Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Better way to categorize weapons

Godmode_Ash

I love WF so I have been keeping every weapons. Some of them have been forma'ed and have multiple mod configuration. There is no way I could remember every single config I made on all weapons unless I click on to see. I know we could make profile loadout, but this is about sorting multiple weapons at once.

Suggestion: Please allow us to create custom tabs which we could manually adds weapons into the categories and create labels.

For example: If I see a Corpus faction sortie that has "shotgun only" modifier, I can just go to my arsenal click "anti-corpus" tab, and select one of the shotgun. This is not possibly currently because if I search for shotgun, ALL the shotguns in my arsenal would pop up.

As WF's arsenal grows, I think a better sorting or label system is required. Some custom tab examples could be: heavy attack, status spreading, headshot weapons, and Riven etc.

On 2020-12-22 at 11:07 AM, Godmode_Ash said:

For example: If I see a Corpus faction sortie that has "shotgun only" modifier, I can just go to my arsenal click "corpus" tab, and select one of the shotgun. This is not possibly currently because if I search for shotgun, ALL the shotguns in my arsenal would pop up.

Spoiler

Hidden for off topic rant:

The weapon searching is already not so great, you can search for any word in the description or title of a weapon including words like 'the' and 'how' which have nothing to do with the weapon, its function, or the faction it belongs to. You can also search for things like what ammo type a weapon uses, which has lead to some semantic arguments in the past like:
"Why don't bows show up when I search 'sniper'?" - "Because they aren't sniper weapons" - "But they use sniper ammo?" - "No, they use bow ammo" - "But it comes from the sniper ammo pickup! How come Tonkor shows up then?" - "Because it uses sniper ammo"

If you did have a new tab of favourites, a gun that you used for a shotgun only corpus sortie this week might not have the same mods in it next week. What you're describing is a partial loadout - just the weapon with the mods saved. This is already covered by Config Slots A, B and C, but right now we can't search for weapon or frame config names and can't equip them at the navigation screen.

Config search has it's own problems, because imagine all the complaints from people saying their config won't appear, but it turns out they spelled it incorrectly either when they made it or when they searched for it, or it did something like trigger the text filter for swearing (something like 'assassin config' became '******in config').

Players can already use full loadout slots at the Navigation screen, but I'm thinking of a thread suggestion for how we might change config slots without needing to go back to the arsenal.

On 2020-12-24 at 2:54 PM, Godmode_Ash said:

Imagine how useful it is if we could add all the riven mod weapons into a custom tab, and look all of them up at once.

This would be useful, and you should make a new thread about it in the general feedback forum. Right now the fastest way is to go the upgrade screen for any weapon then click on 'mods' which lets you see all the rivens you own. After that you have to exit the mod screen then change to the weapon with the riven you actually want to use. It would be good if we could just type 'riven' when searching for weapons and any unveiled riven for a specific weapon would show up.

8 hours ago, TheMostFrench said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The weapon searching is already not so great, you can search for any word in the description or title of a weapon including words like 'the' and 'how' which have nothing to do with the weapon, its function, or the faction it belongs to. You can also search for things like what ammo type a weapon uses, which has lead to some semantic arguments in the past like:
"Why don't bows show up when I search 'sniper'?" - "Because they aren't sniper weapons" - "But they use sniper ammo?" - "No, they use bow ammo" - "But it comes from the sniper ammo pickup! How come Tonkor shows up then?" - "Because it uses sniper ammo"

If you did have a new tab of favourites, a gun that you used for a shotgun only corpus sortie this week might not have the same mods in it next week. What you're describing is a partial loadout - just the weapon with the mods saved. This is already covered by Config Slots A, B and C, but right now we can't search for weapon or frame config names and can't equip them at the navigation screen.

Config search has it's own problems, because imagine all the complaints from people saying their config won't appear, but it turns out they spelled it incorrectly either when they made it or when they searched for it, or it did something like trigger the text filter for swearing (something like 'assassin config' became '******in config').

Players can already use full loadout slots at the Navigation screen, but I'm thinking of a thread suggestion for how we might change config slots without needing to go back to the arsenal.

This would be useful, and you should make a new thread about it in the general feedback forum. Right now the fastest way is to go the upgrade screen for any weapon then click on 'mods' which lets you see all the rivens you own. After that you have to exit the mod screen then change to the weapon with the riven you actually want to use. It would be good if we could just type 'riven' when searching for weapons and any unveiled riven for a specific weapon would show up.

I am not talking about loadout. Loadout has limited use because each loadout you have to use specific warframe, weapon, archwing etc. If you are talking about specific situation like doing Tridolon 5x3, then in that situation you can make specific loadout for it. But in general playing multiple missions/gametype and roles, using loadout is too limited compared to select from arsenal.

If we can do custom search or create favorite tabs, we will have much easier time to access all items in arsenal. For example, put all heavy attack melee in one tab, put all hybrid melee in another tab. By just clicking a tab I can see which melee I setup for heavy, which I set for hybrid. I no longer need to click individual melee to check the mods. Same goes for WF and weapon. The benefit is limitless-we can create all kind of custom tab for fast access.

Lastly if this idea is useful, I would hope people supporting it. Right now we have total of 600 warframes and weapons, and the number will continue to grow. We shouldn't discard this idea because we assume people will make stupid search mistake.

Edit: Again, if any mod reading this thread please move this to UI feedback. I have realized I post in wrong section.

10 hours ago, TheMostFrench said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I can safely say the text filter didn't block the name I have for my Balla zaw, named it Assassin's Bane.

Archived