Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orphix Venom's "Bad Luck Insurance" Should Be Implemented Elsewhere

Ulseth

When you enter an Orphix Venom mission, during rotations A, B and C, you can randomly get parts of the Lavos Warframe, his signature weapon, and some Necramech mods, this would normally make, at least potentially, for a very tedious farm, if you're planning on getting everything, depending on how lucky you happen to be.

Father's shop also sells all parts of Lavos, his weapon, and all Necramech mods previously mentioned, which solves the issue of potentially endless farming due to bad luck by creating a "ceiling" to the amount of time you must spend repeating the mission for random rewards until you can finally get all of the desired items, which is great, so much so that I feel like it needs to be implemented elsewhere, such as in future updates.

The chances of getting the items due to RNG during the mission, and the specific amount of time you have to spend before you can purchase what you're missing can both be modified and aren't really as important, in my opinion, as the feature itself of the ceiling existing in the first place, without removing RNG from the picture.

I'm just making this topic in the hopes that this feature remains in some way and doesn't become a permanent exclusive to this limited-time event.

Sometimes it doesn;t make sense to have a shop full of stuff you can't buy unless you've run missions to get the things they sell! But I would like to see all such items that are droppped tradable with other parts of the same item.

I can do this with - for example - the Formorian reward drops. I had many stocks, no barrels and I traded with someone who had many barrels and no stocks. We were happy. This should be the case with other boss drops, not traded for plat as that means you don't have to play the missions at all, but traded for the other components in the set.

I'd prefer this approach to a shop. It works for this one because the "money" is only available for this mission and these parts. If you open it up to other parts elsewhere, then suddenly you no longer need to play boss missions or whereever the drops come from.

I call it a "pity timer" and it was something I came to appreciate in the games that had it. It still lets the lucky people benefit from their luck, and lets those of us without that kind of luck know that grinding will eventually produce results instead of considering it utterly hopeless and give up. I honestly don't know why all devs don't add this in, it's not hurting anyone or anything, including their bottom line.

Archived