Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Event killed Warframe for my friend

General_Durandal

I was hoping the event is playable how the player wants, but of course DE has to ham crappy content down the players throat. I will add this list to not to play in warframe. Though this list has becoming too big now, I think I am approaching putting the entire game in that pile.

It is such a shame really. We have the warframes, cool design, really fun game play, yet we keep getting pulled into much inferior content, for supposedly “diversity.” I want diversity, but it seems the diversity instead of more content to play with my frames, it is more content instead of frames.

Meh.

48 minutes ago, (PSN)thegarada said:

I was hoping the event is playable how the player wants, but of course DE has to ham crappy content down the players throat. I will add this list to not to play in warframe. Though this list has becoming too big now, I think I am approaching putting the entire game in that pile.

It is such a shame really. We have the warframes, cool design, really fun game play, yet we keep getting pulled into much inferior content, for supposedly “diversity.” I want diversity, but it seems the diversity instead of more content to play with my frames, it is more content instead of frames.

Meh.

Of all of the updates released this year, this is the only one that hasn't been primarily focused on Warframe gameplay (the only other candidate being Railjack Revised, which was a rebalance of a previous update, not a content addition). Exactly how little do you want DE to experiment if even that is too much?

Hell, this update even added in the 45th Warframe, so it's not like that side of the game is being neglected.

vor 43 Minuten schrieb Corvid:

Isn't OP saying their friend quit the game because it wasn't stagnant (IE: sticking to one specific thing), though?

The quote is there for a reason. The argument was that new content someone doesn't like doesn't invalidate the existing content. That new content someone doesn't like is functionally no different than no new content is yet another thing that shouldn't need to be explained.

Edit: It also shouldn't need to be explained that a game can avoid being stagnant without becoming a completely different game that isn't even in the same genre, but here we are discussing yet another asinine intellectually dishonest talking point by fanboys who can't comprehend how someone who liked a fast-paced looter shooter could possibly not be Stockholm-syndromed into also liking a mediocre space sim that is launched from the same UI. Please note, that this has nothing to do with Warframe specifically. I originally responded to a comment about a hypothetical racing game. I'm commenting on how ridiculous it is that you and others here are acting completely baffled by the general concept of people not liking when a game changes direction in a major way.

12 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

The quote is there for a reason. The argument was that new content someone doesn't like doesn't invalidate the existing content. That new content someone doesn't like is functionally no different than no new content is yet another thing that shouldn't need to be explained.

Except that also falls flat because, as I mentioned before, this game isn't neglecting its core experience. 1 update over the course of a year that isn't focused on Warframe gameplay (while still adding a new frame, mind) does not a neglected core make.

15 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

Edit: It also shouldn't need to be explained that a game can avoid being stagnant without becoming a completely different game that isn't even in the same genre, but here we are discussing yet another asinine intellectually dishonest talking point by fanboys who can't comprehend how someone who liked a fast-paced looter shooter could possibly not be Stockholm-syndromed into also liking a mediocre space sim that is launched from the same UI.

Except that space sim also features the core gameplay quite heavily, which is not an experience that can be found elsewhere. All but one of the objective types can be accomplished entirely through on-foot Warframe combat (and all but two of them require it), so again, it's not like the core gameplay is being neglected by these additions. It's being added to with new twists.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Corvid:

Except that space sim also features the core gameplay quite heavily, which is not an experience that can be found elsewhere. All but one of the objective types can be accomplished entirely through on-foot Warframe combat (and all but two of them require it), so again, it's not like the core gameplay is being neglected by these additions. It's being added to with new twists.

I don't know if you're blindly defending DE without having ever played Railjack or are deliberately lying to my face about being able to achieve all Railjack objectives through on-foot Warframe combat in the assumption that I haven't played it, but that and the fact that you're still blabbering about Warframe after I explitly told you that I'm talking about a general concept makes me think that you're not going to say anything that's worth reading. Bye.

44 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Of all of the updates released this year, this is the only one that hasn't been primarily focused on Warframe gameplay (the only other candidate being Railjack Revised, which was a rebalance of a previous update, not a content addition). Exactly how little do you want DE to experiment if even that is too much?

Hell, this update even added in the 45th Warframe, so it's not like that side of the game is being neglected.

IF we consider that good portion of the the early year was on RJ and that CD content heavily focused on mechs and conversation, it is about 40% frames and 60% other in 2020. And locking a frame behind mechs crap makes it inaccessible unless you engage with mechs crap. 

I have never seen a game drop its core content for alternatives and do well. Players primarily play the game for the core content, and someone else does the other content much better.

