New Event killed Warframe for my friend

7 minutes ago, Viges said:

Haven't seen so many white knights in a thread for a while :crylaugh:

And yes more and more people leaving Warframe because it's less and less about warframes.

Railjack HUGE fail didn't teach DE anything. Now they made necramechs clipping through the level geometry and calling it awesome. For real :facepalm:

I am no white knight I can assure you and so can my several warnings for having a go at DE. What I cannot abide however is people having to announce that they're leaving, it's a cry for attention and a pathetic attempt at giving DE an ultimatum. Just leave quietly, without telling the world cos the world doesn't care. And it's people like that who've influenced DE to nerf the game into the state it is now, a boring game with no skill required. I keep playing in the hopes a challenge will finally arise, which for the record is what I've gotten in trouble over, telling them they don't know their own game well enough to add challenge.

• Like 6
11 minutes ago, Viges said:

Haven't seen so many white knights in a thread for a while

Sure, just label anyone who disagrees with you a "White Knight". That definitely won't make you seem like a dishonest interlocuter.

Edited by Corvid
  • Like 14

I see operators as "supports". In normal missions you may dash yourself to mission objective, heal yourself with magus elevate or magus repair, use your focus school to do cool stuff (invincibility? instant revive? energy? near infinite combo duration? you decide lol) but in 90% of the time you can't do damage.
(The remaining 10% is eidolon fights and Ropalolyst fight)

Archwing and railjack have a lot of potential, to be honest. However there are like only 10 archwing missions in the game, excluding open worlds and events... I mean yes you got new kind of stuff to play, and I am cool with them but I feel like they are adding them in the game for the sake of adding them. One of my reasons of my statement is that 90% of the resources or whatever gained from one kind of gamemode AREN'T even used once in another.

(For example, what do you do with dirac? Railjack and helminth only? I see some items need several stuff from railjack, but how many? Does it make much difference if I completely skipped railjack? If yes, then what is the meaning of it?
How about Avionics? Lavan shield array MKIII?
Archwing mods can be used against profit taker or in normal missions, and yes I am good with that.
What about archmelee? They are nothing but joke and mastery fodders)

Necramechs are quite fun to play with. And according to lore, 
"They are heavily armored bipedal war machines built during The Old War as a predecessor to Warframes, though they were far less intelligent." (from wiki)

Somehow they are some way related to warframe and they kinda shows you what does the prototype (or whats the correct word) of Warframes do. I mean he is right, this game is called "Warframe", but what I think is that you aren't here just to play warframes, but also learning about the lore behind of them. Especially if this is an RPG, you should accept the existence of different types of stuff.

Just think of it, if some puzzles (that actually requires IQ, not what you see in mobile game ads) are added into a racing game, are you stopping to play that game? Or that mode only if you hate that particular mode?

(Side note, how old is necramech actually? How many necramechs are there? Does it makes much difference if you ignore it?)
(Another side note, take a look at railjack and kuva weapons. How long haven't them been updated?)

And speaking of warframes, in pretty much all of their updates they added weapons and new warframes (4 primes and at least 3 new). And things like steel path shows that DE cares about warframes and is willing to enhance the gameplay experience of surface combat with warframes.

Back to that time when I joined the game (which isn't long ago, it was just a year and 5-6 months from now) there aren't railjacks and necramechs, and there are just 10 archwing missions and NOTHING ELSE.

To be honest if you are crying over warframe promoting new type of gameplay (especially cool ones), then I advise you to:
- don't play minecraft, they got woodcutting and farming and not only mining and crafting
- don't play TF2, they don't get fortresses, that is false advertising
- don't play Left 4 Dead, you aren't dead if you are pressing the left button

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I am no white knight I can assure you and so can my several warnings for having a go at DE. What I cannot abide however is people having to announce that they're leaving, it's a cry for attention and a pathetic attempt at giving DE an ultimatum. Just leave quietly, without telling the world cos the world doesn't care. And it's people like that who've influenced DE to nerf the game into the state it is now, a boring game with no skill required. I keep playing in the hopes a challenge will finally arise, which for the record is what I've gotten in trouble over, telling them they don't know their own game well enough to add challenge.

