Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cover System & Grenades

--LENGEY--

A cover based system was already shot down very early into Warframe development; I rather doubt the devs would buckle on that design decision. I do not personally feel that sticky cover would work very well in this game and would likely detract from its' movement based nature. 

9 minutes ago, nerfinator6 said:

Ok but why would I use it?

Because somebody who had an un-original idea told you to?   I have no idea why people want to turn one game into another game they used to play....like, just go play that game?  It is like they can't understand the concept of variety, novelty, and different experiences. 

It is like the kid who only eats captain crunch for 3 meals and brain explodes when somebody is eating a steak and goes...man, if they made the steak more crunchy and colored it yellow it would be great...why don't we try that.  *faceplam

The cover system would improve the interaction with the environments so it would be useful for the game, on the one hand we would have the frenetic movement and on the other the cover as a more careful movement (an example of this would be Vanquish), the problem with this system is that lacks innovation.

Elements such as grenades / traps / mines would be useful because they would improve the variety in the players' arsenal, but first the devs have to fix the balance because if they implement these elements, both melee weapons and frame abilities (for example) will eclipse them, so the grenades and mines would have to be unique in something (in terms of utility) so as not to be overshadowed by other weapons.

En 23/12/2020 a las 7:49, --LENGEY-- dijo:

random loot system

Bad idea.

6 hours ago, AltheusVI said:

I have shields, armour, adaptation and incredible manouverability, unless the grenades are small nuclear devices they won't even scratch the paint on a warframe.

I'm reminded of all the times people were wondering what the heck killed them from full everything, and apparently if you dig into some log file on the PC it would include the cause of death.  These cases of mysterious oneshot death were typically from something like "took 5,349 damage at 1,301 health from a CORRUPTED CREWMAN using a NpcThrowGrenadeWeapon"

Oh, and the NpcThrownGrenadeWeapon tended to bypass all reductions/protections.

Archived