Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Bug] Soma - Reload Time

mankz

Info:

- Soma: Piercing Hit + Point Strike + Hammer Shot + Hellfire + Split Chamber + Vital Sense + Serration + Shred

- Warframe: Ember, Mag Prime, Nova, Rhino, Volt

- Secondary and mele weapon should not be involved, since I changed them around to lvl up some of them

Bug:

Soma is already reloaded exactly at 50% of the reload time.

How to:

Start Reloading, once at 50% of the reload bar your bullets should already be at 100/XXX, force it to stop reloading, you can force it changing your weapon, jumping, casting, attacking with mele weapons.........

so... the bug is that half of the reload animation can be skipped?

like almost every gun in almost every game ever?

... good job?

Let me see if I get what you are saying... if now a lot of people start doing something wrong everyone should start doing so because a lot of people does it? So in the end crapy games with usual known bugs are better?

Good Job!

Just think about what a bug is, even if you se a pixel in a wall texture thats not intended to be there, thats still a bug, a tiny stupid bug but still a bug.

If you dont like bug posts just ignore them.

Let me see if I get what you are saying... if now a lot of people start doing something wrong everyone should start doing so because a lot of people does it? So in the end crapy games with usual known bugs are better?

Good Job!

Just think about what a bug is, even if you se a pixel in a wall texture thats not intended to be there, thats still a bug, a tiny stupid bug but still a bug.

If you dont like bug posts just ignore them.

to be fair, i dont really think we should/can call this a bug.

usually its just called reload canceling.

its something that takes a little skill and know how to pull off.

perhaps im spoiled from my mass effect days, but still... not really sure we can class this as a bug.

that said, there are a few ways i can think of to "fix" this.

1. remove most of the animation, thus making them feel a little less like a gun and more like a toy imo.

2. change the ammo indicator to only change after the full animation is done, thus lowering overall dps on weps.

3. account for reload cancels in the design of weps and build weps to allow for skilled players to draw out the best potential on weps

in all honesty though, there will always be a way to cut back on animations in one form or another.

its a skill, it takes time and practice to get good at it.

off topic:

thinking back to my ME3mp days, i could reload cancel that claymore like mad, so much dmg so damn fast... warframe aint got nothin on that.

Edited by alchemistjkt

Lets se.. read this:

to be fair, i dont really think we should/can call this a bug.

Then read this again

Just think about what a bug is.

It's not about what you think, its what it is, you might like it or not but a bug its still a bug. I do play a lot to, I do use common bugs on games too, that doesn't mean they aren't bugs at all. Its like the sprint + crouch thats a bug unless DEVS says it's not. I dont think they programmed it to work as that so it makes it a bug but it might end up as part of the game since it's fun? to use it.

in all honesty though, there will always be a way to cut back on animations in one form or another.

its a skill, it takes time and practice to get good at it.

It's not skill, that just means that this particular bug isn't easy to reproduce or exploit. The one that comes to mind right now is Bunny Hop in CS, that was a bug, it wasn't easy to use it, once 1.6 came out it was almost impossible to use it, still could be done but was a lot harder, but dont tell me it wasn't a bug since in the end got corrected. This list is just too long, we can keep going though.