Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orphix Venom: Hotfix 29.6.3

[DE]Rebecca

8 hours ago, Dark_Lugia said:

Thank you very much.
unknown.png

Is it maybe possible to reduce the cost for the arcanes?
Right now it doesn't feel very rewarding grinding the cells to buy them, epecially compared to Scarlet Spear.

I think its the lack of Flotilla Bonuses. But agreed the 10% point to currency conversion feels a bit harsh when 1 energise is 800

Side note, there is one vault in Cambion Drift that is still causing some issues with the arcana bounty.

It is whichever one that involves the "segment" with a narrow and elevated entrance (elevator exit to the left of that entrance) and a massive drop into a chasm. Lot of bumpers to get back up, on the middle ground. The lower ground features a small circular arena with a pilar in the middle, and some tunnel under a ship part to get back the middle ground.

Anyway, on this segment it is really hard to do the "gather a plant when they stick their tongue out" mission, the spawns are very few and very far. Elevations make it very hard to navigate.

Also, some "fissure closing" with the lantern are still causing issues, as the reinforcement do not spawn and you have to do them 3 or 4 times (and do some incantation in your head, i'm sure they help) to finally get them to work.

It's all very close to being solid down there, but just not quite yet!

il y a 8 minutes, Nalfy a dit :

I think its the lack of Flotilla Bonuses. But agreed the 10% point to currency conversion feels a bit harsh when 1 energise is 800

That means 2,5 energize per hour which none of the best eidolon hunter could ever dream of. At any time. 24/7. On demand.

It is insanely good, guys...

2 minutes ago, Yank31 said:

That means 2,5 energize per hour which none of the best eidolon hunter could ever dream of. At any time. 24/7. On demand.

It is insanely good, guys...

No, it isn't.

I've done plenty of public groups, and getting to an hour long session has yet to happen.  In fact, 21 is all the farther I've been able to get.  The assumption that everyone can magically find a group that will go to 20,000 points earned is not valid.  So we are clear, cells=points/10.  Each actual kill offers 200 points.  That means there's either 100 boss kills of 36 boss kills and just enormous amounts of sentients killed to make up that difference.

Yes, another fundamental problem is linear rewards for an event with enemies constantly increasing in number, spawn rates, and spawn levels.  The rewards therefore are less difficult to obtain by running two 18 kill rounds, versus the single 36 kill round.

Now, let's give you some realistic actual numbers.  20 cells per kill, and you need 800 per arcane.  That's 40 kills required per arcane...factoring out the immensely variable trash mobs of sentients.

What does this all mean?  Well, Eidolon hunting sucks.  It sucks because the associated RNG rewards suck.  The constant rewards are the sentient cores, which allow you to purchase other things from the vendors.  Yes, your equation is completely unbalanced by the assured rewards.  Killing an Eidolon gets you an assured arcane, and a number of cores.  Cores convert to standing, allowing you to buy anything.  What does this event do?  Well, the opposite.  You always get cells, and have a highly weighted chance at getting trash relics and endo.  This is the second big issue with how the Eidolon comparison breaks down.

Finally, the rewards are bad.  A bunch of mech mods is nice...but they're needed to get farther in the event.  That means you've got to grind poorly before spending the resources to optimize the grind.  The cosmetics are decent....but always secondary.  The biggest content then is Lavos and the Cedo.  

Let me use your math, so we can agree.  2k credits per hour.  How long then will it take to earn Lavos?  2.25 hours.  That's a single assured build, remember now that you actually need 2 because of the Helminth.  There's another 2.25 hours for the Cedo.  That's a required 6.75 hours for this event, assuming that you want nothing else and didn't get one of the insanely low drop rate items in that work day long time of grinding.

I appreciate that you want to defend DE....but it's stupid.  If you defend something like this it's not helping.  You should be asking for the Eidolon grind to suck less, like it did when you only needed 10 of each arcane.  Instead you're saying this is a good event just because the rewards aren't artificially being diminished by RNG, because they're simply negligible given poor conversion rates.  That's really hard to swallow.

Where do I get off saying this?  Dog f***ing Days.  An event released where there was no performance incentive, the costs were too high, and the rewards were primarily cosmetics.  The community was angry, and the rewards structure changed to give a reason to participate.  The following year the costs of items decreased.  The event even made sure to have a base and performance reward, so it didn't feel as grindy.  Being clear, that event happened this year.  So, no learning at DE is the frustration.  Let's review.  Dog Days 2019 happens, and it is a disaster for making afk farming required.  It then compounds the issue with insane pricing.  Scarlet Spear sucks, and spends a month trying to work.  It eventually gets there, after permanent nerfs were applied to frames.  Now, we have Scarlet Spear but with mechs.  Same enemy, with a new name.  Same bad rewards.  What we lack is something to incentivize performance, like the Scarlet Spear success rewards.  It's amazing that DE has issues, gets feedback, fixes them, repeats the failure on the next event, and manages to repeat this cycle as though we've never had an event.

