Necramechs need innate enemy & item radar

Hereby adding my voice to the choir.

This is a team-based game, yet I can't even see friendly players properly in Orphix Venom map. How am I supposed to coordinate with who destroys which resonator? Nor can I see any pickups or resources. How would any war-mech be designed to be this blind?

It just sucks, really sucks.

• Like 13

I don't understand why the (primed) animal instinct on our companions doesn't work when in a mech. Seems like a really stupid reason for DE to try to force us to use additional forma just to slot the Necramech enemysense, and even still there isn't any option for loot radar.

• Like 9

This. Have been saying this since Voidrigs release. Not having innate enemy radar in a combat vehicle is absurd. They've tried to address the issue with the Enemy Radar Necramech mod but mod space for Necramechs is at a premium as so many QoL features are tied to mods for Necramechs. I hope they address this moving forward.

• Like 3

Same deal for Operators, BTW.

Having Companion support also apply to Mechs / Operator would be great, though Companions still need
to be made invincible (and stop attacking) while you're out of your Frame, just like what happens to the Frames themselves.

(Really though, just make all Companions immortal, and merely have a downtime on their offensive functions upon taking "lethal" damage.)

Barring that / in addition, universal Enemy & Loot Radar could be part of a new set of Waybound Focus Passives, like ...

Naramon gives universal Enemy Radar (their thing is "know the enemy" after all)
Unairu gives Loot Radar (grabbing all the resources should help "outlast the enemy" I'd imagine)
Zenurik makes Energy Orbs picked up as the Operator also give Energy to the Frame / Mech (possibly triggering Arcanes etc), and vice versa
Vazarin makes Health Orbs picked up as the Operator also heal the Frame / Companion / Mech (possibly triggering Arcanes etc), and vice versa
Madurai ... not sure 'bout this one, maybe picking up Ammo as the Operator triggers a "reload while holstered" effect like on the Synth Set etc?

Not least, Orb sharing would avoid the annoying situations where your Operator accidentally grabs Energy Orbs so your Frame is SOL,
even though Operator Energy regens on its own (and super fast even, with the Void Siphon Waybound) already anyway, DE pls.

Edited by NinjaZeku
  • Like 8

At least the melee mods function for the mech now, though I don't know why the weapons themselves can't be adequate, but Necramechs require several mods to address mobility and stamina where warframes might use just one, while having no stamina consumption mods, Necramechs can ill afford the slots to produce something that most warframes acquire from their companion... at the very least, the radar mods should enable radar for a squad so one player can sacrifice for the team, but we have individual radar mods to compensate for deactivation of radar from companions. 

Furthermore, sentinels with Necramechs... how do they compare with pets? 

Everything needs innate enemy and item radar. Alerted enemies and items dropped in the world should be marked by default up to a reasonable range, roughly the coverage of the zoomed-in minimap. Radar mods should instead increase the radius of additional detection information like unalerted and suspicious enemies, lockers, containers, and collectables.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Enialyx said:

How am I supposed to coordinate with who destroys which resonator?

Explain to me how Enemy/Item Radar is suppose to help you coordinate Resonator attacks if the Resonators have their own dedicated Mini-Map icons and screen flashing icons to show where they are?

Also:

eWiEGqs.png

• Like 2
8 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Explain to me how Enemy/Item Radar is suppose to help you coordinate Resonator attacks if the Resonators have their own dedicated Mini-Map icons and screen flashing icons to show where they are?

Exactly, IF. I've had friendly players disappear entirely from Necramech's radar many times.

Necramech Enemy Sense only adds 30 mobs to the radar, which isn't a lot in a horde attack mission like Orphix Venom. There's no option at all for item radar. Combined with the tiny vacuum range, a lot of resources are either left unpicked or picking them up is a distracting chore. This is especially bad in a timed mission, which requires concentration on destroying the resonators.

1 hour ago, Enialyx said:

Necramech Enemy Sense only adds 30 mobs to the radar

Wrong, it has 30 Meters Range and not 30 Mobs tracked, meaning any enemy within those 30 meters will show up on the Mini-Map.

1 hour ago, Enialyx said:

Combined with the tiny vacuum range, a lot of resources are either left unpicked or picking them up is a distracting chore.

It has a Inite 6 Meters Vacuum which is added over its already large hitbox, its very little bit less than Pet's Vacuum.

19 hours ago, BahamutKaiser said:

Furthermore, sentinels with Necramechs... how do they compare with pets? 

Pets follow the mech around, sentinels stick with the frame.

13 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Also:

eWiEGqs.png

Also also:

Primed-Animal-Instinct-Mod.png

I have already equipped it on my companion thing (whatever it may be). This companion is still following me around and it's still active. Explain why the companion's mods should suddenly stop serving their function.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

It has a Inite 6 Meters Vacuum which is added over its already large hitbox, its very little bit less than Pet's Vacuum.

Very little bit less? It's less than half of normal pet vacuum. This is further exacerbated by having absolutely no loot radar.

