Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2020 Acquisition News

[DE]Rebecca

Just now, EdinaMonsoon said:

hildryn is time limited? lol

If you don't have thermia saved up or someone with it who will run with you you have to wait for the regularly reoccuring event to come back. 

I remember years ago people would have gone nuclear over something like that. But the difficulty of acquiring new frames has creeped up over the years (with some exceptions) so people don't make a major fuss over it. Personally I find it a bit weird to have a frame you cannot solo farm anytime you want... but it doesn't seem to have done any serious harm to the brand. 

In a nutshell, not super concerned about Data (Canadian laws on the subject are better than most and that's what DE has to follow), and the dev concerns have been (mostly) assuaged by the initial announcement confirming that the existing independence arrangements remain in place.

There are some things I'm not best pleased about, but one is a thing that was already a potential problem (and one I'd have to go live in a desert if I wanted to fix my own involvement with), one is something that'd be true no matter who got Leyou, and the biggest - that Tencent puts new expectations on DE - could also wind up a blessing. DE has apparently had an organisational/management issue, and whilst it'd be hypocritical of me to cast moral judgement, there's a non-zero chance that a Tencent stick could wind up pushing them to be better in that regard. Or maybe nothing will happen at all for that.

Time will tell.

26 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

If you don't have thermia saved up or someone with it who will run with you you have to wait for the regularly reoccuring event to come back. 

I remember years ago people would have gone nuclear over something like that. But the difficulty of acquiring new frames has creeped up over the years (with some exceptions) so people don't make a major fuss over it. Personally I find it a bit weird to have a frame you cannot solo farm anytime you want... but it doesn't seem to have done any serious harm to the brand. 

well that's kinda your own choice to make it time limited by doing it solo when you have access to clan, alliance and recruitment chat and forums for specific help or even loiter around until someone joins your public mission

some frames have to be hard to gain for endgame players so they're not just sat there hitting 4 until the grind ends

vor 40 Minuten schrieb Tesseract7777:

I think you forgot old alert Vauban (random time alert with a random part. It took people months to get him.) or sortie Nezha (one chance to get a random part per day if you were lucky). Noone went nuclear about either and while Hildryn technically is time limited you pretty much get her 100% if the very frequent event is around.

Regarding it not being soloable. I mean, if someone struggles with solo exploiter they probably also struggle with solo sorties where Nezha used to be. It's really not as new of a thing as you state. Just a different disguise. Same result: impatient, frustrated people spending.

Exploiter phase 2 finishes itself by the way. She overheats herself eventually. Anyone with a Rhino, pancakes and a decent gun for the fight who knows how it works should be able to solo it. That's not a high entry barrier to solo it. It Just takes longer.

1 minute ago, (PSN)Deeceem said:

I think you forgot old alert Vauban (random time alert with a random part. It took people months to get him.) or sortie Nezha (one chance to get a random part per day if you were lucky). Noone went nuclear about either and while Hildryn technically is time limited you pretty much get her 100% if the very frequent event is around.

Regarding it not being soloable. I mean, if someone struggles with solo exploiter they probably also struggle with solo sorties where Nezha used to be. It's really not as new of a thing as you state. Just a different disguise. Exploiter phase 2 finishes itself by the way. She overheats herself eventually. Anyone with a Rhino, pancakes and a decent gun for the fight who knows how it works should be able to solo it. That's not a high entry barrier to solo it. Just takes longer.

Those are good points about Vauban and Nezha. 

To clarify though: What I meant by not soloable is not in terms of difficulty. 

I mean if you want to farm her when the event isn't going, and you don't have thermia fracture's saved up, your only choice is to find someone else to tag along with it. So you can't technically "solo farm her" when the event isn't going. 

People don’t like Tenncent why? Beca it’s stealing data? Are you using facebook lul? Because it’s chinese? Damn it, America made so much crap to my country during history that nazies are not that bad in comparison( I might regret saying it, but whatever), yet nobody yelling at american companies owning everything, not I care about it anyway. Grow up people and get out your head from the shell. 

vor 20 Minuten schrieb Tesseract7777:

Those are good points about Vauban and Nezha. 

To clarify though: What I meant by not soloable is not in terms of difficulty. 

I mean if you want to farm her when the event isn't going, and you don't have thermia fracture's saved up, your only choice is to find someone else to tag along with it. So you can't technically "solo farm her" when the event isn't going. 

Ah, my bad then and I see and that's true.

I was about to add that older frames rotated out of the harder to get category while newer ones entered it. Starchart frames mostly stayed the same, a few got worse like Saryn with the addition of arena points or Trinity by proxy when Ambulas was changed. I also don't disagree with you. I just see the increase in grind and frustration generation in different areas and pointed them out in the past when they were announced. Such as Helminth doubling the regular frame grind especially for frames without a prime version (which happen to be the newer/harder to get ones) and doubling the arcane grind (which is noticeable in the discrepancy between Residual and Theorem acquisition progress).

there was a similar topic ... for me it was very interesting. useful information is in there. and trolls want to complain that from time to time i still bring up current topics from the last few years.

so again...:

totally blatant news! when you wear pink glasses and see pink ponies out the window.
only if you look at the projects from the country neutrally, then you almost only see games like a second job. every business model except P2W is laughed at as sarcasm. just watch the interviews on youtube. certain journalists provide good research etc ...
or to put it more simply: if you understand how the people there think, it is more than clear what they will make of warframe. did you like khora farms? YES???? then you will most likely get even more of such fantastic "content".

because drop chances are, with a few exceptions, "fair" in my opinion. but when i look at other projects, i prefer to go to work or start my own business. then i have more profit and can buy a lot of real-life items.

