Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Necramech XP bug

Ch0c0L4t3BuNNi3

This has happened to me OVER and OVER and OVER again... since when I was leveling Voidrig prior to Bonewidow release patch. 
What happens is when you die as a warframe after directly exiting necramech, and going directly from operator to warframe, and immediately dying. If you do not enter necramech from your warframe, you lose ALL of the experience you gained as a necramech

I do not know the specific cause of this, or if this explanation even is the real reason. But it's extremely triggering when you have a limited amount of time to play Warframe each day, and you come back home, to sit and relax and level the few things you have left for masteryrank, and after a  mission, everything you did for experience is erased....

I'm sure this is unintentional, if this is... DEVs need to serious get their crap together and rework the XP system for mechs.

I have 2 screenshots, detailing the most recent attempt at this happening. This was during the new event (Orphix venom) you can tell based on the rewards of Phasic Cells and the mission score of 6,363 (we cleared 16 Orphix) I was in my mech the ENTIRE time, slashing around on my BoneWidow trying to get it leveled up to level 38 for my last forma. You can tell in my stats that I killed 346 units, and 215 were melee kills. (these were ALL in the necramech cz if you check my rewards picture, you can see that my madurai lens that I have attached to my melee weapon got nearly 0 xp) If you look at that experience side, you will also notice that only syndicate points were given, and no experience was granted to my Newly forma'd Ironbride, or my level 13 Morgha, or my level 28 Bonewidow.. NOTHING.. it just negated ALL my experience. Sadge. plz get this crap fixed)
missionstats.pngmission_rewards.png

I saw another post add a picture of their necramech to show the lack of xp gained in their 55min mission. I started the mission on a r28 bonewidow, r13 morgha, and a r2 ironbride.
This was my loadout for the mission. (rank 2 ironbride? after 200+ lvl30+ grineer and sentient kills?)  I will document further cases of this happening when it happens again for more proof if needed... and this is exactly how it was after the mission ended. 

mech_loadout_prior_to_mission.png

same here,

my weapon was 30, then i guess it resetted and after some time it was lv 10, and after the mission it was lv 0

i was host

https://i.imgur.com/fzeQG0W.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/2Vk3Ec4.jpeg

i have a video if thats needed

maybe its related to the random destroyed necramechs since i entered a few

interestingly my voidrig didnt lose xp tho, maybe bc i was host

Well since it looks like it wont be quick fixed or patched out anytime soon, I can at least try to help some of you who are worried or have experienced this multiple times with some tips. 

First, be sure to exit your necramech and RE-ENTER YOUR MECH AS YOURE IN WARFRAME. Meaning, instead of just popping out into your operator form, and then jumping back into your mech, make sure you first go back to your warframe as an operator after leaving mech, and then go back into your mech directly from your warframe. To my knowledge, this at least in part saves some of the experience gained in your mech as "warframe earned" experience, and will allow you to save at least some of it

Second, if you're worried , you can just use warframes that are not too squishy, and won't die in a couple of hits from the enemy. This gives you time to transition back into you mech as your warframe, and not completely dying everytime you try to pop back out into your warframe.

Third, if you are ever downed or notice any of your teammates in a down state during these missions where the squads trying to level their necramech (profit taker, deimos, orphix venom, etc.) ask and wait for your teammates to come revive you (dont commit suicide and revive on your own) or help them out if you aren't the one downed. Alternatively, you can use [sacrifice] on your sentinel to revive you, or the new vulpaphyla mod [martyr symbiosis] to heal you when your hp is low, and this would help resolve the issue of losing xp after death. 

Hope this helps. 

I forma'd my Fluctus twice during this event, first time it ranked back from 0 to 30 with no problem, 2nd time it keeps reverting to rank0.

End of mission reports show it ranked from 0 to 30, then I go to arsenal, and see it unranked. Viewing "Last mission result" doesn't show any mastery on any weapon, though my bonewidow was leveling fine during this mission.

Repeated this 3 times, last time was without any deaths, and I was host. (other times I wasnt host, and the weapon also did not rank up)

19 minutes ago, Braneman said:

Same thing happened to me, I thought it was because of a host migration that happened in the mission, my Necramech never died in the entire mission.

it seems that this issue with archgun xp came with with the update. i never experienced it myself so i dont know, but there are some posts on it on the Orphix Venom bug megathread. 
The xp issue I highlighted here has been taking place since the I started doing isolation vaults. 

16 hours ago, Braneman said:

Same thing happened to me, I thought it was because of a host migration that happened in the mission, my Necramech never died in the entire mission.

I had a host migration just before extracting and lost all experiences and rewards. Just great... Entertaining 56 minutes.

This literally just happened to me.  I was levelling my Voidrig while doing an arcana bounty.  Exited my necramech and died in my warframe.  And ALL of my levels (plus any alevels gained via bonus affinity) were LOST and my necramech was reset to RANK ZERO!!! This is beyond frustrating.  

9 hours ago, pr0sto said:

I had a host migration just before extracting and lost all experiences and rewards. Just great... Entertaining 56 minutes.

yup happened to me too just now... 28mins into a mission and 3 of us were waiting at extraction in our mechs, and the host disconnects on his way to extraction. We lost all our xp AND loot.. lol

Edit: 32 mech levels btw.. rofl

I just had a weird one... End of Mission screen, I had 60K affinity earned toward Zenurik. Huzzah! We all leave squad. I pull up last mission results: now I have 3K affinity earned toward Zenurik. The amount earned by the mech/mech gun was zeroed out. Boo. ><

Same happened to me: maxed my necramech (lvl 36) in the an endless orhpix venom mission. And suddenly (~30th orphix) it was unranked again. It happened after I was accidentally using another necrameach that was lying around, maybe that's related. Then we continued until 36 and I got it to lvl 10 or something again and then we extracted and now it's still unranked.

I'm feeling upset right now that i feel like to literally eat a warframe. Because it was like 36 Minutes of my life never happened. Started from level 8 then reached 26 and droped back to 8. Just because i died once, the scenario was exactly like the TS mentioned.
ZSJCGKU.jpg

Archived