Jump to content

2020 Acquisition News


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Battle.Mage said:

is this forum a garbage can for you? ...and flush at the end?
for me this forum is a source of useful information. spam, eternal repetition (@ hello search engine), trolling does not belong in here.
you probably mean that you think so. I have no problem with it either. but selling your own opinion as the truth of the last instance is something strange.

Tf you mean? This forum isn't a garbage can, I never said that. Yes theres useful info, but everyone here knows responding to 7 year old threads long forgotten does literally nothing. I'm not trolling, it's simply the truth. It does nothing for anyone, reading the old threads are different, responding is another. Its useless plain and simple. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MouadSaqui said:

Tencent is no different then any other company on planet earth, they all steal data, people who think there is companies that doesn't clearly don't understand how business works today, I don't understand people giving a damn about how much data companies steal while they voluntarily give social media companies (twitter - facebook - youtube ....) their own data, There is no privacy in 2020 :D so why the hell would people have concerns about the tencent deal ? 

Yeah but do they give that data to their government. .. ? Don't think so. ..

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

"Warframe developer to remain creatively independent with ambitious plans for 2021"

Who's gonna tell the developers that, when talking about Tencent, their being "creatively independent" seems to be the very least of players' worries, considering the reputation revolving around this company in particular..? 🤔

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Sharky857 said:

"Warframe developer to remain creatively independent with ambitious plans for 2021"

Who's gonna tell the developers that, when talking about Tencent, their being "creatively independent" seems to be the very least of players' worries, considering the reputation revolving around this company in particular..? 🤔

DE as of late has lost their way, it wont get worse

if we cant get them to get off their ass do u think tencent will? my guess is no

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess is that in 6 months, we can expect a radical change or new mission type. The idea that warframe has "lost its way" rings true. Perhaps this change is for the better?

I propose a toast, "To 2021, may you find the light of a brighter future!"

___

Dear Devs at DE, seasons greetings 💖 Be well! Take my energy

🎇

\O/

 

Edited by LillyRaccune
Formatting correction
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well i read the "DIGITAL EXTREMES PARTNERS WITH TENCENT" when they finally broke the news, and I laughed my ass off.. You cant really believe what you have put in that statement can you!  Im not going to go on about Tencent being supported by chinas government, or CCP killing and imprisioning millions as "re-education".  But what I will get into is how you (thats DE) think that anything you put in the release is even close to being accurate.  Is it written by the CCP as propaganda cause it sounds like it is.

"One of our core pillars is transparency and so we’d like to let you know what that means" -  So would we but transparency has never been one of your strong points unfortunately.

"We will remain creatively independent" - so you get to think for yourself .. good one

"we expect no changes to Warframe" - maybe look at those other damaged games

"we will remain as dedicated ever to you, the community, who has been with us every step of the way since we launched Warframe"  - really strange one here you've actively dis-associated with those players who were with you since the beginning and concentrated on casual players.. weird

"Yes, we will continue to create great content for Warframe" - been awhile since that has happened, perhaps you meant great potential content badly released and untested

 "and we will remain creatively independent". - again congrats on that

"Our focus will remain on listening to you, our community, upgrading Warframe based on your feedback, and developing the kind of great stories, gameplay, and incredible new space ninja action you’ve come to expect from us." - and this is like what! you (thats DE) never listen to us, or base anything on our real feedback, and the rest again brings back the words great potential - poor execution.

"Tencent is well known for respecting the creative decisions and integrity of its studios, and for giving them the autonomy and independence to experiment, innovate and thrive" -  this one had to be supplied from them (thats not DE) for you..

"Warframe’s direction will remain in the hands of its development team, which is 100% dedicated to its community  We got here because of you!" - most of those players have gone btw, you alienated them to panda to casuals remember.

"For better or worse, you’re still stuck with our decisions :P!" - well not really but nice to see your sense of humour .. 

 

Well I hope your belief in the chinese government "owned" enterprise goes according to your plan, the statement you released obviously was well written to appease younger players that really dont know much about the CCP.  Good Luck

 

  • Like 13
Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 5 Stunden schrieb (PSN)SolarPhantom82:

So if I buy anything in warframe.  The money goes throw DEs hands and into Tencents. They pay  tax which goes to the CCP.  And the CCP use that money to make worker camps for Muslims. ..  yeah I'm out. ..  

