Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Extremely Intense Stuttering when first loading into a mission/area

C-Core

Now, I took a bit of a break from the game, and I come back to extremely bad freezing and stuttering when I log in and try to load in my Orbiter Assets, I didn't think toooo much of it, but it was a bit weird. I get into a mission and the stutter comes back, completely unplayable for the first 10-20 seconds. This happens every single time I load into something. This issue is only isolated to warframe. The only other game that does anything close to this is Overwatch, but that game sorts itself out within a minute or so, and then is fine for the rest of my play session. I would also like to say that my PC is not low end, and is only a few months old, so I can pretty much rule out any hardware issues.

I've tried running the game without any background processes whatsoever, no change. Minimum graphics settings, no change. Fullscreen or Borderless, no change. Different direct X versions, no change. Verified and optimised game files, and reinstalled warframe on each of my SSD's, and the stuttering persists on both.

All my drivers, windows and everything are up to date, so I literally have no clue what the issue could be. It looks like the game is struggling to load stuff in, but it makes no sense since I'm running it on an SSD, and other, more intensive games like AC Valhalla, or Horizon Zero dawn run smooth as butter with no lagspikes at all.

The lagspikes persist regardless of my playsession. I could load into the orbiter once for example, go into a mission, come back, and would still experience these massive stuttering issues.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super 8GB
RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR4 3600Mhz
Motherboard: X570 Aorus Elite
PSU: Corsair TX750M

SSD: Crucial MX500 M.2 500GB
SSD: Crucial MX500 SATA 2TB

Video Displaying this stuttering when loading into the orbiter (It's like this for every single mission/area I load into:

https://streamable.com/kycxsd

You can also see my FPS in the top right.

1 hour ago, --Q--MEG said:

They disabled Asset caching, I don't know why. almost all threads in performance section are talking about the cache

I was going to mention this.

If you've ever used an emulator like cemu, the game has to cache effects and textures into your shader cache. This means that when you first perform an action, the game will freeze, because it's saving that specific effect or animation into the shader cache. After you've performed this action, or seen the effect, you won't get a stutter the next time it happens.

However, in warframe, it's the opposite. It seems to happen every time you go into a new mission and just simply load something. The game seems to act like it's never seen it before, and the stuttering that I experience is very similar to that which I've seen on emulators like cemu. That being said though, on Warframe, it doesn't seem to be as bad when it comes to ability effects, but loading in maps, and small objects/enemies seems to cause massive lagspikes.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you! Was having this issue and was driving me crazy!

Specs:
i9-10900
RTX 3080
36GB 3600 RAM
SSD storage

Just couldn't figure out why I was stuttering every single map! First 15-20 seconds I have these massive lag spikes, then the game runs beautifully. I'll just drop the settings down real low until they patch it I guess.

UPDATE: Looks like lower settings still doesn't fix the problem... shucks.

Just leaving a boop here, having the same problem. Hopefully this gains the popularity it needs for DE to look into this.

System Specs:

RTX 2070

R5 3600x

16GB - 3200MHz

Installed on 850 Evo

Tested at HD/4k 60Hz and QHD 144/165/170Hz - Settings Low/Medium/High and my Custom Settings.

Nvidia Settings are set to maximum performance and I can't make out anything significant in MSI Afterburner (like dipping Voltages etc)

logs have some "Could not use Texture" Errors but they don't seem to be connected to this

Leaving a new Reply for easier visability: I found a fix! This probably has something to do with newer Nvidia Drivers.

To reduce the stuttering turn off Shadercache in the Nvidia System Settings. You'll find this option under 3D-Settings -> Program Settings (select Warframe (warframe.x64.exe) in the dropdown menu) and scroll down to Shadercache and set it to Off.

To nearly completely remove the stuttering you have to uninstall the current graphics driver and install an older one. The version that works for me is 442.74. Remember to only download the drivers from nvidias own website, since there is probably a lot of malware on other sites.

I hope this gets fixed in the future.

[ EDIT - Phidy got it spot-on! I switched over to 442.74, and Warframe and the other two games suffering from this problem are stable! If anyone else is having this problem, I'd recommend joining me in raising it to Nvidia support so they can get this fixed ASAP! ]

Also bumping for visibility, since this problem has been driving me insane too. I'm just waiting for the 442.74 drivers to install, as per Phidy's recommendation. I'll check back once I get to test this.

Archived