Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Event killed Warframe for my friend

General_Durandal

5 hours ago, Iccotak said:

Digital Extremes keeps adding and focusing on gimmicks. They keep making things that having nothing to do with the core gameplay. They keep adding new things and don't spend nearly enough time integrating that content or polishing it. This has left the game in a very broken state.

Yet we have Reb on record publicly saying that if all they ever did was add new WF's and weapons and maps and nothing else the game would have failed a long time ago.

"If we had just released a weapon week after week after week after week for the last five years, we wouldn't be sitting here having this conversation."

Your post comes off as a fundamental disconnection between what you want vs. what works for DE as a company with no middle ground. At some point, what players want and expect can be an actual problem for the company's needs. Had they gone the path you've highlighted as your preference would have been the death of them.

Sure, neither you or I have the data to prove or disprove that statement, but DE do. If they have continued down this path despite having to meet business metrics then it means it is working for them a lot better than just weapons and frames and nothing else. Thus the gimmicks. Thus the reworks. The quests. The re-inventions to stay relevant.

The price and cost is often older players, and those who don't like change.

1 hour ago, JackHargreav said:

This kinda just sounds dumb.

I mean I understand if someone doesn't like the direction the game goes towards to, but most of the game is all about the warframes.

Railjack, Nechramechs, operators are a really small part of the game.

Mechs yes. RJ, kinda. Operators are integral part of game play. Focus schools are extremely important.

3 minutes ago, CurseOfFilth said:

Exactly why are we aiming for more diverse gameplay when DE struggles to balance Warframes and has yet completed Operators? Your thirst for diversity is killing the game.

DE struggles to balance them because the crymoaners of the community throw rage fits every time anyone utters the suggestion of DE nerfing one of their shiny toys. All while anything that isn't exactly on par with or better than the current meta gear it gets called mastery fodder and tossed aside until DE buffs it.

What exactly about Operators is incomplete? Just wanting more depth to something doesn't mean the current iteration is incomplete.

And thirst? I'm primarily in the boat of wanting the game to get proper balancing so everything fight isn't made of wet tissue. I'm not asking for more diversity but I'm fully aware that the diversity is the reason the game is still around.

Diversity is nothing to do with the game;'s success or continued or otherwise.

Nobody comes to play WF and thinks "they have railjacks, cool, when can I start space shooting?".

Mechs are the same, if they weren't available in open world missions and were limited to Deimos , I think nobody would be playing them at all. However, its clear that DE has invested a lot of efffort into them, and are going to try and make us want to play them more - hence this event, which gives mechs away for free (temporarily at least) so everyone can get used to having them, and hopefully then invest the time to get their own. It is the future, but I think it was one they should have put a lot more thought into the balance of the game as a whole first.

7 hours ago, CurseOfFilth said:

Exactly why are we aiming for more diverse gameplay when DE struggles to balance Warframes and has yet completed Operators? Your thirst for diversity is killing the game.

There is no problem with diversity or balancing. The problem is power creep and the communitys stance on it.

If they release a weaker than most of the playerbases standard warframe/weapon the community goes ballistic..... At this point we are demigods walking around one shoting everything in sight.

The game becomes boring when there is no challange and nothing to build towards.

The new things they add may open a path towards something better.

They should honestly rebalance everything but I doubt anyone would be satisfied with it.

On 2020-12-19 at 9:20 AM, General_Durandal said:

He plays Warframe because the Warframes are cool, powerful godly unstoppable beings

They still are.
Even more so with the changes from the last year.
They are so powerful that the statement that warframes are op is no longer just a fact but a sad one(because they negate any kind of challenge with the right build)
And in 95-99% of the content a warframe is still the best tool for the job.

He's also annoyed that you can buy Nechramechs for a large amount of plat in the store now.

It is not a large amount, it is a warframe price.
And no, the annoying part is not that they are purchasable, but the timing they put them on for sale... this was a real dik move imo. Shame on you de. :D

17 hours ago, Iccotak said:

Well I mean, you don't want them to move away from the core but you liked railjack? Then you point out railjack is closer than mechs, but aren't mechs closer to being regular frames doing regular combat?

It's also everyone's favorite past time to throw words around, we need consistency, we need a strong basis. What does any of it mean is what I am trying to say. You are okay with railjack but they shouldn't stray from what you'd like warframe to be. From everything you typed, you haven't explained how you see it.

More lore, new game modes, new frames. What specifically are we talking about, they aren't doing. It has to be specific and concrete. Item a, situation b. because c.

