Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orphix Venom: Hotfix 29.6.3

[DE]Rebecca

6 hours ago, Yank31 said:

No, I want to defend the value of the arcanes and by extension eidolon hunting as a whole.

Energize prices dropped to 1/10 their value after scarlet spear, and they never recovered. One energize use to be be worth 250 platinum, now 70 platinum at best.

As for "being worth the time", I don't think you people realize how much time you would need to get those arcanes normally. 2,5 guaranteed rare arcane, of your chosing, per hour, any hour, every hour, is absolutely unmatched.

The current event, as it is, is already a complete steal.

You don't know me very well to have said this...  I'd like to do all the math again, but let's just hit the highlights.  

5% drop rate, or 0.05.

Chance of not getting what you want is therefore 1-(1-0.05)^x.  Note that this is a value that is never 100%, and there's a mathematical probability that you run hundreds of captures and never get one of the rares.  There's also a mathematical probability of running 63 captures and getting all of the arcanes you need.

THE ENTIRE POINT TO THIS IS THAT RNG AS A REWARD MODERATOR IS STUPID.  Intentional capslock, because you seem to not get that.  I'm not arguing that this is better because Eidolon capture RNG is worse (your point), I'm arguing that both are broken and need revision.

While we're at this, it's time to make another statement of the blindingly obvious, but necessary.  When you required 10 arcanes to max the things out it was better.  Yes, you could apply two, and that double stack meant you needed 20, but it was much easier to get 10 than 21 to have access to the abilities at a non-stacked level.

DE decides to rework, because too many people are grinding the Eidolons for powers that frankly are not balanced for stacking.  The result is a 110% increase in cost, with some of the effects being nerfed, and a complete removal of the ability to stack.  Oh boy, people were angry.  DE promised Scarlet Spear to solve the issue with pricing, just like their changes to the Riven system.  It's so sad that people can no longer gouge for arcanes, because it's all RNG based and thus you have no limit on the grind to get things....with a 95% likelihood that after an extended battle you won't even get anything good.

So....my response back to you is that you are accepting a kick to the shins, rather than a punch to the genitals.  Both of these things are bad, and should be removed.  I'm not willing to accept the bad now (Orphix Venom), because the old ways (Eidolon hunts) suck worse.  It's not acceptable to whine that the price of digital goods in digital currency has fallen, because none of it has inherent value anyways.  DE is always adding more grind, and demonstrating that purchasing things is a more viable option than earning a thing by our time.

In short, I value my time more than DE does.  They want engagement time, and that's been made clear with Scarlet Spear and Orphix Venom as extended but limited time events that side-step the miserable RNG grind of Eidolons.  We need to be responsible and draw the line here, otherwise DE will continue down the path of time wasting garbage.  If we want this game to be better, we need to force it out of DE and reward them when they succeed.  Rewarding them for this garbage grind is counter-productive.  

49 minutes ago, master_of_destiny said:

You don't know me very well to have said this...  I'd like to do all the math again, but let's just hit the highlights.  

we need to force it out of DE and reward them when they succeed.  Rewarding them for this garbage grind is counter-productive.  

I think most don't know you at all. But say what DE should do. If you make arcanes go for 1/4 of the current amount people would still have the same complaint as you have, they just value their time differently. Your argument can thus be taken so far that when you log on you get an account with all frames on them fully leveled with free polarity respecs, all maxed arcanes and mods and with all max level weapons and vehicles as well.

Other people can argue that this 1 month event invalidates the effort they put in doing Eidolons 11/12 months of the years. 

19 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Fixed an issue where Leaderboard scores were not appearing if you had a higher score before they were added. Your score shown on Profile from before the Leaderboard went live will not appear on the Leaderboard. This change just means that you can now set a Leaderboard score if it’s lower than what your Profile shows.

So this ... "fix" ... is as literal as it reads.

Previous record: ~20400

Did a run now, new record: ~21700 something.

