Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corn Robot: Must we go in this direction?

MixtheBlender

15 hours ago, Voltage said:

I don't like how restrictive Necramechs are and how isolated they are in the game. Warframe's bread and butter is variety, and Arquebex isn't variety... Health, Shields, Energy, and other synergies are barely existent and potentially oversights if there is one.

If I listed every issue I have with Necramechs and they got fixed, You would just have 2 new Warframes.

This is how I feel about the current Necramech situation. They just feel like an outdated and inferior version of the game we've been accustomed to. They feel like the K-Drive of Warframes. Sure, they exist and are an option, but they are so impractical that they need to be forced on the player to see any real usage.

A part of this, IMO, is the 'God of all trades' balance problem the game's stumbled into. It affects new Warframe releases as well, but it's especially felt with the Necramechs and to a lesser extent, the Operators.

Warframes aren't just good at everything - they're great at everything. Once a player has a decent chunk of progress behind them, they effectively have no discernable weaknesses. Ammo's not an issue, energy isn't an issue, survivability isn't an issue in the vast majority of content, we're incredibly fast, damage is off the charts and aim is entirely optional.

So... what are you supposed to add to make something desirable? 

As you say, Warframe's bread and butter is variety, but when you have something that's functionally 'do everything', then variety is simply non-existent. The role it would appear Necramechs were supposed to fill (but don't) is the 'more power for less QoL' department. You have to manage stamina, they don't fit in all the nooks and crannies, poor energy economy etc.  but they have big numbers on their damage and can take a lot of hits. But that gets invalidated when half the frames have comparable damage numbers without all that, and the rest either have greater durability or can invalidate the need for a health bar to begin with through CC or Invisibility. So, what's the point in any new stuff?

The players have no flaws or weaknesses. No niches to fill. 

Or you know, it could just be that doing things like disabling nearly all forms of healing on nechcramechs, giving them worse melee and melee mods (in the case of Bone Widow), and outdated non-synergistic only-your-4-really-matters design (in the case of Voidrig) tends to have the undesirable effect of making the necramechs...

7Oop2td.png

Than their "mundane" and familiar frame counterparts. Crazy thought, but maybe if Necramechs just performed as well as frames people would choose to use them, of their own accord, and all this contrived nonsense attempting to force people into using them, either through events with forced use of the mechs, or unnecessarily cramming everything into an arbitrary role is absolutely pointless.

But whatever, sure, the problem is that the necramechs aren't speshul snowflakes, sure, let's go with that.

MMO design really has poisoned the entire industry and all the players, I swear.

On 2020-12-23 at 7:44 AM, Miser_able said:

and this event was meant to introduce us to using mechs in standard mission tiles

yep, and it made me even more determined not to use them like that - crunching my head against every doorway is not something that was fun, let alone dealing with even the limited parkour parts of the msision maps that necramechs similarly suck at. They are not suitable for standard missions, and frankly should be as much of the main game as archwing is.

On 2020-12-24 at 11:41 PM, DLOArceus said:

i just see Necramechs simply as another Warframe

I understand that, but they're not are they - they're vehicles with guns, like archwing. I wonder if anyone would think summoning archwing in normal missions complete with archguns would be a good thing?

If the mech was like a warframe, but metal, I think there would be less concern over them, but then they would still be unsuitable for normal missions due to their size and the mechanics. If the guns were ammo or even recharge based (like several standard weapons) and the mechs' energy was like warframes energy then there would be less concern about them overall, but they're not. If they didn't break the lore so much as they have done with OV and were just a new vehicle type for open worlds, then there'd still be less concern over them.

Archived