Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corn Robot: Must we go in this direction?

MixtheBlender

I know it is called necromech. It's a cool name, except the actual thing. I've been taking more and more breaks because of this corn robot. If the New War content requires me to play in this lame corn robot instead of my space ninja mech alien Warframe, I might just stop caring about the game. I wouldn't mind it as a companion or minion, but there is no way I'm piloting it.

23 minutes ago, JustL1me said:

Get in the Necramech, Shinji.

For a real answer, it's 100% likely they're just doing this as a one-time gimmick event. A gimmick.

what? theres a 100% chance this is NOT a one time gimmick event. necramechs predate this event, and this event was meant to introduce us to using mechs in standard mission tiles.

yea i'm not into this mechs myself but atleast the current event made me use it otherwise it would be lying dust. since mastery matters to me i have to 5forma both of this junk.

which again would annoy me if i'm putting all these resource i better get some use out of them. i Honestly think they were an unnecessary addition to the game which bring stupid gameplay unless people are into such things (i'm not). they could have instead focus on RJ element for Deimos something since building RJ also is/was a pain while grinding for those proper weapons/engines/mods

I don't mind. With the new skin they released i absolutely LOVE the aesthetic of the thing and i love the gameplay as well.
If anything i can only hope they keep connecting them to everything.

Warframe gameplay is cool and all, but it gets stale at some point. Warframe is the only game where i found myself falling asleep mid-gameplay, because sometimes i'm just that bored. The mech gameplay is a nice spice-up.

Corn robot does look dumb, but the new skin helps.

I really do hope they go for other designs for future mechs, though...

Corpus mechs should look like Megaman X Ride Armor

Spoiler

High tech and angular. Very clean cut, demonstrating the sophistication of corpus manufacturing. Bulky, powerful arms and legs. 
latest?cb=20151029111159

Whereas Grineer mechs should look more like classic Final Fantasy Warmechs or Magitek armor.

Spoiler

More of a round design, maybe with some of the underlying mechanics peaking through. Mechanical and industrial, like all other Grineer tech:

Warmech.pngMagitekarmor.png

I'm not sure why there is so much dislike for the necramechs. They make the game way more fun and also it solves something that has been an issue for a long time which is open world difficulty. Kind of evens the playing field when you can get sniped from the other side of the map.

34 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

I mean, I hate to say this, but Archwing is dead. Railjack killed it, and then DE forgot about Railjack. :P

How is Archwing dead? It's the fastest way to travel in open world, the only way to fight the Balor Fomorian, and can be BETTER than railjacks if you have the right loadout. Have you tried the Kuva Ayanga? That thing is a BEAST. Best weapon in the game easily and even better when you're using the fastest vehicle in the game.

Also how did DE forget about railjack? We have another major update coming at some point which unlocks the Command intrinsic and also railjack specters. We're also awaiting Lich ships, and Corpus ships.

These Necramechs are notably missing missile launchers and the typical homing missile lock-on UI and mechanics. Hopefully the third one will be a proper Mech like we find in Mech Warrior!

EDIT: I'm not a big Mech Warrior player or anything... I was a small child when Windows 95 came out. Mech Warrior 2 was bundled with our IBM Aptiva (as was customary in those days to get lots of games with your new PC!) that ran this new alien OS Windows 95 that took some figuring out to use!

Look at the OST art... now that's what a proper Mech looks like (though the graphics in the game are now retrospectively atrocious! Wow!). It has missile launchers and turrets and cannons. And they have many of the mechanics of Railjack! But there's also a homing missile mode where you have to line up the reticle until you hear a solid beep... then you launch a volley of missiles! At least that's all I can remember...

Spoiler

Music still sounds stunning though! There's a good 7 or so game songs in that OST playlist.

1 hour ago, (NSW)JigsJosh said:

I'm not sure why there is so much dislike for the necramechs. They make the game way more fun and also it solves something that has been an issue for a long time which is open world difficulty. Kind of evens the playing field when you can get sniped from the other side of the map.

How is Archwing dead? It's the fastest way to travel in open world, the only way to fight the Balor Fomorian, and can be BETTER than railjacks if you have the right loadout. Have you tried the Kuva Ayanga? That thing is a BEAST. Best weapon in the game easily and even better when you're using the fastest vehicle in the game.

Also how did DE forget about railjack? We have another major update coming at some point which unlocks the Command intrinsic and also railjack specters. We're also awaiting Lich ships, and Corpus ships.

I want to see this weird alternate reality you're from.

1 minute ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

Probably the one where reading comprehension and an understanding of high-level concepts like "the future" and "in development" exist.

So definitely not the one you're from.

WEW LAD, THAT'S SOME PROJECTION YOU'VE GOT THERE

Why don't you tell me about how Waframe is a beta! 🤣

How is Archwing dead? It's the fastest way to travel in open world, the only way to fight the Balor Fomorian

The fact that Archwing, which originally came out with its own exclusive missions, is only considered good for one event and otherwise being a mode of transportation really says something about how viable it is overall. Railjack has more engaging mechanics in space by comparison.