The clothes you're wearing. At least some of them probably made by a child worker somewhere. The food you're eating. At least some of it probably the result of underpaying some sort of agrar cultural worker or animal farmer. Your coffee. Probably the result of exploiting people in South America where most coffee beans come from. The medication you bought. Probably overpriced due to a pharma company buying patents of generica formulae to keep the price of their own product high. The gold ring you gave your wife? Gold miners in South Africa, Chile or Papua New Guinea for example working for next to nothing considering the conditions. Pretty much anything you spend your money on in everyday life is (quite likely) exploiting or harming someone or something somewhere.

Just a little reality check. Unless you actually check every production chain of everything you buy and adjust your consumer behaviour accordingly of course. If that's the case: good on you!

It's also like saying: I don't buy Microsoft or any US based company products because they pay taxes in the US and the US military, financed by taxes, shot people somewhere including civilian casualties. This works for literally any country that has ever been, is or will be in a war by the way which makes it a short list of countries you should feel comfortable to buy products from (if their products don't do what I mentioned further above that is of course).

I'm also not a fan of Tencent but what you said is pretty one dimensional.

Edited by (PSN)Deeceem
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, (PSN)SolarPhantom82 said:

Yeah but do they give that data to their government. .. ? Don't think so. ..

Ever heard of Google? Maybe Facebook? Most of the companies share data with Governments. How do the Governments managed to track your phone number hmm? 

It's a sad reality we live in. We are stuck with it, so we have to live with it.

This world won't change if politicians still addicted to power and the public being ignorant.

Edited by DrivaMain
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, (PSN)Deeceem said:

The clothes you're wearing. At least some of them probably made by a child worker somewhere. The food you're eating. At least some of it probably the result of underpaying some sort of agrar cultural worker or animal farmer. Your coffee. Probably the result of exploiting people in South America where most coffee beans come from. The medication you bought. Probably overpriced due to a pharma company buying patents of generica formulae to keep the price of their own product high. The gold ring you gave your wife? Gold miners in South Africa, Chile or Papua New Guinea for example working for next to nothing considering the conditions. Pretty much anything you spend your money on in everyday life is (quite likely) exploiting or harming someone or something somewhere.

Just a little reality check. Unless you actually check every production chain of everything you buy and adjust your consumer behaviour accordingly of course. If that's the case: good on you!

It's also like saying: I don't buy Microsoft or any US based company products because they pay taxes in the US and the US military, financed by taxes, shot people somewhere including civilian casualties. This works for literally any country that has ever been, is or will be in a war by the way which makes it a short list of countries you should feel comfortable to buy products from (if their products don't do what I mentioned further above that is of course).

I'm also not a fan of Tencent but what you said is pretty one dimensional.

I do understand what your saying.  But These are unknown choices your talking about. Like if my Nike t shirt had a tage on it saying " made with child labor' you think I would buy it?  .. as for tencent ,  your basically saying turn a blind eye.  I don't think I will do that. ..  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, (PSN)Spider_Enigma said:

DE as of late has lost their way, it wont get worse

if we cant get them to get off their ass do u think tencent will? my guess is no

What I wrote it's not really linked to DE itself. It's referred to what it is known about Tencent.

More precisely (and according to what I can remember off the bat), their ties with some government, and how they seem to speak about "transparency" and "integrity" and then coincidentally you see some "uncomfortable" comments and/or posts/thread suddenly disappear in thin air.

Like, Tencent also owns Blizzard.net. I haven't forgotten how some players had been suddenly muted on the chat or banned (temporarily at first) from the game because they mentioned some H**g K**g issue at that time. I remember that because even me and a friend of mine sometimes would discuss that, but we used to switch over to Discord, because we didn't even dare to mention H-K on the in-game chat.

In addition, one who was a pro player at that time even got suspended from tournaments (and the newscasters who got this player to say the "F-H-K" words in the end had been fired too, IIRC). I think at first it was supposed to be a permanent suspension, but following the whole playerbase's rampage, Blizzard in the end turned it into a 1 year suspension instead.

And all this, to me, looks like the exact opposite of being "transparent" and caring for one's "integrity".

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 6 Stunden schrieb (PSN)SolarPhantom82:

I do understand what your saying.  But These are unknown choices your talking about. Like if my Nike t shirt had a tage on it saying " made with child labor' you think I would buy it?  .. as for tencent ,  your basically saying turn a blind eye.  I don't think I will do that. ..  

