Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Years to fix.

ECACA

Question

Ok..

I will ask Nice.

You NEED 4 dots on top, Nice sized Dots, that do things.

1 is for LIMBO and he puts us OUT OF FAZE/Phaze

2. 3 dots..  1 for EACh team mate.  Green/yellow/RED

Green in game, yellow they are in the exit area/RED, they LEFT.

You have had YEARS to set something up so I/WE can tell if our team is LEAVING.

Chat dont do it, as its randomly on/off and IM NOT LOOKING THERE to see if someone is talking.

JUST DO IT.

Zitat

You get a message when someone is about to leave (waiting at extraction point) and you can see the remaining players in your session at the top right on the screen, so I don‘t understand what‘s missing. 

Edited by Die_Frucht83
Posted blank by accident
  • Like 5
vor 2 Stunden schrieb Die_Frucht83:

You get a message when someone is about to leave (waiting at extraction point) and you can see the remaining players in your session at the top right on the screen, so I don‘t understand what‘s missing. 

crap was going to write excatly the same... maybe he needs an audio and another visually hint to get informed when this and that happens... (in this case maybe sounds and a small video recap of a train leaving the station :))

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Khrel said:

crap was going to write excatly the same... maybe he needs an audio and another visually hint to get informed when this and that happens... (in this case maybe sounds and a small video recap of a train leaving the station :))

the exorcist train GIF

• Like 2

Yup, ecaca strikes again. At this point if i couldn't understand what he mean the first time i read it, i don't bother to read it again.

Internet credibility is like mr: it could mean nothing, but it could also definitely mean something.

• Like 1

Apparently, OP wants to know when Limbo puts you into the rift, and when teammates are extracting. 

1.) Limbo has sound, visual, and context clues. You can hear when you enter the rift, as well as the difference of when you're in it. There are visual differences as well as differences in how shadows are displayed when you're in the rift. Energy will regenerate at an increased rate and weapons may or may not hit enemies. If you can pay attention to NONE of this, I don't know what to tell you. I'd rather not, along with this laundry list of annoying bullS#&$, have my chat get constantly spammed and create more annoyance on my screen due to him simply existing. 

2.) When teammates are extracting, there is a large, capitalized sentence that states something along the lines of "X/4 TEAMMATES ARE WAITING" right above your crosshair. There's a timer that starts at 60 seconds for most game modes. The announcer of the game mode sometimes will say a special voiceline that alludes to the fact that you're leaving the game. Your teammate's markers will no longer be inside the box of your minimap. When they actually leave the game, your player list will disappear, assuming you have it active. Most of the time, people will say in chat that they plan to extract at some specific interval of time, or simply say "gg." 

We don't need more things cluttering the in-mission UI. There are more than enough hints that both of these things are happening in the game. If you have a problem with visual or auditory cues, such as them being too subtle or you being unable to properly assess them due to disability, please make a thread in https://forums.warframe.com/forum/18-art-animation-ui/ 

This sub-forum is used for players of the game to help other players. Not to demand features from the developers. Posting threads in the wrong sub-forum can result in warning points being added to your account, which can lead to suspension from the forums. 

• Like 3

Dont you get a little textpiece in the middle of your screen about how many of your squad are waiting at the exit point? Same like how you get this text when someone is at a co-op door.

Having a marker for someone who already left is really pointless. If they get replaced by others(often the case in hydron/helene) when they drop out early you might end up with dots all over your screen. Thats gonna be fun to look at

Limbo's rift marker is basically your entire screen. Everything gets their colours washed out and black lines surround objects, like a cartoon. Its never been confusing if i've been in the rift or not.

(Edit) P.S. typing:"just do it" in caps at the bottom of your rant is not the same as "asking nice", like you announced you would do. Might wanna edit that.

Edited by (NSW)IronElemental
Added stuff, prevented double-post
  • Like 1
On 2020-12-20 at 12:08 AM, ECACA said:

Ok..

I will ask Nice.

Chat dont do it, as its randomly on/off and IM NOT LOOKING THERE to see if someone is talking.

JUST DO IT.

There's a minimap and a mission map that you can toggle on your screen. That will show you where everyone is. 

There's a notification whenever people are waiting at the Extraction Point. So no need for a yellow dot. 

There's two sets of information in the HUD showing you the names and icons of the squad, one to the top of the screen, on the left, and another on the right side of the screen which also shows the state of their shields and health. If someone leaves their name and icons are no longer shown, so no need for a red dot. 