I don't see your point. After Command intrinsic, specters, Lich and Corpus ships come out, do you think they'll ever look back at this again afterwards? DE has a habit of dumping new projects as quickly as they make them. Hell, we haven't seen a whole lot more from what could've been a great nemesis-like Lich system and all DE is planning is adding more diverse voices down the road.

I see no reason why DE won't leave Necramech dead in the water later.

8 hours ago, (NSW)JigsJosh said:

I'm not sure why there is so much dislike for the necramechs.

I don't like the feel that they're (badly) trying to replace Warframes, basically, even if it's an unintentional thing. The lore "additions" effectively shoehorn mechs into the "void-slinging" place Warframes / Operators occupied (see: a few threads asking why Warframes are necessary if Necramechs are also anti-Sentient machines). Likewise, where you'd expect mechs to be, y'know, slower and lumbering and powerful things, they're shoved into an event mission that relies more on quickly and effectively getting from point A to point B (where most use a Fluctus) - y'know, that thing Warframes are renowned for. (Which doesn't just seem like a failed attempt to say "hey Necramechs can do it too!", but also puts mechs in the worst position to highlight their strengths, when you could throw them into a defence mission or untimed exterminate and likely have an absolute blast by comparison)

It's like all the other vehicles got buddy-buddy with the player and were cool with being in their own lane (Archwings for space combat and K-drives for Tony Hawk, for example) while mechs elbow-checked the player into the boards to take over centre stage. For me, it's like, "nah bro, you're supposed to be big, tough, frak-off machines with massive artillery that'd make Michael Bay jealous, not space ninjas. Back off."

That's just me, though.

call me salty if you want, but i hate these nechramech things, both lorewise and gameplay. they're one of the big reasons why im not playing the orphix venom event. removing them from the game would be best but like lunaro DE sunk too much time and resources into them and they ain't going anywhere. if they didn't rush things so quickly and incomplete, then maybe they'd of saw the community is split on how to feel about them.

14 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Yes, Mechs, Railjack, and Archwing will become part of the main game. If you don't like them, consider quitting now.

I don't like them, but before I consider quitting, it's worth saying that I wouldn't quit if DE would just get back to WF basics. Frames, guns, blades, huge hordes of baddies to tear through, and a deep mod system that allows for creativity and optimization to coexist. Instead, we get more and more horizontal bloat full of shallow minigames and parasitic grinds. It's like going to Burger King and finding out they don't sell burgers anymore, but hey you can buy hamburger flavored soda.

10 hours ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

I don't like them, but before I consider quitting, it's worth saying that I wouldn't quit if DE would just get back to WF basics. Frames, guns, blades, huge hordes of baddies to tear through, and a deep mod system that allows for creativity and optimization to coexist. Instead, we get more and more horizontal bloat full of shallow minigames and parasitic grinds. It's like going to Burger King and finding out they don't sell burgers anymore, but hey you can buy hamburger flavored soda.

I believe it may be more like going to Burger King and finding out that they don't advertise that they burgers anymore and they're not on the official menu (but you can get one if you ask just so) because their burger recipe relies on adding caltrops to the burger, and whenever they tried to change it to remove the caltrops their core consumer base started yelling that they liked the caltrops, the caltrops is what made Burger King unique, internal lacerations is the core experience of going to Burger King. Of course, everyone else figured out that removing the Caltrops is a good idea and stopped going to Burger King because of them, so Burger King didn't stop selling them, they just focused on the alternatives. Even if it's their fault for putting the Caltrops in in the first place, they can't go back on it now because their core consumers will riot and destroy their reputation if they remove them.

I'm being hyperbolic but this is basically the situation DE's in. In this case, the numerous massive imbalances in foundational systems would be the Caltrops. And yes there's probably some other major flaw with the metaphor, that's inevitable.

On 2020-12-23 at 2:19 AM, JustL1me said:

Get in the Necramech, Shinji.

For a real answer, it's 100% likely they're just doing this as a one-time gimmick event. A gimmick.

One time gimmick event that forces us to forma 5 times to max rank X2 (2 mechs) otherwise they spent all that dev time for a 1 off event and restricting the mechs to 3 maps - one of the recent dev streams before the current event they stated that they were not going to be spending time after Steel Path developing components and content for the game that had a narrow/limited use case --  Which liekly means that unless everybody stops using their mechs and never touches them again therer iwll be more Mechs and more mech content moving forward.  Likely also they will be involved with the New War as it unfolds.

17 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Where have you been the last 3 months?

Playing the game and not following streams.

Where am I wrong in what I said, though? Archwings have barely been touched, everyone's holding out hopes for a Railjack update that'll be lukewarm at best, Liches are only getting new voices (maybe a couple new guns). DE is probably focusing most of their resources into the next new hotness.

Archived