I did never say to turn a blind eye. I just find it very selective - which you are free to do. Do you never buy anything where your money ends up at Chinese investment company? Because there are a lot involved in a lot. You could easily research the products you consume to find out what they are or aren't involved with if it is important to you or do you think just because your Nike t-shirt specifically isn't made by a child or at least not marked as such you buying it suddenly stops supporting the company that still does do child labor for a different shirt or pair of shoes?

I'm not trying to "shame" you or something. I guess it can come across as such. I do mostly nothing i suggested myself. I find the topic just interesting. You do you. I'm aware it's a pointless discussion to begin with. I'm just rambling about it.

Edited by (PSN)Deeceem
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, (PSN)SolarPhantom82 said:

Yeah but do they give that data to their government. .. ? Don't think so. ..

No, worse, they sell it to privately owned companies...
Seriously... The Chinese government doesn't need to create a top earning multinational company just to get your data, just like the US, they have their own hackers they can use.

And honestly, what the #*!% do you think the Chinese Government wants your data for? Seriously, what? What makes any of us of any interest that makes the Chinese government create an elaborate plan to acquire something they already have an intelligence division more than able to obtain? Its much more simple to just make targeted individual attacks, than to actually make a huge multinational company... I mean, are you even thinking?

The USA, through the NSA and CIA has spied in just about all their allies. They CAN, and have TRIED to use google and apple for their goals... Are you not using chrome, android or iphones?

Yes, China is terrible to THEIR CITIZENS, but you're not one of them, otherwise you wouldn't be in this forum. But that doesn't mean that everything coming from China is supporting that endeavour. Just like not everything made in the USA is supporting their oil questing, government toppling shenanigans. I mean, as far as i know, China hasn't created some of the worse dictators we've seen, they haven't taught and trained the most vicious terrorists in the world, they haven't invaded countries on false pretences only to leave them in ruins to some puppet government just for the enrichment of a few. At least when China invades something they do it the old fashion way and go "mine now". They don't just leave it all in ruins and go, "its yours, sort it out".

 

1 hour ago, (PSN)Deeceem said:

I did never say to turn a blind eye. I just find it very selective - which you are free to do. Do you never buy anything where your money ends up at Chinese investment company? Because there are a lot involved in a lot. You could easily research the products you consume to find out what they are or aren't involved with if it is important to you or do you think just because your Nike t-shirt specifically isn't made by a child or at least not marked as such you buying it suddenly stops supporting the company that still does do child labor for a different shirt or pair of shoes?

I'm not trying to "shame" you or something. I guess it can come across as such. I do mostly nothing i suggested myself. I find the topic just interesting. You do you.

Heh... Given that most of the US's foreign debt is held by the Chinese... Well, if people really stuck to their guns, half the people in this thread would be living in a cave...

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
vor einer Stunde schrieb ReaverKane:

No, worse, they sell it to privately owned companies...
Seriously... The Chinese government doesn't need to create a top earning multinational company just to get your data, just like the US, they have their own hackers they can use.

And honestly, what the #*!% do you think the Chinese Government wants your data for? Seriously, what? What makes any of us of any interest that makes the Chinese government create an elaborate plan to acquire something they already have an intelligence division more than able to obtain? Its much more simple to just make targeted individual attacks, than to actually make a huge multinational company... I mean, are you even thinking?

The USA, through the NSA and CIA has spied in just about all their allies. They CAN, and have TRIED to use google and apple for their goals... Are you not using chrome, android or iphones?

Yes, China is terrible to THEIR CITIZENS, but you're not one of them, otherwise you wouldn't be in this forum. But that doesn't mean that everything coming from China is supporting that endeavour. Just like not everything made in the USA is supporting their oil questing, government toppling shenanigans. I mean, as far as i know, China hasn't created some of the worse dictators we've seen, they haven't taught and trained the most vicious terrorists in the world, they haven't invaded countries on false pretences only to leave them in ruins to some puppet government just for the enrichment of a few. At least when China invades something they do it the old fashion way and go "mine now". They don't just leave it all in ruins and go, "its yours, sort it out".

 

Heh... Given that most of the US's foreign debt is held by the Chinese... Well, if people really stuck to their guns, half the people in this thread would be living in a cave...

Yeah, I suppose that's what I'm always curious about. "Why is this important enough to act upon but you can ignore all the other - arguably worse - things going on that you could act upon just as easy or even easier?"

