The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Warframe is COOKING my CPU since Orphix Venom update dropped

TheLexiConArtist

I've had a long pain in performance quality with Warframe - used to run buttery smooth on mid-to-high settings all the while multitasking other programs, but now I have to run on barely above minimum and with a 30fps limit on top just to have it reliable while anything else is running on it.

Now I can't even get that, since Orphix Venom began. My CPU is throttling out constantly for the sake of heat.

It's Warframe, somehow, specifically. I can run other heavily intensive things that will max out my CPU consistently along with heavy GPU load and still, the worst that happens is that other things start getting a little laggy in response (vying for CPU cycles, makes sense). No capping of temperature, no thermal throttle-down.

But if Warframe gets involved while anything else is running? Slams that processor down to 25% throttle because it is suddenly toasty.

I've throttled down the CPU to 80% peak - bearing in mind the other things ran trouble-free at 100% usage - no dice.

I got a utility to force my fans to spin their full 100% rate (as standard they self-limit to about 85% because they be noisy past that) as well as the 80% CPU limit and it's still hitting thermal throttle, albeit for slightly shorter periods at a time.

What did you do?

Same. There is another thread about it

Could be related to all those threads about asset cashing being broke.
What is your CPU/GPU/RAM setup ?
Mine are I7 4790k / RTX 2080 / 16 GB (slow ddr3 memory).
And it looks like not all setups is experiencing this issue.

Archived