Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Event killed Warframe for my friend

General_Durandal

On 2020-12-19 at 8:47 AM, SleepingVictors said:

The event is boring and repetitive and anyone who says otherwise is lying to themselves, but...

IMO this event sums up perfectly my warframe experience since old blood, railjack etc.:

Gameplay is too shallow and repetitive. On top of that you have to invest a huge amount of time to achieve some rewards.

3 hours ago, bad4youLT said:

Open up steam charts and look into warframe player activity, youl notice 4 major spikes on 4 specific months, those were PoE, Fortuna, RJ and Deimos content dates. 

All fallowed by major player count drop compared to spikes of other content updates. 

but its still doing great, whats your point? Every game has rises and falls in population, for various reasons. WFs overall numbers are still really good. I find it strange that people use Steam of all things as sign that WF is struggling when Steam Charts is clear evidence that the game is healthy and successful.

1 hour ago, Hypernaut1 said:

but its still doing great, whats your point? Every game has rises and falls in population, for various reasons. WFs overall numbers are still really good. I find it strange that people use Steam of all things as sign that WF is struggling when Steam Charts is clear evidence that the game is healthy and successful.

Doing great ? can you say that to railjack wich preaty much abondoned content island , PoE is the only one that has some trafic thanks to eidolons , deimos and fortuna get what you want and dont come back pieces of content that didnt introduce anything worth while replaying .

Out of all this PoE was only somethat succesfull for eidolons and from time time poping up in sorties , thats it , no integration to the core of game , just sitting there collecting dust for years with no attention from DE .

You call that "doing great" ?

21 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

Doing great ? can you say that to railjack wich preaty much abondoned content island , PoE is the only one that has some trafic thanks to eidolons , deimos and fortuna get what you want and dont come back pieces of content that didnt introduce anything worth while replaying .

Out of all this PoE was only somethat succesfull for eidolons and from time time poping up in sorties , thats it , no integration to the core of game , just sitting there collecting dust for years with no attention from DE .

You call that "doing great" ?

yup

18 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

yup

Cant tell if your being seriuos or trolling me here. 

You know what I would do in DE stead? 

I would take sorties, Invasions, void fissures, alerts and put those in open worlds and rj to give them replay value. 

Kuva, rivens, forma, ducats, prime parts, endo, credits, affinity, rare resources, the very things any player needs. 

Get rid of standing and new resources to avoid "content islands" and give older players heads up. 

Incorporate tile and mission system in some way to open worlds and rj. 

Trim filler and unnesecary stuff in bounties. 

And much more. 

21 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

Cant tell if your being seriuos or trolling me here. 

You know what I would do in DE stead? 

I would take sorties, Invasions, void fissures, alerts and put those in open worlds and rj to give them replay value. 

Kuva, rivens, forma, ducats, prime parts, endo, credits, affinity, rare resources, the very things any player needs. 

Get rid of standing and new resources to avoid "content islands" and give older players heads up. 

Incorporate tile and mission system in some way to open worlds and rj. 

Trim filler and unnesecary stuff in bounties. 

And much more. 

i dont know, i trust the decisions of the guys that actually created and maintain a successful looter shooter. The fact that you think you have all the answers is laughable. Im sure the decisions they make dont come lightly... and without tons of data we are not privy too. Im not saying everything they do is perfect, but to act like they are clueless doesnt make sense when the proof is in their success. We arent talking about War Robots here or something. 

They are literally in the top 20 on Steam, with only Destiny 2 as competition among games in similar genre. 

6 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

i dont know, i trust the decisions of the guys that actually created and maintain a successful looter shooter. The fact that you think you have all the answers is laughable. Im sure the decisions they make dont come lightly... and without tons of data we are not privy too. Im not saying everything they do is perfect, but to act like they are clueless doesnt make sense when the proof is in their success. We arent talking about War Robots here or something. 

They are literally in the top 20 on Steam, with only Destiny 2 as competition among games in similar genre. 

Yeah in top 20, 3 years ago it consistantly stayed in top 10.

No I dont have awnser for everything but I do know that if you dont want upset to put it littly the player base you dont release haf-as bugy content islands for updates. 

Do you know what DE called rj before release? Not a content island but rather a bridge to connect other pieces of content. 

