Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation Orphix Venom — General Tippes & Equipment Loadout

UUDDLRLRBA_START

If you are a player who really developed your Necramechs (both of them) and polarized the hell out of them, you are going to be the ones carrying the operation (duh).

If you are a player who sold their Necramechs, because "MR Fodder" / "5 Forma, level 40? LOL" / "Meme-Strike DaBest", then you are going to be supporting the aforementioned player base.

This is my Voidrig for Orphix Venom:

ipqaFOG.jpg

There may be other Voidrigs like mine, but this Voidrig is mine, and mine alone. My Voidrig is my best friend. It is my life in Warframe. I mastered it as I mastered other parts of Warframe. Without these mods, my Voidrig is useless. Without my Voidrig, I am useless in this Warframe mission.

If you "borrow" a necramech to be in the mission, note that your Voidrig or Bonewidow will have no mods and will be crap. Players with borrowed mechs should focus on destroying the Orphix Resonators (the sentient crystal things) so you leave the players with the most firepower to start hammering the Orphix once it opens up. I did buy a few mods (chiefly health regen/Repair - it doesn't help much) but make sure you have Necramech Intensify (for the Arquebex damage) and Hydraulics to make some of those odd jumps.

Thrusters is a must (constant sprinting as the kills rack up) and Refuel sometimes helps but you can swap that out if you need another mod. You can use lower ranked Hydraulics mod if you don't plan on jumping that high (the stage is randomized for each instance).

This is my Arquebex set-up that works so far (Orphix's are weak against Corrosive and Viral damage):

9DTLxpu.jpg

As for the Archgun, the Mausolon that came with your Voidrig / Bonewidow is what you want. (Mod for Corrosive or Viral, knowing that Corrosive is slightly better, but consider Viral / Radiation in case you get dropped into a Corpus map for the Orphix). If you have issues with the ammo (300 rounds in the magazine is plenty), you can swap Hollow Bullets out for Magazine Extension, but I don't recommend it. You want the damage, and the CD multiplier for the Mausolon's secondary fire to nuke the lifebars of the first half dozen Orphixes after they fart out their second set of Resonators.

gF1YQcn.jpg

Final Tips:

• After you kill one Orphix, start moving deeper into the map. Some spawns occur in the same spot (uncommon), but most of the time, you will find a new Orphix spawn elsewhere. Unlike Scarlet Spear, the maps used this time are really not ideal for the mechs, and you won't be spending time in your Warframe much.

• Until the late teens, even the Voidrig's crappy *@##$ slap melee can destroy a resonator. You can do that while your archgun recharges.

• Try not to buy the blueprints in Father's operation vendor / shop at first until you make a few dozen runs extending into the teens or 20s on the last tier. You'll likely have plenty of extra blueprints for the Cedo and Lavos, along with parts.

• Now is a good time to backfill those Arcane upgrades for your Warframes (the classics, like Arcane Energize & Arcane Velocity).

• Christmas vacation is coming up, and most of you are under COVID shelters-in-place anyway. Use your time wisely.

• Mr. KONAMI has spoken 👍

gonna put a few more thing: 

- if possible, bring a frame infuse with Dispenser, or bring protea herself. Pop the dispenser at the boundary of the area your frame can't get to or immediately after a Orphix destroyed. The voidrigs in your squad that rely on their 4th will thank you.

- bring good amp and kill the small pods with your operator, the kid is much much more nimble at moving around compare to your mech

- if you do premade squad or are lucky enough to be in a pub one that willing to communicate, then simple set up of at least one guy dedicate to killing pod and one stand by to kill the boss at the 2nd phase drastically increase your score point

- Make keybind the mech summon to save time. Don't try to rely on your mech to move to the next spawn point. Consider bring frames that are quick at moving around like wukong to get to the next orphix when it spawn as fast as possible.

- The score and resource you get actually increase the more down time you get between Orphixes. So If you reach the point of having 2 Orphix spawn back to back, that's a clear indication that may be you should extract and redo, as u ain't really getting much more score in keep trying.