And you know, it would be cool if we have it both ways, like scarlet spear, where you could play RJ or frames. But apparently DE’s idea of having players engage with developed content is to force down their throat, instead of the content being fun where majority of the players would choose to play it.

1 minute ago, Krankbert said:

I don't know if you're blindly defending DE without having ever played Railjack or are deliberately lying to my face about being able to achieve all Railjack objectives through on-foot Warframe combat in the assumption that I haven't played it,

But... it's true though. All of the static objectives require boarding actions, which by extension requires you to fight on foot. Crewships can be taken out the same way. Outside of using your Archwing to get from Point A to Point B (which is the same as what you'd do in an open world, barring two presses of the "use" key) and taking out Radiators (which just involves going outside the structure and hosing it down for half a second), all of the relevant mission progress is accomplished on foot.

The only objective that can't be accomplished purely through on foot is killing X amount of fighters, and even then you have the choice between using the ship or your archwing.

11 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

but that and the fact that you're still blabbering about Warframe after I explitly told you that I'm talking about a general concept makes me think that you're not going to say anything that's worth reading.

What can I say, it was a bit tricky to gather that you had a larger point, what with all the insults directed at anyone who disagreed with you.

10 minutes ago, (PSN)thegarada said:

IF we consider that good portion of the the early year was on RJ

Scarlet Spear's gameplay was about 75% on foot, given that the Railjack was little more than a glorified taxi between Murexes.

12 minutes ago, (PSN)thegarada said:

CD content heavily focused on mechs and conversation

If by "Heavily focused on" you mean "included at all", then sure.

13 minutes ago, (PSN)thegarada said:

And locking a frame behind mechs crap makes it inaccessible unless you engage with mechs crap.

Fortunately, you have the option of using the mechs only when needed in the mission type, and because of the Derelict mechs left lying around, you don't even need to bring one yourself to contribute.

14 minutes ago, (PSN)thegarada said:

I have never seen a game drop its core content for alternatives and do well.

And my entire point is that they haven't "dropped" their core content. They've added new things alongside it.

16 minutes ago, (PSN)thegarada said:

But apparently DE’s idea of having players engage with developed content is to force down their throat, instead of the content being fun where majority of the players would choose to play it.

Again, this is the only update this year that has in any way forced engagement with a system other than the base gameplay.

vor 40 Minuten schrieb Corvid:

What can I say, it was a bit tricky to gather that you had a larger point, what with all the insults directed at anyone who disagreed with you.

Dude, I was responding to a comment about a hypothetical racing game. If you can't comprehend that Warframe isn't a hypothetical racing game that's really all on you.

22 hours ago, SleepingVictors said:

The event is boring and repetitive and anyone who says otherwise is lying to themselves,

I enjoy the event. ive been having a blast running around mowing down swarms of enemies with my mech and  then destroying the orphix.
makes me feel like a shardbearer hunting chasmfields (book reference. idk if anyone will get it)

9 hours ago, General_Durandal said:

"March 25, 2019 Warframe's latest player count update suggests almost 12 million new Tenno have signed up in as many months. To celebrate its sixth birthday, Warframe developer Digital Extremes has said its game now has nearly 50 million registered players across all platforms.Mar 25, 2019"

12 million new players in 2019.

If there where 50mil in 2019, there are going to be more today.

There are about 50k playing warframe on accounts outside of Steam,
and 70k people playing warframe on Steam accounts,
at this very moment.

All the info is easy to find on the internet.
Especially the Steam related info.

.. every mom and their dog has a Warframe account. Jesus even my 9yr old god daughter has a Warframe account. They straight up get tied to your console account the moment you pretty much download the game bro. Never alone the pc side. The sheer amount of people that try f2P games is staggering just because its free and easy to have a look at. Heck without crossplay even gotta have multiple accounts if ya wanna play on Switch as well as say PS4.

The true numbers that no one but DE know are those who are actually invested in the game. Considering they keep expanding and were just bought by TenCent for investment reasons i would hedge a guess they are making out veeery well. Because the true powers of a f2p game are not your normal players. It's the whales and some get veeery big. Heck i have spent a small fortune on Warframe myself over the years that would throw me in the whale area.

Not that i always praise them as i really dislike alot of decisions they make. But i do love to see them rolling the dice and making bank. Jesus the rivens alone was such a smart move on their part money wise. Some of the buggers can set ya back several 1000s plat.

Much like that Mechs are beyond smart yet few people see the true power of it yet. Cosmetics, They have an army of Tennogen artists ready to get their hands on them bad boys.

You can pout all ya want about your mate leaving but it will do no good here besides grabbing alot of hate. None of us like seeing people post these types of threads they come off as whiney annoyance. Almost like your saying DE please change the game so my friend will come play with me, like a child.

