Bring back regular Alerts but keep nightwave.

There was really absolutely no reason to get rid of regular alerts completely, Yes Nightwave is an improved system but keeping regular alerts up was something to do mission wise when one is bored and just wants to do any random mission without having a particular objective.

Besides, The nightwave system being the requirement for Nitan extract is just stupid, especially considering Lavos requirement to build.
Bring back Nitan extract alerts AT L E A S T.

(DE can do no wrong elitists can go awayyyyy)

• Like 23
1 hour ago, RedZeroInferno said:

Bring back Nitan extract alerts AT L E A S T.

No, they shouldn't do this. Maybe as an occasional Gift of the Lotus alert.

You have made your post sound like the only reason you want this change is for Nitains. Just buy them with standing, if you don't have enough just farm more standing. Lavos only needs 5 Nitains. This is not complicated.

• Like 10

No.

Alerts died for a reason and should remain dead. If you need Nitain then clear more acts for cred, if you managed to finish the season and still lack Nitain then take this as a lesson in resource management. And if you want a random mission to run for no specific reason then roll some dice to determine what to run.

• Like 6

I probably got far more from the old alerts faster, BUT, I had to stare at my phone for specific alerts all day. I got far more reactors and catalysts in the time to get a single one from 75 night cred. specially from the MONTHS after the initial 30 ranks. They knew they were reeling back the efficiency.

But I could see alerts for the things they never carried over to nightwave. Credit ships, Resources, pet DNA or eggs. Endo or void traces. Because not everyone has the whole map unlocked and if the alerts were given special conditions and mixed tiles not linked to a map location, would at least be a different way to farm X.

Edited by Firetempest
  • Like 5

I'd like to see resource alerts come back at least. Alerts had problems, yes, but all of those problems were solvable without throwing the whole system away and replacing it with a system that has even more problems. Alerts didn't last very long and people could miss them, so make them last longer. Rewards were kind of paltry, so vary and increase them. Instead of running 100 short, low-value Alerts per day, run a few 8-12hr Alerts with bigger rewards and a wider level range. And putting this back in the game is free, since the system already worked flawlessly for years and still runs things like GotL Alerts.

• Like 6
  • 4 weeks later...

Agreed, yes, thank you, these are the points I'm trying to make.

On 2020-12-20 at 8:57 PM, PublikDomain said:

I'd like to see resource alerts come back at least. Alerts had problems, yes, but all of those problems were solvable without throwing the whole system away and replacing it with a system that has even more problems. Alerts didn't last very long and people could miss them, so make them last longer. Rewards were kind of paltry, so vary and increase them. Instead of running 100 short, low-value Alerts per day, run a few 8-12hr Alerts with bigger rewards and a wider level range. And putting this back in the game is free, since the system already worked flawlessly for years and still runs things like GotL Alerts.

On 2020-12-20 at 9:08 PM, vanaukas said:

Nitain extracts should be added to invasions honestly, they are very frequent, are very new player friendly and required to do a lot of weapons. Alrets are bad but recurrent invasions are very nice 

These right here are exactly what I mean by bring back alerts but keep nightwave.

On 2020-12-20 at 8:47 PM, DrivaMain said:

It will be content bloat. No one will do those alerts.

Content bloat my ass, there's literally no reason to suggest that "content bloat" is even a thing that COULD happen with warframe considering the fact that they're always adding new stuff anyway, and suggesting that "no one will do those alerts" is a S#&$ty generalization for someone whom literally just said they liked having the alerts, and I know for a fact I'm not the only one.

On 2020-12-20 at 8:27 PM, trst said:

No.

Alerts died for a reason and should remain dead. If you need Nitain then clear more acts for cred, if you managed to finish the season and still lack Nitain then take this as a lesson in resource management. And if you want a random mission to run for no specific reason then roll some dice to determine what to run.

