept on grinding all the way down to the top of the middle body. Once at the middle body, he lept into the air, still having his Tatsu with him as he then went for a downward stab with said weapon, aiming toward the middle of the body. If the sword was now partially in the body, he would take the opportunity to blast the wound with one of his Kohmak while holding onto Tatsu in his other hand

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...