And any chat messages for the active channel pop up on your screen, usually to the bottom left of the screen, when the message is sent, you don't have to toggle it into view. 

Limbo rifting you, causes the colours, lighting and sounds to change. If you are unable to notice a change that affects your entire screen, I doubt that you will notice a change to a small dot at the top which indicates whether you are in the rift or not. Especially since you seem to be able to ignore the other notifications/changes that pop up. 

Literally everything you are asking for is already provided by the HUD during mission, and these features have been in the game for years. 

• Like 3
Il y a 23 heures, ShichiseitenYasha a dit :

Apparently, OP wants to know when Limbo puts you into the rift, and when teammates are extracting. 

1.) Limbo has sound, visual, and context clues. You can hear when you enter the rift, as well as the difference of when you're in it. There are visual differences as well as differences in how shadows are displayed when you're in the rift. Energy will regenerate at an increased rate and weapons may or may not hit enemies. If you can pay attention to NONE of this, I don't know what to tell you. I'd rather not, along with this laundry list of annoying bullS#&$, have my chat get constantly spammed and create more annoyance on my screen due to him simply existing. 

2.) When teammates are extracting, there is a large, capitalized sentence that states something along the lines of "X/4 TEAMMATES ARE WAITING" right above your crosshair. There's a timer that starts at 60 seconds for most game modes. The announcer of the game mode sometimes will say a special voiceline that alludes to the fact that you're leaving the game. Your teammate's markers will no longer be inside the box of your minimap. When they actually leave the game, your player list will disappear, assuming you have it active. Most of the time, people will say in chat that they plan to extract at some specific interval of time, or simply say "gg." 

We don't need more things cluttering the in-mission UI. There are more than enough hints that both of these things are happening in the game. If you have a problem with visual or auditory cues, such as them being too subtle or you being unable to properly assess them due to disability, please make a thread in https://forums.warframe.com/forum/18-art-animation-ui/ 

This sub-forum is used for players of the game to help other players. Not to demand features from the developers. Posting threads in the wrong sub-forum can result in warning points being added to your account, which can lead to suspension from the forums. 

1. NOT if you are fighting in loud area..  And if Limbo sound overwhelmed other sounds??  what would you do? And you want me to look at shadows while in melee?  Ok.  and I hope you understand your existence does not require You to know you exist.

2.Numbers above my crosshairs?  Not that I can see.  And Im pointing and shooting.  But not in melee?  And AM I paying attention to a Screen, looking for x? number of msg that are possible to get my attention?  NOPE. Love text..Would really love to read it, over a colorful display, but WHITE ON WHITE ISNT GOOD READING, TEACH them what Anime LEARNED LONG AGO.  OUTLINE THE TEXT.  that goes for the Sniper Aiming also.  you dont make it as WHITE as the snow.  This is an advanced race?

ANd for the others NOPE, NOT on the mini map either.  Generally not fighting with the OTHERS.  And the CHAT, set for the mission, is STUPID, as it randomly pops up and down, NOT WHEN a person SAYS ANYTHING.  And Im not looking Down near my feet for my next target.

And as you mentioned it first.  Yes I have many handicaps.  Want one?  I think you need one... Just 1.

And since you all wish to Fight the subject and not debate both sides.  its your loss.

Il y a 14 heures, (PSN)guzmantt1977 a dit :

Literally everything you are asking for is already provided by the HUD during mission, and these features have been in the game for years. 

Lets see, 7 years playing off and on.  Wish you to go and look at a real reticle,  Tell me what it looks like, and Yes there are Many types.

And have you been in the middle of 20 enemy and fighting melee, and looking for the Crosshair?  ya try that.  Love how those ancients love to give you hugs.  So you have time to read TEXT on your screen?  Good for you.  And up in the Right corner..Those dont change until they have LEFT.  And the warning?  Im not reading TEXT unless my team has posted it, and that ISNT popping up with NEW posts.  ANd it would be nice if it was an OUTLINED FONT.  Like every Anime created in the last 25 years.

On 2020-12-19 at 8:08 PM, ECACA said:

Ok..

I will ask Nice.

JUST DO IT.

Press "Z". That's all the info you need to know about your squad. 

And you don't even need that to play effectively. 

Wrong forum btw. 

Edited by Tesseract7777
6 minutes ago, ECACA said:

Lets see, 7 years playing off and on.  Wish you to go and look at a real reticle,  Tell me what it looks like, and Yes there are Many types.

