Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Event killed Warframe for my friend

General_Durandal

He got into Warframe for the Warframes,
and every update he's like, they keep making the Warframes less important, in a game called Warframe.

Nightwave spoiler,

Spoiler

When he learned about how the boss fight with the Glass guy goes,
he was like, "I'm not even going to bother, the sword is in Simarus's shop, i'll get it from there if I want it."

~

This event forces you out of your Warframe, into "kid mode", operator mode, and is focused on Mechs.
He doesn't like the operators, the tenno operatives where originally tenno out of their warframes,
not weird physic space kids.
He also doesn't like the mechs, they are cool, but not what he's here for.

He plays Warframe because the Warframes are cool, powerful godly unstoppable beings,
but DE keeps adding things that make them less-so, more helpless.

He says he's not even going to touch warframe anymore,
not till they start focusing on the Warframes, and improving them and their gameplay,
instead of adding all these gimmicky other things and enemies immune to all your powers.
Plenty of better games focused on weapon usage out there, Warframes where unique.

He's also annoyed that you can buy Nechramechs for a large amount of plat in the store now.
Mainly because of how hard it was to farm them when they first came around,
partly do to drops occasionally falling through the ground.

So they're quitting because Warframe has been diversifying gameplay options and, unsurprisingly, made an event/gamemode centered around the new feature? Something which they've done with every other similar feature.

Sounds like they wanted an excuse to stop playing. If they don't want to use the Mechs then the only things out of the event for them is Lavos, Cedo, the Arcanes, and items that they could get out of Scarlet Spear. Arcanes aren't exclusive to the event and if Lavos and Cedo remained tied to the event (like Hildryn being tied to Exploiter Orb) then they can stick to frame-based gameplay and farm plat for them.

That is how he sees things.

I see it far from that. I detest the Void Demons but i am liking the idea of the Mechs.

I adore and admire the Warframes. I play to see where the game will take them. Will there come a time where the Frames finally get freed from their puppetmasters and fully unleash their power OR will there come a time where the frames get shown the true path that the Alcolytes are on. 

Every journey is how you want to see things. Players crymoan on BK no matter what ge brings while they walk around nuking the whole tileset saying the enemies need better AI. Others play the game to escape real life and take blessings in a world free of the issues they deal with at work or home.

Focus on what he likes, change the narrative to fit his view, and he might see the mechs and other additions as growing points instead if hurdles. Everything is how you wanna view it. Whichever way he goes, hope he finds some good in gaming

Your friend sounds like he wasn't the intended Warframe audience regardless and just really disliked the game anyway.

Also sounds like a whiner?, Waaa hate space kids, waaaa hate Mechs, Me want to smack things with stick and frame!!!.

Also mech hard to farm???????? WHAT lol, falling through the ground i call bull on. Loot has a sticky teleport and vacuum is there. Warframe is better for not having someone like that in it's community. Tell them to go play cod or some other pointless shooter. Kinda sounds like that's what they want...

16 minutes ago, General_Durandal said:

Nightwave spoiler,

Reveal hidden contents

When he learned about how the boss fight with the Glass guy goes,
he was like, "I'm not even going to bother, the sword is in Simarus's shop, i'll get it from there if I want it."

Did your friend not realize he can't actually buy the sword from Simaris without owning a copy first?

Good for his own mental health, because I experience forced teleportations somewhere miles away from extraction, people are losing Endurance run awards to host migrations and somebody's Necramech helmet disappeared from their inventory. Hopefully scrape by for a Basmu and I'm out.

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Quitting because helminth calls someone demon.. quitting because someone doesn't like 1 Warframe out of 74 others.. quitting because something absurdly broken gets fixed.. quitting because of an event..

I'd say good riddance NGL

Wish I could upvote this more.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Mofojokers said:

Your friend sounds like he wasn't the intended Warframe audience regardless and just really disliked the game anyway.

Also sounds like a whiner?, Waaa hate space kids, waaaa hate Mechs, Me want to smack things with stick and frame!!!.

Also mech hard to farm???????? WHAT lol, falling through the ground i call bull on. Loot has a sticky teleport and vacuum is there. Warframe is better for not having someone like that in it's community. Tell them to go play cod or some other pointless shooter. Kinda sounds like that's what they want...

27 minutes ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Quitting because helminth calls someone demon.. quitting because someone doesn't like 1 Warframe out of 74 others.. quitting because something absurdly broken gets fixed.. quitting because of an event..

I'd say good riddance NGL

You're the ones who need to leave, just because someone doesn't like part of the game doesn't mean you get to talk crap about them on the forums.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But Tenno, when a game goes on for 7 years, you gotta mix it up at least a little. Opinions will differ, but I don't wanna always do the same thing. But if your friend is quitting over a 5-minute boss fight and a limited-time event that is specifically to stress test Necramechs, I don't think your friend is cut out for this game. DE experiments, and players who can't stand that and hyper-focus on the relatively small amount of stuff they don't like are probably better off playing other games.