I'd be happy to defend DE if they ever seemed to progress.  Instead, I'm forced to remember DE is a company with event designers that always re-invent the wheel.  Each re-invention seems to decide a circle isn't the right shape, and requires patches to simply get us back to the circle.  That's frustrating....and justifying that the abhorrent rewards are good when compared to RNG insults is not productive.

8 hours ago, awest_asd said:

I can do a full run which gives 2k tokens or 2.5 arcane energizes in under a hour dont know where you get 6 hours for 1 arcane from unless you are leaving a soon as extraction is up

Obviously he's talking about full rank arcane. 🙄 It's not that hard to understand... 

You need 21 arcanes for full rank. So even 6 hours is not possible. Best case scenario, doing 36-runs every single time, it takes you over 7h45. The reward for time spent in this event is absolutely ridiculous! 

Scarlet Spear was over 3 times more profitable than this event. I'm not saying they should be equal. But this is pitiful! People are already getting sick and tired of the grind, and it's barely worth the time spent. There's also no way to go past round 36 and profit from increased cell gains that way. 

@[DE]Rebecca Seriously, fix this please! I know you guys need to make more money after the takeover. But this is really not the way to do it... 

1 hour ago, Nalfy said:

That means 2,5 per hour since in about an hour you can do an endurance getting around 20k points.

Now translate this to Eidolons where you would need to kill a Hydrolist and then have 5% chance to get one.
How many per night can you kill?

On 2020-12-22 at 11:11 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Fixed an issue where Leaderboard scores were not appearing if you had a higher score before they were added...

My opration score is 19,593, as shown in my profile. My (Ghost) Clan only has the Terracotta statue so far, despite surpassing the threshold of 18,850 for the Gold statue. Am I missing any requirements?

-update- All other statues arrived overnight, between 9pm and 2am this morning.

4 minutes ago, Kthal said:

My opration score is 19,593, as shown in my profile. My (Ghost) Clan only has the Terracotta statue so far, despite surpassing the threshold of 18,850 for the Gold statue. Am I missing any requirements?

Have you done the operation after the patch that introduced the leaderboards? When they introduced the operation they said that they were not going to introduce the leaderboards and scores on them until a following patch. Your score might thus be pre leaderboard patch.

6 minutes ago, Kthal said:

Just played an endurance mission, no gold statue. Strange that I somehow qualified for the Terracotta but not higher.

In the last events the statues had to be build first before the next tier could be placed. Have you done that (I don't know if this works the same just an idea)

Any fix for the Fluctus being unable to hit the 1x1 pixel sweet spot on the Orphix? Sometimes its almost impossible to hit it, secondly the sweet spot can either be; dead centre of the eye, or slightly away from the eye. Its incredibly frustrating, I don't know if its intentional or not. If I hit the spot, and move my aim even 1 pixel over, I deal flat 0 damage.

Il y a 1 heure, master_of_destiny a dit :

I appreciate that you want to defend DE

No, I want to defend the value of the arcanes and by extension eidolon hunting as a whole.

Energize prices dropped to 1/10 their value after scarlet spear, and they never recovered. One energize use to be be worth 250 platinum, now 70 platinum at best.

As for "being worth the time", I don't think you people realize how much time you would need to get those arcanes normally. 2,5 guaranteed rare arcane, of your chosing, per hour, any hour, every hour, is absolutely unmatched.

The current event, as it is, is already a complete steal.

14 minutes ago, chaotea said:

1 full rotation of 36 can get you the points to buy 2 arcane graces. This does feel abit grindy atm.

There is no need to do it, but as an alternative the original drop location is 5% on a Hydrolist capture. How many can you do in 1 night? 

I got 262 captures and 11 Arcane Graces from that. With the group i did it with we could do 3-4 on a night at 1 or 2 nights a RL day. You were saying about grindy?

11 hours ago, Dark_Lugia said:

Thank you very much.
unknown.png

Is it maybe possible to reduce the cost for the arcanes?
Right now it doesn't feel very rewarding grinding the cells to buy them, epecially compared to Scarlet Spear.

yeah if they can at least lower the legendary arcanes by 200 it will help a lot more

Less of a bug and more of a quality of life thing, but would it be possible to make necramech jumping hold-sensitive? Meaning that tapping jump would make a little jump and holding it would give it more height. I'm using Necramech Hydraulics for ease of movement in the event, but in many instances I get way more height than I actually need, up to a point of it being inconvenient.

Arcane Energize is 5% from a Hydrolyst capture, so if (big if) RNG is kind I could expect one every 20 captures, which is a minimum of 4 night cycles, which is 4 * 50min = 200min.

Orphix Venom I can finish 36 Orphix in about 55min, and around 2k Phasic Cells, so I get 2 guaranteed Arcane Energize every hour and an extra one after the second hour.

I know which I prefer, DE please diregard this message

1 hour ago, Blyker said:

You did 21 Hydrolist captures, how many did you get there compared the the time invested?

I think its more to do with it being a limited time event, especially compared to the numbers on Scarlet Spear, which it think was 3-7x more efficent.

Archived