5 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

Also also:

Primed-Animal-Instinct-Mod.png

I have already equipped it on my companion thing (whatever it may be). This companion is still following me around and it's still active. Explain why the companion's mods should suddenly stop serving their function.

Enemy/Loot detection from Aura Mods or Companions dont work wile riding the Necramech.

4 hours ago, Enialyx said:

Very little bit less? It's less than half of normal pet vacuum. This is further exacerbated by having absolutely no loot radar.

Last time i remembered 6 Meters was exactly half of 12 which is the range from the Companion's Vacuum, also again, you didnt take in consideration the Necra's Hitbox which ends up making it extend a few meters more.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump. I agree with this and hope they'll take a look.

Necramechs, K-Drives, and Operators all need to have radar and vacuum. I really wish they'd stop treating these all as separate things and giving isolated bandaid solutions instead of just one universal solution.

Ideally I'd want everything to just have a natural, innate, universal vacuum and radar. But failing that, could they at least make the companion mods Primed Animal Instinct, Fetch, and Vacuum apply universally? That way we still have to invest in the mods and equip them on the companion, but once we've done that, please let it apply universally...

I doubt you'll get it though - disconnected, barely thought-through content islands is how DE work. They can't even decide if mechs are warframes or vehicles, right now they're sort-of both but also not. I think many players think of them as a new warframe, and thus should have all the warframe features they're used to but if they're vehicles (as in they can be hopped into or out of like a archwing or kdrive) then they should not have those things. DE needs to make a decision, but I doubt they will, they'll just release a new necramech hat for us to buy.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, gbjbaanb said:

but if they're vehicles (as in they can be hopped into or out of like a archwing or kdrive) then they should not have those things.

Or - hear me out here - we could add those things to vehicles (and Operators) by default. Probably with even more than we're already getting. Why is it so difficult to get basic QoL in this game? I can't count the number of times I've burned half a magazine on Wukong's clone in my mech.

• Like 3
20 hours ago, Iamabearlulz said:

we could add those things to vehicles (and Operators) by default

the problem here is that these are not strictly necessary, - they're "nice to have" and if you want to spend the mod slots on the mods that provide this, they great, go for it. But if you want to spend those mod slots on other things, then put different mods in.

Should enemy sense, loot detector be in-built? Perhaps (and I think they would be very nice to have on permanently). But then, what else can people demand be inbuilt too? Vacuum? Regen-style companion revives? Energy Siphon energy restore? All these (and probably more) have been suggested. I think the reason is that people want the benefit without the cost, don't want to have to prioritise QoL mods over the stat-boost mods. There's a reason these mods exist, and that's so you have to make those choices.

Edited by gbjbaanb

Vehicles and operators need companions to work with them. Maybe not follow but at least apply all the passive bonuses and utility from mods. Even if operators/vehicles get built-in vacuum/radar or special mods, companion mods' bonuses should add up (like aimal instinct stacks with warframe radar mods). All mechanics must be consistent.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, gbjbaanb said:

Should enemy sense, loot detector be in-built? Perhaps (and I think they would be very nice to have on permanently). But then, what else can people demand be inbuilt too? Vacuum? Regen-style companion revives? Energy Siphon energy restore? All these (and probably more) have been suggested. I think the reason is that people want the benefit without the cost, don't want to have to prioritise QoL mods over the stat-boost mods. There's a reason these mods exist, and that's so you have to make those choices.

Vacuum? Yes. Having to physically walk up to and touch every resource and credit pickup in a grinding simulator with horde shooter elements adds nothing to the gameplay.

Companion revives? With innate vacuum and radar, it's no longer as important as it used to be. Sentinel survivability is still iffy and completely broken in the new corpus tileset (whoever it was that gave the trash fodder enemy a fully automatic rocket launcher shouldn't be allowed anywhere near game design), but that's another matter entirely.

Energy restore? While we have zenurik for that right now, I'm of the opinion that zenurik refill, energy pads and all corrupted mods should be purged from the game entirely; along with also nuking each and every form of nullicancer and ability resistance. Additionally, energy level directly affects your damage output and survivability - it's tied directly into game balance while the above things are more QoL.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, gbjbaanb said:

Energy Siphon energy restore?

Story time, my first Rejuvenation about quintupled my effective level, back in the days when Ceres was a high-level area. My first Energy Siphon allowed me to use abilities more freely and slot a different polarity in my Aura. I was later told it was worthless and should be swapped out for CP at every opportunity (though by that point i had Zenurik 1.0, so it didn't matter as much). See the difference?

17 hours ago, gbjbaanb said:

I think the reason is that people want the benefit without the cost, don't want to have to prioritise QoL mods over the stat-boost mods. There's a reason these mods exist, and that's so you have to make those choices.

If you give people the choice between boosting stats and making something usable, they will almost always pick the stats and then moan about how it is unusable. It's a psychology thing.