Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are warframe nullifiers a thing now?

ArachnidOverlord

I know this is only an event so far where 99% of the game progression in weapons, warframes, sentinels and all the mods for those are completely useless besides to taxi; but is this going to be a trend like nullifiers now?

What I mean is that after this event are things that make your warframes completely useless going to start to appear everywhere so you're forced to use other things?
I wouldn't be surprised and honestly to me it feels like another way of nerfing everything because DE is tired of us having too much power, so they'll force us into using necramechs that have significantly less variety and thereby less potential to "break the game".

On 2020-12-20 at 8:57 AM, Circle_of_Psi said:

Not Gonna lie, if they give us a gamemode that was JUST Nercmechs I'll be down

Or get rid of kiddo mode. like it should.

We need a way to replenish energy and health first for our mechs though. As it stands, losing energy for your mech because RNG decided not to have the 50 enemies you just killed drop a single Energy Orb is beyond frustrating, and other than Bonewidow's first ability now, there's no way to reliable heal the mech (That I'm aware of).

EDIT: I have been made aware of Necremech Repair, and Necremech Rage, Two Mods that didn't exist before Event, but now do. I am farming for them as we speak.

Maybe if they had a "Crouch and don't move to start regenerating Health and Energy Pool" mechanic, that made us have to seek cover from enemy fire to properly use it, I could see it, but as it stands Mechs are just "Fight as hard as you can until you inevitably die from getting hit too much because you lack the dodge and movement of a Warframe".

(Also, you can pry my Kiddo Mode from my cold dead fingers. I'm never letting go of Air Tenno quick-blink travel ever.)

1 minute ago, Nez-Kal said:

We need a way to replenish energy and health first for our mechs though. As it stands, losing energy for your mech because RNG decided not to have the 50 enemies you just killed drop a single Energy Orb is beyond frustrating, and other than Bonewidow's first ability now, there's no way to reliable heal the mech (That I'm aware of).

Maybe if they had a "Crouch and don't move to start regenerating Health and Energy Pool" mechanic, that made us have to seek cover from enemy fire to properly use it, I could see it, but as it stands Mechs are just "Fight as hard as you can until you inevitably die from getting hit too much because you lack the dodge and movement of a Warframe".

(Also, you can pry my Kiddo Mode from my cold dead fingers. I'm never letting go of Air Tenno quick-blink travel ever.)

Ture enough

As for the kiddo, well, I won't have to, cuz I can put that on a Warframe.

I hate children, as you can porb tell

25 minutes ago, ArachnidOverlord said:

I know this is only an event so far where 99% of the game progression in weapons, warframes, sentinels and all the mods for those are completely useless besides to taxi; but is this going to be a trend like nullifiers now?

What I mean is that after this event are things that make your warframes completely useless going to start to appear everywhere so you're forced to use other things?
I wouldn't be surprised and honestly to me it feels like another way of nerfing everything because DE is tired of us having too much power, so they'll force us into using necramechs that have significantly less variety and thereby less potential to "break the game".

My mind is telling me no, but one year experience of the Warframe is telling me yes.

6 minutes ago, Nez-Kal said:

Use the Rage mod.

I am baffled in other threads actually how people defend it as variety, it may be but the game is clearly a free for all still, it has no focus or clear goal where it wants to go, we had a Tony Hawk wannabe vehicle, a Street Fighter mini-game that was a side project but still abandoned and left to rot. Space shooter, Open World attempts, etc.

If I want another genre I will play another game, I not play Warframe for this stuff. Imagine playing Assassin's Creed and suddenly you should play a racing section like Need for Speed or playing doom and suddenly you get to solve puzzles in a Point-and-Click Adventure, sure it is variety but is it variety that fits? That is the problem with those game modes.

Same goes to games that for Singleplayer-/Multiplayer or PvP in games that clearly not had it before just to reach more people. I am all in for variety if as long it stays small like some mini-game or a mini quest. But it still needs to fit the game world.

If I want to play space shooters I not play Railjack, if I want to Skate I not play K-Drive, if I want to play with Mechs I play Mecha Warrior or Titanfall, if I want to play some void powered super child I play any superhero game or things that come close like some fantasy game with magic I can fire the same way.

