Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee master race

B4HEK

Imo DE just wants us to play melee only, because this is the only type of weapons which can scale in damage as the time passes..

Recently, Cedo was introduced... Auto shotgun with built in Condition Overload... Yes, it is powerful, but not as weapon itself, compared to melee, because many players just will spam its glaive for CO damage boost on melee. I really don`t understand, what stops DE from making CO mod for firearms? 

The "balance" is nonexistent in this game, so why they can`t just accept OP design of Warframe and allow us to powercreep anything...

P.S. It is also frustrating to many players that we can`t change holster positions for firearms compared to melee... So, no real fashionframe for guns.

1 hour ago, B4HEK said:

Imo DE just wants us to play melee only, because this is the only type of weapons which can scale in damage as the time passes..

Recently, Cedo was introduced... Auto shotgun with built in Condition Overload... Yes, it is powerful, but not as weapon itself, compared to melee, because many players just will spam its glaive for CO damage boost on melee. I really don`t understand, what stops DE from making CO mod for firearms? 

The "balance" is nonexistent in this game, so why they can`t just accept OP design of Warframe and allow us to powercreep anything...

P.S. It is also frustrating to many players that we can`t change holster positions for firearms compared to melee... So, no real fashionframe for guns.

Yeah...warframe has a ton of balance issues.  This being one of the big ones.  I wish they focused on refining and balancing their current stuff instead of adding new content.

1 час назад, (PSN)Madurai-Prime сказал:

Have you tried using more than 3 forma and trying Primed bane mods? My Akvasto Prime is pretty nice in Steel path MoT, but that's because I actually formaed it more than once lol.

could your akvasto deal with enemies above 200+ lvl in one shot?

14 часов назад, (PSN)Madurai-Prime сказал:

You can kill an enemy in a few swings, which is different than one shot.

My Skana onehits grineer at 200+ because of sh*tton of procs...

Also, Exalted blade goes swoosh!

On 2020-12-23 at 6:09 PM, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Have you tried using more than 3 forma and trying Primed bane mods? My Akvasto Prime is pretty nice in Steel path MoT, but that's because I actually formaed it more than once lol.

Come on, anybody that has played this game for 50 hrs knows melee is stronger and more efficient at killing in Warframe.

5 hours ago, z3us32610 said:

Come on, anybody that has played this game for 50 hrs knows melee is stronger and more efficient at killing in Warframe.

Yea, because it's common sense....

If you want to kill more efficiently with a primary or secondary weapon....it has to be an AOE weapon and you have to forma it and used Primed mods. This is also common sense. 

Please tell me how a single target weapon like a Tiberon Prime is going to do aoe damage? Explosive shells with a 10m radius? 

35 минут назад, (PSN)Madurai-Prime сказал:

Please tell me how a single target weapon like a Tiberon Prime is going to do aoe damage? Explosive shells with a 10m radius? 

Explosive damage was nerfed to the ground, now it only causes enemy to get reduced accuracy during proc, no AOE damage... So, melee is meta.

4 минуты назад, (PSN)Madurai-Prime сказал:

Did you know you can add other elements to your weapon? 

Ofc i didn`t...

3 минуты назад, (XBOX)TyeGoo сказал:

I wouldn't say no to scaling mods for rifles etc.. 

Beyond me that CO for rifles still isn't a thing.. while melee gets new mods with almost every update.. we're still using the same mods on rifles for years.. (outside of fluff mods like extra double jumps)

I guess, someone at DE just thinks that primaries and secondaries are perfectly balanced and fun to play, with no additional mods required (wrong xD).

2 минуты назад, (XBOX)TyeGoo сказал:

I mean they kinda touched scaling with the new soma mod from Deimos, however even with that it takes the entire magazine for one higher lvl unit 😂 

Honestly, at this point the entire arsenal of firearms need rebalancing... I remember when i saw mod wings of purity which allows Furis to heal at percentage of damage dealt, i immediately thought: finally, i am not forced to play melee only to heal myself reliably... After formaing Furis 5 times i thought: FML

1 hour ago, B4HEK said:

Honestly, at this point the entire arsenal of firearms need rebalancing... I remember when i saw mod wings of purity which allows Furis to heal at percentage of damage dealt, i immediately thought: finally, i am not forced to play melee only to heal myself reliably... After formaing Furis 5 times i thought: FML

People use melee to heal? I thought this was about doing damage with guns? Transference is for healing lol

4 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Yea, because it's common sense....