Clan rating: ~6400 something (from a bad random run with the hidden room "feature")

Great design! >_<

If i want the Gold Trophy, i now have to ditch my teammates slightly earlier than a max run, or delay stuff on purpose (i.e. sabotage the run) to get less points. Who thought of this "design" ??

12 minutes ago, Blyker said:

I think most don't know you at all. But say what DE should do. If you make arcanes go for 1/4 of the current amount people would still have the same complaint as you have, they just value their time differently. Your argument can thus be taken so far that when you log on you get an account with all frames on them fully leveled with free polarity respecs, all maxed arcanes and mods and with all max level weapons and vehicles as well.

Other people can argue that this 1 month event invalidates the effort they put in doing Eidolons 11/12 months of the years. 

So....check the profile.  Go to posts.  Why players are checking out.

Apparently instead of a discussion, I need to just list merits so you can have it spoon fed.  It seems like nobody wants to understand a different perspective.

1) I don't support Eidolons as they are today, because they were designed for a drop requirement of 10 arcanes to max things out.

2) I hated the grind of Scarlet Spear.  I hated it because there were multiple different failures to earn currency, because the success conditions were met.  Murex killing was great....until there were only a few left and once you hit 100 that entire group could not go further.

3) I liked the focus system...circa the maximum daily value being fixed for everyone.  Why?  Well, long term rewards that didn't force face melting grind.  They were trickle fed, but powerful enough to be noticeable and worth the wait.

4) I liked Eidolon fights at the beginning, because it was an improvement over RAIDs.  RAIDs were bad because it was a single shot daily, they broke way too often, and generally speaking they were DE trying to make this a more cooperative game without other support.

Why should anyone care?  Well, the old quote is those who don't learn the past are doomed to repeat it.  In the context of this game, let's learn.  A few years ago there were partners.  Big partners, who helped boost the game.  Then these partners started dropping.  Content drought, a lack of voice, and problems with the new content.  Newer players came in, and drove off some of these veterans by claiming they were cranks.  Now the "new" players are the veterans, and the complaints are the same.  Content drought, miserable grind, and the like.

Maybe it's the fact that you're doomed to repeat it, but I'm trying to point DE in a direction where they don't keep repeating mistakes.  That's the purpose of feedback.  Well, they seem to not listen.  Kicking this off, Open Worlds launched badly.  Buggy, barren, and largely a content island.  The community called this out...but then got Fortuna and Deimos.  Both buggy, and to this day they break something there on functionally every update.

Open Worlds not enough?  Let's talk about the Ghoul Purge, Dog Days, and Liches.  Ghoul Purge begat Thermia fractures, both are open world events that people have little reason to participate in once the unique items have dropped.  The reason is that after the unique items, everything else can be earned better elsewhere.  Dog Days required huge changes, and the second time around required significant price decreases to be viable.  Liches literally took an act of community outrage, before we watched as Steve painfully admitted on stream that they'd remove the instant kill move....because a 1 in 6 chance of guessing the order of murmurs was another RNG layer to a system requiring a huge grind of murdering mooks just to narrow down the 3 murmurs you needed.  Oh, and by the way that's being restructured because after a year people presumably have stopped engaging with the systems.

Now, let me be clear on this last point, because you seem to be too dense to understand what I've laid down thus far.  Excusing Orphix Venom because Eidolons are worse is stupid.  I don't want either method of earning invalidated, and the strawman that I do is silly.

Let me propose a solution that makes sense.  Eidolons die, and drop essence instead of an arcane.  The essence is awarded at a rate of 1-2-3, so that you get 6 per full run.  If you kill instead of capture the essence is halved, rounding up.  This means a kill would provide 1-1-2 essence.  Now, have commons cost one essence, uncommons cost 2, rares cost 4, and legendaries cost 6 essence.  In this way you could earn 6 common arcanes, or one legendary of your choice for each run.  Now, the Orphix Venom event is not a way to break RNG, but a different grind to unlock the same arcanes.  The benefit is that it also allows for other things to be earned, with the downside being it's timed.  Oh look, now both of these events (assuming a pricing rebalance of Orphix Venom occurs) are rewarding in different ways, but parallel and comparable.  Now it's asking you to remove an in-grown toenail, but the pain is rewarded.

