The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Not Give Each Side Their Weapons.

Oizen

In Lore, there are a thousand different ways they could justify it.  The badges were intended for immediate distribution to let their forces tell hostile tenno from friendly, but logistics difficulties delayed it.  The guns were given as rewards to long serving Tennos, and once aware of their existence Lotus was able to steal the plans from the faction in question.  The melees were given as a gift by the victorious faction after the fact to the Lotus in hopes of securing loyalty in future conflicts, and she distributed them as she saw fit, rewarding any tenno who took a stance regardless of their particular affiliation.

Total fan wank, but with the way the lore is, anything based on lore is going to be largely wank.

From a game perspective, there are good reasons to do it this way as well.  This way DE automatically avoids any possibility of an uproar by an imbalance between the weapons.  If we switch to this other method and the Detron turns out to be significantly better then the Brakk, then DE runs directly into a situation where anybody who won got a slot and potato, but missed out on the currently exclusive better gun.  Had it been the Corpus winning but the Brakk was better, they'd have run into the same issue.  From DE's perspective, avoiding that thicket has to be a huge advantage.  Pretty big advantage to us too - at the very least, none of us will ever regret our choice based on differing stats of weapons that we didn't get to see.

They also, as noted, avoid the uproar from collectors about mutually exclusive items.   For all the noise that's being made, they're also avoiding plenty of trouble by doing it this way.

Agreed 100% abt the weapon balance. That was the only reason I could think of to justify this. However, is it really that hard to balance two similar hand cannons?

Depends on how similar they are.  If they're both just point and bang, should be easy.  Corpus generally don't use point and bang though, and if it's something like a mini-grenade launcher versus a plasma gun with a charge mechanic or the like, could be a real bear.  We just don't know enough about either of the guns to know if it would be hard or not.

Im not worried since I only did 51 for the Corpus, so I wouldnt get Detron even if DE changed the rules. And I doubt this one will be as good as Bronco Prime and Twin Gremlins are for me now.

I have a lot of weapons already. DE keeps releasing new weapons constantly. Maybe is because most players like to farm/grind for new weapons.

But what I want now is new tileset (gas planet, train station, forest, ruined city, etc), new game modes (invasion one is very good, just need more enemy units since its too short), a map with a fast train moving (kind of pursuit of Tenno by their enemies), and a new faction around to twist the conflict between Corpus and Grineer. Oh, and before I forget... the Cells.

Edited by Wolfstorm18

If the event is to be repeated again, i would like to see faction lock, if the reward would be decided by the winning side.

or

if no faction lock, then only let each account play a maximum number of repeat per battle (about 20). That way, huge clan-no life will not have advantage over the casual player by influence the outcome. Also, disable the winning/losing indicator, and put it as time limit. This will completely erase the bias that everyone will side the winning side for the obviously better reward. The winning/losing will be determined by number of missions that were done by corpus/grineer, which ever side has higher number will win.

My only disappointment about this event is about the whole issue of switching side easily.

Considering how little time is left and how Grineer are planets ahead score-wise, we're at the point where reward-driven players will switch from Corpus to Grineer, simply because Potato'ed Weapons + Slots are a nicer reward than 2 BPs.

There's no reason to stick with Corpus at this stage, given the only thing you gain out of this is a badge. Everything else you get either way, only either it's crafted, potatoed and with a free slot, or a BP that requires materials, credits, time, and plat needed for the slots and 2 potatoes (unless you got left-overs).

Me? I'm not sure if I even want to continue grinding the remaining 55 missions to reach 100 for a weapon I never asked for... time is precious and not something I have tons of to begin with.

It's one of the reasons why I already dislike how T1-T3 mod card rewards work. I don't have 30+ minutes to spend on a single defense/survival mission for a chance to get the rare mod(s) I desperately seek for the past 5 months (Split Chamber, among others), and then the reward screen greets me with a fire-element mod that I have dozens of already.

I'm sure there's more people out there who don't spend 24/7 playing Warframe, either.

If I spend THAT much time on something, you better make sure that the reward is the one I decided to sacrifice my time for, not the one decided by stupid dice-rolling or community.

Considering how little time is left and how Grineer are planets ahead score-wise, we're at the point where reward-driven players will switch from Corpus to Grineer, simply because Potato'ed Weapons + Slots are a nicer reward than 2 BPs.

There's no reason to stick with Corpus at this stage, given the only thing you gain out of this is a badge. Everything else you get either way, only either it's crafted, potatoed and with a free slot, or a BP that requires materials, credits, time, and plat needed for the slots and 2 potatoes (unless you got left-overs).

Me? I'm not sure if I even want to continue grinding the remaining 55 missions to reach 100 for a weapon I never asked for... time is precious and not something I have tons of to begin with.

It's one of the reasons why I already dislike how T1-T3 mod card rewards work. I don't have 30+ minutes to spend on a single defense/survival mission for a chance to get the rare mod(s) I desperately seek for the past 5 months (Split Chamber, among others), and then the reward screen greets me with a fire-element mod that I have dozens of already.

I'm sure there's more people out there who don't spend 24/7 playing Warframe, either.

If I spend THAT much time on something, you better make sure that the reward is the one I decided to sacrifice my time for, not the one decided by stupid dice-rolling or community.

Well said. +1

uh, you get the supercharged tear 2 weapon decides by the winnig faction anyway, if u have done 25 missions in total. It doesn't matter if you supported the losing one.

And besides that, well Free 2 Play just works this way it is in warframe.

But sure, even if i have done over 100 missions for this event, the cap for earning the tier 3 reward is too high for average players.

Edited by kyuubi11001

I haven't read all ten pages of this thread, so forgive me if this has already been suggested.

Why not giving to the Corpus (since it's pretty clear they'll be the losing side) the Prova Vandal?

Without taking into consideration the so-called "mercenaries", we almost all chose our side either because of lore or because of the tier 3 weapon (I'm generalizing, but cannot do it another way); since we all read and implicitly agreed to the rules of this event, we must accept that we might lose, and so receive little to no reward because of that.

However, all the hard-life talk aside, this is a game and not the real world, so you cannot always just paste the logics of life into it. What I mean is that a game like Warframe is driven by incentive and reward, and "screwing" a fairly consistent part of its vocal playerbase is something they want to avoid, I guess.

So the best solution to me is giving to the losing side, maybe keeping the 100 mission requirement, the Vandal weapon; this will allow the winners to feel like they have been justly rewarded for they efforts, since they get the nice handcannon, but also give those who lost, but who really put time and will into it, something to show off and to be proud of, without compromising the fair unbalance between winners and losers.

Sure giving everyone the shiny new weapon they fought so hard for would make everyone happy, but if everyone is happy in a competition, then it's not really a competition. But still I feel like those who gave their all could ask for a bit of recognition without sounding too entitled.

My two cents, fellow Tennos. :) 

Edited by Atlon

I think the biggest problem people have with this event is that there is no reward for loyalty to one side. People who do both Corpus and Grineer evenly can get the better reward by simply switching sides at the very end by doing one or two missions. While people who have knowingly supported one side have a chance of getting a worse reward if their side looses. It just feels like DE is rewarding people for playing the system rather then rewarding them for making a decision.

Personally, I feel if they are going give out a blueprint of the loosing side's weapon, it should be only to people who have significantly supported their side over the other.

Edited by Zyion