If you want to kill more efficiently with a primary or secondary weapon....it has to be an AOE weapon and you have to forma it and used Primed mods. This is also common sense. 

Nobody said that. I simply was responding to the insinuation made by you that Formaing a single target weapon "more than once" and using "Primed Bane mods" somehow was relevant to what OP was stating. Perhaps you didn't understand.

What he was saying is something you can read quite a lot about on here and reddit.

Melee is far and away the quickest and strongest weapon category.

When OP said that, he was also asking that ranged weapons get some scaling similar to melee. 

35 minutes ago, z3us32610 said:

Nobody said that. I simply was responding to the insinuation made by you that Formaing a single target weapon "more than once" and using "Primed Bane mods" somehow was relevant to what OP was stating. Perhaps you didn't understand.

What he was saying is something you can read quite a lot about on here and reddit.

Melee is far and away the quickest and strongest weapon category.

When OP said that, he was also asking that ranged weapons get some scaling similar to melee. 

Yes, I've read quite a few unrealistic expectations and demands towards guns.

People somehow think they're gonna take a single primary weapon, stand on top of a perch somewhere and pick off swarms of enemies with one projectile....which basically isn't gonna happen. 

But....it basically can happen with some weapons already, though....if you....like I said, forma them and mod them correctly. Yes, you will have to get off your ledge to go collect some ammo....but that's the cost of using ammunition....

5 часов назад, (PSN)Madurai-Prime сказал:

People use melee to heal? I thought this was about doing damage with guns? Transference is for healing lol

My friend, there are some people who hate operators...

I did the mr30 test with old my naramon saryn build(I used Mirage afterward), I went there no spoilers, I then read other people opinion about it, I did not even noticed there was a SP Nox in the last wave and there seem to have been some struggle on the mission while honestly to me, it is probably too easy, not arsh enough on the scalling. I went there without arcane guardian, no surefooted or handspring etc and I ended at 80% or something so it was extremly large. Maybe some guns can pull that out but you'd have to be particulary good at the game to do a run as smooth as I had, there is lot more decision making involved, you need to aim and you need pretty good ranged weapons builds as well, like probably riven territory.

They keep releasing interesting weapons but the issue is not the weapons, it's the mods and it is there since the release of CO tbh.

49 минут назад, Galuf сказал:

naramon saryn build

49 минут назад, Galuf сказал:

you'd have to be particulary good at the game

Please, don`t write about being good at game when using Saryn... It`s just lazymode.

However, i agree with all other parts you said about game.

Melee is stronger because it has a lot of systems going for it that primary and secondary don't have. Stealth damage multipliers, combo multipliers, finishers, heavy attacks, condition overload, blood rush, stances with 100% bleed procs, etc. Guns have head shots (that melee has too) and I guess snipers have combo counters but no where near as high as x12 damage or any kind of Naramon Power Spike support.

Guns in this game are just guns in this game. We can't even John Wick or Devil May Cry with them.

On 2020-12-23 at 9:09 PM, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

I have better ranged weapons with optimally rolled riven mods and 7-8 forma, yet they pale in comparison to melee weapons with similar level of investment. Like 10-20x stronger. The point the OP mentioned is absolutely correct. And let’s face it, unless you can fully strip armour most of your damage comes from hunters ammunition. Otherwise you will deal no damage to Graineer or Corrputed.

However, the solution is not necessarily to buff ranged weapons (some unquestionably need a buff). Armour scaling needs to be removed. Then significantly reduce bleed damage. The game will work so much better from that point, and balance will be much easier.

1 hour ago, (PSN)thegarada said:

I have better ranged weapons with optimally rolled riven mods and 7-8 forma, yet they pale in comparison to melee weapons with similar level of investment. Like 10-20x stronger. The point the OP mentioned is absolutely correct. And let’s face it, unless you can fully strip armour most of your damage comes from hunters ammunition. Otherwise you will deal no damage to Graineer or Corrputed.

However, the solution is not necessarily to buff ranged weapons (some unquestionably need a buff). Armour scaling needs to be removed. Then significantly reduce bleed damage. The game will work so much better from that point, and balance will be much easier.

Enemy armour was already nerfed. 

Maybe try stripping the armor with corrosive and/or one of the many warframe abilities specifically made to lower enemy defenses? Or identifying and targeting enemy units that give their allies resistances like some eximus units? 

Most players aren't constantly fighting enemies that are level 1000 and above, so we don't really need to balance weapons around that level....

Archived