MR30 test: those last few guys.

Question

so I've been practicing the hell out of the MR30 test, and for the life of me I cannot find a way to kill the final set of bosses (where there's ten of them) AND still have enough life support to make it to the last tower. I only (almost) hit the tower once, and since then, I just can't kill the bosses fast enough.

I've got a Kuva Nukor, I've tried lots of different builds; max range Saryn, max range Xaku, Mesa, Inaros, Octavia.. I've even tried melee only with my Jat Kusar build that wipes the floor with everything but even with finishers I still can't seem to kill the bosses fast enough, and no matter how many minions I kill, even with Xaku or Saryn wiping the room over and over again, there just aren't enough drops to keep the mission going. 

so if any MR30s read these, please, share some wisdom: how'd you pass it? because outside of spending months perfecting an umbral build or waiting for a patch that will never come, I'm not sure this test is actually possible, at least for me. I'm not the only one apparently, someone told me about a guy with 300 attempts logged on it so far and hasn't passed yet. but it MUST be doable, I dare say it'd be  almost trivial if it weren't for:

- not enough LS drops.

- 10 bosses at once, the finishers thing worked well until I saw one of them was a Nox.. ffs.

- holes in the floor. I'm not gonna go into this because it actually makes me mad, but the simulacrum Tileset does suck. it's taken god knows how many runs just to get the jumps right and to not fall off the edge mid combat. 

and I'll say it so you don't have to: yes, I need to git gud. I've gotten better as time has gone by, but still never beat a practice run. so what am I missing here? any builds/ weapon/frame suggestions appreciated. 

and if there's a way to actually cheese the test by glitching i'm all ears lol.

Edited by (PSN)robotwars7
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Zionblade said:

Thanks for all the input.  After several weeks, the best I can do is the third wave.  Working on maxing out some arcanes and seeing if that will make the difference.

What are you using mate? Mind showing me your builds? Arcanes are nice but not necessary.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy
On 2020-12-25 at 7:29 PM, Zionblade said:

[laughs in Founder]  It's still kicking my teeth in and I do have most of the good toys.  My problem is that I'm not a berserker.  I'd rather take my time and solo a level as Loki.  This test pretty much goes totally against style.  I'll kindly disagree with DE.  This is not mastery, it's a speed run.  I feel like I'm rushed/panicked and not a master of a damned thing.  :-)

That's why being able to do it is called mastery

I too enjoy taking my time in single-player content. And I failed about 20 practice runs when they first released this test. It was stress, it was panic. After a couple of build revisions, I knew I had the tools to do it, but I still didn't feel on top of things

Then I beat it (in practice mode). Then I beat it again. Then a week later when I had the MR points to do it for real I beat it one final time. I felt totally in control. I didn't feel stressed. I felt like I was the master

33 minutes ago, Zionblade said:

Thanks for all the input.  After several weeks, the best I can do is the third wave.  Working on maxing out some arcanes and seeing if that will make the difference.

Arcanes really don't matter. Damage output does. I'm going to spoil waves 4 and 5, but the Heavy Gunner in wave 4 and the Nox in wave 5 both have Steel Path modifiers. If you can't reliably kill Steel Path Eximus units, you're not going to pass wave 4 (you can cheese wave 5 by using Void Dash and knocking the Nox into a pit, he's coded to die when he falls down there)

So my advice is take a look at your frames, take a look at your guns, take a look at your best melee. Got a good riven? Those help out a lot too.

The short answer is that I have failed something like a hundred times now (3-4 runs per day on average) with nearly every warframe that I thought might stand a chance.  The best I have been able to get was to the start of wave four with a Volt melee build.  I'll probably concentrate on that until I beat the test or uninstall Warframe.  Not sure which will come first. 

46 minutes ago, Zionblade said:

The short answer is that I have failed something like a hundred times now (3-4 runs per day on average) with nearly every warframe that I thought might stand a chance.  The best I have been able to get was to the start of wave four with a Volt melee build.  I'll probably concentrate on that until I beat the test or uninstall Warframe.  Not sure which will come first. 

The easiest way to do this test is with Mesa and from my experience of helping people on here, it's usually their build or their tactics that are making them fail. If you've attempted it with Mesa, mind showing me your builds? Both your mesa and the peacemakers. 

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy
3 hours ago, Zionblade said:

I'm not sure if this will work for you but I'll share a little trick I used. 

I just locked down enemies around that center pillar with ensnare. I could keep enough enemies in one central location for the kill xx enemies phases of the test. This way I could focus on the boss part. Knowing that I had enemies waiting and didn't have to chase down stragglers all over the map saved me a lot of time. 

I got lucky and just took my go to loadout ( Wisp with Ensnare/utility Kuva Nukor/Nami Skyla Prime) and it worked. 

2 hours ago, Zionblade said:

What would a successful/optimal build for Mesa for MR30 look like?  It would be better for me to try that and see if it is my tactics (which I suspect.)

I disagree, if you just copy a build I give you, you may or may not pass but either way you won't learn anything. If instead you post your build(or msg me it privately if you're worried what people might say) I can take a look and if it is wrong, then I can explain to you why and what you need to change and the reasons for doing so and you'll have become a better player for it. If on the flip side your build is perfectly fine then we can move on to your tactics that you're using and explain what you need to change and again the reasons for doing so. Either way I'll make you a better player in the aftermath and you'll likely pass the MR 30 test with confidence. So let's start by showing me your build for both Mesa and her Regulators. Here however is my Mesa run to see how your tactics compare to mine. For the record as to why I'm taking this route with you, every single person I've helped has had complications in both their tactics AND their builds. And also every single person I've helped has now passed the test :)

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy

I tried a Mesa build and was not happy.  I decided that I could not beat it alone.  So, I a spawned a Cosmic Rhino specter and a Celestial Twin with a god bow.  Made it with 2 units of life support to spare.

Thank you for all the support and ideas.  I think after a hundred or so losses I was entitled to use the easy button.  :-) 

Its been a while since i did this, but i think i just used a standard spore build Saryn, which cleaned up the easy enemies, and i just ran around clearing the rest with my Ninkondi Prime modded for status and buffed by toxic lash, which could take down even Nox pretty easy

Edited by (PSN)Akert