"Died for a reason and should remain dead" Except for.. what reason? and remain dead why? as for your comment about "resource management" suck my ass, this is the kind of game that throws just absolutely #*!%ing excessive amounts of resources at you anyway, I personally have PLENTY of Nitan, I'm not making this post for me but for newer players who don't understand how to use the Nightwave system, or hell even players that have been playing for a while but have used their Nitain on building weapons and etc and have simply run out.

• Like 10
1 hour ago, RedZeroInferno said:

"Died for a reason and should remain dead" Except for.. what reason? and remain dead why? as for your comment about "resource management" suck my ass, this is the kind of game that throws just absolutely #*!%ing excessive amounts of resources at you anyway, I personally have PLENTY of Nitan, I'm not making this post for me but for newer players who don't understand how to use the Nightwave system, or hell even players that have been playing for a while but have used their Nitain on building weapons and etc and have simply run out.

What I saw happen: Alerts were disliked because people would be unable to play while at work or school, and that's when alerts for stuff they wanted would become available. See how people would come to dislike the alert system given their circumstances? Nightwave, as imperfect as it is, at least allows players opportunities to get points that nets them stuff and buy available items.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, (PSN)DoctorWho_90250 said:

What I saw happen: Alerts were disliked because people would be unable to play while at work or school, and that's when alerts for stuff they wanted would become available. See how people would come to dislike the alert system given their circumstances? Nightwave, as imperfect as it is, at least allows players opportunities to get points that nets them stuff and buy available items.

That problem had a much simpler solution than DE burdening their content production pipeline with Nightwave for the rest of all time... DE could have just changed how long Alerts were available so they were always 12hr/24hr, problem solved. Long Alerts still work fine for GotL 🤷‍♀️. There are simple solutions to all of the problems Alerts had but DE decided to complicate things and we've seen how that's turned out; each Nightwave and Intermission drags out longer than the last because DE can't keep up. And it's not like Alerts and Nightwave are mutually exclusive, we could have both.

• Like 7
On 2021-01-15 at 1:04 AM, RedZeroInferno said:

Ah yes the good old "but the new players" excuse to bring back a system that shouldn't come back.

And I especially like how you think new players are stupid. What is exactly so hard to figure out on these nw tasks? All of them are explained in their description. And the credit rewards also have a description. There's nothing overcomplicated about it.

Edited by JackHargreav
  • Like 5
On 2020-12-20 at 6:04 PM, RedZeroInferno said:

There was really absolutely no reason to get rid of regular alerts completely, Yes Nightwave is an improved system but keeping regular alerts up was something to do mission wise when one is bored and just wants to do any random mission without having a particular objective.

Steel Essence, Relics, Murmurs, Syndicates, invasions, kuva, .....there is no lack of things to do in current WF. Back when we had alerts it was the only thing random to do on the map. Things are very much different now. Alerts would be pointless. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, MinecraftGangsta said:

pepelaugh

anyone that cant find something to do in WF should probably take a break and step away for a while. 

Edited by Hypernaut1
  • Like 6

I  would like to see alerts make a return too, as long as they get improved from the old system.  People are certainly justified in not wanting a system that made you feel like you had to constantly check an app  to ensure you didnt miss any desired alerts - there always seemed to be a potato alert or something that popped up 10min after you get in bed, or left for work, etc.  But certain alerts were also just pretty nice to have, whether it was for convenience like the kavat codes, giving out useful items, or just something to help newer players out in the early game.  If they were to make the alerts 24 hours and weeded out some of the low credit/resource alerts and added some new ones, it would eliminate the main issues alerts originally had.  

Edited by Lokidus_Prime
  • Like 8
On 2020-12-20 at 11:08 PM, vanaukas said:

Nitain extracts should be added to invasions honestly, they are very frequent, are very new player friendly and required to do a lot of weapons. Alrets are bad but recurrent invasions are very nice 

invasions  need a whole level oof rework tho

Edited by LupoDWolf
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Steel Essence, Relics, Murmurs, Syndicates, invasions, kuva

Relics are the only thing worth doing, and that end when i get the thing i was looking for. Everything else has been done so much that it will never be relevant again. Kuva is useless without rivens, liches are BS and steel path is a bore. Yeah, yeah "that's a you problem". I already took a break from playing since all new additions are S#&$tier than the last. DE can bite me.