I agree that leaving threads are cringe but besides that op has valid points. And I don't think anyone influenced DE to nerf the game, just look how they make updates: it's all "new player friendly" dead islands, it's their core dev process, nothing to do with players I think. This is how they sell their game, just simple as that.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Viges said:

I agree that leaving threads are cringe but besides that op has valid points. And I don't think anyone influenced DE to nerf the game, just look how they make updates: it's all "new player friendly" dead islands, it's their core dev process, nothing to do with players I think. This is how they sell their game, just simple as that.

But see that's just it, players like this friend of his bring in the money cos they buy stuff, whereas vets like me already have plat and stuff so we don't give much to DE. So by making ultimatums like "I'm not spending money until .... is nerfed" DE has gradually made the game more and more casual. And yes I realise that's how they make their money, that doesn't make it right, just logical.

I'm not going to pack up my stuff and leave but i may take another break.

I tend to agree with the op's friend about constantly being removed from my frame with all these gimmick modes the last couple years. I think the mechs are one of the lamest ideas to date. Being forced to endure the Deimos grind to participate in a new event is lazy content padding and an underhanded method of artificially creating player engagement in an otherwise weak and copy paste map. 

I have an arsenal of super advanced mechs called warframes that I'd like to play. You know, the core game, the part that matters? You know the one. The arsenal you've spent years building and tweaking and likely invested real money into. Lets get back to that soon. 

The horizintal, spinoff progression is getting tiresome while we wait for the alleged "war" with sentients. 

Edited by IIDMOII
  • Like 4

They should just rename the game to Tenno or something then. The game hasn't been warframe centric since 2018. I do not see that trend ending anytime soon and I am ok with it. Just speaking for myself, I am invested in my operator. I know there is an audience that would prefer to ignore the operator even exists, but for me the operator is what I am attached to. Warframes to me are no different than a rifle, a glaive, or necramech.

I keep seeing this argument the game is called Warframe so it's not allowed to have alternate systems of progression, or non warframe based experiences. I find this view...ludicrous.

Edited by Void_Ocelot
  • Like 1

I find people hating operators odd since without operators we have no character or narrative to follow and alot of quest would fall flat with out that focus.

Gameplay wise it's good to have options, otherwise i be feeling this game to be stale and seeing the operator side evolve along with the story makes me excited for duvuri to see what changes. Having the game stay in its bubble of the same loop would be boring, variety is the spice of life.

Alos find it funny saying the game isn't focusing on warframes and yet our 45th warframe is out in the same update.

Edited by (XBOX)The Neko Otaku
  • Like 7
1 hour ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

I find people hating operators odd since without operators we have no character or narrative to follow and alot of quest would fall falt with out that focus.

Gameplay wise it's good to have options, otherwise i be feeling this game to be stale and seeing the operator side evolve along with the story makes me excited for duvuri to see what changes. Having the game stay in its bubble of the same loop would be boring, variety is the spice of life.

Alos find it funny saying the game isn't focusing on warframes and yet our 45th warframe is out in the same update.

Yes, and like 3 warframes shortly before that. And a new starchart with new rewards to basically play Vanilla warframe all over again....

• Like 1
5 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Just leave quietly, without telling the world cos the world doesn't care

You obviously do. If you don't like the content of the post, simply (and quietly) not reply to it, repeatedly. Nobody cares that you don't like the idea of someone leaving the game. no need to belittle the OP for it. Just say nothing and move on to the next thread.

Edited by gbjbaanb
  • Like 3
12 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Everytime I see a thread like this I just look at it as the OP attempting to get attention and change DE's mind with some sort of weak ultimatum, otherwise why bother posting it at all? Why does it need to be said if not for trying to influence DE? So I'm sorry people who think it's harsh for wanting them to go play another game but it really is that simple. This thread exists because they want to complain and try to influence DE(not coming back to your game till you change "insert complaint"). Just don't make the thread in the first place, go play  a game you enjoy more without having to announce it. I'm so sick of these threads and so are many others.

Yes, I do want attention from DE and want to influence them to go back to their roots.

Warframe is dying, it might not look like it from where you are, but I can see it clearly.

