Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR30 test: those last few guys.

(PSN)robotwars7

Question

so I've been practicing the hell out of the MR30 test, and for the life of me I cannot find a way to kill the final set of bosses (where there's ten of them) AND still have enough life support to make it to the last tower. I only (almost) hit the tower once, and since then, I just can't kill the bosses fast enough.

I've got a Kuva Nukor, I've tried lots of different builds; max range Saryn, max range Xaku, Mesa, Inaros, Octavia.. I've even tried melee only with my Jat Kusar build that wipes the floor with everything but even with finishers I still can't seem to kill the bosses fast enough, and no matter how many minions I kill, even with Xaku or Saryn wiping the room over and over again, there just aren't enough drops to keep the mission going. 

so if any MR30s read these, please, share some wisdom: how'd you pass it? because outside of spending months perfecting an umbral build or waiting for a patch that will never come, I'm not sure this test is actually possible, at least for me. I'm not the only one apparently, someone told me about a guy with 300 attempts logged on it so far and hasn't passed yet. but it MUST be doable, I dare say it'd be  almost trivial if it weren't for:

- not enough LS drops.

- 10 bosses at once, the finishers thing worked well until I saw one of them was a Nox.. ffs.

- holes in the floor. I'm not gonna go into this because it actually makes me mad, but the simulacrum Tileset does suck. it's taken god knows how many runs just to get the jumps right and to not fall off the edge mid combat. 

and I'll say it so you don't have to: yes, I need to git gud. I've gotten better as time has gone by, but still never beat a practice run. so what am I missing here? any builds/ weapon/frame suggestions appreciated. 

and if there's a way to actually cheese the test by glitching i'm all ears lol.

2 hours ago, Zionblade said:

What would a successful/optimal build for Mesa for MR30 look like?  It would be better for me to try that and see if it is my tactics (which I suspect.)

I disagree, if you just copy a build I give you, you may or may not pass but either way you won't learn anything. If instead you post your build(or msg me it privately if you're worried what people might say) I can take a look and if it is wrong, then I can explain to you why and what you need to change and the reasons for doing so and you'll have become a better player for it. If on the flip side your build is perfectly fine then we can move on to your tactics that you're using and explain what you need to change and again the reasons for doing so. Either way I'll make you a better player in the aftermath and you'll likely pass the MR 30 test with confidence. So let's start by showing me your build for both Mesa and her Regulators. Here however is my Mesa run to see how your tactics compare to mine. For the record as to why I'm taking this route with you, every single person I've helped has had complications in both their tactics AND their builds. And also every single person I've helped has now passed the test :)

I tried a Mesa build and was not happy.  I decided that I could not beat it alone.  So, I a spawned a Cosmic Rhino specter and a Celestial Twin with a god bow.  Made it with 2 units of life support to spare.

Thank you for all the support and ideas.  I think after a hundred or so losses I was entitled to use the easy button.  :-) 

Its been a while since i did this, but i think i just used a standard spore build Saryn, which cleaned up the easy enemies, and i just ran around clearing the rest with my Ninkondi Prime modded for status and buffed by toxic lash, which could take down even Nox pretty easy

I did it with Zephyr a few days before they nerfed the nukor and xoris.

Zephyr

Amprex

Nukor

Xoris

Specter III Chroma (Proboscis Cernos, Sporolancer, Paracesis)

RailJack Crewman II (Nukor) * Only spawn crewman on the second last wave of bosses.

Radiation works well on the Nox. I used tornadoes to pull enemies together and nerf the bosses. Also early round I had alot of EXTRA time so I would farm survival tanks and leave them on the outer ring for later lvls when I was running low. Hope that helps!

PS. Wyrm w/Crowd Dispersion... if you yeet a nox into the void it will die in about 10 secs... your welcome.

PPS. Xoris throws and xplosions are harder after the nerf. Have to really hold the xoris for the wind up and throw now like 2 sec hold.

I did it today - Wukong and kuva ogris.

Wukong: no way I care for this tileset and its platforms floating in the distance, so Wukong solely for cloud walker.