And what did you we get? 

Le 19/12/2020 à 08:20, General_Durandal a dit :

He got into Warframe for the Warframes,
and every update he's like, they keep making the Warframes less important, in a game called Warframe.

Nightwave spoiler,

Masquer le contenu

When he learned about how the boss fight with the Glass guy goes,
he was like, "I'm not even going to bother, the sword is in Simarus's shop, i'll get it from there if I want it."

~

This event forces you out of your Warframe, into "kid mode", operator mode, and is focused on Mechs.
He doesn't like the operators, the tenno operatives where originally tenno out of their warframes,
not weird physic space kids.
He also doesn't like the mechs, they are cool, but not what he's here for.

He plays Warframe because the Warframes are cool, powerful godly unstoppable beings,
but DE keeps adding things that make them less-so, more helpless.

He says he's not even going to touch warframe anymore,
not till they start focusing on the Warframes, and improving them and their gameplay,
instead of adding all these gimmicky other things and enemies immune to all your powers.
Plenty of better games focused on weapon usage out there, Warframes where unique.

He's also annoyed that you can buy Nechramechs for a large amount of plat in the store now.
Mainly because of how hard it was to farm them when they first came around,
partly do to drops occasionally falling through the ground.

OK Lol

29 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

Yeah in top 20, 3 years ago it consistantly stayed in top 10.

No I dont have awnser for everything but I do know that if you dont want upset to put it littly the player base you dont release haf-as bugy content islands for updates. 

Do you know what DE called rj before release? Not a content island but rather a bridge to connect other pieces of content. 

And what did you we get? 

What is it like 13 now or something? And this was before destiny 2. I'm just failing to see how this have is doing bad by any metric. Even the salt in the forums are an indication of it's increasing popularity. Path of Exile used to be a competitor, but that game has truly dropped in ranking, and it's still doing well.  I'm not even sure if it's top 30 anymore. PVE games usually have a shelf like add Warframe is managing to keep it's head will above water for years. 

Dips in popularity will happen. If anything, I think the player base can get too big and attract a bunch of the wrong kind of people that expect to be handed everything. WF is not a mainstream kind of game. 

On 2020-12-19 at 4:19 AM, Circle_of_Psi said:

Wait what?

Yeah, both Necramechs (pre-built) can be bought for 375 plat in the Market now.  Makes it easier for someone to acquire one w/o grinding standing for Loid.
I don't know, if it comes with the summon gear to use the mech in open world maps though. No word on that.

22 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

What is it like 13 now or something? And this was before destiny 2. I'm just failing to see how this have is doing bad by any metric. Even the salt in the forums are an indication of it's increasing popularity. Path of Exile used to be a competitor, but that game has truly dropped in ranking, and it's still doing well.  I'm not even sure if it's top 30 anymore. PVE games usually have a shelf like add Warframe is managing to keep it's head will above water for years. 

Dips in popularity will happen. If anything, I think the player base can get too big and attract a bunch of the wrong kind of people that expect to be handed everything. WF is not a mainstream kind of game. 

I agree that warframe isn't mainstream game and managed to live quite a long life , this however doesnt chnage the fact that game is strugling in maintaining its player base , specificly veteran players who can thanked for basacly keeping the game alive as they help out new players while DE for years keep forgeting to adress the issue .

And that it continues to fail to increase player base with some of the really bad or miss advertised updates wich hurt this game to this day . I still remember how some people instead of banding together to voice their concerns to DE in hopes of getting their attention to improve game told others who did that to leave the game wich doesnt help one bit .

9 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

I agree that warframe isn't mainstream game and managed to live quite a long life , this however doesnt chnage the fact that game is strugling in maintaining its player base , specificly veteran players who can thanked for basacly keeping the game alive as they help out new players while DE for years keep forgeting to adress the issue .

And that it continues to fail to increase player base with some of the really bad or miss advertised updates wich hurt this game to this day . I still remember how some people instead of banding together to voice their concerns to DE in hopes of getting their attention to improve game told others who did that to leave the game wich doesnt help one bit .

Ok, we'll have to agree to disagree. Personally, I consider anything above 40k players average as overachieving for the kind of game it is. 