If your friend wants to share their ideas on the Forums themselves, I'm all ears. But is it really worthwhile speaking for them here?

4 hours ago, SleepingVictors said:

The event is boring and repetitive and anyone who says otherwise is lying to themselves, but...

True. But I mean, so is every Warframe event, from one-offs like Ambulas Reborn to perennials like Razorback Armada. Same mission or three over and over, kinda like the rest of Warframe. I gotta laugh at the players who whine at the repetitiveness of new events and also beg for Plague Star to come back.

It's nice to go postal on each other because some one posted a cringe story? If it's bothers you so much why you don't just ignore it? People who comes up to complain are just haters right? I'm sorry for your friend leaved because of this, it's an overreaction but understandable, it happens, take a break from the game. I hate necramechs, archwing, RJ, and I'am still here. Just play the best parts of the game what you like, hate or love it DE doesn't want to stop here, they want to connect most of the parts of the game.    I agree that necramechs are hot trash right now, but in the future probably, they will be another way to play the game which is good! It's an event for testing the stuff out for trash rewards so it's not a big loss if you pass it. 

Don't go postal on each other because of a post, don't give pointless extra work for the moderators. 

I like mixing it up a bit. Been having an incredible amount of fun with mechs since Deimos. If the game was just Warframes 24/7 I'd have gotten bored years ago, why do you think they keep adding diverse methods of playing the game? If your friend doesn't like non-warframe activities, tell him not to do them. There's so much in this game to do, chase after whatever makes you happy.

Tom And Jerry Smile GIF

40 minutes ago, nerfinator6 said:

You're the ones who need to leave, just because someone doesn't like part of the game doesn't mean you get to talk crap about them on the forums.

33 minutes ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

My bad, last time I checked, if you don't like a part (1%) of the game, you make a feedback post on why you don't like it and play the rest of the game (99%). Not prematurely leave and cry like a literal toddler because of an EVENT (which disappears FOR YEARS after it's duration) which no one even forces you to play.

This can be applied to x "i leave" posts. Don't like helminth calling you demon? Don't visit the room.

Don't like a frame? Sell it for credits or subsume and never touch it again, and play those you do enjoy.

Being mad because a definitely broken weapon or frame was adjusted? It's in the literal ToS that this game is ever changing, you've accepted that. 

If you can't do that, all credibility is gone. 

I would reply but mr Goo as usual has already written a better reply. ;)

Everytime I see a thread like this I just look at it as the OP attempting to get attention and change DE's mind with some sort of weak ultimatum, otherwise why bother posting it at all? Why does it need to be said if not for trying to influence DE? So I'm sorry people who think it's harsh for wanting them to go play another game but it really is that simple. This thread exists because they want to complain and try to influence DE(not coming back to your game till you change "insert complaint"). Just don't make the thread in the first place, go play  a game you enjoy more without having to announce it. I'm so sick of these threads and so are many others.

I dont like the Mechs for a similar reasons, its a paralel progression path when we already have a lot of those: Archwing stuff, Railjack itself, Operator, Helminth, K-drives. Dont get me wrong, a lof of those fit together, but Mechs dont fit that well in my opinion. I would have been totaly fine if they were made to be more enemy like. Or if there was no path to getting one+modding ect, the whole sindicate side, a Deimos+Event power up. I would have much prefered an event where Father is working with Tenno on modernising Mechs and giving warframes an upgrade to counter Sentients nullifying warframes, like giving us armour plates to shield from the pulses, that also add survivability at the cost of mobility. But not the size issue. I dont think DE planned this well, main example? Headbanging on every doorframe in every room in this event.

Its not another option in gameplay if you are forced to use only "this", we just got a huge customization in terms of warframes ability kits, and now we are forced to not use Warframes at all. It doesnt go well together IMHO.

from what i see, your friend is going to quit warframe anyway.

and i agree with him.

if you don't like a game, just quit. play some other games that entertain you. that's what we do with every other games. uninstall the game, download something else. eject the bluray, sell it on ebay, buy some other game.

it's better than forcing yourself to keep playing the game and become the grumpy old vet who hates everything inside the game, yet they doesn't have anywhere better to go so they stick around complaining everyday, trying to rob the fun out of rookies who just found the game and still having a lot of fun with it.

as for you, do you miss your friend? is that whay you're so pissed about something that someone else feels?
why don't you try whatever game he/she is playing right now?
maybe you'll like it and and you two can have a great time in that new game.

Archived