Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gifting Lavos does not give the Transmutation Probe decoration, and DE have altered the patch notes with no mention. Anyone who gifted them deserves either a plat refund, or the decoration.

anarchy753

When Orphix Venom launched, this was included in the official patch notes:

816nZbK.png

"Gifting Lavos to another player means you'll receive an additional Lavos Transmutation Probe Decoration!"

I submitted a support request several days ago upon not receiving the decoration for gifting Lavos to a friend, including hte above screenshot.

Since then, without any mention anywhere else, DE have altered the Orphix Venom patch notes the change that note to refer to the *collection* instead.

ROME9rH.png

That's 645 platinum to gift to someone for a decoration.

Regardless, it is in incredibly poor taste to advertise something incorrectly, allow users to pay money with the expectation of receiving something, and then rather than issue an apology or refund the purchases, simply change the advertising and pretend countless people weren't cheated out of money.

These purchases should all either be refunded, or the decoration should be awarded to anybody who gifted Lavos until now.

16 minutes ago, (XBOX)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

That's something shady now innit? 

I can't say I've ever seen something this underhanded from DE before. Normally if there's a mistake they're very quick to say "Something went wrong, we're running a script to fix it." In this case they've just gone "quick, change the notes before people notice."

15 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Yeah I remember reading the patch notes when it came out, and I would swear up and down that it said Lavos and not the collection. 

Well it definitely did, that screenshot from the patch notes page is 2 days old and was included in my support ticket.

3 minutes ago, anarchy753 said:

Well it definitely did, that screenshot from the patch notes page is 2 days old and was included in my support ticket.

It doesn't even make sense to me for it to be the collection. 

Even generous players may not want to gift the whole collection for just a decoration, but more to the point, don't you get the decoration from buying the collection?

So if that generous tenno is rich and buying stuff left and right, they probably bought themselves the collection instead or in addition to buying Lavos collection for other tenno and thus get it anyways. 

It just seems absurd for it to be only for the collection. Now it's a weird dilemma where I have to be so generous that I will buy the collection for someone else so I can get it, but not for myself and just get it anyways?

It's just silly.... it really, really is. 

8 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

It doesn't even make sense to me for it to be the collection. 

Even generous players may not want to gift the whole collection for just a decoration, but more to the point, don't you get the decoration from buying the collection?

So if that generous tenno is rich and buying stuff left and right, they probably bought themselves the collection instead or in addition to buying Lavos for other tenno and thus get it anyways. 

It just seems absurd for it to be only for the collection. Now it's a weird dilemma where I have to be so generous that I will buy the collection for someone else so I can get it, but not for myself and just get it anyways?

That's a big problem too, they did it with Baruuk as well. I don't want to buy the bundle. I want to participate in content and earn frames and weapons, and in just farming the cosmetics in the event I've already got Lavos 3 times over and his weapon. There's no sense in me buying the bundle of stuff I was already going to earn for a decoration. I gifted the frame to a friend who tends not to farm these grindy events because it was much cheaper and during tennobaum, but wouldn't have otherwise if it weren't advertised as giving the decoration.

hace 16 minutos, anarchy753 dijo:

I can't say I've ever seen something this underhanded from DE before. Normally if there's a mistake they're very quick to say "Something went wrong, we're running a script to fix it." In this case they've just gone "quick, change the notes before people notice."

Well, not long ago they did released Steel Path with no mention of Steel Essence not being affected by resource boosters, it took months for them to even address it, in a patch note...  after a lot of people got screwed over by buying boosters expecting to get extra essence in their farming sessions.

1 minute ago, (PSN)xBellikx said:

Well, not long ago they did released Steel Path with no mention of Steel Essence not being affected by resource boosters, it took months for them to even address it, in a patch note...  after a lot of people got screwed over by buying boosters expecting to get extra essence in their farming sessions.

True, but they didn't go back into the Steel Path patch notes and write "Steel Essence isn't affected by boosters" and pretend it was transparent all along.

Ah craaaaaap...
I read the patch notes on release, and excitedly told my family (Sis and Bro-in-Law) who plays about it. Plan was 1.) Attempt the Lavos Farm 2.) If farm is too long or too brutal, like the Harrow one was, Gift each other the Warframe, and everyone gets a free decoration.

Should go update them on what the actual dealio is now. DX

4 minutes ago, Kylo. said:

I gifted Lavos to one person and the bundle to another person and I have two of those decoration in my inventory.

That was on Day zero. The Gifting that is.

For what it's worth I have read another thread on launch day where at least 3-4 were writing of gifting Lavos and not getting the decoration, so it's not an isolated problem. 

That is super shady, I had hoped DE would be better than that. The last edit to the big patchnote post when Lavos released was 3 hours ago. Presumably this very thing got edited in. I remember being surprised about just gifting the frame alone was also giving you the decoration but silently walking back on it is really bad. @[DE]Rebecca, you got anything to say to that?

1 minute ago, Drachnyn said:

That is super shady, I had hoped DE would be better than that. The last edit to the big patchnote post when Lavos released was 3 hours ago. Presumably this very thing got edited in. I remember being surprised about just gifting the frame alone was also giving you the decoration but silently walking back on it is really bad. @[DE]Rebecca, you got anything to say to that?