I expect veterans to leave over time. This isn't a pvp or social game. It's finite. It's not even based on loot with random numbers besides Rivens. 

26 minutes ago, Troposphere6 said:

Warframe dropping in the rankings doesn't necessarily mean anything about the games performance. Other games growth and warframes growth are not necessarily interrelated. 

Complitely disagree , other games that grow creally show that they improved while warframe stayed in its semi-bad , semi-good state that persisted for years .

2 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

Complitely disagree , other games that grow creally show that they improved while warframe stayed in its semi-bad , semi-good state that persisted for years .

Factually the growth of one game doesn't necessarily mean anything to the growth of another game. It's as simple as that. You may believe that warframe is doing poorly but the number of players on steam playing warframe at any given point in time compared with for instance the number of players playing cyberpunk 2077 at any given point in time will not tell you which game is doing better. 

7 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Ok, we'll have to agree to disagree. Personally, I consider anything above 40k players average as overachieving for the kind of game it is. 

I expect veterans to leave over time. This isn't a pvp or social game. It's finite.

We had more active players 3 years ago , before PoE and its hype , if that doesn't tell you something then I dont know what will .

I want the geme to improve , I want the passionate devs back , the ones from 2014-2015 , I want the game to be as good as it was in its golden years back in 2014 , but most importantly I want to see game grow and not to be in this consistant state of loss and bad updates that don't contribute much .

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, ThumpumGood said:

Says the guy posting for post count

Literally the stupidest person I've met on here in a while with the stupidest comment. I'm starting to thinn however that you actually do care about your post count judging by the amount of butthurt you display. What's it like being so needy and insecure?

18 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Literally the stupidest person I've met on here in a while with the stupidest comment. I'm starting to thinn however that you actually do care about your post count judging by the amount of butthurt you display. What's it like being so needy and insecure?

Keep calling me stupid... Doesnt change the fact that you're being a protectionist who also posts for count. I've been here since the game went beta and have less than 600 posts in all that time. Seriously... just stop. You arent fooling anyone especially since you keep trying to say you arent posting for notoriety.

You really need a new hobby

Just now, ThumpumGood said:

Keep calling me stupid... Doesnt change the fact that you're being a protectionist who also posts for count. I've been here since the game went beta and have less than 600 posts in all that time. Seriously... just stop. You arent fooling anyone especially since you keep trying to say you arent posting for notoriety.

You really need a new hobby

The man that says I need a new hobby is the one trying to troll people online that's cute. I think it's time for your daily breast feed and then a nap mate. 

So because you've been here longer you're butthurt because you have less posts is that it? I can only imagine what you must think of the people with about 15k posts lol. I spend my time on here mostly to help others in players helping players but also to discuss things while I'm bored at work, case in point right now I'm being paid weekend rates to laugh at you. Since I have time to kill, why shouldn't I talk on here with like-minded people? Does that offend you in some way? If it does too bad, I'm not going to change my daily habits to suit your mightiness so yeh, deal with it. What's truly laughable is that you're the one who continually brings up my post count while I haven't mentioned it once, why would I care about it? It's how many times I've replied to a comment and pressed submit, wow big achievement... 

Anyway, time for your nap, run along now little troll.

10 minutes ago, ThumpumGood said:

Keep calling me stupid...

Well in my defense you decided to reply to a post made over 10 days ago so I just assumed that's how long it took you to read the comment. Perhaps you're like that Sloth in the DMV in Zootopia? Otherwise, it would take an extremely petty person to reply 10 days later to a comment that was made.

50 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Well in my defense you decided to reply to a post made over 10 days ago so I just assumed that's how long it took you to read the comment. Perhaps you're like that Sloth in the DMV in Zootopia? Otherwise, it would take an extremely petty person to reply 10 days later to a comment that was made.

Which shows you that I have better things to do than haunt the forums. Do you do anything else? Sure doesnt seem like it.

The OP stated HIS FRIEND was leaving, not that HE was leaving. Talk about not paying attention. We see you're just trying to get a post count that makes you look like you know what you're talking about. Just stop already. You're a troll just for the purpose of being a troll. People like you make the forum a toxic place and I really wish you'd get a hobby that is productive.

Archived