To me, once a game is open to the public and selling items, it's releaed. Don't matter much to me what label they give themselves, early access or whatever. Though in warframe's case it's a f2p game, where at least some parts of the community play without giving them money.

If you haven't bought the game or paying a subscription it's hard to make giant demands of them, short of of course not wanting to play their content. Obviously for people who spent a lot they are more justified.

I also think they enjoy being experimental and is what keeps them passionate about creating the game, maybe to the point of rushing off to next new thing a little too quick.

Conversely, when do you cut your losses and when do you stick with something, that hasn't worked so far. Isn't it anyone's guess, if a feature or gameplay will ever work.

Mind you, I am not trying to discredit how you feel or argue it, rather just trying to ask exactly what you mean, what it entails and what exactly you'd like to see happen.

Lastly on another topic, I feel like every game franchise there is, has abandoned itself to what they call "consolization", including Doom.

Quick-time events, covering system, auto healing, over the top melee attack etc. etc. The console formula. Games like resident evil, gta, rainbow six, mafia, deus ex, mass effect 2 with its small, linear rooms and entirely based on a covering system, since you cant aim and shoot with a controller, and so on. They have all been bastardized to sell to a wide audience on console.

So in so far as sticking to ones roots, there isn't enough left that didn't sell out,.

23 hours ago, Surbusken said:

Well I mean, you don't want them to move away from the core but you liked railjack? Then you point out railjack is closer than mechs, but aren't mechs closer to being regular frames doing regular combat?

I don't think so - RJ is at least warframe combat and onmi stuff, with a bit of space laser mission on the side. You even have to exit the big space taxi to go enter the bases to destroy them. Its more vanilla warframe than standard archwing missions are.

Mechs - if you could operate them as warframe vehicles (as one suggetsed you ride them) then it might be more warframey - the pod opens up and the WF steps in and now it becomes ground-combat-archwing instead. I doubt most woudl have a problem with that, if they were in their own mission spaces, but as we see they are allowed in open worlds and soon normal missions, I think we'll see how annoying and un-warframe they really are. At the moment they're like archwings - something you only encounter if you're running missions in their areas, but soon it'll be quite different. Open world mechs are already a bit of an annoyance.

On 2020-12-19 at 4:20 AM, General_Durandal said:

He got into Warframe for the Warframes,
and every update he's like, they keep making the Warframes less important, in a game called Warframe.

Nightwave spoiler,

Hide contents

When he learned about how the boss fight with the Glass guy goes,
he was like, "I'm not even going to bother, the sword is in Simarus's shop, i'll get it from there if I want it."

~

This event forces you out of your Warframe, into "kid mode", operator mode, and is focused on Mechs.
He doesn't like the operators, the tenno operatives where originally tenno out of their warframes,
not weird physic space kids.
He also doesn't like the mechs, they are cool, but not what he's here for.

He plays Warframe because the Warframes are cool, powerful godly unstoppable beings,
but DE keeps adding things that make them less-so, more helpless.

He says he's not even going to touch warframe anymore,
not till they start focusing on the Warframes, and improving them and their gameplay,
instead of adding all these gimmicky other things and enemies immune to all your powers.
Plenty of better games focused on weapon usage out there, Warframes where unique.

He's also annoyed that you can buy Nechramechs for a large amount of plat in the store now.
Mainly because of how hard it was to farm them when they first came around,
partly do to drops occasionally falling through the ground.

Your friend has a point, in fact he described one of the sole reasons this game is losing its identity (and for me at least, becoming kinda trash). 

The denialists will never agree but that's the ultimate truth.

On 2020-12-20 at 2:01 PM, Jarriaga said:

Yet we have Reb on record publicly saying that if all they ever did was add new WF's and weapons and maps and nothing else the game would have failed a long time ago.

And that's not what I am asking for. I am saying that they need to just make the game. This insistence on gimmicks or that the game should have perpetual feature creep makes no sense. Warframe doesn't need to be Star Citizen.

On 2020-12-21 at 5:23 AM, Surbusken said:

To me, once a game is open to the public and selling items, it's releaed.

And it's basically an incomplete game. DE has acknowledged this. Just because it's technically released doesn't make it a whole game or a complete product. DE made out the original intentions to be that they were going to push the game towards a finished solid base game and they've lost sight of that. EDIT: And especially as a released product I definitely get to criticize and give feedback on it's current state

Railjack brings focus back to core gameplay of playing a Warframe and connects the content islands - that's why I support it, but it's current state is not ideal, that's for sure. 

If you haven't bought the game or paying a subscription it's hard to make giant demands of them, short of of course not wanting to play their content. Obviously for people who spent a lot they are more justified.

