Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some of my Necramech complaints

DrakeWurrum

So, working on this Operation, there's some definite improvements that could be made that immediately come to mind...

1. I cannot use Gear Restore items on mechs. Even if my Operator drops them and I pop back in. This makes health, energy, and ammo much more frustrating to manage while using mechs. We can't equip Arcanes that provide healing to make up for that, either. I imagine the new mods will improve the situation, but it's still frustrating to have a tool that I'm simply not allowed to use.
  2. Kubrow, Kavat, and Moas will follow the mechs, but not Sentinels. I was going to use Helios to get in scans on the newer Sentients in this Operation, but he stays behind with my Warframe. Whereas any pet with legs with stick with my mech and help out.
  3. I cannot use Codex Scanners from my mech. I know I should be focusing on beating the mission, but there's new Sentients here that I want to scan... and I can ONLY do that from the Operator (since my Warframe can't enter the pulse fields), which isn't easy with enemies raining destruction down on him.
  4. When my Operator "dies" I return to my Warframe, not my mech. This is especially problematic during this Operation, because my frame is often left behind way back at the start of the mission. (TBH, I've always genuinely hated that my frame is just left standing there whenever I use my Operator, let alone the new mechs)
  5. After using the "charge" ability, even if I don't hit a wall, it takes my mech a couple seconds to recover from the charge before I can start running again. This makes mechs feel way too sluggish and, frankly, isn't fun.

1. 5. That seems to be what DE is going for with the Mech, good Raw Dmg, big Presence, but Clunky and can't be Healed or Replenished

4. I usually just...get back into my Frame whenever the Ophix is gone, since Frames are more Tankier than Op, more Mobile and easier to Sustain than Mechs

1 hour ago, Traior246 said:

1. 5. That seems to be what DE is going for with the Mech, good Raw Dmg, big Presence, but Clunky and can't be Healed or Replenished

4. I usually just...get back into my Frame whenever the Ophix is gone, since Frames are more Tankier than Op, more Mobile and easier to Sustain than Mechs

I don't mind them being less mobile, but the mechanics of the "slide" thing is far too clunky to be fun. Regardless of the lore or intended "feel" of this feature, it has to be FUN before anything else.

And there's no benefit whatsoever to them being difficult to heal or energize. I've noticed that they don't get healed even if I resummon them from the gear wheel. I literally have to wait for my mech to be destroyed and then wait for the cooldown on the gear item before I can get it back to full health.

5 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

I don't mind them being less mobile, but the mechanics of the "slide" thing is far too clunky to be fun. Regardless of the lore or intended "feel" of this feature, it has to be FUN before anything else.

And there's no benefit whatsoever to them being difficult to heal or energize. I've noticed that they don't get healed even if I resummon them from the gear wheel. I literally have to wait for my mech to be destroyed and then wait for the cooldown on the gear item before I can get it back to full health.

Mechs are a tank you drop in for big damage. They aren't gonna replace Warframes. Warframes and Necramechs are different things. It makes sense that Warframes can't interact well with them. Maybe in the future they will add a support mech who can buff itself and other mechs but not Warframes.

Bonewidow can heal with her Meat Hook.

Voidrig using the new mod Necramech Repair and his 2 is viable and really good strat/option.

Bonewidow when her shield is up makes the sliding way more fluid, much like how I think you want the slide in general to function

You can also still shoot while coming out of a slide while your movement is temporarily limited.

Necramech Rage & Necramech Repair both solve the healing and energy. Besides, imagine if Voidrig could keep his mortars up at all times and be healed all the time so he could use it forever. No one would use Warframes. Just a Voidrig. It would be wayyyyyy too powerful.  

Archived