Don't get me wrong I would like a game combining a lot of other games, but it needs focus first before you add such, and Warframe clearly not has that, so much unfinished stuff abandoned or reworked way too late when it is forgotten, even the lore is everywhere, we not finish anything, we just add more and more without resolving any story points, this is bad storytelling on top, you need to finish story lines and not just push more and more info in that not connects to others, especially with how long updates can take, so you might forget even what happened before that story part.

Many of the reasons I stopped played, Deimos I have not touched since it released, uninstalled before Halloween update did hit, I simply see no reason anymore to put my time in a game that on one side delivers too much of the same yet things that are new are way out of place again. There is no good middle ground sadly.

46 minutes ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

I'm not scared, I mean, we had PvP events.. now please, tell me when the last PvP event was and if ever what they showed became something out of.. edit: the only x weapons event was kinda something they could've built upon NGL.. i think it was nikanas and.. idfk 

I'm waiting.

Until then, I'll prepare good-bye posts for the other 2 guys who wrote here :) 

Dark sectors. Just referencing this to be annoying :P

I've spent 90% of my time in Warframe using a Warframe. When they introduce new mechanics, I appreciate the variety. In the end, I still always end up using my Warframe 90% of the time. 

I enjoy the other activities and I still spend 90%+ of my time using Warframe. What are you guys actually doing?

4 hours ago, Nez-Kal said:

Personally, I think that having Necramechs have a restrictive energy/health economy is probably fine enough (for general use. Sucks for this event in particular though), especially since it frankly does let their abilities be a bit crazier than their 'Frame counterparts. But I'd certainly not complain with a means of shortening the cooldown to get a brand new one. Maybe a self-destruct? Throw in a big badda boom and slash the cooldown for using it vs having your mech be destroyed by weapon-fire.

Plus you could have a cool animation of the Operator bailing out, transferring mid-air and landing in the Warframe just shy of the explosion radius.

If they were used like regular Nullifiers are then that implies that they could also be ignored and be dealt with without a second thought and won't actually impact gameplay in 90% of situations.

What will happen will just be the same as what happened with Operators, Archwing, Railjack, Archgun launcher, etc where they'll sit there as an option available where permitted, be required for some gamemode gimmick, and maybe have a mode dedicated to their use.

Until the game becomes a flight sim because Archwings and Railjack exist, we're forced to use Archguns regularly in all mission types, or half the game becomes operator only then thinking we'll suddenly be forced to use mechs regularly is completely unfounded. But when they become yet another "mandatory" progression check in a quest or gamemode like other things have people will lose their minds, yet again, and get all surprise pikachu over it just like they did over being required to use their neglected operators in Sacrifice.

Edit: Also if a frame nullifier unit was made then it would be promoting operator usage more than anything, not mechs. Unless boss-like enemies with hp pools like the Orphix become common place there isn't much our operators can't already fight just fine.

21 minutes ago, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

I mean, they have "mechanical disruptors" that are somehow capable of disabling a sharpened piece of metal with no moving parts, so I don't see why they can't disable warframes.

its a plot armor , if they can disable warframes they can easily disable mechs too , no reason not to since theyre not more enhanced and even lesser .

the thing is people dont like them and when DE tried to enforce their ambitious ideas onto players and then when players go 'this is meh' DE shoves that gameplay even more ... just why , just because you guys created deimos textures doesnt mean i have to see them and doesnt mean i have to do your conservations to see those bits(i know conservation is not related in this post but its related in greater scheme of things , the idea that we have to go trough certain playthroughs to experience their design 'choices').

No , i dont complain because necramech this , void kid that exist , i personally complian because instead of leaving them as an alternatie gamelay , DE tried to go beyond that and soft-force their way with their particular ideas , look man its cool that you have designed voidrig bonewidow and whatever you do these days , let people do their thing and be okay with people that enjoy it i have no say to that . Branching off is good and healthy , but lets keep it at there.

I wouldnt mind if such mechanics are introduced on a wider scale. Possibly sections of maps with different routes to the same goal, where you can either take your time around it through an alternate path or use the mech to head through the lockdown area.

I do however think that a smoother way to transition between mech, operator and frame should be implemented. No idea why the call mech option simply just doesnt work as our mech transference button aswell once the mech is in play, leaving the actual transference button to shift us in and out of our frame. And if we are in our frame and hit the call mech button, it would transfer our operator from the frame to the mech directly at the mechs current location. If we are out and about as operator the call mech button would transfer the operator to the mech at the operators location (like how transference works with frames).

Archived