I find playing as Bonewidow is the best choice because its exalted blade per swing does about 20k+ dmg modded out with as much corrosive dmg onto it. Even at high levels if you get the Orphix in areas where it spawns on the ground they tend to die in seconds since everyone can just bumrush it with the sword. But thats only in ideal situations where it does spawn on floor level in reach, mostly in grineer ships so far and one or two rooms inside the corpus ships or gas city tileset. But having the health regen with meathook makes Bonewidow kinda more valuable, plus the higher base armor over Voidrig.

1 hour ago, FireSegment said:

gonna put a few more thing: 

- if possible, bring a frame infuse with Dispenser, or bring protea herself. Pop the dispenser at the boundary of the area your frame can't get to or immediately after a Orphix destroyed. The voidrigs in your squad that rely on their 4th will thank you. (and the health orb help a lot too)

- bring good amp and kill the small pods with your operator, the kid is much much more nimble at moving around compare to your mech

- if you do premade squad or are lucky enough to be in a pub one that willing to communicate, then simple set up of at least one guy dedicate to killing pod and one stand by to kill the boss at the 2nd phase drastically increase your score point

- Make keybind the mech summon to save time. Don't try to rely on your mech to move to the next spawn point. Consider bring frames that are quick at moving around like wukong to get to the next orphix when it spawn as fast as possible.

- The score and resource you get actually increase the more down time you get between Orphixes. So If you reach the point of having 2 Orphix spawn back to back, that's a clear indication that may be you should extract and redo, as u ain't really getting much more score in keep trying.

IIRC, mechs don't use health orbs but the energy orbs are vital.

Because the mech's buffs get lost when you leave it, I tend to stay in it a lot. A mech's quick melee (or ground slam) destroys most of the Resonators with one hit.

1 hour ago, Cmdr-A said:

I find playing as Bonewidow is the best choice because its exalted blade per swing does about 20k+ dmg modded out with as much corrosive dmg onto it. Even at high levels if you get the Orphix in areas where it spawns on the ground they tend to die in seconds since everyone can just bumrush it with the sword. But thats only in ideal situations where it does spawn on floor level in reach, mostly in grineer ships so far and one or two rooms inside the corpus ships or gas city tileset. But having the health regen with meathook makes Bonewidow kinda more valuable, plus the higher base armor over Voidrig.

I've been meaning to use a Bonewidow, as most people drop in with a Voidrig (the artillery). I may try running one next time. Right now, I got what I needed (drops/points) to make two Lavos-es, and that's fine by me.

On 2020-12-18 at 7:32 PM, UUDDLRLRBA_START said:
  • After you kill one Orphix, start moving deeper into the map. Some spawns occur in the same spot (uncommon), but most of the time, you will find a new Orphix spawn elsewhere. Unlike Scarlet Spear, the maps used this time are really not ideal for the mechs, and you won't be spending time in your Warframe much.

For what it's worth I've found that exploring the map tends to actually be less helpful. Unless I've gotten some exceedingly unlikely RNG with Orphix placement, there's always just three spawn points for the entire map (randomized each run). My experience has been that after your first three spawns:

• The start of every cycle is always in the same spot as the last spawn of the previous cycle (e.g. don't run anywhere after you get the loot payout)
  • The second spawn is randomly chosen for one of the other two spawns
  • The third spawn is whichever one wasn't randomly picked for the second spawn

Not exploring the map at all for the first cycle means you can just look at the minimap for already explored tiles in the event that folks aren't waypointing the spawns, and use process of elimination to always know where the third one is going to spawn in a cycle after the first rotation.

This is good, informative stuff, thanks everyone!

Sometimes you might get lucky and squad up with a fella' who has this stuff down to a science. If they drop waypoints at seemingly random locations, it's best to follow them! That usually is them marking where the next pod is going to come crashing down. 

17 hours ago, shieldb said:

For what it's worth I've found that exploring the map tends to actually be less helpful. Unless I've gotten some exceedingly unlikely RNG with Orphix placement, there's always just three spawn points for the entire map (randomized each run). My experience has been that after your first three spawns:

• The start of every cycle is always in the same spot as the last spawn of the previous cycle (e.g. don't run anywhere after you get the loot payout)
  • The second spawn is randomly chosen for one of the other two spawns
  • The third spawn is whichever one wasn't randomly picked for the second spawn

Not exploring the map at all for the first cycle means you can just look at the minimap for already explored tiles in the event that folks aren't waypointing the spawns, and use process of elimination to always know where the third one is going to spawn in a cycle after the first rotation.