Uh I've financially supported the game since back in 2013. The latest time was Chroma Prime Pack along with other cosmetics, and I did so with an understanding that they were working towards making a solid game. I think it's fair that as a supporting customer I get to give feedback on how things have progressed for the past 7 years.

I also think they enjoy being experimental and is what keeps them passionate about creating the game, maybe to the point of rushing off to next new thing a little too quick.

I appreciated their experimentation when it served towards a greater goal. But when it has come to basically created a different game then I think there's a problem.

He got into Warframe for the Warframes,
and every update he's like, they keep making the Warframes less important, in a game called Warframe.

Nightwave spoiler,

Reveal hidden contents

When he learned about how the boss fight with the Glass guy goes,
he was like, "I'm not even going to bother, the sword is in Simarus's shop, i'll get it from there if I want it."

~

This event forces you out of your Warframe, into "kid mode", operator mode, and is focused on Mechs.
He doesn't like the operators, the tenno operatives where originally tenno out of their warframes,
not weird physic space kids.
He also doesn't like the mechs, they are cool, but not what he's here for.

He plays Warframe because the Warframes are cool, powerful godly unstoppable beings,
but DE keeps adding things that make them less-so, more helpless.

He says he's not even going to touch warframe anymore,
not till they start focusing on the Warframes, and improving them and their gameplay,
instead of adding all these gimmicky other things and enemies immune to all your powers.
Plenty of better games focused on weapon usage out there, Warframes where unique.

Mainly because of how hard it was to farm them when they first came around,
partly do to drops occasionally falling through the ground.

The event is optional if you don't like you don't have to play it .

I personally opted out .

1 hour ago, bad4youLT said:

I get the point OP is making , with each none-OG update game drives it self from the core theme .

Reveal hidden contents

Operators , open world , archwing , railjack , k-drives , necramechs .

And that's probably why I'm still playing it after 5+years

Can't argue results.

Giving away Umbra for completing a mission you can't lose seemed like an "Easy Button" for all the kiddies that complained about not getting Prime, too...

...and I left the game for a LONG time after he was released... for that very reason...

They didn't earn Exi Prime power, they got it for free.
They didn't have to sacrifice anything, or support anything 7 years ago... just... woop... Sentient Exi Prime...

14 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

And that's probably why I'm still playing it after 5+years

Can't argue results.

So you telling me you log in every day to play some k-drive races , run archwing or jailjack mission for no rewards and forsake your warframe for operator and necramech gameplay ?

17 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

So you telling me you log in every day to play some k-drive races , run archwing or jailjack mission for no rewards and forsake your warframe for operator and necramech gameplay ?

No. 90% of the time I'm using my Warframe. The other stuff breaks up the monotony and keeps things interesting.

15 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

No. 90% of the time I'm using my Warframe. The other stuff breaks up the monotony and keeps things interesting.

And you really dont see how this is harming the game? 

You just admited that you dont even play or care much about it. 

37 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

And you really dont see how this is harming the game? 

You just admited that you dont even play or care much about it. 

I never said I didn't care about it. Quite the opposite. It keeps things fresh for me. They are good diversions from corridor gameplay. 

I have 2k+ hrs in this game, 10% of that time doing other activities is still a lot of time.

So no, I don't see how it's hurting the game. I see how it's kept it alive and a top contender for so long.

8 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I never said I didn't care about it. Quite the opposite. It keeps things fresh for me. They are good diversions from corridor gameplay. 

I have 2k+ hrs in this game, 10% of that time doing other activities is still a lot of time.

So no, I don't see how it's hurting the game. I see how it's kept it alive and a top contender for so long.

Open up steam charts and look into warframe player activity, youl notice 4 major spikes on 4 specific months, those were PoE, Fortuna, RJ and Deimos content dates. 

All fallowed by major player count drop compared to spikes of other content updates. 

3 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

Open up steam charts and look into warframe player activity, youl notice 4 major spikes on 4 specific months, those were PoE, Fortuna, RJ and Deimos content dates. 

All fallowed by major player count drop compared to spikes of other content updates. 

Player counts have always dropped after content updates. That's normal for a game of this type.

If you look at those same stats, you'll see that the low points are still relatively stable, and significantly higher in population than the game's first few years.

40 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Player counts have always dropped after content updates. That's normal for a game of this type.

If you look at those same stats, you'll see that the low points are still relatively stable, and significantly higher in population than the game's first few years.

Take a look agian , yes player count drops after the update but not like this , before those 4 major updates player count steadily rising , more people stayed then left , thats not the case with this ones there more people left then stayed .

Archived