You know what the correct move is right?. Posting feedback on each issue you have with the game in the feedback area in a well worded thread that doesn't go after DE because of reasons. Have your mate do it as well, because you never know who is reading the forums.

If they don't want to spare the time to do such a thing then ask yourself why should DE care?.

5 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Doesn't remove the issue though does it? Sorry I thought this was General Discussion?

There is no issue. No one is required to have or support your opinion, ever, period. They are perfectly free to form their own and then give it in a manner the forum rules proscribe/reccommend, and contrary to your assertions there exists no amount of discord copypasta exists that contraindicates this.

The end.

The pros of this event are the rewards are "double stacked" (except not even kind of) and DE provides "gratis" the means to complete it (and at very low turnover rate). They're selling a mausolon that can't be upgraded on the platform its intended to be used with for platinum aka real money, once again you're supposed to shoot red things in a red room with two forms of red postprocessing WITHOUT Color correction even being on and I can only dare imagine what the screen looks like with it turned on, and switching PC modes becomes quite literally random when certain distance thresholds to your frame or rig respectively are reached, and the Bone Widow's utility to effectiveness ratio and the utter lack forthwith is still 100% unaddressed, and this is the fourth annual instance of this very same behavior and outcome with a slightly more lenient drop rate.

Fourth.

The only caveat herein is DE for once in a long long while had the foresight to start the event a week early to catch major issues. Contrary to your insinuation this is not mana from heaven delivered at great personal cost and after arduous expenditures of blood, sweat, and tears; this the bare minimum a games as a service platform holder >SHOULD< be doing. The minimum, and apparently there are some that aren't desensitized to it, nor should they be.

1 hour ago, -Kittens- said:

There is no issue. No one is required to have or support your opinion, ever, period. They are perfectly free to form their own and then give it in a manner the forum rules proscribe/reccommend, and contrary to your assertions there exists no amount of discord copypasta exists that contraindicates this.

The end.

The pros of this event are the rewards are "double stacked" (except not even kind of) and DE provides "gratis" the means to complete it (and at very low turnover rate). They're selling a mausolon that can't be upgraded on the platform its intended to be used with for platinum aka real money, once again you're supposed to shoot red things in a red room with two forms of red postprocessing WITHOUT Color correction even being on and I can only dare imagine what the screen looks like with it turned on, and switching PC modes becomes quite literally random when certain distance thresholds to your frame or rig respectively are reached, and the Bone Widow's utility to effectiveness ratio and the utter lack forthwith is still 100% unaddressed, and this is the fourth annual instance of this very same behavior and outcome with a slightly more lenient drop rate.

Fourth.

The only caveat herein is DE for once in a long long while had the foresight to start the event a week early to catch major issues. Contrary to your insinuation this is not mana from heaven delivered at great personal cost and after arduous expenditures of blood, sweat, and tears; this the bare minimum a games as a service platform holder >SHOULD< be doing. The minimum, and apparently there are some that aren't desensitized to it, nor should they be.

That long winded essay had precisely nothing to do with the point I was making. At no time did I mention the event for a start. If you're not going to bother checking what I was talking about then kindly don't go off on a tangent that has zero relevance.

Also given that I was within the forum rules while giving my opinion, why then do you feel the need to reprimand me about it?

I like the operator mode cuz it adds some level of personalization or an avatar to the game and makes the WF genderlocking slightly lesss weird but it has always needed expanded with more options such as age and size.

But I never built a mech yet cuz they just didn't really interest me. I'm not a gundam fan and they're not visually appealing to me.  I also ignore the hoverboards and the animal hunting stuff, cuz I'm just not the audience for it. This is also a form of monetization since because I don't like doing those things I'll do other things instead, earn plat, and just buy the items.

Alas I'll have to do the event anyways eventually so meh. Not going to quit over it but meh.

1 hour ago, DaxiraxJr said:

so they can't do what they enjoyed

Just wait until you do some public missions, maybe a spy one, and one of the other players turns up in their necramech 😄 (which also makes me think - why can't I deploy archwings in normal missions too - no more parkour in gas city, woot!)

Playing Vallis public is always a squad with a necramech now, sometimes two. Maybe it doesn't really matter - turn up, let the mech blow things up with their archguns, collect the rewards. but that doesn't feel much like a game any more to me, and it is making me lose interest, possibly others too. Such things are subtle, most will just drift off and play less as other things are around. It could turn into a problem.

On 2020-12-19 at 8:20 AM, General_Durandal said:

Mainly because of how hard it was to farm them when they first came around,

What?