Well, I tend to run with the map on Overlay (big) mode for this operation.

Thanks for clarifying the three spots only rule though.

Now, I just wish DE was smart enough to put this operation on the Mars (dirt side) and Venus (ice world) tilesets instead of coffin-like maps right now.

Mars and Venus have great "interior" maps that are really designed for crap like Necramechs.

17 hours ago, Librus_MT said:

This is good, informative stuff, thanks everyone!

Sometimes you might get lucky and squad up with a fella' who has this stuff down to a science. If they drop waypoints at seemingly random locations, it's best to follow them! That usually is them marking where the next pod is going to come crashing down. 

Waypoints in mech mode do not appear for players for some reason. You have to be in Operator form to drop a WP for it to show.

I noticed this when running Isovault / arcana bounties (for waypointing the five infested fissures you need to seal).

4 hours ago, Flar71 said:

Why not use Hollowed Bullets on the Arquebex?

I like to fire faster. You can swap out Automatic Fire for Hollowed Bullets if you like.

K 1st and last thing change to a bonewidow. It’s just better for the event. 

In the starting stages you think voidrig is the best because you can kill the thing before the bone widows can get it’s sward out. In the final stages you think glad my teammates(bonewidows) still alive and can carry this.

16 minutes ago, Mr.Mist said:

According to wiki, the spawn point is fixed. it is ABCCBA ABCCBA

This is wrong

its 

ABCC than changes to

ABB ACC repeat for the rest of the run.

every map it’s the same and unchanging. 100% of the time no exceptions.

On 2020-12-19 at 3:32 AM, UUDDLRLRBA_START said:
  • Until the late teens, even the Voidrig's crappy *@##$ slap melee can destroy a resonator. You can do that while your archgun recharges.

The ground slam attack from a mech will kill a resonator if you hit it straight on, as will the bulldozer effect from boosting with the mech. Additionally, a good operator amp is quite capable of destroying resonators - something especially useful because when you're not in your mech, it's invincible and you don't lose precious non-repairable mech health from chip damage when flying around to destroy the sub-objectives.

Also, remember that sentinels stick with your frame, while animals follow your mech around. Something else to divert fire away from you is always nice to have.

Fluctus for killing beacon through walls (and enemies ofc), vizier predasite with iatric mycelium, combat discipline aura, hildryn with dispensary or protea with spectrosiphon. Dispensary gives orbs when there are no enemies (it can happen), the other skill gives a lot of orbs when there are enemies

Le 19/12/2020 à 07:19, FireSegment a dit :

Killing sentients gives points, so killing orphix slower is better if you kill a lot sentients. Some rooms like the corpus pyramid (stand at the top of the pyramid with arquebex) or the litlle rooms with limited sentients respawn points are very good for farming points

Il y a 21 heures, BDMblue a dit :

ABCC than changes to

Sometime it's BAA BCC, so less traveling between rooms. Couldn't find why it happens though.

Edit : it happened 3 times in a row on corpus gas city

vor 23 Stunden schrieb Battle.Mage:

and now the question: how do you get a 30-50k score in 1 run ...? 🤔

THIS. I just dont get it. I've made lots of 22k points runs, so doing it as quick as possible is probably not the right way to reach such high scores. Yes, I know sentients gives points, but how much per kill? and more importantly, how to kill them efficiently as they can get immun?

Couple things that I would personally change.

1 - Fluctus is a lot more useful that the mausolon in my opinion as it shoots through walls with the infinite punch through and it is very easy to destroy the resonators.

2 - The rotations are like this:

Tileset 1 -----> Tileset 2 ----->Tileset 3

^                                                    v

Tileset 1 <----- Tileset 2 <-----Tileset 3

Or

A B C C B A A B C C and so on until 36

3 - The Arquebex is the best thing on Voidrig to kill the Orphix as it can do 1million+ damage to the Orphix.

But other than that I like it.

27 minutes ago, Budlemon said:

THIS. I just dont get it. I've made lots of 22k points runs, so doing it as quick as possible is probably not the right way to reach such high scores. Yes, I know sentients gives points, but how much per kill? and more importantly, how to kill them efficiently as they can get immun?

