Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why You Shall Not Help The Grineer

Kalizy

it is quite simple, if you help the grineer and they win the battle, they will create more colonies and with more colonies the higher is the chance for them to make energy weapons which is a thing we want to stop, in the other hand if we help Alad V we will prevent the grineer of making colonies but our fellow tenno are captured as result, its a sacrifice we must do to save the system, then when the time comes, we strike Alad V with everything we have

If alad wins he gets warframes, with reverse engineering or mind controll he will be more dangerous.

Nothing is simple i'm afraid.

For that matter what is stopping the Grineer from doing the same if we help them? Sure they are not as bright as the Corpus but given enough tinkering we could end up with mass-produced clone Stalkers.

So it depends on what you doom you prefer.

help the corpus =

1. they get better weapons (from experimenting on tenno) to use against us

2. they kill some innocent tenno

help the grineer =

1. hurt the corpus

2. grineer enslave/kill more corpus

3. they gain slightly more power than they already have

4. we save tenno

its also a valid point to argue that if we help the grineer that it will eventually be a boon to the tenno.

think about it...

the grineer spread themselves thin occupying new territory, all the while the corpus are fighting them.

both sides weaken, and we save our comrades.

helping the grineer is the lesser of two evils in this situation.

/lore based and in character exposition done

help the corpus =

1. they get better weapons (from experimenting on tenno) to use against us

2. they kill some innocent tenno

help the grineer =

1. hurt the corpus

2. grineer enslave/kill more corpus

4. we save tenno

its also a valid point to argue that if we help the grineer that it will eventually be a boon to the tenno.

think about it...

the grineer spread themselves thin occupying new territory, all the while the corpus are fighting them.

both sides weaken, and we save our comrades.

helping the grineer is the lesser of two evils in this situation.

/lore based and in character exposition done

Wouldn't a Militaristic society have plans in place, such as mass producing more Grineer, to avoid being spread out too thin? And one and two are basically the same. They don't get slightly more power, they will have control over all the nodes/territory on the planet and who knows what they will do with it. Also as balance keepers benefits to ourselves is not a priority. Wouldn't it make more sense to fight a Dictatorship vs Merchants with questionable motives?

I keep reading that going grineer will allow us to save the sleeping Tennos.

Where do people have that information from?

Last time i checked, Ruk wants the pods for himself, eradicate the Tennos and rule the solar system.

So where does it say that the grineer will not do that?

Give me evidence that the grineers has changed their minds and is now considering to let the Tenos live side by side with them.

I keep reading that going grineer will allow us to save the sleeping Tennos.

Where do people have that information from?

Last time i checked, Ruk wants the pods for himself, eradicate the Tennos and rule the solar system.

So where does it say that the grineer will not do that?

Give me evidence that the grineers has changed their minds and is now considering to let the Tenos live side by side with them.

Ruk does not want the pods. The Grineer only want to kill the tenno. The Corpus want to brainwash some of our own, dissect a few others, and kill the Tenno. No you tell me which is worse.

Choose Loyalty, and side with the Grineer to destroy Corpus forces and free your kin.- Straight from the update thread.

Edited by NICKTHECHAMP11

help the grineer =

Are you sure its "slightly"? Because if it is there is no reason in helping the Corpus. Because last I heard, the Grineer will gain more power if we go against the Corpus which is no a good thing....

megaorange, on 26 Oct 2013 - 05:25 AM, said:

Wouldn't a Militaristic society have plans in place, such as mass producing more Grineer, to avoid being spread out too thin? And one and two are basically the same. They don't get slightly more power, they will have control over all the nodes/territory on the planet and who knows what they will do with it. Also as balance keepers benefits to ourselves is not a priority. Wouldn't it make more sense to fight a Dictatorship vs Merchants with questionable motives?

In the opening scene Our avatars were barely freed and saved from the Grineer. I think both sides have captured warframes. If the warframe is symbiotically linked with the techno virus that causes the infestation, We should elect to keep it out of the hands of the organization that could actually harness the biological element of such tech. The Grineer do mass produce. They are an army of clones. Degenerated clones. Maybe the Grineer seek to incorporate the Orokin tech into their own genome. With their knowledge of cybernetics maybe they will have better success than the Corpus. Every Tenno is a soldier and understands the may be called upon to sacrifice for the greater good. It wouldn't be a betrayal to forfeit 10 cryopods.

The corpus aren't peaceful merchants with the bottom dollar being the deciding factor. Control of all resources is one of their goals. If we assume they will be unable to glean technology from the cryopods, then we give ourselfs time to hold the Corpus invasion of the system back. Especially with animosity from the Grineer.

The Lotus is stuck because I think she is an operations officer A.I. With the directive to keep Tenno surviving. She can't calculate a optimal result for that directive. It's left up to the individual Tenno to make a call and change the variables in play.

We can use this time to gather intel on the Corpus offense and use this to later retrieve and save the Tenno.

Support the Corpus, Some times you make a sacrifice just to give you more time on the battle field.

P.S.

If you think about it.. all the fighting techniques to close distance or to increase distance from an objective, is really a manipulation of the time of two forces to interact.

Edited by Mhykiel

Think of it in terms of World War 2, with the Space Russians (numerical superiority, technological disadvantage) vs the Space Germans (huge technological advantage, nickname of "Boxheads") and then, well, follow the side with the best loot like most of the playerbase will anyway.

DE will lead the masses by the nose with loot, look at the way the Corpus are rallying now.

Are you sure its "slightly"? Because if it is there is no reason in helping the Corpus. Because last I heard, the Grineer will gain more power if we go against the Corpus which is no a good thing....

Yeah so what if they gain power ?

Last check they still can't stop Tenno landing all over their mining colonies and do utter hilarious things inside their galleons.

Remember Grineer had their Fomorians destroyed by us already, so it's time for the Corpus to feel some pain.

What if Grineer has just tracking where you send the pods, since most of the tenno are busy with the war, we have little time to worry about our home. So once Grineer find the home they send their army and decide to destroy the entire base. After all we are still mortal enemies with Grineer.

What if Grineer has just tracking where you send the pods, since most of the tenno are busy with the war, we have little time to worry about our home. So once Grineer find the home they send their army and decide to destroy the entire base. After all we are still mortal enemies with Grineer.

Don't worry.

If you played enough Survival and Defense missions, you know Lotus has her own salvage team of hidden Tennos.

Never fear !