Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orphix Venom: Hotfix 29.6.3

[DE]Rebecca

Il y a 9 heures, master_of_destiny a dit :

TL;DR I liked the idea of Orphix Venom.  You have RNG, but balanced against constant rewards that make sure it isn't too much of a penalty.  The problem is that it's not rewarding enough on that consistent side to be fun, and the drop tables are so watered down that a 2% or 4% drop rate for the new content is all we get.  Yeah, that's a designed grind which they thought was hidden well enough.  They problem is that for those of us reviewing the numbers, this was one step forward and two back.  They implemented something good, and executed bad.

I believed the market argument was way bigger than it seems to be, I didn't know about the history of DE and black markets and to be honest, I see the riven market and am to terrify to get even close to it (I just bought my very first usable riven a few weeks ago for like 40 plats, that's all), so I take my argument back, you convinced me.

As an addition to your long post, from the point of view of someone who doesn't "review the numbers" and isn't even using riven on his weapon (cause I can't get the ones I want)... reward-wise, this event is frustrating, because of one hand, I have a way to get the arcanes I want, on the other, I'm probably gonna be able to afford 1 or 2 and not much more (a youtuber made the maths and found you'll need around 215k of the event's ressources to buy them all, never gonna get even close to that) so it's a bit of a "look how much fun you could have... look at how many month you're gonna wait before the next event like this one to get access to said fun..." (also yeay I got my first Arcane Energize yesterday, now to buy 20 more of it !).

And the overall event is like that as well : today I got a random group that was perfect, everybody got a role, we did the 36 orphix in 55min, it was insanely fun, I loved it, I'm starting to really enjoy Bonewidow (walking through enemy crowds shooting at random while trying to find a heavy or a Nox to hook is really cool), yesterday in another random group we barely got to 36 because two guys spent 34, 35 and 36 jumping in and out of extraction, it was painful but still felt super intense and very fun... but most of the time, I just find group that extract on 12 or 24 and it doesn't feel like team play or challenging or intense or anything : it feels like a mechanical grind and a pretty boring one. When it works, it works super well, when it doesn't, it doesn't at all, there's no real middle ground for me it seems. Knowing at the end of this grind I'll be able to afford 1/21th on an Arcane for 8k points worth of resources doesn't make this more fun, it's just makes it feel like I'm gonna have to do this every day for a long time...

1 minute ago, alex51xx said:

Lol , is this ok ? 203.000 of points made by one person  on event ? Its kinda  looks  like hacks 

If you read the full story you would have seen the player has already placed a support ticket and is not using any cells until DE get back to them, allegedly the player had a computer problem from losing power then when rebooted after getting power back the game asked them if they wanted to rejoin the squad which they did and I guess the algorithm went crazy hence all that score. tis funny though. :P 

2 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

If you read the full story you would have seen the player has already placed a support ticket and is not using any cells until DE get back to them, allegedly the player had a computer problem from losing power then when rebooted after getting power back the game asked them if they wanted to rejoin the squad which they did and I guess the algorithm went crazy hence all that score. tis funny though. :P 

Kek , ok - but we have an Leaderboard  , is this hard to delate such kind of things from it ?

36 minutes ago, alex51xx said:

Kek , ok - but we have an Leaderboard  , is this hard to delate such kind of things from it ?

DE will sort it out when back from crissy, I'd say it's only back end numbers to correct or delete.

edit:
Yeah I went huh when I first saw it but then read about how it came to be. lol

http://content.warframe.com/dynamic/orphixVenom.php

51 minutes ago, Myscho said:

When they return from holidays

Probably the leaderboard will be wiped when they return from the holidays and they make everyone start over in terms of leaderboard, and just ban a few of the very worst who told a lot of others to do it and tsk tsk people real hard for being bad tenno. Would make sense based on their past behavior, usually only the very worst of the worst get banned for this stuff, but on a certain level I get it, as if something like this gets widespread enough they don't want to just mass ban a bunch of players. 

11 minutes ago, Pucis800 said:

Even if all team is good as fck and kills all that moves, score cannot be far over 22k, so its clear what scores need to be wiped (or even banned if its really FPS exploit) as some says

Everything above 35 000 should be investigated

In the meantime I got my hands on Cedo and Lavos.

First of all, whoever invented the Cedo deserves a medal. Using the alt-fire with projectilespeed is more fun than I think is allowed. Easily one of my most loved "shotguns".

Lavos, yes. I dislike the idea of giving a Warframe only through an time-limited event, so I hope he will be available in the tennolab or sorts.
I do not use his 1 at all. I think he has more than enough bulk to withstand the most non-steel path attacks and beeing a full-body move just feels clunky at this point. I only keep this ability to imbue poison to other abilities. His 4 has a big cooldown and his 3 isn't that effective to mitigate this, maybe because its cooldown is not short either.

But using his kit overall and especially his 3 feels veeeeery nice. Needed very long time to figure out you can not only imbue a single element but a dual element to unleash a frosty-radiation-charge on your enemies. Beeing very versatile against everything the game throws at you makes me feel very powerful.