And have you been in the middle of 20 enemy and fighting melee, and looking for the Crosshair?  ya try that.  Love how those ancients love to give you hugs.  So you have time to read TEXT on your screen?  Good for you.  And up in the Right corner..Those dont change until they have LEFT.  And the warning?  Im not reading TEXT unless my team has posted it, and that ISNT popping up with NEW posts.  ANd it would be nice if it was an OUTLINED FONT.  Like every Anime created in the last 25 years.

LOL, my friend, I've seen my share of real reticles. 

And the funny thing about video games, is that the reticles tend to stay generally in the same place. If you are having trouble looking for them, you may want to consider not bobbing an weaving in your gaming chair quite as much. 

And yes, I do have time to glance at the text on my screen, just as I have time to glance at the traffic signs I pass while driving, and also checking both side view mirrors and the rear view mirror, and even somehow manage to keep track of most of the vehicles on the road. It's a simple matter of "situational awareness". 

Again if what's there is currently asking too much of your ability to keep track of.... adding more stuff to the list of things you need to keep track of, is highly unlikely to help you. 😄

• Like 6

I think I've detected the issue you're having, you're really REALLY bad at the game. None of us have a single problem with anything you're complaining about, I recommend paying more attention when playing and perhaps investing in a pair of glasses. 

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy
19 hours ago, ECACA said:

1. NOT if you are fighting in loud area..  And if Limbo sound overwhelmed other sounds??  what would you do? And you want me to look at shadows while in melee?  Ok.  and I hope you understand your existence does not require You to know you exist.

If you're fighting in a loud area, that's what all the visual clues are for. I do not understand what you mean by "if Limbo sound overwhelmed other sound" unless you mean it's overwhelmed by other sounds, then yes. You can look for shadows pretty much anywhere on the screen. They're everywhere. There's also a bubbling overlay, as well as a deep fading of all of your colors with a harder outline. If the last part is a retort to me complaining about how Limbo has a sweeping effect on all of your gameplay and perception information, I don't know how to respond. 

2.Numbers above my crosshairs?  Not that I can see.  And Im pointing and shooting.  But not in melee?  And AM I paying attention to a Screen, looking for x? number of msg that are possible to get my attention?  NOPE. Love text..Would really love to read it, over a colorful display, but WHITE ON WHITE ISNT GOOD READING, TEACH them what Anime LEARNED LONG AGO.  OUTLINE THE TEXT.  that goes for the Sniper Aiming also.  you dont make it as WHITE as the snow.  This is an advanced race?

The text is outlined. It's incredibly obnoxious, in fact. I cannot stop paying attention to it especially if I'm running with a Vulpaphyla, as every few moments I'll see the message "PANZER VULPAPHYLA IS DOWN!" "PANZER VULPAPHYLA HAS BEEN REVIVED!" The crosshair, also, is outlined. It's quite a lot brighter than many other games, actually. Most games will have thinner, more faded and transparent crosshairs. 

ANd for the others NOPE, NOT on the mini map either.  Generally not fighting with the OTHERS.  And the CHAT, set for the mission, is STUPID, as it randomly pops up and down, NOT WHEN a person SAYS ANYTHING.  And Im not looking Down near my feet for my next target.

The chatbox can be moved anywhere on your screen, as some streamers and DE team members have it so close to their crosshair I wonder how they play the game at all sometimes. 

And as you mentioned it first.  Yes I have many handicaps.  Want one?  I think you need one... Just 1.

If only I could take your burden with me, alas. In context, I mentioned that you can post a proper thread in another channel where you can make an appeal for features that you need to play the game closer to your comfort. Since you seem entirely unwilling to do so, I'll make a thread about the accessibility and visibility of certain powers and the crosshair and give examples of how they could be made more inclusive of those who play games differently. 

In the meantime while I make a plan I can allow you an option for crosshair visibility, as unfortunately the only way to increase visibility of the UI messages when teammates extract is to turn the UI scale up to maximum, which I'll simply assume you've already done: 

Applications like Custom Desktop Logo allows you to port images and make them stand above most, if not all, applications. You can put a crosshair that you make yourself, even, in the center of the screen with whatever color you find the most suited for you. 

If you feel the need to update your monitor in the near future, consider an Asus monitor. It has a larger array of crosshairs to choose from in red and green, unfortunately you cannot color them any differently but they can range from minimal sized dots (about 4 pixels) to the very large, stereotypical sniper optics with mil dots.