There are over 50 million accounts now,
but only about 150k active Steam accounts, and around 200k active other accounts.
Less then 1% of the player-base is still active.

I don't want Warframe to die.
I like Warframe, and I like playing it with my friends,
but they keep leaving for various reasons.

Yes, I am complaining, yes, it seems pointless,
especially with so many toxic people, and bullies.

I figure if I tell DE that something they added is making some of their players leave,
and why, and their reasoning behind why,
then maybe they can add something that would fix the problem.

Like, instead of completely kicking you out of your warframe,
they just get debuffs.
Maybe Tau resistance reduces that debuff.
Maybe an exalis mod that just gives Tau resistance.
Some way to bypass the wall.

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, General_Durandal said:

Warframe is dying, it might not look like it from where you are, but I can see it clearly.

And I can see your tin foil hat appearing. If you don't have official numbers, please refrain from spreading bullS#&$. You're just making yourself look even more ridiculous.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Charlotte said:

And I can see your tin foil hat appearing. If you don't have official numbers, please refrain from spreading bullS#&$. You're just making yourself look even more ridiculous.

"March 25, 2019 Warframe's latest player count update suggests almost 12 million new Tenno have signed up in as many months. To celebrate its sixth birthday, Warframe developer Digital Extremes has said its game now has nearly 50 million registered players across all platforms.Mar 25, 2019"

12 million new players in 2019.

If there where 50mil in 2019, there are going to be more today.

There are about 50k playing warframe on accounts outside of Steam,
and 70k people playing warframe on Steam accounts,
at this very moment.

All the info is easy to find on the internet.
Especially the Steam related info.

• Like 2

How many of those new accounts were made with the sole intention of being played?

How many of them were made by somebody who wanted to "Start over to see what it was like for newbies"?

How many of them have less than 20 hours of playtime?

How many of them were made by scammers of various degrees that are now likely banned?

The XX million players thing is never a good metric for game health, especially free games that you can make an account on in less than 5 minutes.

• Like 6
vor 9 Stunden schrieb ghoti0315:

Just think of it, if some puzzles (that actually requires IQ, not what you see in mobile game ads) are added into a racing game, are you stopping to play that game?

The way you ask that question as if you honestly expected the answer to be no makes me think that you have a really unhealthy relationship with video games. Would I stop playing a game if the development of that game turned into a direction that I didn't find fun? Of course I would. Every normal person would.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Aldain said:

How many of those new accounts were made with the sole intention of being played?

How many of them were made by somebody who wanted to "Start over to see what it was like for newbies"?

How many of them have less than 20 hours of playtime?

How many of them were made by scammers of various degrees that are now likely banned?

The XX million players thing is never a good metric for game health, especially free games that you can make an account on in less than 5 minutes.

Very good points.
Still, I would like DE to do something to bring my friend back so I'm not solo most of the time.

Do you know how many registered accounts World of Warcraft has? And how many active players? I suggest you search for it.

Now, if all you have to deduce the death of a game is registered accounts, then we don't have much to discuss. You don't have inside numbers, you don't know Warframe situation as a business. You know jack S#&$, bro.

Edited by Charlotte
  • Like 1
Just now, General_Durandal said:

Very good points.
Still, I would like DE to do something to bring my friend back so I'm not solo most of the time.

That mostly lies with your friend. Back in my freshman year of college I played a lot of League of Legends, but after a while I just got burned out to the point where I never really wanted to play it again.

If your friend doesn't want to play Warframe anymore it isn't fair to assume it is 100% the developer's fault, some people just get tired or suffer burnout no matter what happens even when the developers do a near-perfect job.

Very few people have a lifetime attachment to a game, I'm actually on break from Warframe myself and have been since...I wanna say May (waiting for the console drop of Lavos). Sometimes people just move on. Can DE be doing a better job? Of course, their project management skills are awful and can be a solid part of the reason why we get things like the Railjack launch. But if your friend has hit burnout, there's likely not much DE could do to bring him back in, I've had friends hit that point before too, and I get it, it sucks, but there's usually no silver bullet for burnout of any kind, bar time, and even then time isn't always effective.

• Like 4