Why am I not buying the other arguments, despite understanding them?  Well, let's bullet point.

1) It destroyed the value of arcanes.  Great.  This gives more people more power, and devalues the grind.  That's terrible if you want to go full dragon, and sit atop a pile of platinum without paying real money.  The counter is that if the game is good enough to want to grind, you should probably chip a few bucks in to help the developer.

2) It invalidates other grind.  No.  DE creating grind isn't necessary, as demonstrated by how they ran this game years ago.  Grind is an easy solution to engagement time, and it isn't sustainable.

3) I'm just an entitled, whiny, butt-hurt edge-lord.  Yeah, strawman here.  It's easy to call people entitled to end arguments, because like Godwin's law this shows you have no argument beyond the feels (and thus need not be addressed).

4) Well, if you're playing you should be paying.  No.  One word, Terraria.  Let me highlight that this year Terraria is on the Steam list of "Labor of Love" games, but not Warframe.  Terraria has a small fraction of the dev team, has been out longer, and that should set the tone for what a company can do.  Instead, DE introduces Bethesda level practices of releasing pre-alpha content bouyed by garbage drop chances to get engagement numbers.  It's not the DE of a few years ago, who decided to remove the Kubrow skin randomizer, because it was obviously a gambling mechanic with large platinum rewards as you could resell the good ones.

But disregard all of this.  Let me put one last argument before you.  There are plenty of MMOs which are built on pay to win.  Colloquially, Korean grind MMOs.  Years ago people asked DE point blank if they were going to do that sort of thing.   Their response was that they would not.  They were aiming for a "bite-size" experience, where spending an hour at a crack was not required.  They backed this up with the A-A-B-C rewards rotations, and having their scaling effectively require game breaking cheese to play extended runs.  Today we have 0.01% drops from rare enemies, 5% drops from enemies that spawn one time of less in a mission, mod drop chance boosters, 2% drops from 20 minute minimum grinds, and other grindy garbage.  I don't think that DE is selling honestly, or they hope we forgot.  I didn't.  I also appreciated reuse of tennocon 2018 video to sell railjack, on features not in the game at the end of 2020 (one year after launch).  Honesty is something that really needs a review here.

Could we please have the Mecha Set icon that appears above enemies be made larger and affected by kubrow colours?
As it is, it's extremely hard to see, making the set clunky to use for no reason. Additionally, it doesn't disappear when the mark on an enemy expires.

It's especially bad as a player with sight issues, and I enjoy the set quite a lot. Even if the icon turns out low quality or otherwise ugly, it needs at least 2x the size to be easy to spot in combat.

11 hours ago, Senoirmeow said:

Any fix for the Fluctus being unable to hit the 1x1 pixel sweet spot on the Orphix? Sometimes its almost impossible to hit it, secondly the sweet spot can either be; dead centre of the eye, or slightly away from the eye. Its incredibly frustrating, I don't know if its intentional or not. If I hit the spot, and move my aim even 1 pixel over, I deal flat 0 damage.

Yes I agree it's great for killing enemies and nodes but aiming dead center with the crosshairs on the orb standing facing it you get 00 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 after 000 0 0 with a few hit points thrown in to give you hope then back to 0 0 0 0 0 00 

We played today and the reward came after 3 orphixes. Wasn't every 2 of them? I saw no notes of this change in changelog!
This is already a farming mission that has to be played again and again for hours. This is not fair...
Do you want us to play this mission or force us to uninstall the whole game?

Archived