Ogris: blast the mobs from a distance, they die, they drop LS. Do not try to pick them up, just blast away and concentrate on the bosses, what happens is you litter the map with LS that you pick up as you go.

I tried a few different frames before this, didn't really succeed - mainly because those floating platform towers are just not my thing, never have been, and never will be.

23 hours ago, (PSN)SlyFox5679 said:

honestly the only thing that screws me up is the real long jump you gotta make where there is a ramp going down and nothing between you and the life support.

The number of MR 30 players that neglect their operators as even movement tools is kind of staggering to me.  An average warframe without any movement mods can clear about 70 meters in a single jump sequence, on flat ground, or even at a slight height disadvantage.  An operator can clear about 200 meters in any direction with the extra operator energy and void dash speed waybounds unlocked.  For reference, that really big extraction tile on the Corpus ice planet where you exit the grate and then there's a little bit of structure and some large rocks before a huge open area to get to the twin platforms for extraction?  An operator can clear that entire section with void dash.

And yet people are having trouble getting to this life support platform.  There are MR tests for just your operator.  You're expected to use them.

7 hours ago, (XBOX)sinamanthediva said:

I had to adjust my usage of the Operator Dash as I would over shoot them and plummet into the abyss most of the time.

If you want to hit a specific spot with void dash, don't try to hit it from the side or a low angle.  Aim above where your target is with one dash so that the next dash will be straight down to it.  You can also use transference mid-air, so you can get close then use your frame's mobility to get the rest of the way.  You can use this same trick to keep from falling into no-go zones if you're fast enough.  If you're falling and it's not recoverable, transfer into Op, dash straight up once or twice, then transfer again which will pull your frame back to you.  You can slingshot your frame out of holes like this assuming you're fast enough and have enough space.

29 minutes ago, RobWasHere said:

Fly with Cloud Walker to get the towers.

That fact alone might warrant a reason to use Wukong, as getting to the Air Towers was frustrating and I had to adjust my usage of the Operator Dash as I would over shoot them and plummet into the abyss most of the time.  Thank you for your advice and if it helps someone succeed at such a challenging test of skills, it is a good thing indeed.

I used Wukong, my hybrid Gaze secondary modded for Viral and Guandao Prime with Blood Rush, Weeping Wounds and no elementals. On non boss phase, let the close shoot the kitgun and just build the 12x combo on Guandao, making it red crit all the time. On boss phase, shoot your kitgun first to prime the boss in viral stacks and just swing around. Guandao's range will kill both osprey and arbi drone without much trouble, and viral boosted red crit slash procs will do the rest. Fly with Cloud Walker to get the towers.

1 hour ago, Nichivo said:

@(PSN)robotwars7

You can do it with almost any frame, Saryn is especially good doesn't take max ranger 220 is plenty, with rest in str. The big tip remove anything that does vacuum/fetch or that sucks up life support drops, Then only pick them up to stay at 70, because each tower is +35 this will leave you a ton of them for the late stages. make sure to kill the arbitration drone with something like a kuva kohm. The kronen prime with almost no investment can handle everything else in there fine, There is no need to rush, you can keep a nice casual kill pace, and finish. If you need some extra help use regenerative molt, Vizier Predasite(Iatric Mycelium extra heals),  or think about Pillage instead(helminth) since it removes a little more armour. These days because of health issues the game is a giant blur, and I have almost no use of one hand, and I still passed, so you can as well.

I appreciate the advice.. but I did pass the test like a week ago lol. wanted to keep the thread open in case anyone else had the same problem and could use the advice too. :)

@(PSN)robotwars7

You can do it with almost any frame, Saryn is especially good doesn't take max ranger 220 is plenty, with rest in str. The big tip remove anything that does vacuum/fetch or that sucks up life support drops, Then only pick them up to stay at 70, because each tower is +35 this will leave you a ton of them for the late stages. make sure to kill the arbitration drone with something like a kuva kohm. The kronen prime with almost no investment can handle everything else in there fine, There is no need to rush, you can keep a nice casual kill pace, and finish. If you need some extra help use regenerative molt, Vizier Predasite(Iatric Mycelium extra heals),  or think about Pillage instead(helminth) since it removes a little more armour. These days because of health issues the game is a giant blur, and I have almost no use of one hand, and I still passed, so you can as well.