My assumption was that it was in the spirit of tennobaum, you can spend a lot of plat for the bundle to get the decoration yourself, or spend less and participate in the gifting event and get a small reward.

If you go into the launcher then build notes you can see that it says Lavos instead of Lavos Colletion, but to be fair it is under the Lavos Colletion section, that is SUS, and the OP didn't mention that the text was under the Lavos Colletion section which I consider to be this (trying to get something by exploiting what the other person said wrong but I knew what the other person was trying to say) I think the OP didn't had that intention but missing that point is misleading and I'm on DE side but If you want a refund Your Right, if you want the decoration I think DE doesn't have to honor, but it is a gift so the situation is not that simple because the person that received the gift should lose his gift because the person who gave him the gift asked for a refund and if that goes tho it should go tho every time so we could get ppl trolling the player base, so DE should give the decoration but if DE gives the decoration the exploiters win (I still think the OP didn't had that intention) what if DE just corrects the misleading text the walks away well now DE gets hurt by the player base.

This is more complicated than what you might think it is and we should wait on the DE response after the holidays because I think they are closed now and it is too much for just one person in a team to have a saying on this.

My opinion is that we should have corrected DE or at least asked DE if the text was right.
Before you say to me why didn't you corrected DE? I didn't read the patch notes because I don't like spoilers I just read the update tittle on my phone and I decide if going to play or not and to be honest I would auto see Lavos as Lavos Colletion bacause it was under the Lavos Colletion basicaly I would be the person who made the typo.

TL;DR
You can go to the launcher and see the old patch notes for your self.
The text that the OP talks was changed BUT that same text was and still is under the Lavos Colletion section and the OP didn't mention it.
This is more complicated than what you might think it is and we should wait on the DE response after the holidays because I think they are closed now and it is too much for just one person in a team to have a saying on this.
My opinion is that we should have corrected DE or at least asked DE if the text was right.

12 minutes ago, ThomasT75 said:

If you go into the launcher then build notes you can see that it says Lavos instead of Lavos Colletion, but to be fair it is under the Lavos Colletion section, that is SUS, and the OP didn't mention that the text was under the Lavos Colletion section which I consider to be this (trying to get something by exploiting what the other person said wrong but I knew what the other person was trying to say) I think the OP didn't had that intention but missing that point is misleading and I'm on DE side but If you want a refund Your Right, if you want the decoration I think DE doesn't have to honor, but it is a gift so the situation is not that simple because the person that received the gift should lose his gift because the person who gave him the gift asked for a refund and if that goes tho it should go tho every time so we could get ppl trolling the player base, so DE should give the decoration but if DE gives the decoration the exploiters win (I still think the OP didn't had that intention) what if DE just corrects the misleading text the walks away well now DE gets hurt by the player base.

Before you say to me why didn't you corrected DE? I didn't read the patch notes because I don't like spoilers I just read the update tittle on my phone and I decide if going to play or not and to be honest I would auto see Lavos as Lavos Colletion bacause it was under the Lavos Colletion basicaly I would be the person who made the typo.

TL;DR
You can go to the launcher and see the old patch notes for your self.
The text that the OP talks was changed BUT that same text was and still is under the Lavos Colletion section and the OP didn't mention it.

I agree with this, but this situation could be avoided if they didn't edited the post without a thread or a comment addressing the issue, since this is not the only person who "misread" or "deliberately tried to take an advantage" on the deal, because the wording was confusing enough despite being in the lavos collection section.

3 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

I agree with this, but this situation could be avoided if they didn't edited the post without a thread or a comment addressing the issue, since this is not the only person who "misread" or "deliberately tried to take an advantage" on the deal, because the wording was confusing enough despite being in the lavos collection section.

I wasn't scouring the Lavos collection for references to it. I looked at the patch notes, they said "gift Lavos to a friend for the decoration" so when I opened the game I did so.

I didn't "misread" anything, I did not "try to take advantage" of anything, I simply did what was advertised to the word, and was cheated out of the purchase.

31 minutes ago, ThomasT75 said:

If you go into the launcher then build notes you can see that it says Lavos instead of Lavos Colletion, but to be fair it is under the Lavos Colletion section, that is SUS, and the OP didn't mention that the text was under the Lavos Colletion section which I consider to be this (trying to get something by exploiting what the other person said wrong but I knew what the other person was trying to say) I think the OP didn't had that intention but missing that point is misleading and I'm on DE side

I completely disagree. 

It is very misleading. 

Just because it is under Lavos Collection means nothing. It said Lavos, not Lavos Collection. It said what it said. And legally, in countries where players are entitled to a refund if something wasn't as expected, they would easily be entitled to a refund for this, and it would be DE's mess to fix on their end, and not the players responsibility. 

I have read quite a few posts from people honestly thinking this was a bug even reporting it as such, and I think it is quite silly to suggest people would be "taking advantage or even exploiting"  something that DE offered them clearly in the English written word. 

It said what it said. 

Archived