DE is doing stuff with Warframe that no-one else does. It is quite valuable from that perspective alone.

Leyou was in trouble before the acquisition, and most of the revenue (80%) was coming from Canada (mainly Warframe), with another approx. 10% from the US. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to understand DE was potentially being used as a milk cow. One sure thing with Tencent is that they have a sh*tload of money and a huge and varied revenue stream. So sure, there will be some pressure on DE to continue to generate profit (it is a company making money for it's owners, after all), but the pressure should be less. And this in turn might allow for more investment and R&D, which could translate into more and better content in Warframe.

I cannot see Tencent stripping DE of resources, it would be totally counter-intuitive. Instead I could see Tencent supporting DE and using Warframe as a testing ground, then using code & technologies in other applications (or even selling them as products). Tencent has been mostly about market position and control for several years now, since the money keeps rolling in anyway. I can understand the suspicion because Tencent is Chinese owned, but financially the company rocks. Just check the numbers for the first half of 2020: https://cdc-tencent-com-1258344706.image.myqcloud.com/uploads/2020/08/26/c798476aba9e18d44d9179e103a2e07f.pdf

23 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

there was a similar topic ... for me it was very interesting. useful information is in there. and trolls want to complain that from time to time i still bring up current topics from the last few years.

so again...:

totally blatant news! when you wear pink glasses and see pink ponies out the window.
only if you look at the projects from the country neutrally, then you almost only see games like a second job. every business model except P2W is laughed at as sarcasm. just watch the interviews on youtube. certain journalists provide good research etc ...
or to put it more simply: if you understand how the people there think, it is more than clear what they will make of warframe. did you like khora farms? YES???? then you will most likely get even more of such fantastic "content".

because drop chances are, with a few exceptions, "fair" in my opinion. but when i look at other projects, i prefer to go to work or start my own business. then i have more profit and can buy a lot of real-life items.

The reason people complain about you bringing up old topics is because there's no reason whatsoever to do it. None, zip, nada. They're years old,  and odds are incredibly high that the topic was resolved or the conversation died out. Theres no reason to do it other than to see yourself talking. If it's interesting, just read the thread, responding does literally nothing. It's like responding to an old youtube comment, it does nothing, and you get heat from someone else saying how old the comment is.

vor 27 Minuten schrieb (PSN)ErydisTheLucario:

The reason people complain about you bringing up old topics is because there's no reason whatsoever to do it. None, zip, nada. They're years old,  and odds are incredibly high that the topic was resolved or the conversation died out. Theres no reason to do it other than to see yourself talking. If it's interesting, just read the thread, responding does literally nothing. It's like responding to an old youtube comment, it does nothing, and you get heat from someone else saying how old the comment is.

is this forum a garbage can for you? ...and flush at the end?
for me this forum is a source of useful information. spam, eternal repetition (@ hello search engine), trolling does not belong in here.
you probably mean that you think so. I have no problem with it either. but selling your own opinion as the truth of the last instance is something strange.

3 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Not true. Set your matchmaking to public. If the event is happening, more times than not, you're gonna wind up with people who are there to farm Thermia.

I've run into multiple arguments with randos while hosting that they want Thermia buddies, meanwhile I'm trying to farm toroids and having more people nearby means more spawns.

40 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

Not true. Set your matchmaking to public. If the event is happening, more times than not, you're gonna wind up with people who are there to farm Thermia.

I've run into multiple arguments with randos while hosting that they want Thermia buddies, meanwhile I'm trying to farm toroids and having more people nearby means more spawns.

Unless I'm much mistaken, you cannot start a bounty against the exploiter orb without at least one diluted thermia? 

But regardless, I am talking about purely solo players. I just mean if someone doesn't have diluted thermia saved up, they are not going to be able to jump into a solo exploiter orb mission when the event isn't going as they cannot farm thermia, unless I am missing something. 

6 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Unless I'm much mistaken, you cannot start a bounty against the exploiter orb without at least one diluted thermia? 

But regardless, I am talking about purely solo players. I just mean if someone doesn't have diluted thermia saved up, they are not going to be able to jump into a solo exploiter orb mission when the event isn't going as they cannot farm thermia, unless I am missing something. 

I thought you were talking about the event to farm the Thermia itself.

1 hour ago, Battle.Mage said:

is this forum a garbage can for you? ...and flush at the end?
for me this forum is a source of useful information. spam, eternal repetition (@ hello search engine), trolling does not belong in here.
you probably mean that you think so. I have no problem with it either. but selling your own opinion as the truth of the last instance is something strange.

Tf you mean? This forum isn't a garbage can, I never said that. Yes theres useful info, but everyone here knows responding to 7 year old threads long forgotten does literally nothing. I'm not trolling, it's simply the truth. It does nothing for anyone, reading the old threads are different, responding is another. Its useless plain and simple. 

5 hours ago, MouadSaqui said:

Tencent is no different then any other company on planet earth, they all steal data, people who think there is companies that doesn't clearly don't understand how business works today, I don't understand people giving a damn about how much data companies steal while they voluntarily give social media companies (twitter - facebook - youtube ....) their own data, There is no privacy in 2020 :D so why the hell would people have concerns about the tencent deal ? 

Yeah but do they give that data to their government. .. ? Don't think so. ..

"Warframe developer to remain creatively independent with ambitious plans for 2021"

Who's gonna tell the developers that, when talking about Tencent, their being "creatively independent" seems to be the very least of players' worries, considering the reputation revolving around this company in particular..? 🤔

Archived