kuva fortress - black screen bug

**black screen bug - 10th december 2020**

ive been getting a flickering black box on my screen since update 29.5.5 in the kuva fortress survival mission

it also happens during the kuva spy and kuva exterminate missions i dont know about the other missions
black screen bug

**update - 26th december 2020**

i just did an axi fissure on sedna and i got black boxs on the screen during mission

**update 29th december 2020**

the bug is happening in sorties for me

**update 16th january 2021**

black boxs on screen during isolation and arcana vaults on deimos

Edited by (NSW)Taipan20
update info

Been having same issue in all lead up to fortress itself.

Figured it was in game effect and specific to portable mode.

Black squares cover the whole screen in parts of the mission and makes some parts of the game completely unplayable, first use of operator ability and I noticed the squares cover the screen when I try to use transference on the Golden Maw. 

Squares seem to fade out when I look up or down, as I'm focusing on different area.

I will add extra detail when I'm near switch again

I just finished The War Within quest tonight and I had the same problem. I'm not sure if this would work for you but I went to Display settings and turned off Local Reflections and Volumetric Lighting then after I hit confirm the background stopped flickering. 

After I finished the quest and began a new mission in the Kuva fortress tileset, the screen flickered again and I reversed the change. Surprisingly that stopped the background from flickering too. This leads me to believe it isn't necessarily the change but something in the display settings fixes display bugs when refreshed. I'd give it a try!

Earlier forums this black screen flicker concerned the Corpus snowy tileset and people suggested turning off Bloom. I'd suggest do that too. 

21 hours ago, (NSW)Jusbene said:

I just finished The War Within quest tonight and I had the same problem. I'm not sure if this would work for you but I went to Display settings and turned off Local Reflections and Volumetric Lighting then after I hit confirm the background stopped flickering. 

After I finished the quest and began a new mission in the Kuva fortress tileset, the screen flickered again and I reversed the change. Surprisingly that stopped the background from flickering too. This leads me to believe it isn't necessarily the change but something in the display settings fixes display bugs when refreshed. I'd give it a try!

Earlier forums this black screen flicker concerned the Corpus snowy tileset and people suggested turning off Bloom. I'd suggest do that too. 

That's a temporarily manual fix for disabling this bug in *one* mission.

Once you are back up on your orbiter, the setting would be automatically reset, re-enable the flashy black boxes and turning on your screen shakes in all mission meh.

(spoilers)

I experienced some black boxes doing the first mission of the War Within on the Kuva Fortress. However it didn't get bad until I got to the part where you stun and use transference on the golden maw. My entire screen went black. I had my HUD but everything with that part made the screen black.

The two settings mentioned above did not fix the problem for me, I turned off all the visual enhancement settings and that worked. That was probably not completely necessary but I was able to finish the quest.

My main account is on Xbox, started a new one on switch... Pay no mind to the (Xbox) in my name...

Edited by (XBOX)LunarDreamer
Xbox in name
  • 2 weeks later...