Killing sentient units during phases increase your score as far as I know. So instead of fast killing orphix and waiting for another, you should use the 90 secs spawn time visely to maximise rewards.

Am 24.12.2020 um 04:39 schrieb BDMblue:

K 1st and last thing change to a bonewidow. It’s just better for the event. 

In the starting stages you think voidrig is the best because you can kill the thing before the bone widows can get it’s sward out. In the final stages you think glad my teammates(bonewidows) still alive and can carry this.

This is wrong

its 

ABCC than changes to

nope, it can also be 211233 or BAABCC

• 3 weeks later...

There is one thing I've been wondering about regarding the Arquebex, since the Operation is coming to consoles in the next few weeks or so.

I'm guessing it doesn't, but would Critical Focus help with the weapon? I haven't found any way to "aim" with the weapon apart from turning in different directions.

• It'd be nice if you could pull up a trajectory line in your Mech's energy or emissive colors by pressing aim, so not only you can see where it'll land, but you could fine-tune your shots at the same time (Since the turning would be slower while aiming).

• I also appreciate the info you've provided regarding Orphix Venom, etc.! I finished my own Voidrig / Arquebex build during the double affinity weekend over the Holidays, but I wasn't sure if Critical Focus would be needed (For the increased Crit chance & damage) over Hollowed Bullets. Granted, Parallax Scope fits that bill along with HB.

Nearly done with getting a second set of Protea parts for the Helminth (Just need the Neuro), so I'm just doing what I can to finish prepping for it aside from the Mechs.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-01-10 at 1:08 AM, (NSW)Gamer-Steve said:

There is one thing I've been wondering about regarding the Arquebex, since the Operation is coming to consoles in the next few weeks or so.

I'm guessing it doesn't, but would Critical Focus help with the weapon? I haven't found any way to "aim" with the weapon apart from turning in different directions.

• It'd be nice if you could pull up a trajectory line in your Mech's energy or emissive colors by pressing aim, so not only you can see where it'll land, but you could fine-tune your shots at the same time (Since the turning would be slower while aiming).

• I also appreciate the info you've provided regarding Orphix Venom, etc.! I finished my own Voidrig / Arquebex build during the double affinity weekend over the Holidays, but I wasn't sure if Critical Focus would be needed (For the increased Crit chance & damage) over Hollowed Bullets. Granted, Parallax Scope fits that bill along with HB.

Nearly done with getting a second set of Protea parts for the Helminth (Just need the Neuro), so I'm just doing what I can to finish prepping for it aside from the Mechs.

You cannot 'aim' the Arquebex, as such it is ineffective. OP's build is correct. I use CF on my Mausolon but I don't have dual rounds.

I agree aiming with Arquebex isn't ideal. They at least changed the reticle to white but I agree some kind of tracer added to the fire or something so I can at least see where I am hitting. It's very much a spray-n-pray weapon but it would be nice someday as a QoL change.

7 hours ago, Jufrow said:

You cannot 'aim' the Arquebex, as such it is ineffective. OP's build is correct. I use CF on my Mausolon but I don't have dual rounds.

I agree aiming with Arquebex isn't ideal. They at least changed the reticle to white but I agree some kind of tracer added to the fire or something so I can at least see where I am hitting. It's very much a spray-n-pray weapon but it would be nice someday as a QoL change.

True. I think that would be a nice thing to see if they ever talk about Mechs during a future Devstream, to update both of them with a couple of things (Including but not limited to actual passives). As it is, spray & pray isn't an innaccurate way to describe how the Arquebex fires (I never thought of it that way before), so I see what you mean on that.

Best of luck on getting Dual rounds though; Ever since I found one, it's made all Archgun use a lot better. It can rarely be found in Emperean from certain enemies, but it has a 2.51% chance to show up in Rot. A of Archwing Interception. I hope it helps :]

On 2021-01-18 at 5:33 AM, Jufrow said:

I added Sabot Rounds recently (removed Hollowed Bullets). Works a'ight.

The one thing I should add (the Operation being nearly over) is that the Fluctus + Bonewidow combination works well, but having a Voidrig around can help clear the crap around the room for later Orphixes.

Archived