But I think I've overdoing this. I was in a defense mission on Lua and after a few usuages of said dual-element imbueing my controls were taken from me. First I couldn't operator in or out and after a few seconds my Warframe stood still while T-posing and nothing happened afterwards. Not even pressing esc worked. Felt like a gamefreeze with the sound still playing. Was forced to press alt-f4.

While finding a group wanting to go a full 36 is not hard, actually staying in that group once loaded in is. Not sure if its just me, but host migrations and 'connection to host lost' issues have been happening almost 80% of missions, public or pre-formed, way more than usual. Event is fun when it connects, but this is really straining that enjoyment.

On 2020-12-22 at 5:11 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Fixed players being prevented from summoning Necramechs if they are too far away (applies to the Operation and Landscapes). 

This is not necessarily true.  When summoning near an Orphix Resonator area, the Necramech can end up being spawned up to 100+ in-game meters away from the player -- either still in Warframe, or even in Operator Mode.  This seems to be either draconian-like or arbitrarily controlled (or perhaps even both), as I have seen Necramechs spawning randomly on top of crates on the floor and in one glitchy instance spawning over a no-man's zone and disappearing from the map unable to re-spawn until the operator runs more than 50 in-game meters and try again.  

The question I have is why is where the reticle is pointing does the game randomly choose to spawn the Necramech some strange and random distances from the Warframe and Operator? 

We have restore pads created under foot, and we have either arch-guns or arch-wings spawning either in our hands or on us (respectively).  We have specters and Clem Clones spawning no more than 10 in-game meters away from where we're standing?  Why aren't Necramechs spawning no more than 5 (in-game) meters away from us that it will become an easy transition from Warframe-to-operator-to even directly into the Necramech for smoother game play?  

Some of us need to survey the map to understand what strategy we're going to take when we're going into battle.  We shouldn't have to worry about micromanaging where our aiming reticle is pointing when we decide to spawn a Necramech onto the battlefield.  After all, we're not doing any reticle micromanagement during profit taker when we have to use an Arch-Gun, nor calling for an Arch-Wing when we're legging it from the Orb's self-destruction.  Why are Necramechs so different?  

16 minutes ago, DocBones69 said:

Anybody else having issues extracting from Orphix Venom when its only some people exiting?    (this is on PC)

Yes and there seems to be a (very bad) pattern to early extractions for players that need to leave because of real life reasons.  

IF you use your Warframe's more offensive abilities or IF you use your primary weapon during a staggered extraction, the timer automatically resets back to 59 seconds when the enemies are attacked.  This applies to melee use if the enemies come into the extraction circle as well.  

The timer doesn't seem to reset if you switch to Secondaries/Pistols.  But there are exceptions to this when dealing with very explosive secondaries like the Kulstar or the Pox which will also reset the timer.  

What makes this especially difficult is that enemies will attack the Warframes at the extraction if they sense them.  And Warframes near automatically aggro the faction enemies with 50 - 75 game meters of the player.  

I can't tell whether this is a glitch or simply bad coding as I have seen this happen during an Arbitration some months ago when I was on call and the timer kept resetting when I was being spanked hardcore by faction enemies while simply standing there at the extraction with a thumb up my butt as I was waiting for the extraction timer to reach zero...  Because of that instance I had to ALT+F4 when it was taking more than 3 minutes for me to frelling extract and my on-call timer was not only going, but I was getting a double red-flag to expedite the issue.  I took the hit as I had lost several unique arbies mods that I haven't been able to reobtain, but I guarantee the rancor of that day has not been forgotten.  

If it's bad coding, I would strongly like to suggest an active interaction at extraction (like press and hold the X key like we do when we've been downed and want to self-revive) to rush the process along than standing there with our thumbs up our butts while waiting for a time that's going to take more than a minute to reach zero. 

1 hour ago, MBaldelli said:

I can't tell whether this is a glitch or simply bad coding as I have seen this happen during an Arbitration some months ago when I was on call and the timer kept resetting when I was being spanked hardcore by faction enemies while simply standing there at the extraction with a thumb up my butt as I was waiting for the extraction timer to reach zero...  Because of that instance I had to ALT+F4 when it was taking more than 3 minutes for me to frelling extract

Use operator and chill in the void.

7 hours ago, PyroMail.Com said:

In the meantime I got my hands on Cedo and Lavos.

First of all, whoever invented the Cedo deserves a medal. Using the alt-fire with projectilespeed is more fun than I think is allowed. Easily one of my most loved "shotguns".

I got the Cedo the other day ranked it up threw on some forma and hell yeah I'm having a blast using the alt fire, I just hope DE leave this gun alone and don't nerf it.

Thank you DE for the Cedo took a little bit to get but it has been well worth it imo.

Le 23/12/2020 à 00:12, I.V.A.R.A a dit :

Still no increase to time vs reward, that's really sad guys. 6 hours for one arcane is satisfactory? It's not. You're preventing the player interaction that you hope to obtain, because it's not worth playing. 

Still didn't fix that ?

Good I still ain't playing.

Archived