Just in case anyone else needs help, the easiest way to do it (and one I haven't seen anybody else mention) is going with Wukong and the Kuva Bramma (that's it!). Use any strong melee weapon you feel comfortable with, your clone will be doing most of the hard work with those radial explosions (you won't even feel stressed about getting more life support because the enemies will be dropping like flies). The only time you'll really need to focus on the bosses is the final round (at which point you can just kill them with your melee weapon if you brought a strong one, or just switch to the Kuva Bramma). 

Some advantages:

- You have 3 "get-out-of-jail-free cards" with Wukong (no need to worry about dying and wasting time).

- Your fisrt ability (the clone) doesn't stop working if a Nullifier shows up.

- If for some reason you can't use your Operator to get to the Life Support capsules, you can just fly to them with Wukong.

- Throughout the whole test you will only need to use an ability once (at the start to summon your clone), so you won't even need energy pads (except maybe for some healing with your 2 if you need it, but that would only happen twice at most).

That's all there is to it, enjoy your easy MR30!

4 hours ago, (PSN)SlyFox5679 said:

honestly the only thing that screws me up is the real long jump you gotta make where there is a ramp going down and nothing between you and the life support.

now i just passed my last practice but failed the main test because i couldn't make the jump back to the main area which screwed me over.

other than that using mesa and my kuva nukor covered most of the enemies.

SlyFox5679,

I can be a bit tricky if you start jumping just to earlier or just to late when making your way back up, specifically because you don't want to spend more time down there then you have to. A couple of options : add a mod to give you a bit more jump distance/aim glide or use your operator void dashing to get back up there.

In the end I did the later, just aim high and do a dash making sure you are angled in the right direction. It was the only time I actually used my operator in that test.

now i just passed my last practice but failed the main test because i couldn't make the jump back to the main area which screwed me over.

other than that using mesa and my kuva nukor covered most of the enemies.

Well, I agree that the test is hard. It is also quite well designed, as is fitting for a MR30 test. I overconfidently tried my "usual suspects" and only got close once. Ouch!  I'll admit my first feelings were along the lines "wtf, how is this supposed to be possible?". Might have been easier if I checked for ready-made solutions on the net, but that spoils most of the fun.

Spent over two hours throwing all kinds of tricks at this, then had to take a step back and actually think out solutions for all the problems I had encountered. There are probably lots of solutions to do this (there usually are), but what I came up with was a Mesa build with Ivara's Quiver "infused" (for invis = breathing space + energy pizza moments), a "single-shot" Vectis (for range-popping those &%¤#¤ drones, plus other stuff conveniently showing up in the crosshairs) and a Rattleguts "pray-and-spray" secondary (mainly for nully bubbles, but hey...). And suddenly it wasn't all that impossible anymore. Once you remove the nully and the drone Mesa just drops everything as long as you are close enough, and with enough energy she can even have her protection up. If you move good enough you can create an invis spot while in the air and then land smack in it. What was left was to figure out a path to use, that took an additional 4-5 training runs. Was shaken up enough to do another 3 test runs just to be sure (passed easily), then did the challenge.

Kudos to DE for this, it really felt like a MR30 challenge, thanks! The best one so far, and overwhelmingly so.

On 2020-12-25 at 10:29 PM, Zionblade said:

This is not mastery, it's a speed run.

They test you on everything though.  There's stealth tests, movement tests, combat tests, etc.  There are many portions of the game that require high kill speed, and while you may not play or enjoy those, "True Master" indicates that you are capable of running all content, including content you don't like.  This is a test of your ability to control a crowd while dealing with hardened targets under duress of a timer and a hazardous environment.  It requires pretty much all game knowledge except stealth.  That may go against the tagline of "ninja's play free" but the name of the game and the lore indications are not about us being stealthy ninjas, but war platforms.  I have my own issues with parts of this test, but it's a solid test of your ability to be a master war platform.  

A "berserker" could not finish this test because it requires a planned loadout and target prioritization along with rapid but precise movement. 

Archived