• Like 4

Alerts died for a reason. Take off the rose tinted glasses and alerts were crap.

Nitain drop one 1 per alert and there was only 4 a day making anything with a nitain requirement a long endeavor in building.

Most of alert were pitiful amounts of endo and credits that you earn more doing a normal mission.

Potatoes were a once a month deal.

And well they dissappeared after an hour and the can showbat night so you sleep you lose.

• Like 3

I wholeheartedly agree. Removing Alerts and replacing them with Nightwave was like sending your car to the junkyard to be crushed just because its paint was a little worn. There was nothing so horribly wrong with the system that it couldn't have been fixed. And all Nightwave did was bring an entirely different set of problems into the game.

Alerts were actually a far more rewarding system than Nightwave. Plus, they required basically no maintenance from DE, while Nightwave requires constant effort to keep making new seasons and episodes. Just look at how much all other updates have slowed down since Nightwave was introduced. And how every single new season ends up delayed.

The only reason Alerts seemed so much less rewarding is because the reward pool had literally never been trimmed or tweaked since the very beginning of the entire game. All DE ever did was add new stuff every once in a while, so of course it got bloated with junk, and most of it was outdated. The only reason Nightwave feels better is because it has a fresh new loot pool with no "junk" rewards like credits or basic resources clogging it up. If you were to take the Nightwave reward pool, from all seasons, and put in into the old Alert system, there probably wouldn't even be enough to fill a whole 24hr rotation without repeats.

Plus, Alerts were nice, simple, and straightforward. You do a mission, you get a reward. Quick and easy. Unlike Nightwave, where at best a single task gets you 70% of a reward, and at worst it only gets you 10%. And most of these tasks take multiple missions to complete. And on top of that, you can only do a certain amount of them per week. Even if you do every single act available, you can only get 4.6 ranks/items in a week from Nightwave. Alerts usually offered that much stuff in a single hour, never mind how much you could get over a week.

And to everyone that hated Alerts because they "forced" you to stay glued to a tracker app, and wake up at 4:00 am to get stuff. They didn't. You did that to yourself. I was able to get everything I could ever want from Alerts without letting them control my life like an addict. The only time I ever checked a tracker was if I was considering playing Warframe anyway, but didn't want to wait for it to load on my old crappy computer, just to find there weren't any good alerts on at the moment. Yet I still managed to get Vauban, every helmet I wanted, and so much Nitain I have never needed to buy any from Nightwave.

Besides, if DE were to bring Alerts back, they would certainly make some improvements. Primarily, cleaning up the loot pool, and improving the "useless" things like credit and resource rewards. They should definitely last longer, so they would be harder to miss. More like 2~3 hours for common stuff, and 4~5 hours for rare stuff. There should be overlap between the Alert and Cred Shop loot pools. That way, you can wait for something to come around as an Alert reward to get it for "free", or you can spend some Creds to get it from Nightwave if you keep missing it. They could add Nightwave Creds to the Alert loot pool, and remove some of the bundles from the season ranks to help streamline things a bit. And, Alerts would also help fill the gaps between seasons, so DE wouldn't have to stress as much while getting the next one ready.

Both systems would be enhanced by each other.

• Like 9

I think Nitain could be added to Invasions... nobody really complains about Invasions beyond them being boring. That's probably because they're essentially alerts that last hours to days (and sometimes weeks or months).

Sentient invasions would be nice too. They are still invading outside of these events right?

So the whole argument boils down to some people thinking DE does not give them the components they desire 'fast enough' - just general impatience, got it.

I mean, that's really all this is based on the arguments presented - players unhappy they cannot get what they want in the time they demand, regardless of how DE chooses to guide component acquisition.

IME, many of these same voices are the ones that state the game is too easy and quick to finish.

Logic seems to have left the building...

• Like 2