It really irks me since the whole situation with scalpers and consoles was made such a big deal about that even some governments step in. Why? Because people can't wait a few months? Scalpers do exploit the free market just like anybody else does but for some reason that's more outrage-worthy than for example publicly known and accepted market manipulation by the pharma industry to keep their products expensive until their own and bought up patents run out and cheaper generica can be produced and sold. I don't know, I'd say instantly and permanent affordable medication for everyone seems more important to me personally than getting a PS5 on release day.

Priorities, I guess.

Edited by (PSN)Deeceem
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-12-23 at 1:31 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

For better or worse, you’re still stuck with our decisions :P! 

And so are you.

For some reason, I come to think of vegans wearing leather, and human rights activists buying Crapple products.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Judging by other projects bought by Tencent. The only things we need to worry about is the huge influx of new MTXs,which is not bad at all,since our game is about fashion. 🙃

Well,maybe they will invest in some new gameplay features too,i hope,but highly doubt.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-12-25 at 2:16 AM, (PSN)Deeceem said:

It's also like saying: I don't buy Microsoft or any US based company products because they pay taxes in the US and the US military, financed by taxes, shot people somewhere including civilian casualties. This works for literally any country that has ever been, is or will be in a war by the way which makes it a short list of countries you should feel comfortable to buy products from (if their products don't do what I mentioned further above that is of course).

I'm also not a fan of Tencent but what you said is pretty one dimensional.

Exactly - the amount of hand wringing is bordering on the ridiculous. Use any form of social media including Discord/Twitch/Reddit? Guess what, you're data is already compromised. Play any game produced in the last 4 years? Guess what, you're most likely financing a Chinese investment company. That's what a global economy means.

By all means take a stand but understand what that really means.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-12-24 at 7:50 PM, SpiritTeA said:

People don’t like Tenncent why? Beca it’s stealing data? Are you using facebook lul? Because it’s chinese? Damn it, America made so much crap to my country during history that nazies are not that bad in comparison( I might regret saying it, but whatever), yet nobody yelling at american companies owning everything, not I care about it anyway. Grow up people and get out your head from the shell. 

It's not the data most people are worried about.

Chinese laws requre that to operate in China, a chinese company must have a significant share in the operating company's stock, which will allow them to excert certain degree of control over it.  With these laws Chinese government uses Tencent and few other companies like it as a proxy to own a share of any company that operates on their territory, as a bonus to the usual taxation, and they use that share to excert as much control over the media that is available in their country as possible. They are a totalitarian regime that commits literal genocide as you read this message. Partaking in the deals with Tencent means literally giving money to the totalitarists. From any money you spend on Warframe now, part goes to Chinese government, even if transaction happened outside of China's jurisdiction.

This is same reason people oppose Epic Game Store, as Epic now is a 40% chinese company, since 40% of them was acquired by Tencent.

Edited by CorvusTheHeretic
  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, CorvusTheHeretic said:

It's not the data most people are worried about.

Chinese laws requre that to operate in China, a chinese company must have a significant share in the operating company's stock, which will allow them to excert certain degree of control over it.  With these laws Chinese government uses Tencent and few other companies like it as a proxy to own a share of any company that operates on their territory, as a bonus to the usual taxation, and they use that share to excert as much control over the media that is available in their country as possible. They are a totalitarian regime that commits literal genocide as you read this message. Partaking in the deals with Tencent means literally giving money to the totalitarists. From any money you spend on Warframe now, part goes to Chinese government, even if transaction happened outside of China's jurisdiction.

This is same reason people oppose Epic Game Store, as Epic now is a 40% chinese company, since 40% of them was acquired by Tencent.

Dude; I also pay for stuff made in the USA or Israel, if doesn't ring-a-bell on your head I can talk about a lot of proxy wars for oil and the literal genocide of Palestine right now :). I mean, if your worry is "china is a totalitarian goverment", at least they aren't literally bombing innocent people.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

at least they aren't literally bombing innocent people.

Annexing neigboring territories, slavery and indentured servitude, putting ethnic and religious minorities as well as political dissidents in concentration camps, involuntary organ harvesting, and the brutal suppression of critical voices in H K will easily put them in the same category. And if you'd follow the Covid-19 from the start, you'll see all kinds of transgressions of human rights in the CCP's attempt to control the spread.

Read up on business analytics and commentary of chinese business trends and practices, and you'll find their general methodology being extremely predatory and insidious.

  • Like 12
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...