I farmed everything needed for Voidrig without any problems when it first came out, I even had enough components to build Widow directly when it was released too and I still have enough pieces for upcoming mechs and weapons aswell.

3 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

What?

I farmed everything needed for Voidrig without any problems when it first came out, I even had enough components to build Widow directly when it was released too and I still have enough pieces for upcoming mechs and weapons aswell.

Well, there was the issue where parts could fall through the floor at launch, but that was fixed fairly quickly.

On 2020-12-18 at 10:20 PM, General_Durandal said:

He also doesn't like the mechs, they are cool, but not what he's here for.

He plays Warframe because the Warframes are cool, powerful godly unstoppable beings,
but DE keeps adding things that make them less-so, more helpless.

He says he's not even going to touch warframe anymore,
not till they start focusing on the Warframes, and improving them and their gameplay,
instead of adding all these gimmicky other things

SAME.

What I said 3 years ago

I want my money going towards development of a finished product, not so then they can create more farming items.
I understand that DE is not a large AAA company and that development is going to be slower.
But maybe they should stop spreading themselves so thin and just focus their energy on one planet at a time.

Then again I am not a developer so I can't say how things should be done. I can say that I am frustrated with the community and how it has affected the development of the game.

I probably will take a break for a couple years and go play Elder Scrolls Online, Skyrim SSE modded, Destiny 2, Evolve, and maybe even Anthem. 
Not saying that to place myself on a pedestal or to say I'm better than you. If you enjoy Warframe then more power to you.

And playing other games gave me alot of perspective on my experience from playing Warframe and really highlighted its major core flaws.

Digital Extremes keeps adding and focusing on gimmicks. They keep making things that having nothing to do with the core gameplay. They keep adding new things and don't spend nearly enough time integrating that content or polishing it. This has left the game in a very broken state.

I like Railjack because it fixes Archwing and brings focus back to Space Ninja Tile Set gameplay - but the Necramechs? What does that have to do with Warframe? As an enemy sure that's cool - but as a playable thing it might as well be a whole different game.

I don't get people's instance that Warframe completely veer away from the core gameplay which severely needs to be worked on. DE keeps advertising the game as "Space Ninjas" but they keep veering away from that.

If they want to make changes for the long term health of the game then stop adding half-finished features. Stop creating castle ruins and focus on creating a solid foundation.

Halo innovates but it sticks to the core of the game. The new Doom games innovate but they focus on the core aspect of what made Doom great. 

DE treats WF's basic foundations like it's modular, which is the crux of the problem. DE designs everything as a placeholder. That's a problem. DE needs to make solid decisions. Pick a direction and stick with it. Warframe does not need to be in perpetual BETA and the insistence that it should is really hurting and stagnating the game.

This is not a small indie game anymore. They have a parent company, they make a considerable amount of money, they're pushing out content, they tried doing seasons (nightwaves) for a game that isn't even a complete game, - They have the ingredients, they just need to halt this continuous push for "NEW" things to grab our attention and make the actual game. Make a solid foundation. In many ways DE are doing the bare minimum and they really need to pick up the slack because they have serious competition now.

THIS Here

16 hours ago, Krankbert said:

It also shouldn't need to be explained that a game can avoid being stagnant without becoming a completely different game that isn't even in the same genre, but here we are discussing yet another asinine intellectually dishonest talking point by fanboys who can't comprehend how someone who liked a fast-paced looter shooter could possibly not be Stockholm-syndromed into also liking a mediocre space sim that is launched from the same UI. Please note, that this has nothing to do with Warframe specifically. I originally responded to a comment about a hypothetical racing game. I'm commenting on how ridiculous it is that you and others here are acting completely baffled by the general concept of people not liking when a game changes direction in a major way.

While that may be the genuine gripes of your friend but goddamn man, tell him to grow up a little why don't ya. If he doesn't like it then move on, not everything is for everyone, expecting Devs to change their vision to suit one entitled kid that's whining about it is both never going to happen and honestly only a ridiculous thing a bratty child would expect. So what if he doesn't like Operators and Mechs? Personally I love the Mechs, Operators are kinda meh but that doesn't mean I'll whine about it like an entitled child seeking attention to change something I don't like by wording the complaint as a threat to not play WF. That's just cringe inducing.. Unless you're funneling millions into WF I can assure you, no one cares. I'll make suggestions to things I want but this isn't my vision, to pout and say you aren't going to play WF until something changes, well, gonna burst your bubble there but no one cares, especially not D.E.

Sit and pout, who cares, idk man.. Maybe tell your friend to try Fortnite or something that's more his speed.

Archived