Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let us control our Necramech jump height

VisionAndVoice

If mechs are going to be usable in regular mission tilesets one things that needs to be adressed is their jump heights. They jump pretty high, and not infrequently hit ceiling or overjump whatever platform they were aiming towards, resulting in an awkward period of floating that can't be easily escaped from - slam attack has a long recovery period, and dash may take you further than you need at the moment. And this is even more pronounced for those who have Hydraulics mod installed.

Please give us some way to control just how high our mech jumps. Maybe through jump key holding mechanic - a quick tap gives us a smaller jump, holding it for a bit gets the mech to jump higher, basically how platformers do it.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that should be implemented for Necramechs as well as frames & Operators. I don't think it'd be that hard to do to be honest (Compared to fixing a complicated bug), but it would certainly be worth it. As a matter of fact, K-Drives have a similar function already, since they build up jump height, to be released in one go when you let go of the jump button (However the Poppin' Vert mod just performs it's double jump in one full go, per the current norm).

For the Mechs though (Considering how often they might have to stand upright), it would be an even more noticible improvement, if by doing a small hop (Tapping it) would make them do a brief stomp on the foot they land on (Tilting them over to one side slightly), as they seamlessly keep trucking forward.

At some point, I think letting the jump button's held time manage your height would become a very fluid mechanic down the road :)

Yeah it annoys me too, if I dont use jump height mods its rly hard to get anywhere but when I do use them, often you jump too high in places where youd want to make a shorter jump and end up hovering around awkwardly. 

I do wish it was more of a jetpack, like hold down jump to fly as high as you need (up to a limit) and let go to fall.

Archived