Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

which necramech is better?

killerKronos23

Question

So i was on a short break when the second necramech (the bone widow) was released so i have no clue what its strengths and weaknesses it has to the first necramech (void rig) i have one full set of damaged necramech parts and plan on building one of the two and buying the other for operation: orphix venom. but idk which one is better? 

16 answers to this question

20 minutes ago, Aazhyd said:

Voidrig is better in Operation Orphix. His 2 keeps him in 1 piece and his 4 does tons of damage to the Orphix.

FYI, bonewidows 1st drains enemy health, easily outdoing damage until wave 30 ish, where it can be overtaken if you dont keep on top, but i rarely loose a mech, and never more than once a mission.

Bonewidows 4th deals its damage no matter where it hits the orphix, and with a crit build can kill in 3-6 hits depending on the round. The oly issue is there are 2 tilesets, and one has most of the orphix on the ceiling.

14 hours ago, Godmode_Ash said:

Depend on your build but BW can be as good as Voidrig in Operation Orphix.

Credit is where credit is due: someone knows the value of Bonewidow in Operation Orphix Venom, as opposed to people who claim Voidrig is the only viable choice.

Voidrig is suited for area defense and lockdown. Necraweb slows nearby Sentients to a crawl, reducing the amount of fire they and the Grineer/(Vapos or Juno) Corpus can throw out. The Arquebex, while overwhelmingly powerful, makes Voidrig very vulnerable due to forcing it to be stationary.

Bonewidow is the mobile and sustainable counterpart to Voidrig. Meathook restores health to Boenwidow as noted by others. Shield Maiden has an additional benefit of ignoring the charging animation on the ground. Just like Storm Shroud, it does make Bonewidow immune to damage for 3 seconds upon full initial deployment. Charging (tap and hold sprint) with the Ironbride out will fully inherit the sword's stats. Pair that with the Shield, and you'll playing like Mario Kart.

Voidrig is the gunner. His exalted is he turns into a turret and shoots everything. 

Bonewidow is the melee. Her exalted is an... well, an exalted blade.

Basically just go with the play style that you prefer more.

If you're asking for the meta option, as of now it's leaning more towards voidrig. But from the looks of things, it can (and probably will) change real soon.

with the new mods, the gap between tank on bonewidow and voidrig has been closed, or even tip slightly in favor of voidrig.  Now it's a matter of damage.  Widow's 4 uses melee and melee with mechs is garbage, no matter how much damage it might do on paper.  However, the heavy attack melee fires a projectile which supposedly has unlimited punchthrough, so maybe?  voidrig has guard mode for his 4, which is ludicrously high damage with a little bit of splash.  Not only that, voidrig's invincible mode is far more powerful than widow's.  Right now, I lean heavily in favor of voidrig.  The fundamental flaws that make necramechs not fun are even more obvious with widow than voidrig.  Really though, in practice, both of them feel like a beta for a game that's not ever going anywhere.

Depends what you need them for. Voidrig is pure damage and you have to rely on mods for sustaining health/energy reliably. He works well for Orphix Venom but is high maintenance. Widow is just silly tanky since you have a very cheap skill you just use on the fly to rebuild your health. You can pretty much ignore her shield skill due to this, which also leads to a very easy time managing your energy since you'll take health damage far more often. The issue with Voidrig is that he must rely on his shield skill, which acts like Iron Skin, so no energy regained. If you are in bad luck and few energy orbs drop it can be a pain.

However, if you run Voidrig, just grab Protea and place her Dispensery from time to time.

Widow will likely be a great option in all missions when we get access to mechs in those, since you can have her chopping things up while Umbra follows along in automated mode. In all honesty I dont understand the hate for Widow, or how people find her weak (still).

9 minutes ago, chaotea said:

FYI, bonewidows 1st drains enemy health, easily outdoing damage until wave 30 ish, where it can be overtaken if you dont keep on top, but i rarely loose a mech, and never more than once a mission.

Bonewidows 4th deals its damage no matter where it hits the orphix, and with a crit build can kill in 3-6 hits depending on the round. The oly issue is there are 2 tilesets, and one has most of the orphix on the ceiling.

+ Bonewidow 1 can grab discosentients out of the animation, possibly saving your team on higher waves.

Depend on your build but BW can be as good as Voidrig in Operation Orphix.

Both VR and BW can survive easily with their defensive ability, but just in a different way.

Both mech can hit Orphix's heart with range ability-BW's new heavy attack now create a projectile and it hits pretty hard. I also notice BW's Heavy attack is much easier to aim at the heart than Arquebex's arc grenade.

BW can deal crazy damage by just walking around with sliding attack or Ironbride, where VR has to stay in same spot to use Arqubex. Every operation as BW I deal 70-90% of team damage, mainly because I don't have to be stationary. Every Ironbride swing deals avg 400k dmg with 7m radius. She's literally a walking terminator.

Honestly both mech are strong, but not enough people has giving BW a chance after her 2nd re-work. BTW both my mech has 7 forma all max out.

5 minutes ago, (NSW)M0rgarath said:

Looks are not that relevant or an argument though now that you get completely new skins for the mechs and even for example can equip bonewidows helmet on the voidrig etc.

Not everyone can afford to get the new skin, and you can only replace the helmet not the skin (unless you own another skin) so they still are

Currently Voidrig is better, since they can only be used in Open Worlds or Orphix Venom. Once they go game-wide, I'm thinking Bonewidow may see more value since she's generally better in smaller areas compared to Voidrig. Ironbride's (sword) shorter range isn't as big of a deal when indoors, whilst Arquebex's (artillery) set up time and lack of mobility is going to hurt worse when you need to reposition very often and can't shell enemies half a mile before they get to you.

I think that'd still put Voidrig on top overall, but Bonewidow certainly isn't terrible anymore.

3 minutes ago, Captain_Rocket505 said:

Voidrig is good for damage, but I like bonewidow both in terms of looks and how it can tank well. Its 4 can also launch ranged projectiles to deal decent damage and despite the flaws of the weapon, that high crit multiplayer isn't something to ignore

Looks are not that relevant or an argument though now that you get completely new skins for the mechs and even for example can equip bonewidows helmet on the voidrig etc.

Archived